Back To The 70's

There'll be a concert this Sat May 14 in Makati to be hosted by RJ. What makes it interesting is that among the acts to perform are Johnny Alegre and his band Affinity, Joey Puyat and the Blue Rats, Jun Lopito, The Dawn, among others. Concert is from 6pm to 3am. Tickets are priced at only a hundred.

pards the other available ringbacks for Globe are BALONG MALALIM and HIMIG NATIN...

wasn't even aware that they'll be having a reunion concert...I only heard talk yun pala may schedule na talaga...buti ka pa dyan sa BK mas updated :P

Of course, I'll be seeing it - sana nandito ka na nun - we'll watch together......better still, all regulars in this thread can meet up there for concert-watching-cum-EB :boo:

waddaya guys say?

Ok ako jan :cool:

sama ako. hehehehe! joke lang.

naniniwala na ako na mas maganda si jodie f. ngayon. dalawa na nagsabi. :)

breaking news dito.

plane came within 3 MI of white house. the pilot didn't respond to repeated attempts. white house, u.s.capitol, supreme court were evacuated. pres. bush was not around during the evacuation. the errant plane landed in maryland. threat level was raised from orange to red.

Guest Kobester

The era of Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Daimos, Mekanda Robot, Grandizer. Hehehe Pagka Monday at Mekanda Robot Tuesday Daimos Wed Mazinger Z Thur Grandizer Friday Voltes V and Saturday Star Rangers hehehe. From 6:00 to 6:30 ung show.

Ang dating in charge sa Voltes V e ung kapatid ni Jun Urbano aka Mr. Shooli. I met this guy once in the US. Kinwento nya kung paano pinatay ni Coymacs ung negosyo nila hehehe. Masama daw sa mga bata. Hehehe e bakit ngayon meron tayong Cartoon Network na nagpapalabas minsan ng Adult Swim Cartoons hehehe.

Ang pagkakaalam ko kaya pinasara yang mga yan para pumasok sa eksena ung isang crony frend ni marcos at sya mismo ang magpapalabas ng mga cartoons tulad ng candy candy hehehe. Sa kasamaang palad after a few months nag flop ung cartoons nya hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

saw the 3rd Manila Jazzfest last Friday - and it got me to thinking - ang tagal na pala akong hindi nakakapanuod ng concert na ganito.

Among those who played were Johnny Alegre and Tots Tolentino - founding members of the UP Jazz Ensemble and I can still remember my college days when I would play hooky just to watch them at the UP Theater. I can remember Johnny skulking around Abelardo Hall - long curly locks and all with a guitar to boot - ngayon kalbo na siya - he wore a baseball cap during the concert to hide the fact but his fingers were still undeniably nimble and good, if not so much better!

Tots looks so corporate now - kung makakasabay nyo siya di mo aakalain na he's one of the greatest saxophonists we have....

great great show - helluva deja vu :P

Next stop - the JUAN DE LA CRUZ Reunion gig on Saturday!

I forgot....

Is is true? I read somewhere that Pepe Smith composed their signature song ANG HIMIG NATIN 20 minutes before a show in Luneta in the 70's? And he did this in the ladies lavatory there because he had to have a quiet place to compose it since he wanted an appropriate song for their concert - their show being titled ANG HIMIG NATIN............