Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

dre, walang pattern, basta na lang nag-rerestart (sa internet, sa microsoft word, minsan run lang ako java programs na madalas ko naman nirurun)... meaning, kahit anong time puwedeng magrestart..., kung memory naman, dapat blue screen ang lalabas, sa akin restart, minsan pa nga blackout pa (walang nadidisplay, kelangan pang i jump yung motherboard: reset), para bumalik sa normal.... Sa motherboard kaya ito, ano ba inherent problems ng SIS boards? kung processor, ala naman, may thermal monitor yung athlon XP, normal yung temperature, kahit hindi ko i-on yung XP cooling nya, tapos maganda naman yung fan nito (TTAKE volcano 7+).. wala talaga ako idea kung bakit nagrerestart, panic na ako dahil mawawala na warranty nito by last week of April!!!,

Have you checked yung temp settings mo? Baka nag o-overheat na yung CPU mo?

Silverchariot sir,

Here are some try-its.

1. Try to back-up all your data and switch off XP?s automatic restart: press [Windows] + [Pause/Break] to open the System Properties and go to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck the box marked "Automatically Restart" and click OK. Now when your system crashes you?ll get a STOP error ? make a note of the error itself and any files it mentions and search the web.

2. Update all drivers including BIOS

3. Increase the cpu core voltage to 1.7 (don't shut-off your cooler)

4. PSU might not be enough, at least 350W.

5. CPU shutdown temp is might set in lower temp than it should be.

Silverchariot sir,

Here are some try-its.

1. Try to back-up all your data and switch off XP?s automatic restart: press [Windows] + [Pause/Break] to open the System Properties and go to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck the box marked "Automatically Restart" and click OK. Now when your system crashes you?ll get a STOP error ? make a note of the error itself and any files it mentions and search the web.

2. Update all drivers including BIOS

3. Increase the cpu core voltage to 1.7 (don't shut-off your cooler)

4. PSU might not be enough, at least 350W.

5. CPU shutdown temp is might set in lower temp than it should be.

sir Deus..

1. Already tried this.., still no effect, no errors being prompted.., diretso restart...

I've hint na CPU initiated yung restart (bypass lahat), pero assumptions p din

2. Cge, i'll try to update the latest BIOS for the board

3. sir Deus, what's the purpose of increasing the volatage to 1.7?

4. current power - supply is 350 W, GF2 display card (probably no high consumption device installed in the pc)

5. ok...., pero there are cases na nagrerestart during bootime?

thanks

its a toshiba pcx5000 cable modem with wireless router.

thanks, bro...

:)

QUOTE (patriart @ Mar 29 2004, 04:58 AM)

kindly give me the brand and model of your router. ill try to give you a link. 

its a toshiba pcx5000 cable modem with wireless router.

thanks, bro...

:)

But can we sue the company for violating the contract that they provided, like after so and so months they will give an appraisal 10% increase so and so. And what if they sue us for the violation of the non complete clause... will it prosper or will the opposing party suffer Civil or even Criminal???

This is more a question of the chicken and the egg thing. If you want to nullify a contract that prevents you from joining a competing firm, you don't normally invoke the same contract that gives you certain benefits. Doing so may backfire on you because you normally "can't have your cake and eat it too'. You could have filed for a breach of the contract but make sure on what the terms of the 10% increase are. You mentioned an appraisal, which could be the loophole they have. They can claim that according to their appraisal, you did not merit the increase, which would be solely on their discretion. Unless you can prove otherwise (which tends to be difficult considering they have all the documents), usually, these increases are very hard to secure unless it is a guaranteed clause.

point 2:

CPU might not be getting enough juice from the PSU.

Or you can lower your cpu speed

As you've said - board, processor, memory, video card was replaced. The PSU was not. Primarily I suspect that this is the one that is giving the trouble. Not all 350W PSU can supply 350W of juice. Second, the bios settings might not be correct for the peripherals attached or may not support the RAM (a bios update will solve this). Third are the drivers of some attached peripherals as these problems frequently reboots the system (I have an IR device which does not work well with XP even if the driver is for XP but was not digitally signed by XP).

