Back To The 70's

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Channel 7 was my favorite channel. Shows included Combat, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Mchales's Navy, Gilligan's Island, The Invaders, The Time Tunnel, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The FBI, Star Trek, Lost in Space, The Three Stooges, various American cartoons and of course Uncle Bob's Lucky Seven Club hosted by Bob Stewart.

Those were the days.....

Somethings I remember in the 70"s FOOD DRINKS and CANDIES

*caramel candies at 5 pcs for singko centimos pero 3 pcs for singko na ang inabutan ko

* Texas bubblegum for same price as caramel candies

* Milk nougat candies

* TIRA TIRA long hard candies

*Serg's chocolate

* PRIMA toasted biscuits

*Choco Vim

*SUNKIST juice the original one in tetra pack the triangle shaped one

*APPLE SIDRA softdrinks

Pancho Pantera Chocolate Milk

Horlicks

Bazooka bubblegum

Julep fruit drinks

Pompom chocolates

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back during martial law, there was a curfew between 12 am and 5 am everyday. Parties back then were held at homes rather than in bars like they are today. Kids who were still at the party when midnight came were stuck at that party until dawn. Curfew applied to everyone except emergency personnel such as doctors.

• Like (+1) 1

Wasn't Combat Channel 9? Three Stooges used to be in Channel 2.

I'm pretty certain Combat was on Channel 7. When Vic Morrow and Ric Jason visited Manila in 1964, the roads were full of people waiting for their idols to pass. They were invited by Bob Stewart who I believed owned Channel 7 at that time.

I'm also pretty sure that the Three Sooges aired on Channel 7. This was my favorite all english channel in the 60's and 70's.

Were you ever a member of Bob Stewart's Lucky 7 Club?

Wasn't Combat Channel 9? Three Stooges used to be in Channel 2.

I'm pretty certain Combat was on Channel 7. When Vic Morrow and Ric Jason visited Manila in 1964, the roads were full of people waiting for their idols to pass. They were invited by Bob Stewart who I believed owned Channel 7 at that time.

I'm also pretty sure that the Three Sooges aired on Channel 7. This was my favorite all english channel in the 60's and 70's.

Were you ever a member of Bob Stewart's Lucky 7 Club?

Combat - Channel 7 (RBS/GMA).

Three Stooges - Channel 2 (BBC/City 2) during the 1980s. Prior to the that, I'm not sure about which channel aired them.

Bob Stewart - Uncle Bob was the founder of RBS/GMA. During the late 1970s, he had to sell his holdings in RBS/GMA because of a law during Martial Law era that prohibits foreign ownership of media. At that time, he had two shows ("Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club" and "The Maestro & Uncle Bob" (with Federico Elizalde) later "Uncle Bob and Friends" after Elizalde died). After the sale, his shows ended as well and he was never seen on TV again. During the 80s, his son Jodie continued the kiddie show as "The New Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club" but went off-the-air by the early 90s. Uncle Bob died in 2006 in the US.

I was a card carrying member of Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club (personally signed by Uncle Bob). I still have it.

Edited by muttley

Sorry pare pero hindi pa ko pinapanganak nung 60s. laugh.gif

I know that Combat was on the same channel as Wonder Woman in the mid 70s which was on Channel 9.

But I know Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club. That was really on Channel 7.

Ha ha ha :lol: I see there's some sort of generation gap here. But there are even some older people who've mentioned certain tv programs I can't relate to because either because I wasn't born yet or I was too young to remember.

So I guess what we recall about television while we were growing up differs from person to person depending on our relative ages.

Ayan nabisto tuloy kung more or less anong age ko!!:lol: ;)

Edited by sonnyt111

Combat - Channel 7 (RBS/GMA).

Three Stooges - Channel 2 (BBC/City 2) during the 1980s. Prior to the that, I'm not sure about which channel aired them.

Bob Stewart - Uncle Bob was the founder of RBS/GMA. During the late 1970s, he had to sell his holdings in RBS/GMA because of a law during Martial Law era that prohibits foreign ownership of media. At that time, he had two shows ("Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club" and "The Maestro & Uncle Bob" (with Federico Elizalde) later "Uncle Bob and Friends" after Elizalde died). After the sale, his shows ended as well and he was never seen on TV again. During the 80s, his son Jodie continued the kiddie show as "The New Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club" but went off-the-air by the early 90s. Uncle Bob died in 2006 in the US.

I was a card carrying member of Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club (personally signed by Uncle Bob). I still have it.

Now that you mentioned it yeah you're right, Three Stooges did air on Channel 2 during martial law. It wasn't ABS-CBN yet. It had been re-named BBC during the Marcos regime. That aired everyday at 6 pm if memory serves me right.

But The Three Stooges originally aired on Channel 7 in the 60's. You say you were a member of Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club? Then you must know he used to commute using his Hughs 300 chopper. One time he landed on top of the building where my family used to hold business. Bob Stewart was a business partner of my uncle and he came to pick him up to visit some land in Batangas. When I heard he was coming to pick up my uncle, I waited for his arrival on the roofdeck of the building. When he arrived, he got off the chopper, went up to me (I was about 10 years old at that time) and asked me if I wanted to take a ride on his chopper. Of course I said yes.

So here I am with my idol...just the two of us sitting inside his chopper. This was supposed to be my very first ever helicopter ride. He started the engines and just before the chopper took off, my mom came rushing and pulled me out of the chopper!!! He he he. Opportunity down the drain. I still chide my mom today for ruining what could have been an experience i would never forget!