Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

hi computer experts!

i have a problem with one of my pc's hard disks

when the computer is turned on, it executes the S.M.A.R.T.

command on both my hard drives, one is ok but the other one fails.

then it says press f1 to continue, i do so

then the computer operates normally, i can access the "failed" hard drive.

what is the S.M.A.R.T. command?

what is wrong with the failed hard drive?

how do i fix it?

btw, my pc is a p4, has 1 gig of ram and runs MS XP

please help, am afraid one day i'd lose all my data on that hard drive.

(backed it up just in case) :lol:

thank u! :)

Thanks 'agentjackbauer' for shedding some light. So is it safe to say na 4-6 mos from the date of submission ung possible duration ng kaso (that is kung walang counter affidavit)?

Much thanks :mtc:

The period 4-6 months would cover only the preliminary investigation by the fiscal. That is, this is period for the fiscal to determine whether or not a crime has probably been committed. If he finds ity is so, he will then file the case in court. The case filed in court could take a year (hopefully) or more to resolve. However, this case is covered by summary procedure so the period should be shorter than for ordinary criminal cases. Ganyan talaga pag nagkakaso, matagal din, due in part to the number of cases pending with the courts (it has been estimated that in the Metro Manila area, MTCs on the average have a backlog of 2,000 to 3,000 cases each).

Guest Leviticus
hi computer experts!

how do i fix it?

A little guesswork lang:

I am assuming that you have just recently added your second hard disc. ARe you using a 915 motherboard? you can eliminate the need to "press F1 to continue" by going to your cmos/bios and adjust your settings, most probably your BOOT settings. In addition, just check your advanced settings of your IDE hardware and see if correct ang mga settings (when in doubt, just choose "auto detect")

just post here if this doesn't work. as I said a few guesswork is involved.

:rolleyes:

hi computer experts!

how do i fix it?

try downloading a HDD diagnostics utility para ma check mo integrity ng HDDs mo. Bka kc palyado na.

A little guesswork lang:

I am assuming that you have just recently added your second hard disc. ARe you using a 915 motherboard? you can eliminate the need to "press F1 to continue" by going to your cmos/bios and adjust your settings, most probably your BOOT settings. In addition, just check your advanced settings of your IDE hardware and see if correct ang mga settings (when in doubt, just choose "auto detect")

just post here if this doesn't work. as I said a few guesswork is involved.

:rolleyes:

no sir, i specified it when the PC was being assembled.

that error just popped up recently, about three weeks ago.

my motherboard is an ECS P4M800-M7, LGA775 socket

but i will try what you said sir, thank u :lol:

try downloading a HDD diagnostics utility para ma check mo integrity ng HDDs mo. Bka kc palyado na.

will also try this, thanks :cool:

Guest Leviticus
no sir, i specified it when the PC was being assembled.

that error just popped up recently, about three weeks ago.

my motherboard is an ECS P4M800-M7, LGA775 socket

but i will try what you said sir, thank u :lol:

will also try this, thanks :cool:

Try changing your IDE cable. Either natamaan ng fluctuation yan or nainitan. Medyo may pagkamaselan kasi ng IDE cables.

Also, try switching the IDE cables around between the CD drive and your hard disc. Sometimes it is not advisable if two hard discs are connected by one IDE cable (master-slave).

Hehe... in addition, change your mobo. ECS is not a very good brand :thumbsdownsmiley:

So sorry, I didn't mean anything. We have our own stupid acronyms in the banking industry. I always try to remember that not everyone speaks our language.

no harm done. point taken. ;)

The period 4-6 months would cover only the preliminary investigation by the fiscal. That is, this is period for the fiscal to determine whether or not a crime has probably been committed. If he finds ity is so, he will then file the case in court. The case filed in court could take a year (hopefully) or more to resolve. However, this case is covered by summary procedure so the period should be shorter than for ordinary criminal cases. Ganyan talaga pag nagkakaso, matagal din, due in part to the number of cases pending with the courts (it has been estimated that in the Metro Manila area, MTCs on the average have a backlog of 2,000 to 3,000 cases each).

shucks. ang tagal pala. :cry:

@ zeromike22

What might the file format be?

@ dgr81

well, a lot of laptop has 256mb and winxp sp2 (256 min; 512 above recommended) installed and does not have that kind of problem.

anyway, try to:

1. update your graphics card driver

2. defrag your hard drive

3. increase the virtual memory (control panel-system-advanced-

performance "settings"-advanced-virtual memory "change") to Initial:

512MB and Maximum 768-1024 (depending on your free storage

space).

4. Adjust the visual effects to "best performance" (control panel-system-

advanced-performance "settings"-visual effects).

5. Shutdown virus scanner and firewall and anything that is in the

system tray (these tends to bloat the system) that is not important

before launching media player.

