Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

correct correct. even a 16MB video card can display clear and crisp pictures(if im not mistaken a 16MB can go 800x600 with 16M colors on 2D).

it must be the source... hhmm maki send me the pictures and lemme check kung clear and crisp ng sya. ;)

True even 16MB can view the 8.0 megapixel picture, but will just preview it very slow unlike you have the 32 or 64MB video memory. Just make sure the picture you're viewing is in high detail usually the size will range from 800KB and above the larger the size, the better the quality. in (.jpg).

chunky, this is just a separate but not dissenting opinion. Oks lang naman.

Actually, I'm tempted to state that the facts given is insufficient to form a more responsive answer. Next best thing is to make some assumptions.

For Marckus:

I will make several assumptions which are:

1. your dad died intestate

2. his estate comprised solely of one real property

3. real property is the family home

Based on the above and your earlier set of facts, possible legal implications are:

1. transfer of property to your mom alone, excluding the other heirs could mean possible sale prior to death of your dad - a usual mode of tax avoidance. This is open to many questions like was it transfer in contemplation of death, were the other heirs denied their legitime.

2. Granting there are no problems in the ownership of your Mom, transfer to your sister by way of sale poses the same questions as in No. 1. However, your mom can still skirt capital gains tax if she can certify that she will use the proceeds of the sale for the purchase or construction of another family dwelling within 18 months of the first disposition.

3. If the fair market value (or zonal value) is around P 2.3 million the effective estate and capital gains tax rates are about the same at 6%. Over the amount sale would be more efficient tax wise.

Bros. chunky n jackl...ur comments n suggestions r really well taken.

Actually, the property is worth at least P10Million. We are still discussing the implications of the sale--the pros and cons. My concern is that my sister is also asking that I execute a waiver that i have no objection on the sale of the property by my Mom to her since she will be responsible in paying the annual property taxes. How much sales tax would be collected in this case--where the amount of sale shall also be P10million?

I am inclined to agree to her suggestion (if only to skirt the capital gains tax) provided any income on the property whether it is rented or sold in the future would be shared by both of us equally. Do u think I am on the right track here?

THANKS LOADS!!!!! Mabuhay kau!!

one more...

sa opis pag nag-restart ako ng pc, nawawala ako sa network ano kaya problem dun, naga-auto log naman sa network yung pc. ang os is win 98

check ur ip settings kung automatic ip address configuration ang settings mo. kung naka-auto yan ang problem ay ang dhcp server or ang gateway kaya ndi ka makita sa network. medyo limited ang details ng problem mo coz maraming cause ng nawawala sa network.

Paneros,

A question from a delinquent lawyer. :blush: I heard daw that if you are teaching in a law school, you can get exempted from the MCLE. At the very least, you could credit your units in school to your MCLE. How does this process work?

I have been teaching a variety of subject in Law School since 1998 and I would like to know if I can get exempted or at least credit my teaching load for the MCLE.

Thanks!

question lang mga bro:

got an xp running pc and i set my documents so no other users can view it. i removed the hard drive and brought it with me to the US. here, i tried using a USB enclosure and connected the hard drive to my laptop. when i browsed on my own files i can access everything except my own files. it say's "access denied". i cannot even copy the same to my laptop HD.

any suggestions on how i may open my files? :unsure:

transformer, try to create a 2nd partition on your hard drive and transfer all your documents there so when you have to reformat again you won't loose them.

You can reroute the link and transfer the files of My Documents folder to the 2nd partition by going to the shortcut properties and specifying the TARGET folder.

With my XP running, can i make a partition on my hard drive and not lose my data?

Would it require a third-party software?

annulment is the sugar coated word para sa divorce... para lang hindi galit church B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) masyado nang bugbog yung art. 36 na yan eh..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just a little trivia:

declaration of nullity based on psychological incapacity (art 36) is actually rooted from the canon law on church annulment. in fact, in case of doubt as to its application, the rulings of the catholic annulment courts can be have some persuasive effects on our civil courts.

yun lang po,,, :upside:

Are you getting an annulment??? If so, that's sad. :(

PEACE!!! :D

sometimes though, its better to be sad for a while than be misserable for a lifetime.

it is always worthy to work out all marriages, but there are times when letting go is the better option to take.

having said that, i am not saying allowing divorce in the philippines is the solution. the current legal framework can serve enough to protect those whose hearts have been bleeding by reason of their existing marriage.

question lang mga bro:

got an xp running pc and i set my documents so no other users can view it. i removed the hard drive and brought it with me to the US. here, i tried using a USB enclosure and connected the hard drive to my laptop. when i browsed on my own files i can access everything except my own files. it say's "access denied". i cannot even copy the same to my laptop HD.

Chunky,

You could have a problem. If your PC hard drive was your C: internal drive and not an external drive. What is you original userid on your PC when you created this data? What is the userid you are signing on to the laptop? Did you make sure you are signed on as the same userid? Are you running WinXP on both machines?

question lang mga bro:

as i understand, the win xp os recognizes the sum of its parts as a whole, so when you took out the hard drive, it will not recognize its new host(your laptop). same as when you reboot without the printer plugged in...

it wouldve been better if you had saved your files on cdrw's!

post-53-1079731543.gif

Chunky,

You could have a problem. If your PC hard drive was your C: internal drive and not an external drive. What is you original userid on your PC when you created this data? What is the userid you are signing on to the laptop? Did you make sure you are signed on as the same userid? Are you running WinXP on both machines?

yes, it was my internal drive C. i am using the same user ID in my PC and laptop but still it cannot access my documents in the PC hard drive. both systems are XPs.

roxysnonie

as i understand, the win xp os recognizes the sum of its parts as a whole, so when you took out the hard drive, it will not recognize its new host(your laptop).

i know the documents are still stored there but the problem is how to access them.

question lang mga bro:

i think your files were either been encrypted or it was saved under my documents folder. In that case you won't be able to open/edit it.

Solutions:

1. you try to boot it from your previous installed operating system so you will be able to retrive your files.

2. if you have a running server u need to make a recovery agent account and save it in your active directory domain or you can create a certificate to reset your encrypted files.

--patriart

With my XP running, can i make a partition on my hard drive and not lose my data?

Would it require a third-party software?

Yes, you can make a partition using XP's disk management. You will not loose data as long as you don't delete or format the partition containing your data. The first step is to defragment your hard drive and create a system restore point.

To access this is to go to control panel-administrative tools-computer management-storage-disk management and right clicking on the hard drive you want to create a new partition and follow the instructions carefully. Sometimes this create partition is not available (I've not have the chance to analyse it yet).

You can also use a third party application such as Powerquest Partition Magic 8.0 and above (I use this software more often than XP's own partitioning software).