Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

help naman. first time ko to humingi ng legal advise.

3 years na ako hiwalay sa wife ko. may isa akong anak sa kanya. 4 y/o na. 3 years na din ako nagbibigay financial support para sa anak ko. 10k the first year then ginawa ko 15k after kasi nagumpisa na mag aral ang bata.

now, 2 months back. nag abroad misis ko. im living abroad too btw. iniwan nya anak ko sa parents ko. sa madaling salita. sa amin na nakatira baby ko, kami na nag parents ko na nagaalaga and sumasalo sa gastusin.

now, pwede ko na ba stop pagbigay ko ng pera sa wife ko kasi nasa amin na baby ko? kasi binigigyan ko pa x-wife ko around 13k a month then i give 5k pa sa mom ko pangastos ng anak ko now na nasa amin na sya.

tama ba na stop ko na yun then ibigay ko na lamg lahat ng money to my mom. kasi sya nman na nagaasikaso sa anak ko.

ayon sa batas. if im earning 50-60k a mont . magkano legal na ibigay ko for cjhild support for my 4y/o daughter ?

thanks sa sinuman makakatulong. kung pwede pm na lang ang reply.

good day!

can somebody please shed some light to this. i'm in the same predicament but on a different note i.e. ex only gives when and how much he wants. am not seeking financial support for myself and my kids because i can raise them on my own. however, the ex has responsibility to provide support because they are his kids too.

thanks to whoever would reply.

3 years na ako hiwalay sa wife ko. may isa akong anak sa kanya. 4 y/o na. 3 years na din ako nagbibigay financial support para sa anak ko. 10k the first year then ginawa ko 15k after kasi nagumpisa na mag aral ang bata.

now, 2 months back. nag abroad misis ko. im living abroad too btw. iniwan nya anak ko sa parents ko. sa madaling salita. sa amin na nakatira baby ko, kami na nag parents ko na nagaalaga and sumasalo sa gastusin.

now, pwede ko na ba stop pagbigay ko ng pera sa wife ko kasi nasa amin na baby ko? kasi binigigyan ko pa x-wife ko around 13k a month then i give 5k pa sa mom ko pangastos ng anak ko now na nasa amin na sya.

tama ba na stop ko na yun then ibigay ko na lamg lahat ng money to my mom. kasi sya nman na nagaasikaso sa anak ko.

ayon sa batas. if im earning 50-60k a mont . magkano legal na ibigay ko for cjhild support for my 4y/o daughter ?

good day!

hello,

usually, the support given by the estranged husband is for the children and not for the wife. i dont find any reason why you should continue supporting your estranged spouse, even if you are merely separated in fact.

i strongly suggest that you just send money to your mom. it is ok. especially now that your estranged wife is already abroad earning.

the law does not say or categorize the income earned. it is always a case to case basis. the parameter is the earning capacity and the courts determine how much. in your case, i see that it is ok to just support your child the best you can.

have a nice day.

Guys, Im an aspiring law student i wonder if you could help me make a decision.

i passed the law entrance exam in ust and san beda.

in your opinion, which law school is better and why?

sorry for being out of topic but... theres no other place to ask the question.

Although I am not a graduate of either schools, it seems San Beda is the better choice, based on bar passing percentage. Be prepared to fight for your survival though. Matindi raw ang  bagsakan dyan:-)

i beg to disagree as to san beda being the better choice. i was once a student of san beda. but i VOLUNTARILY left beda after my freshman year (since i believed that i will not be successful as a person, not merely as a lawyer, if i stay in beda). beda was never fair to the students. let me give some instances:

a. they release grades on june only. why? to make hocus focus. come on, why release grades that late? why not give the students the chance to transfer to a good school? only arellano and san beda alabang are the willing law schools come june.

b. the grades are not that fair. in my time, my legal profession prof told us that 5 guys from each of his class will fail. guess what, it did happen! worse, 2 times lang sya pumasok the whole sem. patay na sya and im happy that his crappy teaching has ended.

