Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

and whats dual core?..

dual core po ay mga processor na dalawa ang "utak" imbis na isa lang (ordinary)

malapit-lapit siguro ang performance sa actual dual processor setup

pero mas tipid :lol:

kaso dapat yung mga program na nasa PC nakakakilala ng dual-core processors, kung hindi parang ordinary processor lang ang trato nila. example ng nakakakilalang program ay photoshop kaya may advantage tong dual-core sa mga gumagamit nitong program nato :)

Need your advice on this :

We live in a compound which has been subdivided and titled separately. Now, a neighbor living beside the compound is saying that a certain part of his lot has been occupied by one of the subdivided sections. He now wants the WHOLE compound be surveyed to justify his cause. My question is, our section is not affected by his complaint, do we have to subject to his demand ? It is actually our cousin's section that is the subject of the complaint.

another thing, no formal complaint has been raised yet. do you suggest that the case be brought to court, or just the so-called "friendly-neighbor-settlement" ?

thanks !

since you guys are not affected, the property being subdivided already, i dont think your family has anything to do with the demand of the neighbor to have it surveyed. it is your cousin who should be weary of this.

what i dont understand is that you are saying that the neighbor wants the WHOLE compound surveyed while on the otherhand, you are saying that only the part of your cousin is the one he is claiming, how come?

as for the settlements, yes, of course, you can make settlements. civil rights can be settled, as long as it is not contrary to law.

only the lots adjacent to your neighbor's property should be surveyed. you should therefore resist any attempt to have your own property surveyed if it is not in any manner adjacent to your neighbor's land. of course, your cousin may choose to avoid litigation by agreeing with the said neighbor to choose an independent surveyor to determine the metes and bounds of the properties concerned. do not ever allow your neighbor to choose the surveyor by herself.

pahabol...

since you have an onboard video card, YES, it also uses your physical ram. it takes 4MB of your RAM. i do recommend buying a video card for that matter. :)

but then, make sure that you also make adjustments to your pagefile. (see previous post)

Setting a bigger page file helps expand memory a bit, but you have to remember that this is virtual memory. The OS has faster access to the App when it is loaded in RAM, if it runs out of RAM, it loads it in your HD (virtual memory), meaning slower. So yes you might end up with a bigger virtual memory, but your apps will tend to run slower.

A 4MB built-in video card isn't really that huge, so I think your problem lies in programs and services that are setup to be always resident in your RAM. Pay attention to programs that hog your resources since there are a lot of these that do not release the memory after you close or terminate the them. Always check the Processes under Task Manager or Services under Admin Tools. Microsoft has always been very notorious of installing a lot of things by default that a lot of ordinary users will never ever need. Besides being memory hogs, these are also security hazards.

You can also try removing any startup programs that you have in your OS. Lastly, buy a bigger memory chip. They arent that expensive anymore....

well nasa hdd pa rin naman yung file so kung pwede ma set as slave yung harddisk na yun ma recover mo pa rin yung file. (unless ginamitan ng windows encryption, malabo na makuha un).

anyway from the top of my head here's what you could do.

#1.

try to repair windows first

#2.

try to reinstall windows without reformatting your drive.

#3.

if you really can't get windows to work you could do this as a last resort.

you could buy one of those USB-harddrive cases (around 400 bucks), remove the laptop harddrive and put it on the USB case.

plug the USB case on a USB port on a different PC and access it there.

It looks like it is the OS that crashed and not the HD. If the HD crashed... you wouldn't be able to access it even if you attach it as a slave on another PC. Unless you use a 3rd party program that recovers crashed HDs of course... but that's another topic altogether.

I have always been surprised by how a lot of people handle repairing damaged Windows OS installation. Why on earth would you need to reformat the drive? Windows is Windows and the system files and your document files there are stored separately. Windows can be seriously f#&ked up and you will still have your files. Worst comes to worst, you can just easily wipe out the Windows directory and do a fresh install everytime. Unless of course it's a HW problem.

And to reply to #3, why would you need to fix Windows to attach the HD to another PC? It's not like you would need to boot the thing... it just needs to be detected.

mga bossing lawyers, nakakahiya man sa inyo, ulitin ko lang po tanong ko kasi natabunan e hehe

"hi mtc lawyers!

some questions about the extrajudicial settlement among heirs:

*does it have a deadline?

*what is the procedure for accomplishing this? documents that are needed?

