Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Thanks. Actually, I had secured a certification from the law school I was teaching in and will attach the same to the letter. How long would it take for them to respond kaya or do I have to go there personally na lang to facilitate the process?

Ten year of continuous teaching in law school is required to be exempted from MCLE. A friend of mine had cumulative teaching experience of more than ten year but took a leave for a year had to to take MCLE in full.

Actually, it is no longer exemption that I am after, merely the crediting of my teaching units to the MCLE. I sent our messenger today to check out how I could credit the units I had for teaching in a law school. :)

But I know I will have to take up some more units to complete my MCLE. :(

Thanks anyway.

>last year i have an asus motherboard ,after i replace my 40 gb hd to 80 gb hd,wow it was nightware went back and ford 2 shop,it cost me a fortune replace,etc.finally it was d asus board,it was expensive i thought have 2 quality but after 1 year,mmmm.

cant read d os,after i replace it,well good,but my cost went as high as p12t,if i know i should h buy a new computer

Pa welcome party natin mga bagong abugado.. welcome to the turbulent paradise of the legal profession... hehehehe...

Does any of you here had an experience of island hopping in Calamina group of islands?... sana kung may mag pa facilitate pwede tayo pumunta dun.. for lawyers summer relaxation... I have a friend there who can help us find a place.. a boat and even bring us to Calauit and Club PAradise....sino ba ang may gusto?...

Butsoy

Calamian Group of Islands consist of mayor Islands of Coron, Busuanga, Culion in Northern Palawan.... Malapit na sa Manila... can be reached by Super Ferry papunta ng Coron.. on Thursday sched.. dating umaga ng Friday.. start kaagad ng gala... then to Culion, then Busuanga.. Calauit, Club Paradise,, and be back may be monday or thursday by Sea Air...

last time we spent around 15 thousand pesos for the entire trip food inclusive...

Butsoy

hello everyone, i have a problem with my emails.

my computer was newly re-formatted with XP, at first i can access my emails but after a few days an error occurs (The page cannot be displayed). Now i can sign-in with yahoo mails but i cannot access the inbox or bulk mail. Both folders are not yet full. Cookies are enabled and i tried setting the security and privacy setting in low but still the error occurs. Same problem with my hotmail account. Hope you could help me, thanks

any labor lawyers here, I have some issues, like we're not allowed taking brakes(lunch, cofee breaks), 10 vls and sl, sick leaves not convertible to cash if you don't use it, non complete clause (you can't join a same line of bussiness with in 1 year) and those on the contract that we've signed. can that be void?

any labor lawyers here, I have some issues, like we're not allowed taking brakes(lunch, cofee breaks), 10 vls and sl, sick leaves not convertible to cash if you don't use it, non complete clause (you can't join a same line of bussiness with in 1 year) and those on the contract that we've signed. can that be void?

To answer your questions, I'm afraid that there may not be much good news, .

1) The law requires that an employer gives their employees a one hour break (there are cases when this can be shortened to 30 minutes) for meals but the law did not prescribe when these breaks can be scheduled. Some Employers have taken advantage of this particular loophole to prescribe meal breaks at the end or start of an 8 hour shift, which, in effect does not eat into the working hours (pardon the pun :blush: ). Coffee breaks are not mandated by the Law although in some regulations it provides for 15 minute breaks, but it does provide that rest periods of short duration shall be counted as hours worked. Thus, coffee breaks are actually considered but not expressly stated in the Code.

2) VLs and SLs are not also mandatory under the Labor Code and these are only given at the discression of Management or by reason of a Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Labor Code only allows for "5 day incentive leaves for every year of service" and as such, convertion of the same to cash is also not mandated by the Labor Code. The only time when it becomes part of the coverage of the Labor Code is when such leaves have been given to employees for such a long time that it constitutes as part of the benefits of the employees, in which case the employer is not allowed to take it away at its discretion.

3) Non-compete clauses are not really valid although I have yet to see a company that actually sued anybody for the violation of thise kind of contract. I know there are those who would say that these are void, but it may give the employer reason to hassle you, even if they may lose the case in any event.

Sorry. :(

I think that's how it goes chill... you have to get a church annulment as well...

I don't remember his first name anymore, but Fr. Dacanay in Ateneo is a canon lawyer and handles Church annulment cases.

If you wanna start over and get married in both cases, ya gotta do both types of annulment.

Hello MTC people... hope you can help me with this... :unsure:

1. I am trying to load XP Professional on one of my computers. As XP Professional copies Setup files to the HDD, it always stops at the driver.cab file. with this message... "set up cannot copy driver.cab".

i have installed it succesfully with similar comp. but it doesnt work on this one... sa installation ba sa CD ang problema or sa PC mismo? or is it me? :cry: :lol:

2. I have two 256MB Kingston SDRAM... I think it has a problem bcoz pc keeps on restarting... i inspected it and it seems no problem with it... looks brand new... tanong ko ay may paraan pa ba maayos 'to... i heard someone buying memory cards basta hindi lang sunog... so that means they can do something abt. it... sayang naman baka may remedyo pa.. kasi mahigit 9k pag bumili ako ng bago.. (similar brand)

Thanks so much mga pare, Happy Easter in advance... enjoy the vacation! :cool: :P

:mtc:

1. I am trying to load XP Professional on one of my computers. As XP Professional copies Setup files to the HDD, it always stops at the driver.cab file. with this message... "set up cannot copy driver.cab".

i have installed it succesfully with similar comp. but it doesnt work on this one... sa installation ba sa CD ang problema or sa PC mismo? or is it me? :cry: :lol:

2. I have two 256MB Kingston SDRAM... I think it has a problem bcoz pc keeps on restarting... i inspected it and it seems no problem with it... looks brand new... tanong ko ay may paraan pa ba maayos 'to... i heard someone buying memory cards basta hindi lang sunog... so that means they can do something abt. it... sayang naman baka may remedyo pa.. kasi mahigit 9k pag bumili ako ng bago.. (similar brand)

Thanks so much mga pare, Happy Easter in advance... enjoy the vacation! :cool: :P

1. it just means what it says....'cannot copy driver.cab' :D :lol:

baka madumi lang CD or CD drive mo. u can also try over the network.

