Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

If it only has problems with secure webpages, it may either be some form of malware or a corrupted file that is used for handling online encryption and the like. Since it is the same with both IE and Firefox, we could safely assume that the problem itself is either with the ISP or the underlying communication protocols on your machine. :headsetsmiley:  Unfortunately, there is still insufficient data to ascertain what the problem is.  :blink:  If it's the last, there may be no other solution but to format your computer since it means your OS just tripped and damaged itself.  :P

All is fine now.. Ijust got back home and i only checked my pc now and its all normal..

Pag on ko ng pc the modem for my broadband blinked and nawala ung (ppoe/act light) for a while tapos pag balik my net is all working..

I still dont know what happened though.. But one things for sure, its ISP related..

Wala naman before it got busted yesterday I was just downloading torrents and I left my pc afk;

Pag balik ko and surfed biglang di na gumana ung browsing for certain sites..And whats werid was ung mga sites na ayaw mag load eh random, minsan nagloload minsan hinde..

Anyway, I hope this happenes again as its really frustrating and dont know the solution if ever it does..

:)

tanong lang po

ano po difference ng DVD-R sa DVD+R ?

and useful ba ang DVD writer na may Dual Layer?

kasi not all drives can read this diba and mga dvd players di rin ata..

DVD Recorders: The Difference Between DVD-R and DVD+R?

The Functional Differences

According to the claims of the DVD Alliance, using a DVD+R/+RW recorder will let you do the following:

1. Instantly eject without having to wait for finalized formatting.

2. Ability to record one DVD disc partially on PC and partially on television.

3. Background formatting: while the disc is being formatted, you can simultaneously record on already-formatted portions of the same disc.

4. Enhanced ability to edit filenames, movie and song titles, and playlists.

5. 100% compatibility with all other DVD players, while still enjoying these extra recording features.

DVD+R media is for audio-video recording that can be played by all commercial video player. DVD-R is for anything but some commercial video player may not recognize this type of media. If data for PC, any DVD media type will do.

Dual Layer was made to counter piracy. it can hold 2X the capacity of a standard DVD. Its just like having 2 layers to burn data into. It still costly to buy (P350.00) for a single DVD-DL whilst you can get the same capacity with 2 standard DVDs for the cost of P20.00 each.

There appears to be no physical, and little functional, difference between the DVD-R/-RW discs and the DVD+R/+RW discs. The DVD-R ("dash” R) and -RW media are officially approved by the group called DVD Forum, and the DVD+R ("plus” R) and +RW are not. The DVD+R/+RW media are supported by the DVD+RW Alliance.

The main difference seems to lie in the DVDs' built-in defects management, the way they can be formatted and, of course, their price.

Did you know?

The private format known as DVD-Slim is not approved by the DVD Forum. The format is not in compliance with any approved DVD formats.

Confusing World of DVD Media

Definition: DVD - started as Digital Video Disc, now means Digital Versatile Disc

DVD media can hold up to 13 times the information of a standard CD, on one side! A DVD looks just like a CD. It is 120mm in diameter, and 1.2mm (comprised of two polycarbonate substrates, 0.6mm each) in thickness. It can be single or double sided. Furthermore, each side may contain a second layer to increase the disc's storage capacity.

Common DVD storage capacities are:

4.7GB (single sided/single layer)

9.4GB (double sided/1 layer)

8.5GB (single sided/dual layer)

17.1GB (double sided/dual layer)

Did you know?

A dual layer DVD can provide up to 4 hours of the highest quality audio and video on a single side of the disc.

Perhaps you would like to produce and burn your own videos, and be able to play them in most set-top DVD players. Therefore, before head out you buy a DVD recorder, ask yourself two questions:

1) What level of compatibility are you looking for?

2) What will be the best format of recordable DVD media to make that happen? The first question is usually easy to answer - you want a media format that can be read by another computer or will play in a majority of set-top DVD players.

The answer to the second question can be rather confusing.

There are two main types of recordable DVDs but their similar naming and near identical features cause a fair deal of confusion.

any brands the you guys suggest? i know lite-on is kinda good..

want replace my old cdr with a dvdr soon but since im on a budget ;

i would just buy generic blank dvdr discs, wont that reduce the quality of the dvd writer?

dapat ba ung branded blank discs lang which are quite more expensive than the generic ones?

and, i guess its better to go dual layer although i dont think most dvd players support it yet..

bad thing is my dvd player doesnt support xvid or divx

i just plan to encode the VCDs/DVD's to MPEG and burn em straight to a DVD

:D

Edited by kUrTsKY
DVD+R media is for audio-video recording that can be played by all commercial video player.  DVD-R is for anything but some commercial video player may not recognize this type of media. If data for PC, any DVD media type will do. 

