• 3 weeks later...

from 1990-1994, i was a disc jockey and was paid 500/5hrs, had gigs almost 3-4 times a week. it was enough for me to support my daily allowance and school stuff during college. i collect original and hard-to-find CDs back then. i bought an Earth, Wind & Fire CD with my first paycheck. :headsetsmiley:

Edited by TheGeneral
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
What was your first regular paying job? How much did you get and what did you do with your first paycheck? (Didn't know where else to post this topic)

My first job was as a research assistant at an advertising agency in Makati. Being a fresh grad back in the early 90s, I knew zilch about salary scales nor negotiating my salary. What I received was just minimum wage for that boring job. It wasn't even P3,200/month! So after six months when I became a permanent employee and had a salary increase (a mere P200), I resigned and moved to another ad agency as a copywriter with better pay and benefits.

What did I do with my first paycheck? I took my sister to dinner and a movie. And I didn't mind taking her to a dinner and a movie the weekend after each payday. :cool:

• 3 months later...