Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Is there a way to cut a file into smaller sizes para mai-transport ko?  I have been downloading files via the internet and I want to bring them home using a flash disk.  Problem is 128 ang capacity ng aking flash disk and the files are bigger.

While on the subject.. how do I set the compression capacity of winzip to maximum? lagi kasi 1% compression lang ang nagagawa ko eh.

Thank you in advance

Re: Splitting files you may try HJSplit its very handy.

Re: Maximum Compression for winzip, just set the compression setting to maximum when you add a file to your zip file.

Hope this help.

Regards

how can i put sound to a powerpoint presentation na dapat continuous .. ung kahit sa next slide di macut ung sound but mag continue sya...

thanks in advance

here's how...

1. From INSERT menu, select Movies and Sound and select your choice (example you want your music play from your CD)

2. Browse the audio and select OK.

3. A speaker icon should appear in your presentation.

4. Right click on the speaker icon and select Edit Sound Options.

5. click on the Looped Until Stoped checkbox. then press OK button

you may also want to hide the icon when playing the presentation. you may do this by clicking on the checkbox "Hide sound icon"

cheers!

Is there a way to cut a file into smaller sizes para mai-transport ko?  I have been downloading files via the internet and I want to bring them home using a flash disk.  Problem is 128 ang capacity ng aking flash disk and the files are bigger.

While on the subject.. how do I set the compression capacity of winzip to maximum? lagi kasi 1% compression lang ang nagagawa ko eh.

Thank you in advance

It may be that you're trying to compress an already compressed file. If so, even the Maximum compression option won't do you any good. Just split the file using HJSplit. If it's an uncompressed file you're trying to split, use a compression utility to both compress and split the resulting archive. :headsetsmiley:

On a side note, you should also consider buying a flash disk with a higher capacity. If you have the budget, I'd recommend instead of a flash disk, just buy a 3.5" laptop HD and a portable case with USB connection. Then you'll never have to split or compress your files before transport...except if you're downloading 40 GB files every transport session that is... :thumbsupsmiley:

my aunt sued some business partner for bouncing checks. Her lawyer however told her that her case might be dismissed because she did not send a demand letter to the business partner. My aunt is puzzled since the case is already in court and it has been pending there sometime. Is demand letter really important. How can she remedy her situation. Can she fire her lawyer? MTC lawyers pls help

a notice of dishonor is indeed needed for a successful prosecution of BP 22. Normally, the notice of dishonor maybe the demand letter, which must be duly received by the adressee. In the absence of a notice of dishonor/demand letter duly received, your BP 22 case will surely fail.

Guest Leviticus

Thanks for the replies! I find the winrar and HJsplit programs helpful.

mga downloads ko sa office ang gusto ko itransport eh... shhh....

i hope this does not sound soo stupid.... but i have a dell desktop that has 128 mb 333 mhz memory...

i want to upgrade it to at least 256 mb... question is how do i buy memory? as in what do i say to the person in the computer shop?

how do i know if the memory they sell me will fit my pc?

i feel like such a dumbass but i really dont know how to do this...

i hope this does not sound soo stupid.... but i have a dell desktop that has 128 mb 333 mhz memory...

i want to upgrade it to at least 256 mb... question is how do i buy memory? as in what do i say to the person in the computer shop?

dont be! knowing your pc is like gettting to know the lines on your hands! anyway...

i hope you know how to use a screwdriver? coz...

a) you need to open up your pc! specially the side where the processor/motherboard faces(make doubly sure power cord is disconnected from the pc)

B) once the pc is opened(two screws at the rear, you either slide the side panel out, careful if there is a fan connected to the side panel, disconnect the fan too!

c)so kita mo na ang loob ng pc mo! youll see the processor w/fan, vdo card, moden connected to the board, you will also see this narrow strip connected to dimm socket, than is your ram or memory card

d) unlatch(usually white) in an outward motion these latches which hold the ram card, one at a time will do

e)now you can remove the ram card, your 128mb 333mhz memory. now you can go to the store bringing that item.

f) you might ask, why do i hafta remove that memory card? you need to have at least an identical card as that what your pc have in order to fully utilize the ddr abilites of the cards. if its dual sided(meaning both side of the card got chips) then get a dual. kung single, get another single 128mb 333mhz memry card.

g) once you got another card, reinstall by following the proceedure backwards...remember, there is a notch at the cards which match the dimm sockets, so check! make sure when you insert those cards, the latches will lock on the card.

h) if no can do, bring the cpu to the shop and let them have a look and install the new memory too! ;)

mga bro, help naman dyan pls. i have a digicam and pics. i have a photoshop cs. now paano ko ba mapapaliitan yung mga pic kasi hirap mag-upload esp. sa email, file size nung pic is 300+ KB. tulong naman dyan pls? kahit link lang?

photoshop cs/image ready cs includes tutorial(sa start up dialog)! or go to youre nearest software piratahan, get the photoshop cs tips and tricks cdrom. im sure everything you wanted to know is in the cs help manual or tutorial or cdrom! ;)

Edited by roxysnonie

Once open na yung picture sa photoshop may option doon sa menu na resize image. Or you just Save As yung picture select jpg then my option doon, adjust mo yung quality ng picture from best quality to best compression , best compression smaller size.