Last, if you've already tried this and nothing works, damn the shop which sold you these junks.

another point:

As you said that you have to reset the motherboard bios - reseting the bios is necessary if the advance bios settings is not correct such as the cpu parameters and memory parameters, specially in cases of overclocking. Have you considered having bought an overclocked processor?

I wanted to know about a non complete clause (that the employee can't apply with the same line of bussiness for one year) is that legal? can we challenge that??? I can't work for one whole year of the career that I strived for??? can you help me with this??? or this is an HR question?

another point:

As you said that you have to reset the motherboard bios - reseting the bios is necessary if the advance bios settings is not correct such as the cpu parameters and memory parameters, specially in cases of overclocking. Have you considered having bought an overclocked processor?

sir Deus, eto yung matagal ko ng pinagtataka..., sineset yung FSB ng motherboard (BIOS) to 133 MHZ, kasi sabi nung technician sa binilhan ko (PC-EXPRESS), lahat daw ng CPU (particularly AMD-ATHLON), requirement is 133 MHZ, kaso yung MSI, kailangan manually set to 133

sir Deus, eto yung matagal ko ng pinagtataka..., sineset yung FSB ng motherboard (BIOS) to 133 MHZ, kasi sabi nung technician sa binilhan ko (PC-EXPRESS), lahat daw ng CPU (particularly AMD-ATHLON), requirement is 133 MHZ, kaso yung MSI, kailangan manually set to 133

yes dapat mo iset manually ang multiplier s bios. most of the cases na nagrerestart ang pc ay ang SIS chipset. Same thing happened to my friend's CPU, he used to have a ASUS board (forgot the model) and after he configured the bios manually it was already stable as he related it to me.

hi, good day

i had a problem. my wife and i like to start a computer business near the house of my wifes father. we settled an agreement on the place and agreed to pay the rent for the shop for 1 month advance and 1 month deposit. to ensure the possiblity of getting the shop, my wife pays the owner including the materials needed in repairing the shop. the problem is we had already agreed to open the computer shop this week and seems not to be on schedule. halos wla pang pagbabago sa nakita namin last week and the worst thing is, we cannot get a business permit and other papers kse wala palang building permit yung owner of the shop. we are trying to get things right sana pero this owner seems to get mad at us and said "ayaw ko ng minamandohan". me and my wife talk about this and i told her to tell him that if not going to make it on the day it is should be scheduled, mas maganda na lang na kuhain namin yung money that we pay to the owner. please help, how can we settled this thing without having an argument. whats the best thing to do. help us

I wanted to know about a non complete clause (that the employee can't apply with the same line of bussiness for one year) is that legal? can we challenge that??? I can't work for one whole year of the career that I strived for??? can you help me with this??? or this is an HR question?

The question is essentially a labor issue. Generally, there are those who advocate that these kinds of agreements or clauses are not valid clauses and as such, may be disregarded. In fact, most of the times employers do not even pursue such clause simply because there is a likely chance it will not even prosper. There is however, that chance that they can pursue it even if the chances are not good simply out of spite or to make an example. This will result in costs and inconvinience on your part.

You can always challenge the clause but it would only mark you as a "trouble maker" and single you out as a prospective test case for them. It might be better to just try and amicably settle the issue. If they don't want you and they don't want you, why not waive the non-compete clause.

The question is essentially a labor issue. Generally, there are those who advocate that these kinds of agreements or clauses are not valid clauses and as such, may be disregarded. In fact, most of the times employers do not even pursue such clause simply because there is a likely chance it will not even prosper. There is however, that chance that they can pursue it even if the chances are not good simply out of spite or to make an example. This will result in costs and inconvinience on your part.

You can always challenge the clause but it would only mark you as a "trouble maker" and single you out as a prospective test case for them. It might be better to just try and amicably settle the issue. If they don't want you and they don't want you, why not waive the non-compete clause.

alo panyeros.

my prob is mali ung middle name ko per my NSO birth certificate. may old old copy ako na galing city hall na nahalukay ko sa aming baul, tama nman lang aman. my guess is nde naipadala ng manila city hall sa NSO ung corrected birth certificate ko.

what to do? step-by-step if not much bother, including the required documents and ballpark figure ng estimated damage.

thanks in advance.

