Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Is there such a thing as personal bankruptcy here in the philippines? how does one file for it.

We have a law which deals with insolvency or what we call the Insolvency Law (Act 1956 as amended).

Under that law, a debtor may file for voluntary insolvency if he does not have enought assets/properties to cover his obligations. The jurisdictional requirements are provided for under Secs. 14 to 19 of the law, i.e. debtor must owe at least P1,000; the petition must be filed in RTC where he has resided six (6) months prior to the filing; the following must be attached to the petition :

a.) Schedule - an enumeratioin of his debts, names of creditors, how much he owes to each, and the nature of each debt, whether secured or not secured.

b.) Inventory - an accurate description of all his real and personal properties not exempt from attachment or execution - excluding the family home.

Being a proceeding in rem, there must be publication, as many times as the court may deem proper, and all the creditors appearing in the schedule must be given notice by the court.

CoolestBoy:

Your questions are the same questions many a Filipino ask. The realities of law practice are most often hard for ordinary people to comprehend.

Your vigilance though will go a long way in curbing the drug menace and rooting-out corrupt and undesirable policemen, prosecutors, judges and other government officers and employees.

have a watchful eye, and the bravery of a lion to fight drugs and corruption.

FELICES PASCUAS Y PROSPERO ANO NUEVO PANEROS Y PANERAS

Butsoy

he's right......

better stick to sp1...

if you have any sense of security at all you'd install service pack 2 right away. auto updates will NOT get you the features included when you install sp2.

It offers tighter control of communications protocols like Remote Procedure Call (RPC), Distributed Common Object Model (DCOM), and Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV). The system is protected against buffer-overrun exploits used by many Trojans. The Local Zone Lockdown prevents Trojans from taking advantage of reduced restrictions for programs running on the local machine.
if you have any sense of security at all you'd install service pack 2 right away. auto updates will NOT get you the features included when you install sp2.

agreed. i also have a pirated winxp with sp2 installed in an ibm thinkpad. no problems at all. ganda ng security. before using sp2 i have to install a firewall with popup blocker. with sp2, is a built-in firewall, which functions just the same with third party softwares.

Hello folks.  I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I recently installed Norton 2005, but I can't get virus definition updates.  Should I subscribe online ($25) or is there a way to fix this?  The system status says the renewal date is December 8, 2005.  It says the account is current.  But I still can't get updates.  There are instructions from Symantec on what to do, but nothing has worked thus far.

Subscribing does not always mean that you have to pay for the services. Like McAfee, they need your product to be registered with their website so you can download virus definition files. They also ask for your e-mail address so they can send special offers. Sometimes, they'll ask you where you got the product, choices includes "bundled from a device or software". Choose this to get free updates.

hello again,

just wanted to confirm something... i just heard from my sister that the name of an illegitimate child doesn't have a middle name... is that true? if so, my son's is using the same middle name as i am using so what should i do? do i need to have it changed? what about his previous records?.. i'll be waiting for your response.. thanks  :)

she's right, skibeth. but having one does not really matter. he can keep on using it without any legal repercussions. that should be the least of your worries. merry christmas to you and your fam! ;)

meron akong orig na xp, but it says on the cd "re-installation disk for dell"

pwede ko kayang gamitin yun at i-install sa desktop ko? hindi pa nagagamit yung orig na xp

ayoko muna kasing gamitin baka hindi gumana at wala pa naman yung installer ko ng xp

ive used one of those early dell winxp re install disk! after installation itll show a dell screensaver or splash screen!

i suggest that you uninstall the sp2. di kasi ganun kadali ang maginstall ng sp2 eh... may mga sepcifications pa yan... even the processor should be look at too. trust me i know this.. tech support ako eh.. bwehehehehehe

LOL… That is the funniest thing I’ve ever read… A Tech Support asking someone to Uninstall SP2 because of pc slow downs… Geez… Ok, let me first clear some things out for you…

di kasi ganun kadali ang maginstall ng sp2 eh

Actually it is very easy, if you have a LEGIT copy of Windows XP in the first place. And know how to do it the right way.

may mga sepcifications pa yan... even the processor should be look at too

Yes there are system requirements for SP2. But take note that it is JUST THE SAME AS THE SYSTEM REQ. OF WINDOWS XP. If your system can run WinXP SP1 smoothly, SP2 can run smoothly as well.

