Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

For academic discussion only: assume that the Supreme Court affirms a Court of Appeals decision by way of a minute resolution (the one-paragraph type of decision which does not discuss the facts and/or law involving a case). Now, does that affirmation by the SC have binding effect? Why or why not?

Curious lang sa sagot. :rolleyes: :)

Totoybola,

i tink i nw have a basis for ur query.

"The minute resolution may amount to a final action on the case but it is not a precedent." (Alonso vs. Cebu Country Club, 1/31/02)

havent read the entire case thoh so check it out to be sure.

Funny thing thoh, I was luking for sumting else wen I acidentaly found this one.

harddisk cooler any comments if advisible cya, may malaking tulong ba? yung area kasi may aircon nman pero nde kaya sumtimes pag maraming pipol eh nasa dulo pa naman yung computer as in the corner, sumtimes ceiling fan lang kung walang tao.

yes. but most of the time mas effective pa rin CPU or northbridge cooler.

(if you already have one, u can try upgrading it)

but if your harddisk does not have adequate airflow, then go buy one.

you can check it somehow naman if you can feel that the area around ur HDD is hotter (or no airflow) than the rest of the casing.

Hi I just wanna ask you guys re: this error message I have received when booting:

Boot failure

Invalid system disk

I check but there was no diskette inside the floppy drive. What seems to be the problem?

I have checked that it is a P3 800Mhz, when booting, it reflects a P3 400Mhz and if you check it on the BIOS its P3 333Mhz. Why is it showing differect CPU speeds.

Does this have anything to do with the error message I have received?

Thanks

Hi I just wanna ask you guys re: this error message I have received when booting:

Boot failure

Invalid system disk

I check but there was no diskette inside the floppy drive. What seems to be the problem?

I have checked that it is a P3 800Mhz, when booting, it reflects a P3 400Mhz and if you check it on the BIOS its P3 333Mhz. Why is it showing differect CPU speeds.

Thanks

it seems that after several more reboots it'll conk out.

i'm not trying to worry you tho....its just one of the usual signs...

For the boot failure, hdd yan or IDE

for the next one, try to check if ur pc is grounded.

Totoybola,

i tink i nw have a basis for ur query.

"The minute resolution may amount to a final action on the case but it is not a precedent." (Alonso vs. Cebu Country Club, 1/31/02)

havent read the entire case thoh so check it out to be sure.

Funny thing thoh, I was luking for sumting else wen I acidentaly found this one.

Yes, the decision made by the Supreme Court will have a binding effect.

It means that the Supreme Court, agreeds with the decision of the lower court IN TOTO :D . There is no need for the Supreme Court to ellaborate or to reiterate the reason why the court made the said decision.

Question to the lawyers:

Is there a law banning alcohol sale within school vicinities? If there is, what republic act or ordinance is this? need it for a research paper

Not aware of any statute prohibiting such sale. Will inform u thoh if i do.

Re: ordinance-- sorry, cant help u with that. Ur on ur own in verifying if such ordinances exists from the city or municipality concerned. Ask for their city/municipal attorney, they wud know. Gud luk. :)

Good day Lawyers!

I have read a lot about living wills in financial books from abroad. What is its uses in our local setting? Is there any form that we can follow? Where is this usually filed and its period of validity?

I'm sorry to trouble you with so many questions. Thanks

Are you referring to the US? Heard sumting bout dat. It is sed that it's actually a Special Power of Attorney than an actual Will.

I think the purpose of a "Living Will" is to allow the principal to make decisions about life support when he/she is in a coma or vegetable state and authorizes/directs his/her agent/s to implement his/her wishes. (Sorry, wanted it to be less sexists).

Dont think its of much use to us. We barely cant even pay our hospital bills for a simple surgery. :unsure:

hmmm... il get bak to u n ur other questions wen i hav d tym coz im kinda lazy in aswering 2day and want to enjoy the holiday! B)

Guys,please help!

I have a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501... I'm working on some graphics project when all of a sudden my laptop turned off. When I turn it on again, it's just showing the Toshiba logo.The Sub-panel indicates a message to enter the HDDPASSWORD.

