Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

thanks for the advise

another question and need advise/help again for the gurus

1. I tried connecting two computers for internet connection using dial-up, I used an external modem d-link, an 8 port cnet hub, here's what I did set up the internet tools, internet connection sharing wizard in computer 1 (the computer connecting to the internet), created a client floppy disk for computer 2, put an ip address of 192.168.0.1 then 255.255.255.0, then double click network, configuration, add, protocol, add, microsoft, then TCP/IP, then ok, then restart, got connected and able to do normal surfing, chatting, e-mail, this computer is newly bought about two days ago

2. computer 2, I run the client for the internet browser for the internet connection, set the ip address to 192.168.0.2, then 255.255.255.0, tried pinging computer 1, it replied same otherwise with computer 2 pinging computer 1, it replied too,  then network, configuration, add, protocol, add, microsoft, then TCP/IP, then ok, then restart,  but when I opened the IE the page cannot be displayed, no connection or cannot share connection to the internet using computer 1 connection, this computer 2 is about 6 months old, with some viruses using only AVG free edition. However, it connects to the internet (do normal surfing, chatting, e-mail) when by itself alone using dial up but not with local area network.

Any advise how I can share the connection, by way of LAN.

i assume your PC#1 is running on win98...

ICS (or Internet Connection Sharing) on Win98 is a bit tedious (mabusisi) when you set it up...

however, it is quite effective when you set it up correctly...here is a basic tutorial on ICS:

Setting up a Small Office/Home Office Network #1

Setting up a Home Office/Small Office Network #2

Setting up a Home Office/Small Office Network #3

Setting up a Home Office/Small Office Network #4

hope this helps you out...

thanks for the advise

another question and need advise/help again for the gurus

1. I tried connecting two computers for internet connection using dial-up, I used an external modem d-link, an 8 port cnet hub, here's what I did set up the internet tools, internet connection sharing wizard in computer 1 (the computer connecting to the internet), created a client floppy disk for computer 2, put an ip address of 192.168.0.1 then 255.255.255.0, then double click network, configuration, add, protocol, add, microsoft, then TCP/IP, then ok, then restart, got connected and able to do normal surfing, chatting, e-mail, this computer is newly bought about two days ago

2. computer 2, I run the client for the internet browser for the internet connection, set the ip address to 192.168.0.2, then 255.255.255.0, tried pinging computer 1, it replied same otherwise with computer 2 pinging computer 1, it replied too,  then network, configuration, add, protocol, add, microsoft, then TCP/IP, then ok, then restart,  but when I opened the IE the page cannot be displayed, no connection or cannot share connection to the internet using computer 1 connection, this computer 2 is about 6 months old, with some viruses using only AVG free edition. However, it connects to the internet (do normal surfing, chatting, e-mail) when by itself alone using dial up but not with local area network.

Any advise how I can share the connection, by way of LAN.

here's the quick painless answer.

1) setup up computer 1 for internet connection.

2) set up computer 2 for lan

3) look for and download AnalogX proxy server software("FREEWARE!!!"; google it, use "analogx" and "proxy server" as search terms). install and run in computer 1. The computer will flag you a message when the software is running. And it would continue on running in the background.

4) on computer 2, get inside the browser and configure the proxy server settings. you input the ip address given to u by the proxy server software(open the HELP TEXT FILE included for the list of ports to input into your Web browser and the default ip address of the proxy server),

a.) IE- on the menu, tools> internet options> connections tab> lan settings> click proxy server> advance> enter port numbers(http, ssl, ftp... etc.)

B.) Firfox- tools> options> general tab> connection settings> click manual proxy config> enter port numbers(http, ssl, ftp... etc.)

*http refers to your browser, ftp refers to file transfer protocol- kewl for those who uploads and downloads stuff to their domain...

5) you can duplicate this setup by just entering ip address of the primary gateway on any additional clients.

6) you wouldn't have any problems concerning the speed of internet connection as long as your clients and proxy server are connected properly.

7) total setup time: 8-12 minutes :D :D :D

Cons: you have to keep the primary gateway on for this to work. since only one computer is connected via dialup, this wouldnt be a problem for you.

Edited by macx98
thank you for the info  :cool:

btw, do you know of any websites which offer free web hosting (say for a period of 30 days)?

my friend wants to test an e-Learning webpage she created  :)

100webspace.com- php site host, text ad driven nga lang. mabilis, 100mb space, good signup interface, instant activation, meron control panel!! :D :D :D

here's the quick painless answer.

1) setup up computer 1 for internet connection.

2) set up computer 2 for lan

3) look for and download AnalogX proxy server software("FREEWARE!!!"; google it, use "analogx" and "proxy server" as search terms). install and run in computer 1. The computer will flag you a message when the software is running. And it would continue on running in the background.

4) on computer 2, get inside the browser and configure the proxy server settings. you input the ip address given to u by the proxy server software(open the HELP TEXT FILE included for the list of ports to input into your Web browser and the default ip address of the proxy server),

a.) IE- on the menu, tools> internet options> connections tab> lan settings> click proxy server> advance> enter port numbers(http, ssl, ftp... etc.)

