Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

need advise, don't know which is the problem, i have a soundcard CMI8738 installed, driver installed, during startup there is sound all way up to all the icons have shown up, ok naman but when I play counterstrike no sound, "hang" after clicking play cs, nba 2004 no sound, ragna "audio init failed", all other games no sound.

hmmm... its an on-board SC from Crystal Media (yata..).. try updating ur driver.

go to driverguide.com stable and secured ang drivers nila.

:blush:

flirt lady, to give you and others a better understanding of indirect contempt of court, i deem it necessary to explain first what direct contempt is.

direct contempt is a misbehavior in the presence of or so near a court (which actually means the judge presiding a proceeding) as to obstruct or interrupt the proceedings. some ways of committing it are showing disrespect like shouting offensive language at the judge, or refusing to take an oath whenever called to a witness stand. the offended judge may punish the offender with imprisonment and/or fine immediately after contemptuous act is committed.

indirect contempt on the other hand speaks of other forms of misbehavior or disobedience towards the court which are committed outside the judge's immediate realm (presence). among others, this may be committed by misconduct of a court personnel or lawyer in his official duties like a sheriff informing a defendant of a pending order of attachment before enforcing it, or by resisting a lawful court order like returning to the property after being ejected, or failure to obey a subpoena to appear before the court, or to help a person in custody of the court to escape. in this kind of contempt, evidence must be presented to the judge to prove the contempt, thus he will first be ordered to appear before the court and to show cause why he should not be cited in indirect contempt before punishment may take place. nevertheless, while hearing his explanation and before judgment, the court may still opt to put the offender under custody.

Edited by TeeUp

Am sorry if this topic has been discussed, the thread seems too long to backread. My Question: i was recently involved in a vehicular accident. Since it was a rear-end collision, it turned out that it was my fault and i am liable to the owner of the car i bumped into. My question is, is there a pre-set limit to my liability or do i have to cater to everything that the other party asks/demands? For example, the owner insists that his car be fixed at the casa while the people from my insurance say that cannot be done because his car is more than 3 years old (model 1997 to be exact). To make things complicated he left his car at the casa which is charging P400 /day for "storage" and it seems he is planning on sticking me with the bill. Is the cost of "storage" also part of my liabiltiy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the advises, replaced the sound card gumana na, another question and need advise, pag naglalaro ng Counter Strike 1.3 lumalabas in the middle of the game nakanetwork ang setup, dalawang 8 port ang ginagamit magkaconnect yung dalawa para magnetwork ang 14 computers ang error na lumalabas "HI", by the way yung lan card, may d-link, may cnet at may mga built in sa mobo.

are there issues involving windows xp pro sp1 with the latest yahoo messenger? whenever ym is installed i get a "y pager exe. missing or something...what to do,eh di unistall ko and back to the old ym version.

is it okay na ba to download and install winxp sp2? does it cover winxp pro also?thanks !!!

Yup just download windows xp sp2. winxpsp2 can be deployed over Windows XP Home, Pro, Media Center & Tablet PC Editions...

And with your ym problem... try installing sp2 first and try to install the latest ym again...

Hope this helps mate... :mtc:

post-53-1096385465.jpg

Am sorry if this topic has been discussed, the thread seems too long to backread. My Question: i was recently involved in a vehicular accident. Since it was a rear-end collision, it turned out that it was my fault and i am liable to the owner of the car i bumped into. My question is, is there a pre-set limit to my liability or do i have to cater to everything that the other party asks/demands? For example, the owner insists that his car be fixed at the casa while the people from my insurance say that cannot be done because his car is more than 3 years old (model 1997 to be exact). To make things complicated he left his car at the casa which is charging P400 /day for "storage" and it seems he is planning on sticking me with the bill. Is the cost of "storage" also part of my liabiltiy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If that is the case then let him file the case and have it settled before the court... it seems that the opther party is bent on fleecing you to the bones... you will at least have a fighting leverage for a settlement if there is a case, than the other party dictating all the terms of the settlement.

Butsoy

In addition to what butsoy said, I think the penalty that can be imposed in this type of case (negligence/imprudence resulting to damage of property) is merely fine ranging from amount of damage to threefold (300%) IF PROVEN GUILTY.

I don't think the judge will be imposing more than 100% if you can show that you exerted earnest efforts to cause the repairs and that the other party was just being unreasonable. Also, you have to pay the amount of damage to the aggrieved party.

As to the amount of damage, you have to fight it out by proving that the reasonable expenses for the repairs that should have been incurred is the estimate given by your insurer or preferred mechanic and not the prohibitive costs of casa as the other party would like you to pay.

thanks for the advice guys.

just a point of clarification. if this thing does go to court, i don't think we can argue on wether it was my fault or not, it appears that this is already given that it was my fault. can we argue just on the basis of amount of indemnification? in other words, just get the judge to decide what is a fair amount of compenstion to the aggrieved party?

most definitely. although the law does not prohibit you from putting up alternative defenses (saying it was his fault and, in the alternative, if found to be your fault, that he demanded too much compensation for the damage) on the civil aspect of your case, i think the court would be more inclined to believe your defense of good faith in trying to settle the obligation by paying a fair amount of compensation if you admit offhand that you are civilly liable. the admission of civil liability should however be crafted in a way that does not constitute an admission of guilt for reckless/simple imprudence or negligence. a classic example would be that your brakes failed.

nonetheless, your good intention to pay, being a mere state of the mind may be difficult to prove. it being so, and anticipating future litigation, it would be for your best interest to have such intention documented this early. i suggest then that you or your lawyer write a letter to the other party clearly indicating that:

1. you have offered to pick the tab but only up to what is reasonable.

