Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

hi lawyers and law students... does anyone have audiobooks of Philippine codes? Civil Code, Revised Penal Code, etc? Where can I find these?

Wala 'atang ganun, what I know of are magic notes which are compilation of lectures of well-known law professors like Dean Aligada or Dean Ortega. But usually these are exclusive notes for Fratmen.

I heard that some enterprising law student was able to record review classes of some law professors, I just dont know if its up for sale.

Dear Sir,

My father left an unpaid credit card, he passed away 8 years ago (died in 1998) previously he had a business sole proprietorship, now some collection agency is asking my mother to coordinate with them regarding the unsettled payment around Php 27,000.00 only, I told them that the family never benefitted from the business. What shall we do (children and my mother)?

The alleged unpaid credit has already prescribed. Probably, the credit card company is just trying to harass you to pressure you to pay. Although, there are still ways to collect, given the small amount of their claim, I highly doubt if they would resort to the actual filing of court action against the estate of your deceased father.

Just the same, if this credit has really been obtained by your deceased father, if your finances permit, you might want to consider discussing with the credit card company for a possible settlement for purposes of having peace of mind.

Wala 'atang ganun, what I know of are magic notes which are compilation of lectures of well-known law professors like Dean Aligada or Dean Ortega. But usually these are exclusive notes for Fratmen.

I heard that some enterprising law student was able to record review classes of some law professors, I just dont know if its up for sale.

hmmmmmmmmm..........

EXCLUSIVELY for fratmen... i doubt it. i have some up notes, ortega, etc.

pm me your email padalhan kita

Need your opinion, compañeros...

A possible medical malpractice case has been brought to my attention. However, I am loathe to step into it as the doctors involved are personally known to me (friends, even!) and I fear that the full medical records won't be disclosed if they find that I am making inquiries.

A friend of mine recently underwent a series of emergency medical procedures at a well-known hospital. A hundred thousand pesos later, she hasn't been "cured" and the family opted to bring her to another hospital in another province hopefully to seek better medical attention and consequently, relief.

I read the medical abstract drawn up and it wasn't as informative as I hoped it would be. In fact, non-MD as I am, i understood it completely on the first reading!

The family wants to bring the full medical records and charts with them on this new confinement and possible surgery, understandably because they want to avoid going through the entire process again of blood extractions and CT scans and fluoroscopy and x-rays again. And again. Including information on the full range of interventions that had been done so proper analysis may be made of why not all of them seemed to work.

But they're running into brick walls.

I tried to talk to the resident in-charge and he was not available for comment -- as he hasn't been for the past several days. Neither have I been successful in seeing any of the doctors on her case.

I don't want to go to court and cast clouds on reputations. Is there a way the hospital may be compelled to surrender the patient's records without having to resort to legal means (e.g., writ of mandamus)? The family is not (YET) interested in pursuing a case... they just want my friend to get better. But with their inability to obtain the records --- that's why I'm getting involved.

Your inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

what i remember in our legal medicine class is that the patient always have the right to information, meaning it includes the right to access his/her records. i do believe that this rule is also embodied in the the ethical standards of doctrors.

since it is not a bar subject, i disposed off my notes after passing the subject (tambak na ako ng papel sa kwarto kasi, hehe).

if you dont want to go to court, probably a demand letter addressed to the hospital will do. maybe yo can ask a doctor about their rules on ethical standards to back your claim. good day

Question lang po, mga magkano i-reready ko kung magfifile ng kaso against "physical damages"? TIA ^_^

maybe you mean physical injuries. depende yan. kung gusto mo makulong, criminal case, just prepapre a complaint affidavit. punta ka sa fiscal. if derecho civil case lang habol mo, meaning recover damages, depende yun sa damages na hinihingi mo. meron kasi filing fees. i think its around 1% of what you are claiming.

of course, kailangan mo ng atty to help you, so get one who will fit to your budget.

and dont forget, kung ka-baranggay mo kakasuhan mo, reklamo ka muna sa baranggay nyo for concilliation/meditation proceedings.

good day.

Edited by jopoc
guys,

tanong ko lang po. what book would you recoomened for oblicon po?

of course what your professor required is what you must get.

but if you want a supplemental book (other than your text book), i suggest that you get the college edition of oblicon by de leon. why? first, because its simple and concise. second, you will have time to read it, thrid, its cheaper, and lastly, OBLICON is easy to understand. especially if you reach higher law school level .

good day.

Edited by jopoc
Are you sure about that error message? Coz usually, it should be 0x800----. This is the first time ive heard of that error message.

Anyways, when will that error message appear? and Is it on a blue or black screen? Or probably a pop-up window? wat Operating System are you using?

LooXee, I copied the exact error message on the screen it appears in on my laptop. i believe the same error message appears on my desktop at my office as well.

thanks for your advice!

post-64252-1153188187.png

Gud am! First time to check this thread. My problem is almost similar to the one above about credit card companies trying to collect from my father who just died last June 22 of this year.

Altho my question is how do I file for a bankruptcy for a sole proprietorship? He has an unfinished project from a private firm and that project is currently stalled by the government.

I am just about to begin finding out about it and i truly hope that u could give me a headstart.

Thanks!

Gud am! First time to check this thread. My problem is almost similar to the one above about credit card companies trying to collect from my father who just died last June 22 of this year.

Altho my question is how do I file for a bankruptcy for a sole proprietorship? He has an unfinished project from a private firm and that project is currently stalled by the government.

I am just about to begin finding out about it and i truly hope that u could give me a headstart.

Thanks!

A sole proprietorship has no legal personality of its own, it basically enables an individual to do business under a registered business name. So technically, if the proprietor was still alive, he would have filed for insolvency. The estate of the deceased will now be answerable for the debts of the sole prop if any, and the unpaid creditors would have to make a claim against the estate. I guess you can't file a bankruptcy here in the same manner as a corporation, so payment of the deceased/sole props' debts will have to be settled from the estate itself.

Need your opinion, compañeros...

A possible medical malpractice case has been brought to my attention. However, I am loathe to step into it as the doctors involved are personally known to me (friends, even!) and I fear that the full medical records won't be disclosed if they find that I am making inquiries.

A friend of mine recently underwent a series of emergency medical procedures at a well-known hospital. A hundred thousand pesos later, she hasn't been "cured" and the family opted to bring her to another hospital in another province hopefully to seek better medical attention and consequently, relief.

I read the medical abstract drawn up and it wasn't as informative as I hoped it would be. In fact, non-MD as I am, i understood it completely on the first reading!

The family wants to bring the full medical records and charts with them on this new confinement and possible surgery, understandably because they want to avoid going through the entire process again of blood extractions and CT scans and fluoroscopy and x-rays again. And again. Including information on the full range of interventions that had been done so proper analysis may be made of why not all of them seemed to work.

But they're running into brick walls.

I tried to talk to the resident in-charge and he was not available for comment -- as he hasn't been for the past several days. Neither have I been successful in seeing any of the doctors on her case.

I don't want to go to court and cast clouds on reputations. Is there a way the hospital may be compelled to surrender the patient's records without having to resort to legal means (e.g., writ of mandamus)? The family is not (YET) interested in pursuing a case... they just want my friend to get better. But with their inability to obtain the records --- that's why I'm getting involved.

Your inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Lyssahot.

I understand your predicament.

I recall that our Firm handled a medical malpractice case before and we had difficulty in obtaining the patient's medical records. Nowadays, doctors are wary of medical malpractice cases such that they would oftentimes band together to protect a fellow doctor, oftentimes, this would include concealment of records.

What we did at that time is to allow the patient's new physician to request for the patient's old medical records from the patient's attending physicians on the pretext that as the new physician, he needs the records for the proper treatment of the patient. I think the attending physicians are duty bound to furnish the new physician with the patient's medical records so that the new physician would be aware of the patient's medical history, specifically the diagnosis and the previous medical treatments and procedures received by the patient.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Hi Shizuka.

Our condolences on the demise of your father.

Regarding your query, I would assume that the sole proprietorship is registered under your father's name. Unlike a duly registered corporation which has an artificial personality conferred by law, a sole proprietorship does not have a separate personality. Thus, your father and his business are treated as one and the same, that is - the contractual obligations of the sole proprietorship are also the contractual obligations of your father, or in this case, since he died already, these become obligations of the estate of your father.

As such, if the sole prop has outstanding obligations, the unpaid creditors may go after the estate of your father. When we say "estate", these would include all real and personal assets of your father when he was still alive. If your father acquired real properties and had maintained bank deposits, these form part of the estate and the unpaid creditors of the sole prop may file a claim against the estate of your deceased father.

