Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Requiring an employee's voluntary resignation is management's usual action to foreclose employee complaints. There are instances when notwithstanding a "voluntary" resignation employees can still file a case for constructive dismissal. The employee must be able to demonstrate that the "voluntary" dismissal was obtained through threat, stealth, intimidation etc.

Habitual tardiness is a valid ground for dismissal. However, there are procedural requirements before an employee could be leagally dismissed. The two notices rule is one of them.

Please give us more information so we can give a more definitive opinion.

Thanks

Hope you don't mind me joining the discussion...

Is there a written company procedure on how disciplinary action is to be accomplished? If so, was it followed?

I agree with the others that because of the voluntary resignation, the labor case would probably fail - but that does depend on the details.

The only other alternative is an action for damages based on tort (i.e. the fact that she was singled out for habitual tardiness when the other employees weren't.) But this kind of action is expensive and will not necessarily mean that she can get her job back.

The company where my friend is working at has the same problems - nobody is being fired, but pressure is being exerted on employees to resign if they are not popular with management. Sometimes a manager will say to an employee "oh, bakit hindi ka pa nag apply for voluntary retirement".

To all: don't give into that pressure if you don't deserve it.

Requiring an employee's voluntary resignation is management's usual action to foreclose employee complaints. There are instances when notwithstanding a "voluntary" resignation employees can still file a case for constructive dismissal. The employee must be able to demonstrate that the "voluntary" dismissal was obtained through threat, stealth, intimidation etc.

Habitual tardiness is a valid ground for dismissal. However, there are procedural requirements before an employee could be leagally dismissed. The two notices rule is one of them.

Please give us more information so we can give a more definitive opinion.

Thanks

Yung officemate ko ay parati na le-late or ung sabi nga na Habitual tardiness yup its a company rule pero as far as late is concern e dami na le-late at hinde lang sya ang may ganong case yun lang napag-initan sya ng supervisor nya at pinalakad yata sa HRD yung case nya kaya ayun pinag resign sya and sapi pa daw ng HR ay wala syang laban kahit mag reklamo sya dahil nung una ayaw nya talaga mag resign bale hayaan na lang na i-terminate sya. May manager kasi dito na pag nainis sayo ipapalipat ka ng department kahit na malayo sa job description mo, ang nangyayari tuloy pag napipikon nag reresign na lang dahil alam nila na malakas sya...

If ever na mangyari ulit ang ganong case ano ba talaga ang magandang gawin ng isang empleyado?

Thanks po kakaiba & R@ven.  :cool:

1.  so parang bumili na rin cguro ako ng bagong computer. :( mas nakakatipid kaya ako on upgrade than buying a new computer? (my pc is still in excellent condition, i guess video card na lang ang i-upgrade ko)

2. Thanks! may pagasa pa pala ako makalaro ng bagong games. (I'll try Cyberzone in Megamall muna)

Thanks again guys.  :*  :headsetsmiley:

1.) Maybe, it depends on how good you are at finding cheap hardware components. :P

2.) You should also try the Gilmore chain and also the CyberZone in SM West (or North...whatever :P )

You're welcome. :headsetsmiley:

Thanks po kakaiba & R@ven.  :cool:

1.  so parang bumili na rin cguro ako ng bagong computer. :( mas nakakatipid kaya ako on upgrade than buying a new computer? (my pc is still in excellent condition, i guess video card na lang ang i-upgrade ko)

2. Thanks! may pagasa pa pala ako makalaro ng bagong games. (I'll try Cyberzone in Megamall muna)

Thanks again guys.  :*  :headsetsmiley:

ok pa naman pala pc mo e.stick to it. :thumbsupsmiley:

you can upgrade your video card pero don't go for the newest pc games out there.

coz they not only need a better video card, they also need more processing power and other resources. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Mga tol kelangan paba palitan ung motherboard ko if il replace the video card?

4x lang kasi kaya ng board ko luma na pero wanna get new video card

RAM pde siguro at HD pero pde kaya sa old board ko ung mag neew video cards today tuad nung mga AGP 8x?

naku magkakaconfict yan or hindi gagana... kasi mas maganda talaga mas mataas ung mobo mo... tsaga ka nalang sa 4x, pero kung may budget k naman upgrade m n din mobo mo. :headsetsmiley:

Yung officemate ko ay parati na le-late or ung sabi nga na Habitual tardiness yup its a company rule pero as far as late is concern e dami na le-late at hinde lang sya ang may ganong case yun lang napag-initan sya ng supervisor nya at pinalakad yata sa HRD yung case nya kaya ayun pinag resign sya and sapi pa daw ng HR ay wala syang laban kahit mag reklamo sya dahil nung una ayaw nya talaga mag resign bale hayaan na lang na i-terminate sya.  May manager kasi dito na pag nainis sayo ipapalipat ka ng department kahit na malayo sa job description mo, ang nangyayari tuloy pag napipikon nag reresign na lang dahil alam nila na malakas sya...

If ever na mangyari ulit ang ganong case ano ba talaga ang magandang gawin ng isang empleyado?

re: pressure to resign

Do not give in to the pressure. If you voluntarily resign or retire, you will probably also sign a quitclaim/waiver which will bind you unless you can prove coercion. You should let them follow Company Procedure (e.g. investigation by HR + Hearing). If they terminate you, file a labor case for illegal dismissal.

re: transfer to non-related jobs

Under certain circumstances, this can be construed as constructive dismissal. However, it is hard to give you an opinion on this because it depends on the circumstances. Also, if the person transferred is a union officer - this may be unfair labor practice or "union busting".

RAM pde siguro at HD pero pde kaya sa old board ko ung mag neew video cards today tuad nung mga AGP 8x?

gagana yan bro pero hindi mamamaximize yung lakas ng VC mo kaya might as well palit ka na rin ng board.. di ka masasayangan dun'

i dont know if should be posting this here but here goes..

according to the contrat that i signed, my monthly pay is 15000 less tax;

Our company comp*tation for the daily and monthly rate is as as follows:

15000*12 months / 26 bi-weekly's in a year =6923.07

6923.O7/10 (10 day pay period)=692.30

per day we are paid 692.03

s this correct according to labor standards?

Yung officemate ko ay parati na le-late or ung sabi nga na Habitual tardiness yup its a company rule pero as far as late is concern e dami na le-late at hinde lang sya ang may ganong case yun lang napag-initan sya ng supervisor nya at pinalakad yata sa HRD yung case nya kaya ayun pinag resign sya and sapi pa daw ng HR ay wala syang laban kahit mag reklamo sya dahil nung una ayaw nya talaga mag resign bale hayaan na lang na i-terminate sya.  May manager kasi dito na pag nainis sayo ipapalipat ka ng department kahit na malayo sa job description mo, ang nangyayari tuloy pag napipikon nag reresign na lang dahil alam nila na malakas sya...

jaz

jaz wanna add something. hope this would not be too elementary for your officemate. Constructive dismissal, as the term suggests, means that there is really no actual dismissal that takes place but because of the "unbearable conditions of work" (the term used by the Court in one case) you are forced to resign. And forced resignation is not regarded by law as an act of the employee rather it is considered as an act of the employer in terminating the service of the employee, in short, dismissal... in the guise of requiring the employee to execute a letter of voluntary resignation. In other words, the employer will push you to the wall, make your office environment like hell which will leave you no choice but to resign. To prove "unbearable conditions of work" is not as easy as alleging the same. You need to have a lot of evidence to support your allegation of constructive dismissal. To do this, let me simplify. Your friends case would at most fall under the case of constructive dismissal, to support this you need a ground, i.e.,unbearable conditions of work, to prove this you have to prove the facts like discrimination or un pag ppersonal sa employee or verbal threat to terminate his service if he will not resign, to prove the latter you need the affidavit of your officemate, memo, etc. Im not giving you false hope...

re your second question:

Consult your union... ask for help...