*how much does the whole process usually cost?

thanks guys"

tinanong po ni sir bonito kung magkano yung estate nagpost ulit ako sabi ko di ko alam.

pano ba kino-compute yun? pano kung real-estate lang ang estate niya?

salamat po in advance sa mga mababait na abogado dito sa MTC :)

what i dont understand is that you are saying that the neighbor wants the WHOLE compound surveyed while on the otherhand, you are saying that only the part of your cousin is the one he is claiming, how come?

actually, we really don't know why he wants the WHOLE compund be surveyed. what we are thinking is that if he has to survey an area, it should only be my cousin's lot since that is the one adjacent to his lot, and that is the area he claims that occupied his property. but we were surprised when he informed us that it has to be the WHOLE compound that has to be surveyed.

regarding the settlement, if ever reached, does that mean that the title will also be amended ?

thanks for the advice, agentjackbauer and jopoc.

mga bossing lawyers, nakakahiya man sa inyo, ulitin ko lang po tanong ko kasi natabunan e hehe

"hi mtc lawyers!

thanks guys"

tinanong po ni sir bonito kung magkano yung estate nagpost ulit ako sabi ko di ko alam.

pano ba kino-compute yun? pano kung real-estate lang ang estate niya? 

salamat po in advance sa mga mababait na abogado dito sa MTC :)

Section 1, Rule 74 of the 1997 Rules of Court:

Sec. 1. Extrajudicial settlement by agreement between heirs. - If the decedent left no will and no debts and the heirs are all of age, or the minors are represented by their judicial or legal representatives duly authorized for the purpose, the parties may, without securing letters of administration, divide the estate among themselves as they see fit by means of a public instrument filed in the office of the register of deeds, and should they disagree, they may do so in an ordinary action of partition. If there is only one heir, he may adjudicate to himself the entire estate by means of an affidavit filed in the office of the register of deeds. The parties to an extrajudicial settlement, whether by public instrument or by stipulation in a pending action for partition, or the sole heir who adjudicates the entire estate to himself by means of an affidavit shall file, simultaneously with and as a condition precedent to the filing of the public instrument, or stipulation in the action for partition, or of the affidavit in the office of the register of deeds, a bond with the said register of deeds, in an amount equivalent to the value of the personal property involved as certified to under oath by the parties concerned and conditioned upon the payment of any just claim that may be filed under Section 4 of this rule. It shall be presumed that the decedent left no debts if no creditor files a petition for letters of administration within two (2) years after the death of the decedent.

The fact of the extrajudicial settlement or administration shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the manner provided in the next succeeding section; but no extrajudicial settlement shall be binding upon any person who has not participated therein or had no notice thereof.

bossing, patulong naman.

pag nagse-search ako usually ito ang lumalabas sa screen ko....

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://manilatonight.com/index.php?

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for manilatonight.com

The dnsserver returned:

Timeout

This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.

Check if the address is correct.

Your cache administrator is root.

Generated Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:03:58 GMT by cache01 (squid/2.5.STABLE11)

this happens siguro 2 out of 3 tries

nakakaasar na eh...

ano po ba pwede kong gawin dito?

I'm just curious... why would you ever need a dual processor PC at home? Unless you are asking for specs ng server class machine of course...

did you ever try surfing the net or doing word or excel with the media player w/ visualization on, or having to do multi task...with dual core, nde babagal or titirk ang mga apps pag sinabay sabay...lalo na if ur burning disc. it makes for a much cooler processor too.

tried that ona duo core acer laptop, wow is the word! ;)

make me wanna have one too!

Well... the best out there is still Plextor, but you can only buy it outside the Philippines, other than that, you can opt for Pioneer, then Lite-on. :D

But the one at fault is not your dvd burner, its your dvd :D My suggestion is to buy a Divx capable DVD (if you can, buy the Pioneer or any branded Divx capable DVD Players) so you can watch the movie w/o conversion :D Watch more episodes in one disc plus it can reac generic dvd's well :D

I know it could be the media it could be the player also

kasi mura lang ung DVD player ko eh sale pa nga to eh :lol:

It plays DVD's na pirated na nabibili ko sa stores greenhills etc

Pero pag homeburned ung download sa net usually pixelated

Di kaya sa speed ng pag burn?

