Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Hello there mga guru's,

Im planning to change my old computer and assemble a new one..

Can you suggest which one are the good mobo, and cpu to buy..also the video cards

that is best for graphics software.

I basically use my computer in doing autocad and MS Office works...

Any suggestions is highly appreciated..

Thanks

CPU: AMD Athlon XP3000+ (any with Barton core)

Mobo: ASUS A7V600-X or A7N8X-X (any that supports 400-600MHz FSB)

Graphic Board: ATI Radeon 9600SE Atlantis 128-256MB, Leadtek Winfast A310/A360 TD 256MB (any radeon/nvidia card with 128-bit color procs.)

Hello there mga guru's,

Im planning to change my old computer and assemble a new one..

Can you suggest which one are the good mobo, and cpu to buy..also the video cards

that is best for graphics software.

I basically use my computer in doing autocad and MS Office works...

Any suggestions is highly appreciated..

Thanks

actually this is my next project pc... but you can check out the specs!

processor-AMD Athlon 2500 XP+ Barton(i heard most amd's from 2500 up will all be Bartons na daw...)

mobo-MSI K7NDELTA-L nforce2/dual ddr/l/s

ram memory-2x256mb DDR 333

hdd-seagate/maxtor 80gb 7200 133(instead of a sata hdd)

vdo card- his excalibur ati 9200 128mb ddr(or his excalibur ati 9600 256mb ddr)

cd rom-lite on

cdrw-lite on

1.44 fdd-sony

monitor-17" samsung 753s syncmaster(no glares!)

chassis fans-two coreless high speed fans

so what do you thinks guys?

i also saw a barebone pc being assembled, cute yet packs a power punch! sana may amd na barebone here, sayang yung extra 5k eh... :rolleyes: :P

post-20-1078344929.gif

Edited by roxysnonie
i read in the ati website that they released some mobo's with ati chip sets, what do you guys think of this?

the news was released sometime november, do they have it here already?

yep meron n... pang pentium sya,yung gigabyte meron n ginawa n mobo. yung performance nya almost comparable s Radeon 9100 pero masmabagal p dito.

actually this is my next project pc... but you can check out the specs!

processor-AMD Athlon 2500 XP+ Barton(i heard most amd's from 2500 up will all be Bartons na daw...)

mobo-MSI K7NDELTA-L nforce2/dual ddr/l/s

ram memory-2x256mb DDR 333

hdd-seagate 80gb sata

vdo card- his excalibur ati 9200 128mb ddr(or his excalibur ati 9600 256mb ddr)

cd rom-lite on

cdrw-lite on

1.44 fdd-sony

monitor-17" samsung 753s syncmaster(no glares!)

chassis fans-two coreless high speed fans

so what do you thinks guys?

Sir Roxysnonie, caution on using 1 SATA HD.

I have experimented with 1 WD120GB SATA. During start-up, the SATA driver must be loaded before the system can load the OS.

The problem is that the scandisk program is frequently executed even if you

have a normal/safe shutdown. Remember that these programs are in the SATA HDD. After several start-ups and scandisks, the SATA driver will not load and you will see the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH requiring you to restart the PC again.

You restart again and again until you go crazy (I tried to upgrade the

bios and sata driver but still no effect). To fix this is only to reinstall your OS which means reformating your HD again (you will not be given a choice to overwrite the previous installation). You can try the FIX option during OS reinstallation but it wont do you no good since the SATA HD can not be accessed. Fed up, I bought a 40GB ATA133 HD, installed the OS and my problem's gone. My SATA is now a back-up HD with all my programs and working files (except the OS) installed. I have not yet tried experimenting on 2 SATA HD (Raid 0 or 1 configuration) without an IDE HD (I will when funds are available) and have a little experience in SCSI HDs so I don't know if it also has this booting problem.

For now, SATA HDs performance is slightly higher or almost insignificant compared

to the ATA133 (JBOD config?). Maybe in RAID 0 or 0,1 configuration will there be a

significant comparison between the two (I have not yet found any articles about RAID comparison between SATA and ATA133).

Sir Roxysnonie, caution on using 1 SATA HD.

I have experimented with 1 WD120GB SATA. During start-up, the SATA driver must be loaded before the system can load the OS.

The problem is that the scandisk program is frequently executed even if you

have a normal/safe shutdown. Remember that these programs are in the SATA HDD. After several start-ups and scandisks, the SATA driver will not load and you will see the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH requiring you to restart the PC again.

You restart again and again until you go crazy (I tried to upgrade the

bios and sata driver but still no effect). To fix this is only to reinstall your OS which means reformating your HD again (you will not be given a choice to overwrite the previous installation). You can try the FIX option during OS reinstallation but it wont do you no good since the SATA HD can not be accessed. Fed up, I bought a 40GB ATA133 HD, installed the OS and my problem's gone. My SATA is now a back-up HD with all my programs and working files (except the OS) installed. I have not yet tried experimenting on 2 SATA HD (Raid 0 or 1 configuration) without an IDE HD (I will when funds are available) and have a little experience in SCSI HDs so I don't know if it also has this booting problem.

For now, SATA HDs performance is slightly higher or almost insignificant compared

to the ATA133 (JBOD config?). Maybe in RAID 0 or 0,1 configuration will there be a

significant comparison between the two (I have not yet found any articles about RAID comparison between SATA and ATA133).

deus-thanks for the input! it's vry much appreciated. somebody told me that satas are really not your usuall hdd's...it is not a user friendly hdd unless you really know what it's real use for.

post-20-1078683837.gif