I hope this helps.

of course what your professor required is what you must get.

but if you want a supplemental book (other than your text book), i suggest that you get the college edition of oblicon by de leon. why? first, because its simple and concise. second, you will have time to read it, thrid, its cheaper, and lastly, OBLICON is easy to understand. especially if you reach higher law school level .

good day.

PARAS will be our basic reference but i'd rather read something else.

a friend recommends tolentino...what can you say about him?

aside from de leon what else would you recommend?

thanks for the reply dude

maybe you mean physical injuries. depende yan. kung gusto mo makulong, criminal case, just prepapre a complaint affidavit. punta ka sa fiscal. if derecho civil case lang habol mo, meaning recover damages, depende yun sa damages na hinihingi mo. meron kasi filing fees. i think its around 1% of what you are claiming.

of course, kailangan mo ng atty to help you, so get one who will fit to your budget.

and dont forget, kung ka-baranggay mo kakasuhan mo, reklamo ka muna sa baranggay nyo for concilliation/meditation proceedings.

good day.

thanks for the correction,physical injuries nga pala. physical injuries incurred because of a vehicular accident. mahal lang kc ng atty's appearance. ganun po ba talaga procedure? kelangan magbayad per appearance?

TIA again. :thumbsupsmiley:

help po mga bossing, eto lumabas sa screen ko.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

tapos bigla pong namatay ang pc ko.. winxp po gamit ko. kulay blue po yung screen ko. tnx po

Possible Resolutions:

Stop 0x7A can be caused by bad sectors in the virtual memory paging file, disk controller error, virus infection, or memory hardware problems. In extremely rare cases, depleted nonpaged pool resources can cause this error. If the first and third parameters are zero, the stack signature in the kernel stack is missing, an error typically caused by defective hardware. If the I/O status is 0xC0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI disk, check for cabling and termination issues. An I/O status code of 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A indicates that the requested data could not be found. You can try to correct this by restarting the computer. If a problem with disk integrity exists, Autochk, a program that attempts to mark bad disk sectors as defective so that they are not used in the future, starts automatically. If Autochk fails to run, you can manually perform the integrity check yourself by following the instructions to run Chkdsk provided in "Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM" earlier in this appendix.

Another cause of Stop 0x7A messages is defective, malfunctioning, or failed memory hardware, such as memory modules, Level 2 (L2) SRAM cache, or video adapter RAM. If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace it to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the system manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

try mo to:

Download "Memtest" onto another machine. Create the boot floppy and check your Ram memory at bootup. It's possible you have Ram issues. You could also try and "reseat" the Ram.

Check the hardware manufacturer's Web site for updates to disk adapter firmware or drivers that improve compatibility. Verify that your disks and controller support the same set of advanced features, such as higher transfer rates. If necessary, select a slower transfer rate if an update is not yet available. Consult your hardware or device documentation for more information.

Important

You can install disk controller drivers not present on the Windows XP Professional operating system CD by responding to the following prompt shortly after starting Setup:

Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.

Press F6, and when prompted, provide the appropriate storage controller driver (ATA or SCSI) supplied by the manufacturer.

The problem might also be due to cracks, scratched traces, or defective components on the motherboard. If all else fails, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.

Problems that cause Stop 0x7A messages can also cause Stop 0x77 messages. For more information about Stop 0x77 messages, see "Stop 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR" earlier in this list.

HTH

PARAS will be our basic reference but i'd rather read something else.

a friend recommends tolentino...what can you say about him?

aside from de leon what else would you recommend?

thanks for the reply dude

hmm..although tolentino is good, i dont think it is updated.

trust me, you dont need another law book in oblicon. paras (and de leon, if you want) will do.

what is important in oblicon are first, put in heart and mind the provisions. second, read and study the cases (especially the landmark cases), and lastly, learn to apply the principles of oblicon.

but if you really want to have another oblicon law book, try jurado or tolentino.

thanks for the correction,physical injuries nga pala. physical injuries incurred because of a vehicular accident. mahal lang kc ng atty's appearance. ganun po ba talaga procedure? kelangan magbayad per appearance?

TIA again. :thumbsupsmiley:

its up to you to discuss matters with your atty. try contingent fees. meaning, kung successful, share kayo.

are you going for a criminal action or a civil case for damages only? did you try to make any settlement with the pne who cause the injuries?