Kung wala...eto..

Dont let yourself be in the defensive situation. Unahan na lang yan. Mahirap bumangon sabi nga. Presumptively, employers are always in the more advantage position. di mo kayang lanbanan ng sabayan yan lalo na if you also have flaws. love your work, love your boss, kung konting difference din lang napapagusapan naman. Well, kung talagang sagad na, here's what you do. At first, keep your aces, collect your luck, find the right time and attack them off guard. Don't let them know your plan otherwise uunahan ka nanaman nyan, just like in your case, pinag resign ka agad. ok

i dont know if should be posting this here but here goes..

according to the contrat that i signed, my monthly pay is 15000 less tax;

Our company comp*tation for the daily and monthly rate is as as follows:

15000*12 months / 26 bi-weekly's in a year =6923.07

6923.O7/10 (10 day pay period)=692.30

per day we are paid 692.03

s this correct according to labor standards?

The comp*tation of the daily rate of a salaried employee paid on a monthly rate depends on the stipulations of the employment contract. The difference would lie on the divisor used. If the contract states that the monthly salary includes being paid saturdays and sundays, to include the paid holidays, even if you did nto work, then the divisor would be 365. If the contract does not specify such, then you are only paid for the actual days of work (The Supreme Court decided so in a case involving PAL and PALEA). PALEA successfully argues using 252 days in a year as a divisor in this case (i.e. 365 days less saturdays and sundays, as well as the legal holidays.

In your case, your company uses 260 days as the divisor. If 252 is used, you'd have a daily rate of around 714 pesos.

Not much difference there, i think.

Ah pde naman pala i run sa 4x.

Pero ano mga ok na video card?

Budget ko kasi sa ngayon eh mga 5k lang muna,bili pa kasi board..

ATI daw mabilis uminit?

Whats a good mobo?

there is no recommendaton for your query.

replace your mobo then, buy a better video card.

if you buy a better video card before replacing your mobo, there is a possibility that ur mobo will be rendered useless as also your new video card, eventually. because your mobo can not handle all the data transfer and processing. your system will heat up more than usual. you'll just overburn it. and may also damage some or all your hardware

it's better to save for a good mobo that supports your processor then buy a better video card that your mobo can handle very efficiently.

No. Btw, if your board is based on a VIA chipset, I'd recommend going into your BIOS settings and setting it down to 2x mode (especially on Apollo based boards) since it will cause an occasional crash whenever you're playing 3D games. AGP 8x cards can be used on your board BUT it will only have a transfer speed equal to your AGP port's maximum setting (or current setting). :headsetsmiley:

good morning! I need advice regarding my friend's problem.

actually it started daw sa credit card. deliquent sya so na cut yung card nya and the bank hires a legal office to negotiate with her. Thres's no problem about the payment coz she's willing to settle what's due to her but the problem is she was embarrased and humiliated by the legal staff who talked to her. The guy even shouted at her telling about the delaying tactics she's doing and all the considerations was given to her then kelangan lang daw pala nya is to request for installment basis. she felt harrassed and violated her rights.

What legal action can she file or do regarding this incident?

Tnx.

The comp*tation of the daily rate of a salaried employee paid on a monthly rate depends on the stipulations of the employment contract. The difference would lie on the divisor used. If the contract states that the monthly salary includes being paid saturdays and sundays, to include the paid holidays, even if you did nto work, then the divisor would be 365. If the contract does not specify such, then you are only paid for the actual days of work (The Supreme Court decided so in a case involving PAL and PALEA). PALEA successfully argues using 252 days in a year as a divisor in this case (i.e. 365 days less saturdays and sundays, as well as the legal holidays.

In your case, your company uses 260 days as the divisor. If 252 is used, you'd have a daily rate of around 714 pesos.

Not much difference there, i think.

