Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Pipol, My computer is already overrun by lots of viruses, pati spyware and cookies, Can somebody point me in the right direction to remove all of them. Maron bang free site to have dem removed? Thanks.

just a thought, sometimes it's easier to reformat than to try removing all the virus and spyware in your system. but that is only if you have all your installer cds on hand.

Specs,

In that case, RA 7432 applies since RA9257 was promulgated by GMA last 26 Feb 2004 which took effect sometime after that.

Under RA7432, a Senior Citizens ID issued by the OSCA is generally required to be presented to the establishment before the senior citizen can avail of the privileges granted to him under sec. 4 of said the law. So if the lawyer did not present a valid S.C. ID, then you can use that as a defense.

Also, as you’ve said, only citizens of at least 60 years of age and with an annual income of not more than Php60,000.00 are considered qualified senior citizens provided they rendered service to the community.

In short, only senior citizens with an annual income of Php60,000.00 or less can avail of the privileges under Sec. 4 of RA7432.

With regard to the other matter, it doesn’t matter if it is for take out or dine-in, “qualified” senior citizens should get a 20% discount on their purchases as explained by coychee.

But if you feel that a senior citizen is abusing the privileges granted to him under the law, then, under RA9257, you may report him to the OSCA. Said law punishes abusive senior citizens with a fine of not less than P5,000.00 but not more than P50,000.00 AND imprisonment of not less than 6 months.

On the upside, RA9257 allows you to claim whatever discounts you have granted to senior citizens as tax deductions when you file your ITR.

With regard to revocation of business permits, the Implementing Rules of RA7432 provides:

ARTICLE 12. Penalties. —

x x x

Any organization, private/government establishment and government department/bureau/agency/institution who “willfully” refuses to grant the privileges given to senior citizens or violates any provision of RA 7432 shall be administratively dealt with by any of the agency/department concerned including, but not limited to the cancellation of permit/s or franchise/s to operate a business establishment or institution or public service.

Therefore, your business permit may be revoked if you failed to give a 20% to a “qualified” senior citizen.

joe629,

Am really sorry to hear that but not much can be done considering the case has already been decided by the Supreme Court. Even the Motion for Reconsideration was denied.

On a side note, minute resolutions by the Supreme Court are considered valid and not unconstitutional.

As for legal remedies, was the Indeterminate Sentence Law (PD 968 as amended) applied to their penalty? If so, they could get out a bit sooner than that imposed. They could avail parole also if they are qualified.

As for political remedies, pardon comes into mind. But I'm not sure how though and I believe it would be useless coz the term is short.

As for the decision you cited, I believe the case was modified by the Supreme Court in view of the Francisco case considering that the latter is a decision rendered En Banc and after the promulgation of the Pedro Santos case which was in 1983.

Sec. 4 (3), Article VII of the 1987 Constitution provides that:

x x x

No doctrine or principle of law laid down by the court in a decision rendered en banc or in division may be modified or reversed except by the court sitting en banc.

x x x

Again, I am sory.

mga attys: hingi lang ko ng advice.  paano ba procedure para palitan ang surname ng illigitimate child (gamitin and surename ng father with consent of cousre)? magkano kaya damage?

This is a actually a new law granting the father the right to allow his illegitimate child to his his surname, provided certain conditions are met.

I believe a petition for this is not necessary as in change of name. Baka pwede na sa civil registrar na lang... parang correction of entry. Mas madali ang ganito.

I dont have any idea as to the damage.

Hope this helps. B)

Edited by Wolf

Can I ask a hypothethical question?

How does Arts. 106-109 (on labor contracting) apply to this scenario?

Corp A -- client- with vast resources

|

Corp B -- no substantial capital ( hence labor only contracting?)

|

Corp C - no substantial capital ( hence labor only contracting?)

|

Laborer/employee-- underpaid (ie. 200/day)

Assuming that the activity/work of the Laborer/employee is directly related to or necessary to the principal business of Corp A, whom can the laborer sue in case the latter's (laborer) wages is below the statutory minimum (hence underpaid)?

Can the laborer sue Corp A? Is the laborer's remedy limited to Corp B & C?

alrighty, this is just stupid. why cant users edit/delete their own posts?