c. the students are not empowered. because of the katay system, students are made to become "puppies" or sipsip to their profs. i cant believe that a bonehead classmate of mine in beda, pretty but bonehead, passed and my classmate who is much brighter than her did not. nakarma din yun babae, hindi pumasa sa bar.

the recent scandal in beda where 2 disqualified students were made to re-enroll dahil malakas sa dean at rector. that was impressive.

try the boycott rule. 1/3 of the class is absent, the present one gets a grade of 50 for teh day and those absent gets double 50. kung present ka, bakit dapat me 50 ka, diba?

d. the law students of beda lacks camaraderie. because of the again, the katay system, nagtataguan ng notes, nagtatrayduran etc. blockmates ko, pagkatapos kong pahiramin ng notes ko, nagdamot ba naman ng notes nila!

yes, san beda makes lawyers. but not good lawyers. sinu-sino ba ang sikat na lawyer sa beda aside from roco? hehehe.

======

sir B-9904

it is not the school that makes a lawyer, it is the student itself. i came from a school that is not among the top 3 (and a relatively young law school finding its place in the map of the law academe). but modesty aside, i passed in my first take, our school got 65% passing, and a classmate of mine landed in the top 10 (take note, san beda has no topnotcher this year).

just practice discipline, and you will be ok. good luck in the choices that you make.

Inquire ko kung paano ibuburn ang isang nadownload na movie pero mataas ang file nya like 800mb plus tapos yung blank na VCD/Cd eh 750mb lang capacity, paano hahatiin yun para maging CD 1 and Cd 2 para kumasya. I have LG Cd writer and dvd reader, using nero?

download ka nalang ng VCD cutter then hatiin mo sa 2 yung file, mpeg or avi format. Then just select the make Video CD option ng Nero and burn the 1st file. thats all. :D

may naka encounter na ba sa inyo sa WINDOWS XP....sa explorer meron mga Menus...under Tools lalabas dapat ung Folder Options.....kaso ung sa PC ko sa bahay nawala.

Pati ung Folder Options Icon sa Control Panel nawala din.  Meron bang nakakaalam paano maibabalik ito?

Thanks!

go to START >Run > type regedit > browse to this location ....

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer > then look for the entry on the right that says "NoFolderOptions" change the value to 0 then reboot mo system mo...

Dear b-9904,

Cute indeed you are.

Smart apparently you are.

Rich obviously you are.

But a law student you are not.......yet.

Don’t prepare yourself to become a good law student. Prepare yourself to become a good lawyer. Surely, becoming a GOOD lawyer requires more than 4 years of law studies.

Be like Pimentel, Tanada, Joker Arroyo, Salonga. Don't be like Estelito Mendoza, Dean Coronel, or even Sec. Gonzales.

Don’t aspire for stature in law. Aspire for stature in being a great Filipino.

More often than not, stature in law is equated to one's ability to twist the law to suit one's client, be it just or not.

I repeat my advice: if you’re not yet prepared for law school this year just work for two years. Enjoy your life muna. Richness of experience is also necessary to appreciate the law.

legal advice po kelangan ko...

legal po ba ang 5" hunting knife dalhin sa camping or any outdoor recreation?

kung nde naman po ano ang pede ikaso sakin? how many yrs. bubunuin ko kung sakali? ganda kc ng hunting knife ko ayoko i give up hehehehe

Ha ha, I respectfully beg t agree pala sinabi mo. Akala ko "disagree", hehe:-)

No more bunutan oral exams for Badong, at least not in our class.

My age is showing, he was my prof in Agencies. I still cannot believe the amount of work he made us do for that 2 unit course. Until now I still say in my sleep "By the contract of agency a person binds himself..."

His appointment as Law Dean was marred by some controversy but I guess he means well.

I really miss Prof. Ambion.

Dura Lex Pyrex

legal advice po kelangan ko...

legal po ba ang 5" hunting knife dalhin sa camping or any outdoor recreation?

kung nde naman po ano ang pede ikaso sakin? how many yrs. bubunuin ko kung sakali? ganda kc ng hunting knife ko ayoko i give up hehehehe

I would think it is. Just imagine all the farmers walking around with their bolos. The restrictions come into play when bringing bladed weapons to public places.