:mtc:

hi, good day

i had a problem. my wife and i like to start a computer business near the house of my wifes father. we settled an agreement on the place and agreed to pay the rent for the shop for 1 month advance and 1 month deposit. to ensure the possiblity of getting the shop, my wife pays the owner including the materials needed in repairing the shop. the problem is we had already agreed to open the computer shop this week and seems not to be on schedule. halos wla pang pagbabago sa nakita namin last week and the worst thing is, we cannot get a business permit and other papers kse wala palang building permit yung owner of the shop. we are trying to get things right sana pero this owner seems to get mad at us and said "ayaw ko ng minamandohan". me and my wife talk about this and i told her to tell him that if not going to make it on the day it is should be scheduled, mas maganda na lang na kuhain namin yung money that we pay to the owner. please help, how can we settled this thing without having an argument. whats the best thing to do. help us

Your problem is mispresentation and fraud. You legally make claim all the money advance to the owner of the building. Since he mispresented that he had a building permit (is that for the whole building or just for your shop, I am assuming it is for the former).

If it is for the shop and you are just a lessee, then there is still fraud. Your basis for the refund is that if the owner disclosed that he had no permit, then you would not have entered into the contract.

Claiming the refund is another process altogether.

Akin may problem pc ko, I have an Athlon xp 2.8 GHz w 1GHz PC 400 DDR RAM, 120 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HD, w/a 128MB Geforce 4 DDR Video Card, running on a dual boot system with Win XP as primary boot and Win 98 as secondary boot. Ang problem ko pag nag-operate ako ng 3D programs like 3D Studio Max at mga 3D games na based on open GL, nasisira ang graphics niya......more than just garbled graphics, minsan nagkaka streaks na puti pa siya. Ang ibang programs ko e pagkainstall e minsan nag-eerror na insufficient memory e 1 gig na ang gamit ko. Wala naman siyang virus ayos naman palagi ang registry at malinis lagi to. Mapa XP o 98 pareho ang problem pero pag nasa desktop lang ako o kaya simple programs and internet surfing okay naman siya. Video Card na kaya ang problem?

Akin may problem pc ko, I have an Athlon xp 2.8 GHz w 1GHz PC 400 DDR RAM, 120 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HD, w/a 128MB Geforce 4 DDR Video Card, running on a dual boot system with Win XP as primary boot and Win 98 as secondary boot. Ang problem ko pag nag-operate ako ng 3D programs like 3D Studio Max at mga 3D games na based on open GL, nasisira ang graphics niya......more than just garbled graphics, minsan nagkaka streaks na puti pa siya. Ang ibang programs ko e pagkainstall e minsan nag-eerror na insufficient memory e 1 gig na ang gamit ko. Wala naman siyang virus ayos naman palagi ang registry at malinis lagi to. Mapa XP o 98 pareho ang problem pero pag nasa desktop lang ako o kaya simple programs and internet surfing okay naman siya. Video Card na kaya ang problem?

Probably ang problem mo ay ang video card mo. Lalo na pag ang video card mo ay Inno3D. I had alot of friends using Inno3Ds video card different kinds of Nvidia chipset which has a problem from games to graphics. Try to borrow a video card from any of your friend and check it the performance.

gluck!

By the way guys, Do you know if there is still some MCLE courses that is being offered in Arellano Law or other schools in Manila or Makati? I still have some units to complete but the courses I have seen are either in Pasig or QC.

Thanks.

I saw Robles Law firm offering MCLE

yes, patriart is right by manually setting the FSB to 133 (266) with a multiplier of 12.5, that will give you a 1.66 GB CPU external frequency (Athlon XP 2000+). Not all XPs are a 133(266), these are core "A". For core "B" it is 166(333) as for XP2600+.

Does this solved your problems?