Dual Layer was made to counter piracy.  it can hold 2X the capacity of a standard DVD.  Its just like having 2 layers to burn data into.  It still costly to buy (P350.00) for a single DVD-DL whilst you can get the same capacity with 2 standard DVDs for the cost of P20.00 each.

i see..

but im sure there would be cheap generic DL DVDr's out there that would costs a little more than the single layered ones.. problem with dual layer is it would take too long to burn

There appears to be no physical, and little functional, difference between the DVD-R/-RW discs and the DVD+R/+RW discs. The DVD-R ("dash” R) and -RW media are officially approved by the group called DVD Forum, and the DVD+R ("plus” R) and +RW are not. The DVD+R/+RW media are supported by the DVD+RW Alliance.

The main difference seems to lie in the DVDs' built-in defects management, the way they can be formatted and, of course, their price.

Did you know?

The private format known as DVD-Slim is not approved by the DVD Forum. The format is not in compliance with any approved DVD formats.

Confusing World of DVD Media

Definition: DVD - started as Digital Video Disc, now means Digital Versatile Disc

DVD media can hold up to 13 times the information of a standard CD, on one side! A DVD looks just like a CD. It is 120mm in diameter, and 1.2mm (comprised of two polycarbonate substrates, 0.6mm each) in thickness. It can be single or double sided. Furthermore, each side may contain a second layer to increase the disc's storage capacity.

Common DVD storage capacities are:

4.7GB (single sided/single layer)

9.4GB (double sided/1 layer)

8.5GB (single sided/dual layer)

17.1GB (double sided/dual layer)

Did you know?

A dual layer DVD can provide up to 4 hours of the highest quality audio and video on a single side of the disc.

Perhaps you would like to produce and burn your own videos, and be able to play them in most set-top DVD players. Therefore, before head out you buy a DVD recorder, ask yourself two questions:

1) What level of compatibility are you looking for?

2) What will be the best format of recordable DVD media to make that happen? The first question is usually easy to answer - you want a media format that can be read by another computer or will play in a majority of set-top DVD players.

The answer to the second question can be rather confusing.

There are two main types of recordable DVDs but their similar naming and near identical features cause a fair deal of confusion.

intresting

when i thought 8.5 Gig was the max storage a DVD could have thinking that its dual layer..

but i havent seen any double sided/dual layer 17.1 GB DVDr's yet and i dont think there are any DVD burners that could burn or DVD rom drives that could read such discs..

perhaps we should all wait till the DL dVDs go down in price..

it kinda confusing if you think of it right? :D

also,

im still thinkin about it

1.) price

2.) compatibility ( i would want a recorder that would be useful in the days,months and years to come..

perhaps a DL capable drive is good. because DL is already becoming quite popular nowadays although media is still quite expensive..problem is wether media I burn on DVDr's (DL or not) would play on my DVD player..

Unless I would spend extra cash to get a new set top DVD player ) B)

Edited by kUrTsKY
i see..

but im sure there would be cheap generic DL DVDr's out there that would costs a little more than the single layered ones.. problem with dual layer is it would take too long to burn

sa ngayon, wala pa ako nakikitang generic na DVD-DL. I go for HP (P20 at CDR King Greenhills). Burner, Lite-on ok na. at least yung 1693S model with 2 bezel, dual layer capable na to. :thumbsupsmiley:

I've not tried burning into a DVD-DL but sa standard DVD my katagalan yung pag burn. I use only 6X speed.

sa ngayon, wala pa ako nakikitang generic na DVD-DL.  I go for HP (P20 at CDR King Greenhills).  Burner, Lite-on ok na. at least yung 1693S model with 2 bezel, dual layer capable na to.    :thumbsupsmiley:

I've not tried burning into a DVD-DL but sa standard DVD my katagalan yung pag burn.  I use only 6X speed.

diba pag DVDr 16x ung max speed?

would it take like almos same speed as CDR?

just curious lang coz i read somewhere on the net an average 4Gig DVDr single layer movie would take about 10-15 minutes ot burn

and does the speed ofo the PC processor speed up the burning process?

intresting

when i thought 8.5 Gig was the max storage a DVD could have thinking that its dual layer..

but i havent seen any double sided/dual layer 17.1 GB DVDr's yet and i dont think there are any DVD burners that could burn or DVD rom drives that could read such discs..

perhaps we should all wait till the DL dVDs go down in price..

it kinda confusing if you think of it right?  :D

also,

im still thinkin about it

1.) price

2.) compatibility ( i would want a recorder that would be useful in the days,months and years to come..

perhaps a DL capable drive is good. because DL is already becoming quite popular nowadays although media is still quite expensive..problem is wether media I burn on DVDr's (DL or not) would play on my DVD player..

Unless I would spend extra cash to get a new set top DVD player )  B)

DUAL-LAYER DVDS with 17.1 GB capacity hasn't landed in the Philippines yet or should I say, it's not yet commonly used among DVD users since a lot of DVD players here doesn't support that type of DVD discs and the burner ??? It's still rare here... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by Silvertide

Wow!