Dura Lex Pyrex

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
Guys, Im an aspiring law student i wonder if you could help me make a decision.

i passed the law entrance exam in ust and san beda.

in your opinion, which law school is better and why?

sorry for being out of topic but... theres no other place to ask the question.

For more Law School Related queries I think that here is the more appropriate thread:

SCHOOLS OF LAW:Circulate and Circumvent

No more pissing contests please. The question of which school is the best is for the most part subjective. There are really A LOT of factors to consider, and what factor may be important to you may not be important to another person.

Different schools have different atmospheres and the the climate in one may or may not work for you.

I suggest that you make an assessment of who you are and what you want?

Are you the type of person who thrives in a really competitive atmosphere? Or do you prefer to lay back a little? Do you like heavy case loads? How about naughty profs? Are you easily intimidated? Do you prefer listening to lectures or self-study? Does making a thesis appeal to you, and can you handle the rigors of making one? Would you like to choose your own schedule? Is the school near the place you live? How accessible is the school for you? Are the school facilities/amenities important for you? After graduating from law school, what are the chances that you can get the position you really want?

Choosing which law school to enter into is really a big decision to make but the bottomline is that its up to you how you want to live your life.

^hehehehe....

well... to become a noble lawyer... i need first to pass the bar exam.. to do that i'll need all the advantages i could get... and sometimes... the school you chose can become an advantage.

i agree with everyone though... its up to me to become a good lawyer. i just hope my lasallian values and principles wont sway should i become a lawyer.

Ms LyssaHot,

Actually, Hindi nmn ako hinahabol ng ateneo, cla nga ang nagkamali eh, dinaan lng nila sa units without even checking the subjects I took. So binased nila sa units kahit puro chem. Ang nakuha ko kaya they gave me that certificate. Ang tanong ko, sakali bng mag chk cila at sabihin na may kulang pa ako, may habol paba sila?, e yung certificate nila sinsabi.. ( has completed the academic requirements to earned a degree)… parang naloko k ng cla eh, kc alam ko dpa ako tapos e nag exceed ako ng units n di nmn kailngan s course tapos nag bigay ng certificate… papano, kaya, anong habol ko if ever n malaman nila n dipa ako tapos, may laban b ako, kc s certificate malinaw n cinasabi n tapos n ako at thesis nlng at naka doc stamp pa ito…

Miss 2sexy4u, a few questions muna:

Have u taken the required number of units for u to be conferred the degree BS in Biology? Granting that u have 120 units na nga, lahat ba ng required courses nakuha mo? In Bs Bio, we have general education courses, major subjects and the thesis. We have pre-requisites to each major subject. For instance, u cannot take Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy if u haven't taken AND PASSED hmmm Animal Physiology and Genetics. (I think.) You might have 120 units na nga but if those do not come from the prescribed courses for the degree, they are useless and will be reflected only as "additional credit".

You cannot hold the Ateneo to that certification they issued if it is not reflective of your true and accurate  academic status.

Even the copy of grades given us is for all intents and purposes useless, should there be anything in it that does not reflect what is actually recorded in your Official Transcript of Records.

Please do the courts a favor --- don't clog further the dockets. You'd be better off going back to school and enrolling in the subjects they said you should have taken but did not.

For more Law School Related queries I think that here is the more appropriate thread:

SCHOOLS OF LAW:Circulate and Circumvent

I suggest that you make an assessment of who you are and what you want?

Are you the type of person who thrives in a really competitive atmosphere? Or do you prefer to lay back a little? Do you like heavy case loads? How about naughty profs? Are you easily intimidated? Do you prefer listening to lectures or self-study? Does making a thesis appeal to you, and can you handle the rigors of making one? Would you like to choose your own schedule? Is the school near the place you live? How accessible is the school for you? Are the school facilities/amenities important for you? After graduating from law school, what are the chances that you can get the position you really want?

thanks a lot...

the questions helped.

guys, help naman!

ung laptop ko nag-hang. nag ctrl-alt-delete ako para lumabas task manager.

hindi gumalaw.

nag-ctrl-alt-delete ako para mag-restart na lang. di pa rin gumalaw. inulit ko 2x wala pa rin.

