• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i was a cadet engineer that time sa alcatel cebu - office namin was at AS fortuna , mandaue city. Contract namin islacom expansion sa cebu , position ko that time was Mapping and telemetry. my first salary was 9k kasama na 2k bonus .... naka envelope dahil wala pa ako company ATM....... i didnt spend any of it...... i still have it at my gun case .... 9k in an increments of 100... pati serial numbers nilista ko. I want to make it a momento at parang sentimental value na rin.

First job was in 86 i was paiper boy.

dident i saved the first pay's

for a boat. small one with 9.9 hp engine.. lol

remember it still was a n "Askeladden" thats a norwegian boat.

think it was 9 feet.

i belewe i payed 10 000 nkr (73 000 php) and about the same for the engine..

Worst thing was that the year after the boat was stolen :(

• 2 months later...

Many firsts:

got paid 8,500 in 1995 -- paid off debts, then bought a Seiko 5 automatic (no batteries) wrist watch which I'm still wearing now.

left my job in 2000 and started a company, so no salary... 3 months after I got a break and earned 750k in a snap... bought a brand new Lancer MX (it was selling for 680K then... I didn't pay cash, I took out a loan, but paid 240K in equity)

Closed shop in 2004 and got back to regular employment again... 1st month salary, I bought a return ticket for a holiday in Australia and a 2nd hand laptop a friend offered.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to be a working student and I got 176 pesos / day. That was way below minimum wage but it paid for my tuition and books (oops I did not buy books . . . I photocopied them at the office which was waaay cheaper :thumbsupsmiley: After a few years, I got myself into the first white collar job na graveyard shift spending 6 hours after school was done. Slept at the office til 7AM and then back to school (as in walang paligo kung wala ng time) Grabe! At least I am reaping the rewards. Am now making more than 10 times what I made as a working student :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...