Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

guys..tulong naman :)

me nabili ako external usb hard disk drive sa pcx last aug, 2005 pa, ang problema, sa ibang computer gumagana, sa iba hindi, malas, sa isang pc ko gumagana, sa isa hindi.

Yung specs nung pc (hindi gumagana usb drive) ay:

Athlon xp 2000+, 512 MB memory, MSI -746f ultra mother-board w/ built in 6 USB 2.0 ports, running in Windows xp service pack 2. Search ko na sa internet pero no effect; upgrade ng bios, tweaking sa bios parameters, last resort ko na nga, bumili na din ako ng USB card, still ganun pa din problema.

Ang nangyayari lagi ay nadedetect sya sa una..pero pag tumatagal, hindi nya madetect, error :"Source file not found".

Motherboard issue kaya ito (compatibility issue)?????

me nabili ako external usb hard disk drive sa pcx last aug, 2005 pa, ang problema, sa ibang computer gumagana, sa iba hindi, malas, sa isang pc ko gumagana, sa isa hindi.

Athlon xp 2000+, 512 MB memory, MSI -746f ultra mother-board w/ built in 6 USB 2.0 ports, running in Windows xp service pack 2.  Search ko na sa internet pero no effect; upgrade ng bios, tweaking sa bios parameters, last resort ko na nga, bumili na din ako ng USB card, still ganun pa din problema. 

Ang nangyayari lagi ay nadedetect sya sa una..pero pag tumatagal, hindi nya madetect, error  :"Source file not found".

I think your problem is more on a problem with your existing Windows XP installation. Try reinstalling your XP. :headsetsmiley:

if not, your mobo's usb is the problem :D

already tried several times (re-installation)...ganun pa din ang error :(...

bumili na din ako ng usb pci card (via), still, ganun pa din error ... pero nagtataka ako, sa ibang usb devices gumagana (web cam, mp3 players, digicam, etc...), problematic lang dun sa external hard drive na usb...... , pinaka - last resort ko na is to change na yung enclosure ng usb drive, ang tanong...ano yung magandang brand na compatible sa lahat ng pc's? at saan ko mabibili?

already tried several times (re-installation)...ganun pa din ang error :(...

bumili na din ako ng usb pci card (via), still, ganun pa din error ... pero nagtataka ako, sa ibang usb devices gumagana (web cam, mp3 players, digicam, etc...), problematic lang dun sa external hard drive na usb...... , pinaka - last resort ko na is to change na yung enclosure ng usb drive, ang tanong...ano yung magandang brand na compatible sa lahat ng pc's? at saan ko mabibili?

Since, you've tried re-installing, have you tried plugging it on another computer? If it's problematic there, it may be that your external HD's the cause for your problem. Actually, the enclosure is just a sort of tranceiver that takes input from the HD's IDE port and convert it for the USB. It just may be damaged in your case. (Some cases are extremely easy to damage...based on a friend's personal experience... :P ) :headsetsmiley:

Since, you've tried re-installing, have you tried plugging it on another computer? If it's problematic there, it may be that your external HD's the cause for your problem. Actually, the enclosure is just a sort of tranceiver that takes input from the HD's IDE port and convert it for the USB. It just may be damaged in your case. (Some cases are extremely easy to damage...based on a friend's personal experience... :P )  :headsetsmiley:

yup, i also tried in other pc and it's working fine (using usb 1.1 and usb 2.0)..... yung nga pinagtataka ko eh.. ba't sa iba gumagana...dun sa pc ko ayaw... wala akong makitang magandang sagot via google search :D, kaya nagbakasakali ako dito may na-experienced din ganung problema

yup, i also tried in other pc and it's working fine (using usb 1.1 and usb 2.0)..... yung nga pinagtataka ko eh.. ba't sa iba gumagana...dun sa pc ko ayaw... wala akong makitang magandang sagot via google search :D, kaya nagbakasakali ako dito may na-experienced din ganung problema

pwede din n mahina ang voltage na sinusupply ng USB port mo s external HD mo. yun kasi ibang devices na pinag-try mo eh mahina lng ang required na voltage unlike sa HD. kung may saksakan ng external power supply yung case mo and you have an adapter n 4.5~5 V ang output, you can try that also. just be careful sa polarity nya ok. had the same problem before s laptop ko when i was using a USB hub. sguro its a different case than mine but it never hurts to try. :) B)

I hope somebody can help with this.

I have a Canon MiniDV and I want to transfer my video records to disc.

How can I transfer my DV cassette to DVD disc using firewire?

I've been trying it for sometime now and it frustrates me always.

I ended up transferring them to VHS.

What kind of program do I need to do such thing.

MiniDV came with program disc but I'm sure about them.

Thanks!!!