Do you guys know how to unlock the hard disk or just bypass the password?

Need it badly 'cause all my work is in my laptop and I'm almost past my deadline already.

Thanks in advance.

Boot failure

Invalid system disk

Thanks

1. unplug your PC, open the case and check for any loose connections esp. with the IDE cables.

2. Reset the CMOS (assuming that the battery still has charge)- read the motherboard manual about reseting the CMOS

3. power-up and enter the bios (hit del or F1)

4. Enter the correct date and time

5. Go to the advance setup and set the CPU speed, FSB etc.

6. Find the boot sequence menu and put HDD as the first boot device, if you can disable booting from the FDD and optical drives, the better.

7. Save settings, exit and enter bios once again to see if changes was accepted

** if bios settings was not accepted, flash the motherboard chipset (if chipset is flashable). Go to the support section of the motherboard website about bios flashing.

** if error persists, try to swap the IDE cable of the optical drives for the HDD

** still error persists, boot sector of the drive is probably corrupted, need to re-install OS.

Guys,please help!

I have a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501... I'm working on some graphics project when all of a sudden my laptop turned off. When I turn it on again, it's just showing the Toshiba logo.The Sub-panel indicates a message to enter the HDDPASSWORD.

Do you guys know how to unlock the hard disk or just bypass the password?

Need it badly 'cause all my work is in my laptop and I'm almost past my deadline already.

Thanks in advance.

Is it probable that you have consumed all the HD space that the system locked it?

You can try to browse the manual and see if there is a default HDD password and also check the stickers at the bottom of the laptop for any clues.

Anyway, you should try to contact Tricom for help. Toshiba's laptop software and bios is propriety so it is best to bring it to them.

guys i need help. it's kinda embarassing but what the h*ll...

I need to download a soundcard driver for my younger bro's computer. The thing is it so happens that there are about a hundred versions for it on the net and I'm gonna go all the way to manila (from leyte) to reformat everything and I don't want any loose ends. My brother really needs the sounds on his computer. It's got to do with his java programming daw in skul.

B)

The details:

Soundcard - AC'97

OS - Win 98SE

Motherboard - Epox.ktm3

There are a lot of downloadable drivers on the net pero may a3.49, a3.53, etc.

Can you peeps please help me out? I need to download the driver pretty soon since Im leaving on the 15th. Thanks a lot! -harvey

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

AC97, it seems that your bro's PC has a built-in soundcard. No need to download the driver if the motherboard's utility disc is still with you. Just feed it and install all the drivers the for the motherboard. OR you can go to CONTROL PANEL-SYSTEM-HARDWARE/DEVICE MANAGER where you will see "!" on the sound, video & game controllers. All you have to do is put the disc in and right click on the item with "!", select properties-update driver-install from specific location and browse for the optical drive where you inserted the disc and fire away... If you don't have it or have lost it, just download the driver that will work on your system (read the supported operating system on their website) or download the latest driver version. Hope this solves it...

question lang po:

does the father of an illegitimate child HAS to sign the child's travel papers? kse as far as i know, one parent lang ang kailangang pumirma. thing is kse the father dont want to sign anything, let alone see them na, kumbaga eh, he doesnt want to have anything to do with them anymore cuz the guy is already married and lives a new life na. problema kse, hina-harass sha nung mom, doing everything to make habol and make the guy's life miserable...the guy gives support naman, pro yun nga nasa agreement nila na hindi na sha guguluhin o iko-contact nung girl.

hmmmm.... In my opinion, the signature and consent of the natural father of an illegitimate child is no longer needed because he does not have any parental authority over the latter.

Yes, the decision made by the Supreme Court will have a binding effect.

It means that the Supreme Court, agreeds with the decision of the lower court IN TOTO :D . There is no need for the Supreme Court to ellaborate or to reiterate the reason why the court made the said decision.

dagdag lang, minute resolutions of the SC constitute stare decisis. If i remember right, Smith Bell case yata yan.