Siguro kasama sa comp*tation ng company 'yung holidays.

good morning! I need advice regarding my friend's problem.

actually it started daw sa credit card. deliquent sya so na cut yung card nya and the bank hires a legal office to negotiate with her. Thres's no problem about the payment coz she's willing to settle what's due to her but the problem is she was embarrased and humiliated by the legal staff who talked to her. The guy even shouted at her telling about the delaying tactics she's doing and all the considerations was given to her then kelangan lang daw pala nya is to request for installment basis. she felt harrassed and violated her rights.

What legal action can she file or do regarding this incident?

Tnx.

This could be either a criminal case for slander or just a civil case for damages. I can't go into detail right now because my boss is bugging me. I'll try to reply later.

Since we are discussing it nman, could you list songs which have been revived in this format: "Title - by Original Artist. New version rendered by Artist name (IN CAPS) tpos provide feedback through emoticons:

:cool: (if the revival is OK).

Otherwise, post :thumbsdownsmiley:"

There are so many of them but let me start off and get the ball rolling:

Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang - by Ogie Alcasid. FREESTYLE :cool:

Love Moves in Mysterious Ways - Julia Fordham. NINA :cool:

Crazy for You - Madonna. SPONGE COLA :cool:

Your turn, amigos!

:mtc:

Guest Leviticus
I need help...

Naka-disable kasi yung USB ports dito sa office. Can someone help me in enabling it?  :D

Naka-hide kasi sya sa Device Manager.

Im guessing.. kakabitan mo ng flash drive (flash disc?!? hindi naman circle ang shape eh :P)?

Sorry to say but mga IT admin mo lang ang may kaya mag-enable nyan.

There are 3 ways to have your USB port enabled:

1) Ask the IT guys to enable it for you (good luck on this; baka office policy not to enable USB port kasi)

2) Ask them the ADMIN password so you can configure it yourself

3) Kaibiganin mo ang mga IT guys so that they will gladly enable your USB port.

If its disabled via BIOS settings and password-protected yung BIOS, kailangan mo nga kaibiganin mga IT guys sa office niyo just like Leviticus said.

Kapag hindi and di lang nakakabit yung cables sa MOBO (minsan kasi nakakalimutan yun lalo na sa mga compatibles) then you can do it yourself. You just need the motherboard manual and figure out the connections.

Pero kung luma ung mobo

Ok lang kaya na kabitan ko ng bagong DDR Ram with faster speed

Kasi DDR padin gamit ko now pero ung lumang klase ung mga 200 lang ata speed or what. Forgot na.

Di ba to overheat kung RAM lang palitan?

So regarding Video cards,kelangan pa talaga ng bagong board?

Sigh ano ba ok na board ngyn? Intel gamit ko eh..

Mga a year or more na tong board na to

Edited by kUrTsKY
I need help...

Naka-disable kasi yung USB ports dito sa office. Can someone help me in enabling it?  :D

Naka-hide kasi sya sa Device Manager.

teka, san ba location nung USB Ports mo?

sa front or back panel?

kung sa front, malamang di lang nakakabit ung cable sa mobo.

that's a good thing kc pwede i-request sa maintenance ikabit un. :thumbsupsmiley:

kung sa likod, malamang naka-disable un sa bios setting.

now, that's a very bad thing. USB access is prohibited in your office. :thumbsdownsmiley:

*howlers

Pero kung luma ung mobo

Ok lang kaya na kabitan ko ng bagong DDR Ram with faster speed

Kasi DDR padin gamit ko now pero ung lumang klase ung mga 200 lang ata speed or what. Forgot na.

Di ba to overheat kung RAM lang palitan?

So regarding Video cards,kelangan pa talaga ng bagong board?

Sigh ano ba ok na board ngyn? Intel gamit ko eh..

Mga a year or more na tong board  na to

ok lang na kabitan mo ng new RAM.di mag-iinit un.

pero di pwede ung mas mabilis unless supported ng mobo mo.

u have to change ur mobo if u really need a better video card.

n oother choice unless u can find a card that is better than ur existing one that only supports AGP 4x, that i doubt.

another option is try to find a good card that is PCI based.