2. his demand to have his 7-year old car fixed in a casa was not necessary as other less expensive yet credible body repair shops can do the job just as efficiently.

3. if by his his adamant unjustified refusal to accept your offer some storage cost may accrue, you will not be liable therefor.

4. and the offer to have it repaired in some other reliable shops still stands.

if you do this now, it can add on to your bargaining power when sitting down on the negotiating table. ;)

Edited by TeeUp
In addition to what butsoy said, I think the penalty that can be imposed in this type of case (negligence/imprudence resulting to damage of property) is merely fine ranging from amount of damage to threefold (300%) IF PROVEN GUILTY.

I don't think the judge will be imposing more than 100% if you can show that you exerted earnest efforts to cause the repairs and that the other party was just being unreasonable.  Also, you have to pay the amount of damage to the aggrieved party.

As to the amount of damage, you have to fight it out by proving that the reasonable expenses for the repairs that should have been incurred is the estimate given by your insurer or preferred mechanic and not the prohibitive costs of casa as the other party would like you to pay.

whole seeker, your situations presents two components. one is criminal and the other civil.

lest, you be confused, this advice treats of the criminal aspect of the case. be it know however that if found guilty, the fine that will be paid here goes to the state and not to the offended party. on top of this, you may still be ordered to pay for the actual damages which is the civil component of your case.

my previous suggestion is on the anticipation that a civil case will be filed.

Edited by TeeUp

anybody here familiar with digital video surveillance softwares?

i have a grandtec video surveillance card and a generic 4-camera BNC video card.

the problem with the grandtec is that the remote dial-up streaming is only 10 sECONDS/FRAME. i tried using digi-watcher software on the grandtec card and it works at around 1-2 frame/second. the problem with digi-watcher is that it is not that user friendly and you need to run and close the granctec program first to initialize the video card.

anybody here who can suggest a better surveillance software that can provide telephone dial-up remote monitoring and compatible with the said cards?

thanks

TeeUp,  thanks for the advice and the clarification of the criminal vs. civil aspect of the case.  I hope I don't end up bankrupt after all this is over.

you'll be fine. you just need someone to manage your case well enough. just remember to be practical at it and sometimes it means going into a compromise. be assured that you'll be better off settling the case reasonably than going through years of litigation and end up paying just the same and worse, the possibility of having a criminal history.

question lng po...

gaano katagal inaabot ang annulment case? ano ba ang mas magandang gawin and pag ongoing ba yung case na to hindi pa rin pwedeng magpakasak ang both parties sa iba khit ba walang maghahabol at tututol dito. need ur advices po... thanks!!!

Edited by keyth^
question lng po...

gaano katagal inaabot ang annulment case?  ano ba ang mas magandang gawin and pag ongoing ba yung case na to hindi pa rin pwedeng magpakasak ang both parties sa iba khit ba walang maghahabol at tututol dito. need ur advices po... thanks!!!

Ang tagal ng pagtakbo ng kaso ng "annulment" ay depende sa husgado na hahawak. Huwag mo lang asahan na tapos na ang kaso sa loob ng anim na buwan, dahil mahirap mangyari yun.

Habang tumatakbo pa ang kaso, ang bawat partido ay hindi pa maaaring mag-asawa ng iba sapagkat hindi pa napapawalang bisa ang una nilang pagpapakasal. Kinakailangang hintayin muna ang desisyon ng hukuman patungkol sa kasong "annulment" bago mag-asawa muli. Kahit pa hindi na naghahabol ang bawat isa na mapanatili ang ugnayan, ito ay hindi mahalaga, sapagkat ang maghuhusga kung dapat ipawalang bisa ang kasal ay ang husgado at hindi ang mga partido. Maaabot lamang ang desisyon ng pagpapawalang bisa ng kasal kapag ito ay sang-ayon sa mga probisyon ng batas na nakasaad patungkol dito, at hindi ang pagtutol o hindi pagtutol ng mag-asawa.

anybody here know how to rebuild a level 1 software raid array in linux?

the secondary master hdd borked on me and the raid is running in degraded mode with just the first hdd running. i inserted a new hdd, with the same disk size, but the partitions are not rebuilding.

meron ba admin dito na marunong?

Yup just download windows xp sp2. winxpsp2 can be deployed over Windows XP Home, Pro, Media Center & Tablet PC Editions...

And with your ym problem... try installing sp2 first and try to install the latest ym again...

Hope this helps mate...  :mtc:

tho i havent downloaded sp 2 yet....

how come i cant get to edit my registry? tho i havent relly disabled registry editing...has software download got anything to do with it?

how to i go about disabling this admin thing about reigistry editing?

thanks!