Athlon xp 2000+, 512 MB memory, MSI -746f ultra mother-board w/ built in 6 USB 2.0 ports, running in Windows xp service pack 2.  Search ko na sa internet pero no effect; upgrade ng bios, tweaking sa bios parameters, last resort ko na nga, bumili na din ako ng USB card, still ganun pa din problema. 

Ang nangyayari lagi ay nadedetect sya sa una..pero pag tumatagal, hindi nya madetect, error  :"Source file not found".

check the USB-to-IDE IC that your external HD-case is using,

open it and find an IC, I believe its only 1, then

check if the name/brand starts with GL (Genesys Logic)

if so.. then google for Genesys Logic and you can find that

such ICs have issues with NForce2 (I believe thats your MBs chipset)

the ONLY solution is to install a new USB2 PCI card which has either

a VIA or SIS chipset....

devil's advocate lang: di ba mas madaling impluwensyahan ang iisang huwes kaysa isang buong jury?-)

Not really. The essence of the jury system is to pick disinterested (people without prior knowledge of the circumstances of the case) people to decide on what they think is right. Ang current system natin, the judge is not only disinterested but also tends to be pragmatic in the way they evaluate the evidence according to the rules laid down. A jury might not agree with the rules laid down and can make a concience vote, a judge in our system has to make sure his decision is in accordance with the rules provided, otherwise he can get overruled on appeal.

Although admittedly, it is far easier to "influence" a single person than a group of people, given our circumstances, a jury system is not really the best for our judicial system. To cite an example, a lot of Filipinos who become US lawyers are very sought after because they know how to appeal to the emotions of American juries. Similarly, why do you think Imelda Marcos was able to escape prosecution in the US? It's because she was portrayed by the lawyer (Spencer) as a mere loyal wife to a dictator whose only crime was to stand by her man when the chips were down.

thanks, lawyers. will forward all your questions to my friend. i don't know details either. i hope we can help him out, though. from the sound of it, it doesn't seem like the most fair of situations. :(

i'll be back. :)

too many variables in situations like this. a lot depends on how management handles similar situations, there are so many ways of terminating or making an employee resign without too much risk for management. and yes, most of the time it is unfair, but hey, who said life is fair?

Thanks!!!

I don't know about Canon DVs, but I use a ViVo (video in video out) graphics card and windows movie maker to capture DV movies. The process is like recording with a VCR. Same way I do for VHS to DVD recording. If my I want to get my short clips from the DV memory card, I just use a card reader to get them.

If you don't have a ViVo graphics card, You can also use TV Tuner cards such as WinFast TV2000 XP Expert to capture the video providing you have the approprite adaptors (RCA-Coax) since most of these cards uses coaxial connectors.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks!!!

If you're using firewire connection the software you need to transfer the movie to your pc either you can use pinnacle studio, Cyberlink DVD director, Ulead Video Studio, all of them support firewire connection.

Jury system is not new in the Philippines, historically, our fore-fathers have had a jury like judicial system. In jury system, the trier of facts is the jury and the trier of law is the judge...with a system innovation...may be a jury system will work here in the Philippines. The innovations will have to take into consieration the culture and norms of each region.

The most important in any judicial system is the economic progress and political maturity of the society.. and of course lots of positive attitude of the leaders and members of the community....otherwise, no judicial system will work-out if the majority of the members of society are poor, there is no middle class, and if the oligarchs and the moneyed class of the society will prefer to hold on to power by corruption and feudalistic attitude in their stewardship of the nations wealth...

Butsoy

...and of course if the system of education from primary level to post graduate degree will be tailored towards building and strengthening of a nation, instilling in the minds a true and strong sense of nationlism, and developing the people to be a creative individual and leaders in their respective fields of endeavors and studies---and not be servants and wards of rich and foriegn nations...

jury system would work well if we have a speedy judicial system. criminal cases drag for years. and no one would like to do jury duty that long.

in the US, a criminal takes days, and usually, they have marathon hearings. here, a hearing/trial of a case lasts less than an hour. then rescheduled for several weeks.

sino papayag mag jury ng ganyan?

point is, it is impractical to have the jury system here.

Counsels, please oblige me here. I felt this question belonged here instead of the insurance thread because it seemed to be a matter for lawyers.

I know that most insurance policies become incontestable after two years. But what if you add a beneficiary, especially one who isn't related to you (e.g. a sponsored child)? Will this change the basic policy and make it contestable once more?

Thanks.

I am assuming that such a policy is a life insurance, there are only two circumstances where such an insurance policy can be contested after two years according to ART 228:

1. non-payment of premiums

2. violation of the conditions of the policy relating to military or naval service in time of war

Expressio unius est exclusio alterius. To express one is to exclude the other.

Counsels, please oblige me here.  I felt this question belonged here instead of the insurance thread because it seemed to be a matter for lawyers.

I know that most insurance policies become incontestable after two years.  But what if you add a beneficiary, especially one who isn't related to you (e.g. a sponsored child)?  Will this change the basic policy and make it contestable once more?

Thanks.