2. sori, haven't met anyone who actually buys them.

pero anlaki naman nung 9k..mas mura na ata yan ngayon.

my computer was newly re-formatted with XP, at first i can access my emails but after a few days an error occurs (The page cannot be displayed). Now i can sign-in with yahoo mails but i cannot access the inbox or bulk mail. Both folders are not yet full. Cookies are enabled and i tried setting the security and privacy setting in low but still the error occurs. Same problem with my hotmail account. Hope you could help me, thanks

my suggestion is to try installing a diff browser like opera, firefox etc.

2 make sure dat d problem is not w/ ur browser.

Hello MTC people... hope you can help me with this...  :unsure:

1. I am trying to load XP Professional on one of my computers.  As XP Professional copies Setup files to the HDD, it always stops at the driver.cab file.  with this message... "set up cannot copy driver.cab".

i have installed it succesfully with similar comp. but it doesnt work on this one... sa installation ba sa CD ang problema or sa PC mismo? or is it me?  :cry:  :lol:

Thanks so much mga pare, Happy Easter in advance... enjoy the vacation! :cool:  :P

i had that problem before also. palibhasa pirated, just cleaned the cd, voila, wla ng problem, but watch out for the part whre they ask about bypass install of media player 9 so youll have system restore, thats a toughie na kailangan abangan...

mura na rin kingston ngayon, dont gamble with repaired memory cards...unless may track record for repais ang person who do this.

Edited by roxysnonie

Its either the CD Drive cant read the cd or the HDD have bad sector, try using the CD drive that you've successfully installed just to confirm wether the HDD or the CD drive is faulty.

check your isp if you need to configure you proxy settings.

That was quick huh! Salamat po! :cool:

umbertoeklat:

Thanks! tried to clean the CD but ganun pa rin... 9k yung dalawa na yun... 4.7k daw isa... at mag oorder pa sila nun.. so matagal pa.. (Cyberzone in Megamall)

roxysnonie

yup pirated nga yun CD :blush: mahirap na makakita ng orig ngayon. :lol: mas practical pa.. but we have to suffer the consequences pag nasira agad. I had actually installed the OS pero di ako makainstall ng sound card... hinihingi pa XP CD... coz incomplete nga ang installation..

thanks for the tip sa memory... bili na lang ako ng bago..

-=extreme=-

thanks for the tip! Ok try ko bro... maybe CD Drive mismo may problema... pag di pa rin gumana sa ibang pc... bili na lang ko ng bagong cd....

But can we sue the company for violating the contract that they provided, like after so and so months they will give an appraisal 10% increase so and so. And what if they sue us for the violation of the non complete clause... will it prosper or will the opposing party suffer Civil or even Criminal???

buti napaguusapan dito tungkol sa hardware, particular ako sa AMD/athlon XP series..., tanong lang ako

May nabili kasi ako last year, athlon XP 2000, yung board MSI 746F Ultra SIS, 256 DDRAM 333MHZ (PQI brand). problema, up to now, nag rereset paminsan minsan, ilang beses na din sinoli, pinalitan, (board, processor, memory, video card) ganun pa din problema.

Tanong, may incompatibilities ba yung hardware na nabili ko? problematic ba talaga yung board?

buti napaguusapan dito tungkol sa hardware, particular ako sa AMD/athlon XP series..., tanong lang ako

May nabili kasi ako last year, athlon XP 2000, yung board MSI 746F Ultra SIS, 256 DDRAM 333MHZ (PQI brand). problema, up to now, nag rereset paminsan minsan, ilang beses na din sinoli, pinalitan, (board, processor, memory, video card) ganun pa din problema.

Tanong, may incompatibilities ba yung hardware na nabili ko? problematic ba talaga yung board?

In what scenarios do you experience na nagrerestart ang PC mo? dami factors pgnagrerestart ang PC. Sa nakita ko palang ay hindi maganda ang chipset ng board mo (SIS). I really hate SIS chipsets. its really a headache

In what scenarios do you experience na nagrerestart ang PC mo? dami factors pgnagrerestart ang PC. Sa nakita ko palang ay hindi maganda ang chipset ng board mo (SIS). I really hate SIS chipsets. its really a headache

dre, walang pattern, basta na lang nag-rerestart (sa internet, sa microsoft word, minsan run lang ako java programs na madalas ko naman nirurun)... meaning, kahit anong time puwedeng magrestart..., kung memory naman, dapat blue screen ang lalabas, sa akin restart, minsan pa nga blackout pa (walang nadidisplay, kelangan pang i jump yung motherboard: reset), para bumalik sa normal.... Sa motherboard kaya ito, ano ba inherent problems ng SIS boards? kung processor, ala naman, may thermal monitor yung athlon XP, normal yung temperature, kahit hindi ko i-on yung XP cooling nya, tapos maganda naman yung fan nito (TTAKE volcano 7+).. wala talaga ako idea kung bakit nagrerestart, panic na ako dahil mawawala na warranty nito by last week of April!!!,