SP2 System Requirements:

Original & Licensed copy of Windows XP

233-Mhz Processor

64Mb of RAM

1.6 GB of available hard-disk space during installation

trust me i know this.. tech support ako eh.. bwehehehehehe

No offence but I suggest you need to have a lil more training…

“Palaging nakaka-experience ng system crash at ang ibang apps at games ko ay biglang bumagal”

Some applications and drivers that are incompatible with SP2 can be the cause of your system crashes. You might want to update them as well.

Click HERE for the list of applications that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they run on XP SP2 PC.

Spywares/Adwares can also be a big problem for SP2’s stability. I suggest you to check this out first.

What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2

And regarding with your games and apps running slow is just because of when you install SP2, your hard drive becomes heavily fragmented. I suggest you to defrag your HD first and you’ll get your regular pc speed back.

IMHO, get yourself a licensed copy of XP so that you can qualify for a direct support from Microsoft… There is “something” inside SP2 that will one day make you regret that you installed SP2 on a pirated/unlicensed copy of WinXP. Take it from me… Just my 2 cents… :hypocritesmiley:

Hello folks.  I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I recently installed Norton 2005, but I can't get virus definition updates.  Should I subscribe online ($25) or is there a way to fix this?  The system status says the renewal date is December 8, 2005.  It says the account is current.  But I still can't get updates.  There are instructions from Symantec on what to do, but nothing has worked thus far.

No. you do not need to pay for the liveupdate subscription since they will expire next year.

Can you please tell me what the error code is when you run live update?

And also kindly PM me the last 8 digits of you NAV product key so I can double check on your NAV’s subscription. Thanks.

LOL… That is the funniest thing I’ve ever read… A Tech Support asking someone to Uninstall SP2 because of pc slow downs… Geez… Ok, let me first clear some things out for you…

Actually it is very easy, if you have a LEGIT copy of Windows XP in the first place. And know how to do it the right way.

Yes there are system requirements for SP2. But take note that it is JUST THE SAME AS THE SYSTEM REQ. OF WINDOWS XP. If your system can run WinXP SP1 smoothly, SP2 can run smoothly as well.

SP2 System Requirements:

Original & Licensed copy of Windows XP

233-Mhz Processor

64Mb of RAM

1.6 GB of available hard-disk space during installation

No offence but I suggest you need to have a lil more training…

“Palaging nakaka-experience ng system crash at ang ibang apps at games ko ay biglang bumagal”

Some applications and drivers that are incompatible with SP2 can be the cause of your system crashes. You might want to update them as well.

Click HERE for the list of applications that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they run on XP SP2 PC.

Spywares/Adwares can also be a big problem for SP2’s stability. I suggest you to check this out first.

What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2

And regarding with your games and apps running slow is just because of when you install SP2, your hard drive becomes heavily fragmented. I suggest you to defrag your HD first and you’ll get your regular pc speed back.

IMHO, get yourself a licensed copy of XP so that you can qualify for a direct support from Microsoft… There is “something” inside SP2 that will one day make you regret that you installed SP2 on a pirated/unlicensed copy of WinXP. Take it from me… Just my 2 cents…  :hypocritesmiley:

sir its only based on experience kung mali... pasensya na po kayo. :cool:

excalibur,

Assuming that assessment and collection were made, the local government concerned will either:

file a civil action for collection of delinquent taxes against the taxpayer/land owner

or

institute an administrative action through levy on the real property.

ive used one of those early dell winxp re install disk! after installation itll show a dell screensaver or splash screen!

no prob... feeling dell nga lang ang pc mo ;D

so i take it that it is okay to install it on my desktop

thanks for the advice :cool:

Basta di muna ako nag-install ng WinXP SP2. I'm just fine with SP1 on my "pirated" WinXP Pro. I just regularly update it with other updates

hoy, kelan ka pupunta dito sa makati? pucha parang iniiwasan mo kami nila barok ah :lol: :D

xcalibur,

If real property tax (land tax) isnt paid when due, the local government concerned may either file a civil action for its collection or "levy" the real property itself and sell it through public auction or sale to satisfy the taxpayer's/landowner's obligation. The word "levy" here means -- to seize the property.