I here na..

Well, anyway may malaki akong maitutulong sa lahat na may problema all about computers here and there. It maybe an Intel, AMD or Laptops... name it and you have it. I have ~ i have ~ I have... I may provide services too like deliveries at your doorstep.

Just PM me for further info about me and my small business.

Hope i here you soon.

Thanks...

i see.. but pag dating niyan for sure even when DVD DL media becomes the common used format of backup, for sure CDRs would be a thing of the past..

17 Gig; imagine a game with that much data,

if you buy that would be about 10 or more CDs LOL!

Yeah. CDs will be a thing in the past but there's a lot of problem with DVD burners though, mas prone sila sa mga errors at mas madali silang magkaka-error usually yung mga DVD burner drives na binebenta dito sa atin... :thumbsdownsmiley:

diba pag DVDr 16x ung max speed?

would  it take like almos same speed as CDR?

just curious lang coz i read somewhere on the net an average 4Gig DVDr single layer movie would take about 10-15 minutes ot burn

and does the speed ofo the PC processor speed up the burning process?

mga 12mins yata pag nag bburn ako ng 2hrs Movie from hard hard disk. Yung Disc na ginagamit ko 8X yung max. I don't know if may connection yung Processor sa speed. Ang alam ko yung amount ng data transfer at yung bilis ng recording ang basehan ng speed.

Ito yung specs ng burner ko. Lite-on SOHW 1693s DVD+/-R DL

DVD+/-R = 16X

DVD+/-R DL = 4X

DVD+RW = 8X

DVD-RW = 6X

CD-R = 48X

CD-RW = 24X

mga 12mins yata pag nag bburn ako ng 2hrs Movie from hard hard disk.  Yung Disc na ginagamit ko 8X yung max.  I don't know if may connection yung Processor sa speed.  Ang alam ko yung amount ng data transfer at yung bilis ng recording ang basehan ng speed.

Ito yung specs ng burner ko.  Lite-on SOHW 1693s DVD+/-R DL

DVD+/-R = 16X

DVD+/-R DL = 4X

DVD+RW = 8X

DVD-RW = 6X

CD-R = 48X

CD-RW = 24X

havent you tried 16X DVDr's?

just cuiorus kasi baka pag 16X DVD gamit mga 5 minutes lang ang isang 2 hour movie..

siguro ang tagal mag burn ng DL, naiisip ko lang at pwede kayang 2 movies in 1 DL DVDr? hehe :D

magkano pala bili mo?

im gonna canvas tommorow

Edited by kUrTsKY

By the way, I've got a LITE ON combo drive. CD-RW/DVD but after a few months of usage, some of my DVD discs which I burnt from my office since I don't have a DVD burner, the LITE ON seems having problems reading it now though they were burnt perfectly without any errors using NERO. They were all datas then now they can't be read and usually hangs up. All I've done was to uninstall and reinstall the LITEON combo then it reads those discs again but then for some reason the next few days, it doesn't read those DVDs again. Darn!

By the way, I've got a LITE ON combo drive. CD-RW/DVD but after a few months of usage, some of my DVD discs which I burnt from my office since I don't have a DVD burner, the LITE ON seems having problems reading it now though they were burnt perfectly without any errors using NERO. They were all datas then now they can't be read and usually hangs up. All I've done was to uninstall and reinstall the LITEON combo then it reads those discs again but then for some reason the next few days, it doesn't read those DVDs again.  Darn!

you mean dvd drives arent really the dependable but im sure depends on the brand lang

havent you tried 16X DVDr's?

just cuiorus kasi baka pag 16X DVD gamit mga 5 minutes lang ang isang 2 hour movie..

siguro ang tagal mag burn ng DL, naiisip ko lang at pwede kayang 2 movies in 1 DL DVDr? hehe :D

magkano pala bili mo?

im gonna canvas tommorow

There are no 16x speed DVD+-Rs in the local market. The fastest offered is 12x, branded pa yan. Most likely, 8x lang ang mahahanap mo. As for generic DVDs, better to save your money and go for the mid-range "premium". Generic DVDR costs around P8. Out of the 20 i bought, 5 dun badburn, may error. Yung "premium" ng CDR-King costs around P12 pero ok naman, no errors in writing and nababasa ng Xbox ko.

There are no 16x speed DVD+-Rs in the local market. The fastest offered is 12x, branded pa yan. Most likely, 8x lang ang mahahanap mo. As for generic DVDs, better to save your money and go for the mid-range "premium". Generic DVDR costs around P8. Out of the 20 i bought, 5 dun badburn, may error. Yung "premium" ng CDR-King costs around P12 pero ok naman, no errors in writing and nababasa ng Xbox ko.

ic pero sa 8x mukhang mabilis naman eh so siguro di pa mamamaximize ng mga DVDR's ngayon ung 16x na speed