Kasi my media ranges around 5-10 php each generic :hypocritesmiley:

hi mtc lawyers!

thanks guys :)

As to the deadline:

R.A. 8424 (Tax Reform Act of 1997) SEC. 90. Estate Tax Returns. -

(B) Time for Filing. - For the purpose of determining the estate tax provided for in Section 84 of this Code, the estate tax return required under the preceding Subsection (A) shall be filed within six (6) months from the decedent's death.

otherwise, you'll have to pay interest and penalty charges on the estate tax.

patulong nman po! mron po kc ako 2 pc sa bahay. gusto ko sana iconnect sa pldt mydsl ko. gusto ko rin sana magshare ng mga files... ang tawag ata d2 ay ICS... pero di ko alam kung pano pganahin.. nag search na ko sa internet pero di ko maintinfhan e... kylangan ko ata ng cross cable.. meron na po ako nun pero di ko alam kng pano iconfigure sa pc e... pa2long nman po

patulong nman po! mron po kc ako 2 pc sa bahay. gusto ko sana iconnect sa pldt mydsl ko. gusto ko rin sana magshare ng mga files... ang tawag ata d2 ay ICS... pero di ko alam kung pano pganahin.. nag search na ko sa internet pero di ko maintinfhan e... kylangan ko ata ng cross cable.. meron na po ako nun pero di ko alam kng pano iconfigure sa pc e... pa2long nman po

click start>control panel>network and internet connections>network set up wizard,

then just follow on what it tells you to do...

Edited by roxysnonie
IMHO, a civil case for "collection of sum of money" might be filed by the company against the subscriber. Its nothing serious but might cause inconvenience to both parties. In the worse case scenario, you'll just end up paying a little more than what they are asking about a couple of years later .

Don't worry so much co'z its really doubtful that the company would go all the way to court just to collect a relatively small amount. Litigation in court requires a substantial amount of money, time, and effort which is usually enough to discourage most people. I haven't heard anybody being sued in court for non-payment of phone bills. In most cases they just write it off as a bad debt and the subscriber being noted as having a bad record.

After the harrassing phone calls (demanding that you pay up) you can expect at least 2 more tricks from their sleeves: a demand letter and/or an offer of compromise (like signing a promissory note or a deferred payment scheme). Still, even at this stage, I think you can still afford to ignore their pleas and just go find yourself another company to subscribe with.

same din ba yan sa mga credit cards na hindi na binayaran??

kasi yung isa kong frend, tinawagan daw at baka puntahan daw sa bahay tapos pagkukunin ang mga gamit nya dun.. pwede ba yun??

did you ever try surfing the net or doing word or excel with the media player w/ visualization on, or having to do multi task...with dual core, nde babagal or titirk ang mga  apps pag sinabay sabay...lalo na if ur burning disc. it makes for a much cooler processor too.

tried that ona duo core acer laptop, wow is the word! ;)

make me wanna have one too!

First and foremost, dual core processors and multi-processors are not the same thing. And I will not try to lecture about the difference here because you need to wake your lazy ass up and google them for your own information.

Any guy who has been involved in data center operations will tell you that there are apps that have been designed as server apps, and then there are client or desktop apps. And to maximize the resources of... for example an 8-way processor box, you need an OS that can handle this and you also need the application itself to have the ability to do multi-threading or simultaneous multi-threading. If the apps that you run arent built for this, then you would end up with an expensive piece of machine that doesnt perform that much better than the average desktop. This means that a server class machine that has 8 processors in it doesnt necessarily perform faster word-processing or internet browsing, or even disc burning than you average PC. When you do multi-tasking, it does give a bit of better performance, but if you really check the processor utilization... you still wont be making a dent of the real power unless these apps were really designed to do this kind of s@%t. Now, if you were running Oracle Enterprise and are servicing thousands of complex queries to the database at the same time while parallel processing was turned ON, then you will really see your machine's true potential.

Besides, how often do you do this? But I guess this also goes for the same people who keep bragging about the new 7-megapixel digicam that they have and how it's better than my 3-megapixel one. Upon closer inspection, I see that they never even bother to change the settings to take pictures that are bigger than 1MB. But then again, it's not my money they are spending so who gives a f#&k right?

First and foremost, dual core processors and multi-processors are not the same thing. And I will not try to lecture about the difference here because you need to wake your lazy ass up and google them for your own information.

Any guy who has been involved in data center operations will tell you that there are apps that have been designed as server apps, and then there are client or desktop apps. And to maximize the resources of... for example an 8-way processor box, you need an OS that can handle this and you also need the application itself to have the ability to do multi-threading or simultaneous multi-threading. If the apps that you run arent built for this, then you would end up with an expensive piece of machine that doesnt perform that much better than the average desktop. This means that a server class machine that has 8 processors in it doesnt necessarily perform faster word-processing or internet browsing, or even disc burning than you average PC. When you do multi-tasking, it does give a bit of better performance, but if you really check the processor utilization... you still wont be making a dent of the real power unless these apps were really designed to do this kind of s@%t. Now, if you were running Oracle Enterprise and are servicing thousands of complex queries to the database at the same time while parallel processing was turned ON, then you will really see your machine's true potential.