6. Do registry tweak (need to know basis)

thanks for the concern pre.. i've solve my own problem by burning my downloaded file into a cd.....

anybody here using utorrent?? if so how do i configure port settings for this torrent downloader?? just recently na experience ko na red yung status bar niya instead of green... message says "a firewall/router is limititng your network traffic, you need to open up a port so others can open up toy you" what do this mean????

Try changing your IDE cable. Either natamaan ng fluctuation yan or nainitan. Medyo may pagkamaselan kasi ng IDE cables.

Also, try switching the IDE cables around between the CD drive and your hard disc. Sometimes it is not advisable if two hard discs are connected by one IDE cable (master-slave).

Hehe... in addition, change your mobo. ECS is not a very good brand :thumbsdownsmiley:

hehe oo nga e, i think i heard you say that in a different thread ~too late~ :lol:

anyway, checked the BIOS and its on autodetect. will try the cable switch.

so if i have two hard discs, its better to use two cables? primary master and secondary master?

how do i do that set-up?

thanks sir :cool: :mtc:

Guest Leviticus
hehe oo nga e, i think i heard you say that in a different thread ~too late~ :lol:

anyway, checked the BIOS and its on autodetect. will try the cable switch.

so if i have two hard discs, its better to use two cables? primary master and secondary master?

how do i do that set-up?

thanks sir :cool: :mtc:

If you open up your CPU and look at your IDE cable there should be 2 slots... where your primary hard disk is the slot for IDE0, and the other is IDE1 (or IDE1 and IDE2, primary and secondary; it depends on the mobo and how they label it). Do you know how to switch jumpers in your hard disks and CD drive? usually there are pictures in the labels of the hard disk indicating where you should place the jumper.

A good configuration would be:

in primary IDE: primary master (hard disk) and primary slave (CD drive)

secondary IDE: primary master (hard disk)

Just set your second hard disk's jumper to "master" and attach it to the secondary IDE cable

If you open up your CPU and look at your IDE cable there should be 2 slots... where your primary hard disk is the slot for IDE0, and the other is IDE1 (or IDE1 and IDE2, primary and secondary; it depends on the mobo and how they label it). Do you know how to switch jumpers in your hard disks and CD drive? usually there are pictures in the labels of the hard disk indicating where you should place the jumper.

A good configuration would be:

in primary IDE: primary master (hard disk) and primary slave (CD drive)

secondary IDE: primary master (hard disk)

Just set your second hard disk's jumper to "master" and attach it to the secondary IDE cable

thanks sir, will try to do that :cool: :mtc:

anyway, brought the pc to the store yesterday, they disabled the SMART command. (whatever that is)

the error doesn't show anymore but am wondering if disabling it is just curing the symptom, not the cause.

but i will still do the cable switch because the cd drive is acting up.

it just autoruns any cd. it won't browse or explore.

we have extra cd drives at home and we've replaced it three times already

because we're thinking its the drive but it isn't.

same thing happens whatever cd drive we put in. help!

~grrrrrrr~

Murder per Revised Penal Code is killing another person with the concurrence of any of the following circumstances:

1. With treachery, taking advantage of superior strength, with the aid of armed men, or employing means to weaken the defense or of means or persons to insure or afford impunity.

2. In consideration of a price, reward, or promise.

3. By means of inundation, fire, poison, explosion, shipwreck, stranding of a vessel, derailment or assault upon a street car or locomotive, fall of an airship, by means of motor vehicles, or with the use of any other means involving great waste and ruin.

4. On occasion of any of the calamities enumerated in the preceding paragraph, or of an earthquake, eruption of a volcano, destructive cyclone, epidemic or other public calamity.

5. With evident premeditation.

6. With cruelty, by deliberately and inhumanly augmenting the suffering of the victim, or outraging or scoffing at his person or corpse.

Homicide is killing another person without the above attendant circumstances.

just to follow up po... so malamang murder nga yung case ng dad ko?? :unsure: kasi he was shot unarmed and nakatalikod pa kasi tumtakbo na cya palayo.... then alam ko tinamaan na cya nung 2nd shot binaril pa din cya.... also ask ko din kasi yung case sa province pa namin yun, is it possible na malipat yung case dito sa manila?? :unsure:

just to follow up po... so malamang murder nga yung case ng dad ko?? :unsure: kasi he was shot unarmed and nakatalikod pa kasi tumtakbo na cya palayo.... then alam ko tinamaan na cya nung 2nd shot binaril pa din cya.... also ask ko din kasi yung case sa province pa namin yun, is it possible na malipat yung case dito sa manila?? :unsure:

sir, the facts that you gave are inconclusive. hindi pa masasabi kung murder sya o homicide. maybe you can tell us how this started. or how did the incident started.