hmmm... have you checked FIRST whether your DELL is under some sort of warranty? if it is, better have the additional memory installed in an authorized service center. i know memory brands are apple and oranges... but it might be the best move if you just install the memory brands recommended by your computer manufacturer.

mga bro, help naman dyan pls. i have a digicam and pics. i have a photoshop cs. now paano ko ba mapapaliitan yung mga pic kasi hirap mag-upload esp. sa email, file size nung pic is 300+ KB. tulong naman dyan pls? kahit link lang?

two ways to do this

1) resize pictures to decrease the file sizes

2) decrease image quality to meet the required file size.

here's option 1:

step 1:

from the "Image" menu, click "Image Size..."

post-70404-1116795969.jpg

step 2:

the "Image Size" will open to reveal the width and height of the image you are working on. IMHO 300K pictures aren't that much of a deal when uploading into e-mails, but if you are having troubles-- just make sure the image width is below 1000 scale. something like 640 by 480 will do. if you are unsure on the mechanics of ratio and proportion, make sure to check the constrain proportion box and just edit either the width field or the height field.

post-70404-1116795979.jpg

Edited by macx98

continuation:

option 1, step 3:

remember to check the "Constrain proportions" check box then replace the number in the top-most field(width) with a significantly lower number (like half the original number). Something above 320, but not more than 800 will do.

post-70404-1116796191.jpg

as you can see, by reducing the image size to VGA resolution (640x480), you can reduce the file size considerably.

option 2, step 1.

saving the image in lower quality jpeg to decrease file size

in the File Menu, click Save As...

post-70404-1116796492.jpg

Edited by macx98

option 2, step 2:

files saved from digital cameras are usually in the jpeg format. this means that you can save your file in way no other file format can: you can control the sharpness and quality of the details in your image! In the "Save As..." menu, choose JPG or JPEG as your file format then click OK.

post-70404-1116796858.jpg

step 3:

You are then taken to the JPEG options menu, where you can toggle the amount of detail that goes into your JPG image. In the scale shown, 12 being the most detailed, sharpest image but with biggest file size and longest attachment time... and 1 being the dullest image but with the smallest file size and least attachment time.

post-70404-1116796868.jpg

final step:

toggle the format options to Progressive scan, and the Progressive scan drop down menu to "5". You can see here that by reducing the amount of quality for each image, the file size has significantly decreased and the estimated downloading time has decreased as well.

post-70404-1116796877.jpg

Edited by macx98
hmmm... have you checked FIRST whether your DELL is under some sort of warranty? if it is, better have the additional memory installed in an authorized service center. i know memory brands are apple and oranges... but it might be the best move if you just install the memory brands recommended by your computer manufacturer.

actually my warranty expired last april....

and even if it wasnt expired yet, sobra mahal po mag charge ng dell eh :cry:

nd ko po afford... :)

Quick question of copyright and the ability of Americans to sue me. I am part of a group that used to run a bittorrent website/trackers that is under some leagal pressure by those assholes at the MPAA. I don't have the millions of dollars to fight those whimps. I mean how brave is it for a dozen humgongeous companies to band their money together and threaten to sue individuals? Anyway, I was wondering if I moved my site over to the Philippines, could I suffer legal reprucussions here? We are considering a move over to China where there is no legal issues with shitty American corporations. However, as I live here, I thought itd be nice to bring the site to the Philippines. What I would really like is to be able to host our site in a country where I could do something like this: http://piratebay.org/frame.html and piss all over American legal threats. ;) Thanks for any advice!

question for tax lawyers.. i need ur opinion on this:

facts: there is this couple who owns 10 branches of a service franchise.. 5 is managed and in the name of the husband, the other five is managed and in the name of the wife.. in filing their consolidated income tax return, will both of them be entitled to the married individual's basic personal exemption?

tnx.. what if all of the shops are in the name of the husband alone but the wife is managing the other five? tnx..

question for tax lawyers.. i need ur opinion on this:

facts: there is this couple who owns 10 branches of a service franchise.. 5 is managed and in the name of the husband, the other five is managed and in the name of the wife..  in filing their consolidated income tax return, will both of them be entitled to the married individual's basic personal exemption?

tnx.. what if all of the shops are in the name of the husband alone but the wife is managing the other five? tnx..

Your question is a little more complicated than simply saying yes or no. Theoretically, both husband and wife can claim a deduction for being married (each of them) but if they have no income from which to deduct anything from such deduction serves no purpose because the other spouse cannot avail of the deduction of the other. Thus, in your question above, regardless of in whose name the branches are, the question would be do the husband and the wife both individually earn anything from the branches they handle or own. If the answer is yes, then they can both use their deductions. If the answer is no, then only the one with the income can make any deductions.

LATE FILING OF TAXES:

Hi ! cpa lawyers in the house help me naman o.. :)

I need to file my "Other" income tax for year 2003.. super late filing na to..

thing is..

i dont know how..

I know there is penalties and all.. i hope i could get a discount since i plan to pay naman..

is there any other way that i could pay much much lower..

need help.. willing to pay for your services. :)

ayaw ko ma feature sa TV.. tulad ng mga artista.

hope any cpa lawyer could reply.