Back To The 70's

Ohh yeh..Leon Russel did write that song. Another piece of Russel genuis was the song " A Song for You" which was covered by both Ray Charles and the Carpenters.

Here's a link to the beautiful song which Leon sings in his usually haunting manner:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/russell_leon/77185/album.jhtml

:D

great song too....I wonder what happened to Leon Russell...

hey bods...eagles are here in bkk...might be able to watch tomorow night if i can get a ticket...halos sold out na

hey that's a blast!

i wonder why they always don't include manila in their itinerary eh ang lapit na nyan...

Good viewing pare...the last I saw of them was in the HELL FREEZES OVER reunion tour... they looked quite old then - pano pa kaya ngayon :D

As to the origin of the name of that reunion: When the Eagles broke up with a lot bad blood back in the mid-80's, they said that they will only reunite when hell freezes over hehehe...

hey that's a blast!

i wonder why they always don't include manila in their itinerary eh ang lapit na nyan...

Good viewing pare...the last I saw of them was in the HELL FREEZES OVER reunion tour... they looked quite old then - pano pa kaya ngayon :D

As to the origin of the name of that reunion: When the Eagles broke up with a lot bad blood back in the mid-80's, they said that they will only reunite when hell freezes over hehehe...

well, this tour is known as farewell 1...accdg to glen frey...i also wonder why mla is not part of their itinerary, given that they're going to hk and spore...baka walang sponsor diyan...they do look old, pero bihis 70s pa rin, like in really faded jeans, jacket and t-shirt...hope they sing desperado, one of these nights, life in the fast lane...hotel california is eagerly awaited by the thais

well, this tour is known as farewell 1...accdg to glen frey...i also wonder why mla is not part of their itinerary, given that they're going to hk and spore...baka walang sponsor diyan...they do look old, pero bihis 70s pa rin, like in really faded jeans, jacket and t-shirt...hope they sing desperado, one of these nights, life in the fast lane...hotel california is eagerly awaited by the thais

pards ang galing siguro ng concert na yan!

I hope they play a different version of Hotel California - like what they did in HELL FREEZES OVER...kumpleto ba sila? pati sina J.D Souther and that Walsh guy?

I don't know what's with Manila - dati din yung U2 they had an Asian swing pero di ko maintindihan bakit hindi nila sinama ang Manila...

I hope they play a different version of Hotel California - like what they did in HELL FREEZES OVER...kumpleto ba sila? pati sina J.D Souther and that Walsh guy?

I

JD Souther left the band long ago and was replaced by Timothy B. Schmidt. For this tour, I know that Don Felder is not with them. Don Felder is the other guitar player- the one who usually plays the double neck Gibson.

:D

I don't know what's with Manila - dati din yung U2 they had an Asian swing pero di ko maintindihan bakit hindi nila sinama ang Manila...

stuart smith replaces felder, but frey, henley and walsh are here...they'll be backed up by eight other musicians...just got word from my amigo na wala ng ticket...but then there are always scalpers who have the tickets you want...just a matter of coughing up a few extra baht...tickets range from 1000 up...will be leaving in about an hour...if i don't catch them tonight, there's still tomorrow night...will post a review if i do get to watch them, guys..."please bring me my wine..."

Nice pic pareng robbie. Good luck sa concert pareng Sally. Naalala ko inuwian ako ng open reel tape ng Eagles (Hotel California) galing sa cousin ko from Germany noong 1974.

Habang tina-type ko ito e tumutugtog yung "New Kid in Town..."

There's talk on the street; it sounds so familiar

Great expectations, everybody's watching you

People you meet, they all seem to know you

Even your old friends treat you like you're something new

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town

Everybody loves you, so don't let them down

You look in her eyes; the music begins to play

Hopeless romantics, here we go again

But after awhile, you're lookin' the other way

It's those restless hearts that never mend

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town

Will she still love you when you're not around?

There's so many things you should have told her,

but night after night you're willing to hold her,

Just hold her, tears on your shoulder

There's talk on the street, it's there to

Remind you, that it doesn't really matter

which side you're on.

You're walking away and they're talking behind you

They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along

Where you been lately? There's a new kid in town

Everybody loves him, don't they?

Now he's holding her, and you're still around

Oh, my, my

There's a new kid in town

Ooh, hoo

Everybody's talking 'bout the new kid in town

Ooh, hoo

Everybody's walking' like the new kid in town

I don't want to hear it

I don't want to hear it

stuart smith replaces felder, but frey, henley and walsh are here...they'll be backed up by eight other musicians...just got word from my amigo na wala ng ticket...but then there are always scalpers who have the tickets you want...just a matter of coughing up a few extra baht...tickets range from 1000 up...will be leaving in about an hour...if i don't catch them tonight, there's still tomorrow night...will post a review if i do get to watch them, guys..."please bring me my wine..."

so how's the concert? were you able to get in? :D

so how's the concert? were you able to get in? :D

decided not to watch it...the scalper was asking for 2,500 baht...i figured that's like 6 cds or a truly expensive meal at the oriental or a very decent pair of shoes...di bale na lang...just stayed outside the stadium for a toke with a couple of friends...and you know what?...heard the riffs of heartache tonight...how apt for the situation i was in!!!...ok lang...pero pag u2, i will not hesitate.

decided not to watch it...the scalper was asking for 2,500 baht...i figured that's like 6 cds or a truly expensive meal at the oriental or a very decent pair of shoes...di bale na lang...just stayed outside the stadium for a toke with a couple of friends...and you know what?...heard the riffs of heartache tonight...how apt for the situation i was in!!!...ok lang...pero pag u2, i will not hesitate.

sayang ah! pero I don't think your night was wasted, pare...any feedback on how the concert was? Any "talk on the streets"?