as to changing the venue, yes you may, just petition it to the SC. and of course, have a valid ground for the petition. example: the subic rape case is now being tried in makati.

mga sir follow up lang po, yung RA 8484 defrauding of creditors. with regards to the unpaid credit card. exam week kasi kaya ndi ako makakausap ng lawyer, probably next week pa ko punta lawyer. medyo naguguluhan lang po ako kasi it can be a criminal case against me. :)

thanks po.

here are the prohibited acts in RA8484

Section 9. Prohibited Acts. — The following acts shall constitute access device fraud and are hereby declared to be unlawful:

(a) producing, using, trafficking in one or more counterfeit access devices;

(B) trafficking in one or more unauthorized access devices or access devices fraudulently applied for;

© using, with intent to defraud, an unauthorized access device;

(d) using an access device fraudulently applied for;

(e) possessing one or more counterfeit access devices or access devices fraudulently applied for;

(f) producing, trafficking in, having control or custody of, or possessing device-making or altering equipment without being in the business or employment, which lawfully deals with the manufacture, issuance, or distribution of such equipment;

(g) inducing, enticing, permitting or in any manner allowing another, for consideration or otherwise to produce, use, traffic in counterfeit access devices, unauthorized access devices or access devices fraudulently applied for;

(h) multiple imprinting on more than one transaction record, sales slip or similar document, thereby making it appear that the device holder has entered into a transaction other than those which said device holder had lawfully contracted for, or submitting, without being an affiliated merchant, an order to collect from the issuer of the access device, such extra sales slip through an affiliated merchant who connives therewith, or, under false pretenses of being an affiliated merchant, present for collection such sales slips, and similar documents;

(i) disclosing any information imprinted on the access device, such as, but not limited to, the account number or name or address of the device holder, without the latter's authority or permission;

(j) obtaining money or anything of value through the use of an access device, with intent to defraud or with intent to gain and fleeing thereafter;

(k) having in one's possession, without authority from the owner of the access device or the access device company, an access device, or any material, such as slips, carbon paper, or any other medium, on which the access device is written, printed, embossed, or otherwise indicated;

(l) writing or causing to be written on sales slips, approval numbers from the issuer of the access device of the fact of approval, where in fact no such approval was given, or where, if given, what is written is deliberately different from the approval actually given;

(m) making any alteration, without the access device holder's authority, of any amount or other information written on the sales slip;

(n) effecting transaction, with one or more access devices issued to another person or persons, to receive payment or any other thing of value;

(o) without the authorization of the issuer of the access device, soliciting a person for the purpose of:

1) offering an access device; or

2) selling information regarding or an application to obtain an access device; or

(p) without the authorization of the credit card system member or its agent, causing or arranging for another person to present to the member or its agent, for payment, one or more evidence or records of transactions made by credit card.

====

please take note that the keyword here is FRAUD. a simple utang or loan or unpaid credit card does not automatically constitute fraud.

but of course, like in par. j, you'd notice na pwede sa utang, pero me element of fraud pa rin na kasama.

so in other words, unless me fraud, hindi ka liable sa RA 8484

Need some help..

Everytime I startup windows theres a common folder that opens ;

coming from C:\Program Files\common

The file inside is VsoVprev.ax

But when I delete it nothing happens..

So I delete the common folder in

C:\Program Files\common..

Then all of a sudden my anti spyware detects sudden registry changes

This was a result of me uninstalling a program called Vso ConvertXToDVD and Blindwrite

Hi to all lawyers in this thread.

Just have a question about my unpaid credit card amounting to P120,000.

I have been unable to pay my monthly amortization for 2 months now. Im just a plain employee at our company. And im really having financial difficulties right now. What remedies is readily available for the bank to collect from me? Can they attached my salary? Will i go to jail? Thanks.

i'm not a lawyer (yet) but with regard to the remedy the bank has, take note that they can avail of this provision:

"SEC. 40, Rule 39 Rules of Court. Order for application of property and income to satisfaction of judgment.—The court may order any property of the judgment obligor, or money due him, not exempt from execution, in the hands of either himself or another person, or of a corporation or other juridical entity, to be applied to the satisfaction of the judgment, subject to any prior rights over such property.

If, upon investigation of his current income and expenses, it appears that the earnings of the judgment obligor for his personal services are more than necessary for the support of his family, the court may order that he pay the judgment in fixed monthly installments, and upon his failure to pay any such installment when due without good excuse, may punish him for indirect contempt."

Perhaps you can use joomla instead. http://www.joomla.org/ Made by the same people who initially developed Mambo, they left and created Mambo to ensure it will stay open source. I put up a test site http://www.readigo.com I can pm you the usr/pass if you want to mess around with the backend. PHP programing is needed if you really want to modify the base scripts. Getting used to the administration area should take about a week or two.