so, binunot ko baterya para mag-off.

nung balik ko battery, at nag-reboot ako. ayaw na.

may lumabas na 1782-disk controller failure.

tapos after a few minutes, tumuloy siya at sabi: non-system disk error. replace and strike any key when...

pano ba ito ayusin mga sir?

btw, naglagay na rin ako ng bootable cd ng xp sa cd drive, ganun pa rin...

saklolo naman po....

good day!

logically, support should be given to the person to be supported or to anybody who has legal guardianship over the case minor. in your case, pwede na sa nanay mo ibigay yung money coz she is the guardian at the moment.

there's another twist, however, legally, if the marriage still subsist, kahit de facto hiwalay kayo ng wife mo, there remains an obligation to support each other.

Guest Leviticus
guys, help naman!

hindi gumalaw.

nag-ctrl-alt-delete ako para mag-restart na lang. di pa rin gumalaw. inulit ko 2x wala pa rin.

tapos after a few minutes, tumuloy siya at sabi: non-system disk error. replace and strike any key when...

saklolo naman po....

a problem with the hardware itself. might be either the motherboard (I doubt), IDE cable, hard disk, etc. most likely IDE problem yan. see your friendly technician to troubleshoot

i beg to disagree as to san beda being the better choice. i was once a student of san beda. but i VOLUNTARILY left beda after my freshman year (since i believed that i will not be successful as a person, not merely as a lawyer, if i stay in beda). beda was never fair to the students. let me give some instances:

a. they release grades on june only. why? to make hocus focus. come on, why release grades that late? why not give the students the chance to transfer to a good school? only arellano and san beda alabang are the willing law schools come june.

b. the grades are not that fair. in my time, my legal profession prof told us that 5 guys from each of his class will fail. guess what, it did happen! worse, 2 times lang sya pumasok the whole sem. patay na sya and im happy that his crappy teaching has ended.

c. the students are not empowered. because of the katay system, students are made to become "puppies" or sipsip to their profs. i cant believe that a bonehead classmate of mine in beda, pretty but bonehead, passed and my classmate who is much brighter than her did not. nakarma din yun babae, hindi pumasa sa bar.

the recent scandal in beda where 2 disqualified students were made to re-enroll dahil malakas sa dean at rector. that was impressive.

try the boycott rule. 1/3 of the class is absent, the present one gets a grade of 50 for teh day and those absent gets double 50. kung present ka, bakit dapat me 50 ka, diba?

d. the law students of beda lacks camaraderie. because of the again, the katay system, nagtataguan ng notes, nagtatrayduran etc. blockmates ko, pagkatapos kong pahiramin ng notes ko, nagdamot ba naman ng notes nila! 

yes, san beda makes lawyers. but not good lawyers. sinu-sino ba ang sikat na lawyer sa beda aside from roco? hehehe.

======

sir B-9904

it is not the school that makes a lawyer, it is the student itself. i came from a school that is not among the top 3 (and a relatively young law school finding its place in the map of the law academe). but modesty aside, i passed in my first take, our school got 65% passing,  and a classmate of mine landed in the top 10 (take note, san beda has no topnotcher this year).

just practice discipline, and you will be ok. good luck in the choices that you make.

FYI: San Beda College of Law Extention(Alabang Campus) does not accept transferees because it is an extention of SBC Law in mendiola, they are not separated bec they have the same system and curriculum the only difference is taht they have different assistant deans but they have one dean.

The boycott rule affects only those who are absent during the boycot, those who come to class will not be given a grade of 50 because they are present. but still the professors in beda are all impressionists.

I cant recommend any school to you mr b9904. but one thing is sure, SBC law is not a good choice. If you are good enought, you should have passed UP Law and ATENEO law entrance exam, w/c is only an IQ and essay exam. It is proven that Ur being a lasallian is not sure ball to pass either UP or ateneo LAW

guys, help naman!

hindi gumalaw.

saklolo naman po....

yep it might be a harddrive failure..

guys, help naman!

hindi gumalaw.

saklolo naman po....

or it could be a corrupted OS.