Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

our company uses windows 2000 and my profile seems to have been affected by the recent upgrade of the system.

i can't load my roaming profile. the tech staff who checked out my pc said a reformat may be required.

couldn't they just delete my existing and then make a new profile for me?

opinions will be appreciated.

thanks a heaps.

:mtc:

ask ur it guy to check the access permission to your server (kung asan yung roaming profile). verify using ur accnt not using the admin's.

yes, they can delete or specify another location of your roaming profile.

need help....having problem with iexplore.exe

whenever i go to check my mail in mail.yahoo.com, the iexplore process shoots up!

some sites causes iexplore to use up all my CPU time.

killing the iexplore will make the system process eats CPU time.

i have scanned for spyware and no virus activity at all. no unrecognized process running as well.

i'm running xp prof with sp1.

any ideas on how to figure this one out?

please...don't tell me to use netscape or other browsers.

ask ur it guy to check the access permission to your server (kung asan yung roaming profile). verify using ur accnt not using the admin's.

yes, they can delete or specify another location of your roaming profile.

they tried that already to no avail. reformat na lang talaga.

kainis!

thanks matsusu!

:mtc:

need help....having problem with iexplore.exe

whenever i go to check my mail in mail.yahoo.com, the iexplore process shoots up!

some sites causes iexplore to use up all my CPU time.

killing the iexplore will make the system process eats CPU time.

i have scanned for spyware and no virus activity at all. no unrecognized process running as well.

i'm running xp prof with sp1.

any ideas on how to figure this one out?

please...don't tell me to use netscape or other browsers.

clear cache, clear cookies..

hehehehehe..

better yet.. use Firefox or Opera..

IE is POS

:D :D :D

I have a question, my g.f bought a usb flash disk, eh wala pala usb port yung p.c nya.. pwede ba ikabit sa ps/2 mouse port via converted usb to ps/2 mouse port? dalawa daw kasi yung mouse port nya or buy nalang ng usb pci card?

much better buy a USB PCI card... its cheap naman.. 500Php..

Another question here also, I'm using an HP notebook with an Intel Pentium (M) Centrino proscessor at 1400 MHZ. How come windows xp views it as only 585 Mhz?

I cant run my Star Wars Kotor !! :(

thats what you call speedstep technology..

your processor speed adopts to the current power

that you are feeding it...

Use Spybot Search and Destroy. Much better than adaware.

or if u are sick of viruses, buy a Mac. or my Apple iBook running on OS X. hehhee

better yet.. if your sick with viruses..

then don't open-up your computer to the world!!

a secure computer is a powered down one..

hehehehe.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I'm worried to lose my job if push comes to shove. Is there any way for me to avoid this? I've heard of such proceedings which can be resolved within months... Is this a fact??? And someone mentioned to me once that you don't need to be physically present during the trials. :unsure:

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I'm worried to lose my job if push comes to shove. Is there any way for me to avoid this? I've heard of such proceedings which can be resolved within months... Is this a fact??? And someone mentioned to me once that you don't need to be physically present during the trials. :unsure:

If your talking about annulment proceedings, it will take at least a year depending on which court the case will be filed.

About your appearance during trial, you should appear at least once when your testimony is taken in court.

If there will be a collusion hearing wherein the fiscal will conduct an investigation if there is collusion between you and your wife on the filing of the annulment case, then you should also appear for that hearing. This is true only if your wife will not actively participate in the proceedings of the case.

Thanks Coychee. But what if my wife sues me for having an affair or abandonment? Surely I would be summoned to appear in court. Mine is quite complicated because she keeps on existing that I had an affair... My only counter is that she was here with me when the so called affair happened.

ahhhh when i boot up 2 folders open up automatically. Wala naman sa startup. How do I take this out? Do I have to do that regedit thingy? :grr:

:evil:

assuming you're running XP, do msconfig and go to start-up tab and uncheck those annoying programs and reboot.

Thanks Coychee. But what if my wife sues me for having an affair or abandonment? Surely I would be summoned to appear in court. Mine is quite complicated because she keeps on existing that I had an affair... My only counter is that she was here with me when the so called affair happened.

For having an affair, your wife may file a criminal case against you for concubinage. The ways of committing concubinage are: a) by keeping a mistress in he conjugal dwelling 2) by having sex under scandalous circumstances with a woman who is not your wife. If you believe you committed this things then your wife has a meritorious case against you. However, no matter if the case filed against you is meritorious or not, you still have to refute the charges filed by your wife, meaning you have to appear before the investigation fiscal and submit your countervailing evidence.

For abandonment, as far as i know, there is no criminal liability for abandoning your wife. At most, your wife can file a case for legal separation on the ground of abandonment. In this case, you may or may not actively participate in the proceedings of the case.

Edited by coychee
just a curious: what is the legal age for a female to have sex with a man over 18 y.o.? is 17 considered legal?or she has to be at least 18?

there is no actually legal age for a female to have sex with a man, however if the woman is under 12 years old, even if it is voluntary or with consent, it is still considered as statutory rape.

if the woman is over 12 years old but below 18 years old, then it may be considered as seduction, however, the act of having sex with her should be committed by means of deceit to be criminally liable.

Edited by coychee
hi guys i just wanna ask what software can i use for video editing and converting 3gp files to mpeg or avi. i wanna know too what software and video format is the best for converting analog movies to digital. thanks

theres a program called 3gp to raw avi converter you can search for it on the web... once you've converted your 3gp file to raw avi you can use virtualdub to convert it to whatever format you want... you can also download virtual dub on the net...

To be able to convert analog video to digital you will need a video capture card on your pc... or if you have a firewire port you can get an analog to digital converter however this costs around 16K but this is definitely the better alternative this method turns your analog video to dv format videos which is the standard format for modern day videocams.