I was an assistant in a pre-school in Dhahran... got me a Guess watch that I still keep in good condition up to this day. It's the first time piece I ever bought for myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First Job - used to help out in my mom's store when I was a kid, I actually got paid for it but that was so long ago and can't remember anymmore what I did with the money

First Paying Job - Intern in a firm in Makati, gave everything to my mom because my pay there is not enough to cover my allowance/expenses

First Real Job - gave everything to church as thanksgiving to God

FIRST JOB: practicum 1 semester with an NGO in smokey mountain, 1 semester with an NGO helping out peasant farmers in nueva ecija. just got allowance back then which wasn't that much. pinang-inom lang yata namin....

FIRST REAL JOB: medical representative

FIRST PAYCHECK: clothes, shoes, fancy dinner with my gf and a blowout party with my friends.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First job - Student Assistant , got paid PhP 2.50/hour (1980); probably spent on beer and dates

Next job - Research Assistant, got paid PhP 1,500 / mo (1982) - spent mostly on clothes, books and (when I saved some) a Pioneer tape player (there was a CD player option, but it would cost as much as the whole minicomp)

I always made sure that there is something concrete that I can associate with a phase in my professional life (or proceeds from a major racket).