Ask the MODs, it is they who have the power to tweak the options available to common user. Maybe its a matter of policy - adds stability to the forum. Prevents malicious users from suddenly editing their posts after earlier provoking a debate etc.

mga attys: hingi lang ko ng advice.  paano ba procedure para palitan ang surname ng illigitimate child (gamitin and surename ng father with consent of cousre)? magkano kaya damage?

Under R.A. 9255, illegitimate children may use the surname of their father if their filiation has been expressly recognized by the father through the record of birth appearing in the civil register, or when an admission in a public document or private handwritten instrument is made by the father.

To change the surname of an illegitimate child, he should file a petition for change of name before the Regional Trial Court since it is not a mere correction of typographical errors which can be done adminstratively through the local civil registry.

The main expenses in filing a petition will be the cost of publication and attorney's fees.

Edited by coychee

Can somebody tell me how to look for a PC in home servicer? I can't take this any longer! Now that I have an XP os, something went wrong with my Creative Live 5.1 soundcard. This time when I tried to reinstall the driver it informs me that some unable to be copied (around 4 files with extension .dll) then if i choose to still continue without them (coz there's an option to do so) the last error I see is a file called "stau2k(?)" that is missing and I cant seem to find it at all. So everytime I open my pc it detects the soundcard but could not install the driver so I end up cancelling it. Sayang tuloy soundcard ko. :cry:

tanong ko lang kung kailangan pa bang mag-reinstall ng windows kapag nagpalit ka ng motherboard?

what i usually do to avoid deleting data is reinstall windows then choose the repair option..this way you dont have to reformat the hardisk does retaining your

precious data and installed programs..windows will simply scan the new components install the new drivers and recopy the systems files

Can somebody tell me how to look for a PC in home servicer? I can't take this any longer! Now that I have an XP os, something went wrong with my Creative Live 5.1 soundcard. This time when I tried to reinstall the driver it informs me that some unable to be copied (around 4 files with extension .dll) then if i choose to still continue without them (coz there's an option to do so) the last error I see is a file called "stau2k(?)" that is missing and I cant seem to find it at all. So everytime I open my pc it detects the soundcard but could not install the driver so I end up cancelling it. Sayang tuloy soundcard ko. :cry:

i can only assume that the cd is deffective thats probably why some files cannot be copied try downloading the drivers from creative's website then reinstall it and see what happens..

ladydredd

pwedeng di lang maayos ung pagkaka-kabit nung vid-card sa slot or madumi ung slot. common problem yan sa pc d2 b4, akala ko tipong bumigay na vidcard, un pala, maluwag lang.

to marc7 and eraserheads,

dudes, thanks a lot for the help. i tried the things you said, pero tlagang ayaw eh. in the end, i brought it na sa supplier. sabi nila may tama daw yung monitor kaya pinalitan na lang nila ng bago kse covered pa ng warranty. kaya ngayon, bago na ulit PC ko, pwera lang yung keyboard ska mouse, hehehe. pero, nagtataka pa rin ako nung sinabi nila na may tama yung monitor kse ok naman yun bago nila pinalitan yung CPU ska lahat ng laman nun eh. cguro tinamad na lang magtroubleshoot yung tech nila kaya pinalitan na lang ng bago :rolleyes:

problem ko naman ngayon, pag kino-connect ko yung CPU sa tv (may video out na eh) to watch VCDs or play some games, snowy yung screen ska malabo yung icons ng desktop kahit i-adjust ko yung display settings. sabi ng friend ko, baka daw loose yung connection sa tv or pangit yung kable. pero ok naman eh, cguro try ko na lang palitan yung cable. may ma-recommend ba kayo na di naman mahal? thanks ulit ha!

alrighty, this is just stupid. why cant users edit/delete their own posts?

you have to have reached certain number of posts before all your functions will be activated..... activating all functions of almost 40000 members will take too much from the server...

i suggest you hit the Preveiw button first and scan your message for any mistakes before you hit Send....

this is clearly an off-topic inquiry so for any other questions about MTC Usage, please go to the proper Section... thank you..