Besides, how often do you do this? But I guess this also goes for the same people who keep bragging about the new 7-megapixel digicam that they have and how it's better than my 3-megapixel one. Upon closer inspection, I see that they never even bother to change the settings to take pictures that are bigger than 1MB. But then again, it's not my money they are spending so who gives a f#&k right?

i agree with you 100%!

to the non savvy, its just an ante up in the gadgetry world. i dunno that it runs cooler coz the processor isnt utilized much.

7mp cam, tapos for internet blogs n stuff, sayang!

same din ba yan sa mga credit cards na hindi na binayaran??

kasi yung isa kong frend, tinawagan daw at baka puntahan daw sa bahay tapos pagkukunin ang mga gamit nya dun.. pwede ba yun??

yup, same yan. under the constitution, NO ONE SHALL BE IMPRISONED DUE TO DEBT.

utang sa credit is mere utang. nothing more.

tell your friend na pagtawanan nya lang yung sinabi ng nangongolekta sa kanya. unless ME COURT ORDER (which they wont get because legal expenses are expensive), they cannot get the properties of anyone. so kung maliit lang utang (say, less than 100k), hindi na nila kakasuhan yung debtor. kukulitin na lang nila at haharasin.

badly need an expert's opinion kc 3 months since i left my previous employer, I have not received pa din my last pay. Below are the facts:

1. I am a regular employee not a project employee. I have been with my previous company for more than 3 years. When I joined the company, tambak nga ung backlogs e.

2. I gave my 1 month notice of intention to leave the company November 7 of last year. It was duly accepted evidenced by the note on my resignation letter. (I wasn't able to secure a copy. I verbally asked the person in charge of the 201 file to give me a copy, but he refused).

3. During the 1 month period, i turned over all file and docs pertaining to my function as accountant of the company. (I have not finished the Books of Accounts, but the infos, docs and reports needed to be written on the books were already finished. These docs and reports were turned over to the new accountant evidenced by the receiving sheet that i have on my file.) (IF you will check their books din, same cut-off na binigay nila sa kin, di din updated books nila. Actually, even the comptroller is working on her 2004 books pa.)

4. I left the company December 6 of last year. My new employer required me to secure a certification from my previous employer. I have made my verbal request for the issuance of my certification, but the company refused to issue one. (Is their refusal legal?)

5. An employee of my previous company volunteered to finish the books of accounts. (Since it will be an easy job.) You will just copy everything that is on the printed copy. The comptroller refuses for reasons I can't understand. If the objective is to finish the book, why not let that employee do it. It is done to other company's books of account. (Group of companies kc)

6. I have emailed the daughter of the owner requesting for my last pay and she forwarded the request to the comptroller. I received a mail stating that only after issuance of clearance will my last pay be released.

7. My last pay includes conversion of leave credits for years 2003, 2004 & 2005. Salary for the period December 1-16, 2005. (When she told me to compute for my last pay she told me to include my 14th month pay for the year because the owner wanted to give me the amount.)

ISSUES: The comptroller won’t issue the clearance, meaning she won’t process my last pay. Based on the facts presented above, does the company (comptroller) have the legal rights to withhold my final pay? What actions do I need to make in order for me to get the amount the company owes me. Please advise.

Thank you. I’m really looking forward to your insights.

DAGDAG:

pinadalhan niya ako ng sulat noong deceber/january na nagsasabi na binibigyan nya ako ng pagkakataon na tapusin ang pagsulat sa mga libro. Ang mali ko di ko sinagot ang sulat nya. Gusto nya kc na magreport ako for 1 whole week na di naman pwede dahil may bago na akong trabaho.

Wala akong plano na sulatin ung libro. I offered dati na what ever it is na di ko natapos or kelangan pa ng more time for the turn over period, I can come back on Saturdays. But after what she did during my last 2 weeks, no way na.

And ang point ko pa. Utang ng kumpanya sa akin ang amount na hinahabol ko. Leave conversion un. SL and VL. dapt convertible ung VL pagtapos ng taon na applicable cya. lahat ng hindi nagamit. Nagamit na nga nila ung pera na dapat ay nasa akin na e.

Ayan nagiging emotional na ako. PAsensya na po.

Tingin mo, dahil sa ayaw kong sulatin ung libro, dapat ko na ding kalimutan ung perang hinihingi ko sa kanila?

approximately, how much would an annulment cost? would it matter if say, one had a civil wedding vis-a-vis a church wedding?

i am quite aware that cost would vary depending on the lawyer handling the case. vary in the sense that there are lawyers who want to help and there are those who want to make good money out of it. well, if the client is willing to pay, then i guess there's no problem about the costs incurred at all.

going back to my initial question, how much is damage to one's pocket?

thanks.