B.) Firfox- tools> options> general tab> connection settings> click manual proxy config> enter port numbers(http, ssl, ftp... etc.)

*http refers to your browser, ftp refers to file transfer protocol- kewl for those who uploads and downloads stuff to their domain...

5) you can duplicate this setup by just entering ip address of the primary gateway on any additional clients.

6) you wouldn't have any problems concerning the speed of internet connection as long as your clients and proxy server are connected properly.

7) total setup time: 8-12 minutes :D :D :D

Cons: you have to keep the primary gateway on for this to work. since only one computer is connected via dialup, this wouldnt be a problem for you.

thanks for the advise figure out the problem "virus, reformat the hd then configured the ics, then replaced the tcp/ip with netbeui in the protocol, add finally it worked.

Just wondering what other softwares of this kind you may know of. Also, discussions on how to bypass such drive protection softwares are welcome. For a start, here are two I know of:

1.) ShadowUser

2.) DeepFreeze

* I use ShadowUser right now since it offers specific folders/files to be excluded from protection while DeepFreeze just freezes your entire partition. I hate DeepFreeze...anyway, any other software of this type which someone else knows? I'm currently testing in order to protect my home computer from my younger sister who seems to have been watching me tinkering with the computer settings too much... :P I made her admin in order for her to learn but I want my settings to remain after she's done with what she actually did... :D

** If anyone knows how to bypass/uninstall these programs, please inform me since I have a target computer cafe...they blocked me from installing my flash drive drivers so I can't EASILY install my net protection softwares...the bad thing about it is the configurations of the computers they froze are already FULL OF SPYWARE!!! :grr:

Hi.

I would like to ask if there really is a 15-day window for one to return his pre-need contract and

get a full refund; specifically from Family First account.

My cousin was indirectly pressured to buy from family first and was advised by a friend who heard that she could terminate her contract within 15 days upon signing. Is there really an SEC ruling on this matter?

Infos would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

ok lang mga revivals basta di katunog ng original. it's better if u inject a new sound to the song.

case in point: Anwar Robinson of American Idol 4. he may not be a recording artist (yet), but during the semi-finals, he gave new flavors to some old songs. his rendition of "Moon River" was superb!

so far, the only artist i know who created a better version of an old song is Joe Cocker. his version of "With A Little Help From My Friends" (the original version was by the Beatles) was great.

gusto kong revival ng "Crazy for you" by madonna ginawang alternative rock ang dating. ayos naman astig. ayoko yung mga revival ng mga acoustics (mostly pinoy) konting dagdag na hiyaw at pahabain lang yung pag twitch ng boses eh release kagad. nakakainis na kasi mostly sa Myx countdown mga revivals. pweh! :thumbsdownsmiley:

ok lang mga revivals basta di katunog ng original. it's better if u inject a new sound to the song.

case in point: Anwar Robinson of American Idol 4. he may not be a recording artist (yet), but during the semi-finals, he gave new flavors to some old songs. his rendition of "Moon River" was superb!

so far, the only artist i know who created a better version of an old song is Joe Cocker. his version of "With A Little Help From My Friends" (the original version was by the Beatles) was great.

kunsabagay, there are some gems that you get from revivals.

like the song "Somewher Over the Rainbow"...

a very good version was the one used in the soundtrack of "Joe Black"

very contemporary....

Guest Dennis®

MGA BROS, NEED YOUR HELP WITH MY WI-FI CARD. DI KO MAKUHA TAMANG CONFIGURATION. SA MADALING SABI EH WALANG SILBI SIYA NGAYON AT DI KO MAGAMIT. I'M USING A LINKSYS WIRELESS-G NOTEBOOK ADAPTER 2.4GHZ FOR A COMPAQ PRESARIO 700. MERON BA DYAN NA MAG MAMAGANDANG LOOB NA TUMULONG. THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

MGA BROS, NEED YOUR HELP WITH MY WI-FI CARD. DI KO MAKUHA TAMANG CONFIGURATION. SA MADALING SABI EH WALANG SILBI SIYA NGAYON AT DI KO MAGAMIT. I'M USING A LINKSYS WIRELESS-G NOTEBOOK ADAPTER 2.4GHZ FOR A COMPAQ PRESARIO 700. MERON BA DYAN NA MAG MAMAGANDANG LOOB NA TUMULONG. THANKS IN ADVANCE!  :)

pre di mo naman binanggit ung saktong prblem mo.

Just a question, does anyone here know where Windows XP saves the username and password for the dial-up configuration? I need the actual files since I'm using ShadowUser on one of my systems and I want the dial-up passwords auto-committed every shutdown/restart. :)

kay ba ng pentium II ang 512mb SD Ram PC 100

For what purpose are you asking? If it's just for office usage, it's OK. This rig is REALLY out of date though. :lol: When are you considering to upgrade your PC? 512 MB of RAM is overkill though. :) For a Pentium 2, you really shouldn't go beyond 256 MB of RAM since more will slow your PC down.(in my experience :) ) Also, don't ever try installing a Win2000 or higher on that since it will also slow your PC down. Wait, I seem to have said too much considering you only asked if your rig is OK! :P

*Doesn't hurt to make some comments though! :hypocritesmiley: