Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

If I read your query correctly, the developers plan to "re-create" the software from scratch....American case law on software piracy (which is accorded persuasive force in Philippine jurisprudence) is replete with authorities that "re-creating", or replicating, is infringement...this is why software developers' contracts normally contain a "non-competition clause" in their contracts to protect the capitalist......and why Bill Gates still refuses to open the source code for Windows.....

Word of advice - CAUTION. Exercise more diligence.....check the patent/copyright registration....then confirm from the developers' group that there has been no prior public use of the software at least in the Philippines....intellectual property right protection is not necessarily dependent on patent/copyright registration alone as it can be and is similarly protected under our Civil Code and other laws...

I would hate to see your friends develop a landmark software and successfully market it, only to get hit later with an infringement suit.....they may not be sued now when there's nothing to run after, but may be sued later when they're rich and famous....so, as early as now, suggest that they put everything in order and beyond question.....

Just my 2 cents worth....

thanks templar666.

what if the company that originally hired them(Company A, Philippines) is already closed? does the contract still hold? and assuming the company still exists, isn't there a time lapse on the contract?

Guest EvilAsh
hi all,

locally available na ba yung ATI RADEON 9700 PRO??? san nakakabili?

Yup. Pero by order basis. I think it's around 15-20k. Wala kami pero I heard na Villman takes orders.

Guest EvilAsh

Ok ako naman may problem :P

I have pldt dsl at home and I want to share it via dialup. I was able to set this up at the office with Win2k AS and Winroute but I have WinXP at home. I've setup RAS and people are able to connect but can't browse. I've searched everywhere for a guide but here I am 4 months later and I still can't share my connection. My brother has been on my back ever since I got my dsl because the deal was I get DSL if he gets a free dialup connection :). If I still can't get WinXP to work I might just dual boot Linux. I hear it's alot easier to setup a dialup over there.

Guest templar
what if the company that originally hired them(Company A, Philippines) is already closed?  does the contract still hold?  and assuming the company still exists, isn't there a time lapse on the contract?

Check the contract as to:

1. Contracting party - Company A-local or Company A-foreign1? Note that even if the local company is the contracting party and has closed shop in the Philippines, Company A-foreign, as its mother company, can still pursue actions in the Philippines for Company A-local and all that Company A-foreign has to do is to submit to Philippine jurisdiction.

So, in answer to your query, it doesn't matter if Company-local has closed. If the cause of action still subsists, Company A-foreign can still pursue it in the Philippines as successor-in-interest of Company A-local.

2. Survival clause - contracts usually have a provision stating that certain rights and obligations will survive the termination of the contract. Examples are obligations relating to confidentiality and non-competition and rights relating to royalties and succession.

So, in answer to your query, check if the contract has a survival clause.

3. Termination clause - contracts usually provide for a term, i.e. length of time the contract will subsist.

Check out the termination clause of the contract but remember that whatever term is provided there is nevertheless subject to the survival clause (if any).

Hope this helps....

hmmm i havent done that with Windows XP yet (shared dialup) but when I still use NT4 (SP3) I was able to share our cable connection using dial-up. Iisa lang ang fone line kaya nag uunahan ang mga friends ko na gumamit dati. And i give them their own customized username and password. The connection speed is only up to 33.6kbps even with 56k modem.

I havent tried with windows XP. Too bad, we turn off our computers at night kaya di ko na magawa. If I may be given the time, I think I can still do it. Mas madali nga ang XP kaysa NT eh.

I dont do that anymore since I use internet via GPRS (Nokia 6310i) at home.

Ayoko na explain, nayayabangan ako sa sarili ko kung explain ko pa yun. :boo:

brand names i prefer when it comes to boards ay ASUS and INTEL...

as for the memory slots..siguro kahit 2 slots oks na kasi most memory nagyon ay 256 MB and above ang standards....DDR ang types

as for the USB..standars for now is 4 ports (check pls)

toomtam... as for me i prefer asus and intel boards only... with 3-4 memory slots... with four usb ports... for programming and personal use... pinakamababa siguro ay 5k for the board... pero for gaming i dont like to use intel processor... prefer to use amd...

di ko panasusubukan mag-AMD, palaging intel processor ang ginagamit ko. i plan to have a least 512 memory and a high end graphics processor maybe GForce 4ti4200... maybe 17inch NEC monitor, 80gb HD and at least P4 2.0GHz processor.

san kaya murang bumili?

benchmark wise mas mabilis ang AMD sa games pero honestly hindi naman nakikita difference....ang pinaka dipresensya lang ay price mas mura AMD sa counterpart niya na intel board so i suggest getting an AMD chip

totoo po bang walang nakukulong dahil sa utang?????

yung phone bill namin sa pldt dati lumaki, pinaputol.

nakapangalan pa sa lolo ko yun nun.

wala namang naghahabol so ok na kaya kami????

anyway patay na si lolo, d naman transferable ang mga utang dba???

This question is actually several questions which can be answered as follows:

1) Yes, walang nakukulong sa utang, at least not because there is a debt per se. But if there is fraud in the non-payment of the debt, then you could get into jail but not because of the debt, but because of the fraud that created the debt (hence estafa).

2) Debt's are normally non-transferrable. However, the heirs of a deceased can be made liable for the debt of the deceased person to the extent of the inheritance that the heir received.

3) With respect to the phone bills, while the phone is in the name of your lolo, if pldt can prove that the phone line was being used by the household it was connected to, then they can make the resident of that household liable for the debt. (Best look at your application for the line and you will see that condition). However, the chances that they would be able to establish this is very slim. While the debt exists, it may be difficult to collect from you. Most of the time, if the amount is not large, they will just write it off.

attorney,

same principles ba will apply sa credit card unpaid bills....

yung brother in law ko kasi nawalan ng job. nagamit ng nagamit yung

credit cards, e ala namang pambayad.... tinatawagan sya ng tinatawagan ng

company to settle the account kaso ala na ngang trabaho yung guy. ke misis

umasaa..... may kaso rin b yung ganun ?

tanong lang po?

strutbar,

The same case applies to credit card usages. Unless there is a clear evidence that you did not intend to pay for the credit card uses that you made, you could not be imprisoned for the resulting debts for it. Most often than not, the banks will just try to harrass you in paying the obligation with them. Sometimes they will refer this matter to the lawyers who will file an action against in for collection (depending on how much the debt is) and blacklist your credit standing with the business community (making it difficult for you to secure debts/loans). Other than that, they cannot put you behind bars for it.

strutbar,

The same case applies to credit card usages. Unless there is a clear evidence that you did not intend to pay for the credit card uses that you made, you could not be imprisoned for the resulting debts for it. Most often than not, the banks will just try to harrass you in paying the obligation with them. Sometimes they will refer this matter to the lawyers who will file an action against in for collection (depending on how much the debt is) and blacklist your credit standing with the business community (making it difficult for you to secure debts/loans). Other than that, they cannot put you behind bars for it.

attorney you said that they "the bank" will or may refer this case to another

lawyer and file an action depending on the amount of debt ?

so you mean specific actions depends on amount of debt. like what ?

say <30Thou - this kind of action

<100thou - this kind of action

and >200Thou - this kind of action.....

pwede po bang pakilinaw ng konti.....

salamat po!

strutbar,

The same case applies to credit card usages.  Unless there is a clear evidence that you did not intend to pay for the credit card uses that you made, you could not be imprisoned for the resulting debts for it.  Most often than not, the banks will just try to harrass you in paying the obligation with them.  Sometimes they will refer this matter to the lawyers who will file an action against in for collection (depending on how much the debt is) and blacklist your credit standing with the business community (making it difficult for you to secure debts/loans).  Other than that, they cannot put you behind bars for it.

attorney you said that they "the bank" will or may refer this case to another

lawyer and file an action depending on the amount of debt ?

so you mean specific actions depends on amount of debt. like what ?

say <30Thou - this kind of action

<100thou - this kind of action

and >200Thou - this kind of action.....

pwede po bang pakilinaw ng konti.....

salamat po!

Strutbar:

Specific Actions refer to what kind of action a lawyer will have to file.. in your case, the lawyer with whom the bank referred the case may file an action for colletion of sum of money.. and the amount involved.. say 100,000.00 pesos is the amount of claim plus damages, and attorneys fees.

the lawyer will file an action depending on what is the best action (Legal remedy) available to immediately collect the amount to be recovered.

Butsoy

Mga lawyers, help naman po.

I'm poor and penniless as of the moment. Could anyone of you make me an affidavit of loss? My bag got stolen last night. In it was my wallet (with id's, your calling cards, and all the money that I have left) and my cellphone.

Your help will surely be appreciated.

Thank you.

So...sorry to hear that Fire..surely, our lawyers here will be more than willing to help.

Meantime, re: your cellphone, if you know the IME number of your cell ( that is the serial nuimber of your cell), call the NTC (National Telecommunications Commission) & request to block it so that the one who stole will not be able to use it even with a new sim card....thanks.

Guest templar

Ahhhhh....ok...so your bag's been found with the cellphone in it! Great!!! :D :D :D Kala ko gagawan na kita ng affidavit eh .... :)

Well, all's well that ends well....but the MTC lawyers would still want to collect that "kiss to everyone" you promised in your signature :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ingat ka lagi......kaw kasi di ka nagsasama ng ka-date ;)

I still need the affidavit because the text that we received was a hoax. I just got back from Padi's and ny bag wasn't there.

Hehehe......pero....if you give me a freeaffidavit, I would still kiss all the lawyers. :*

Ok, I can execute you an affidavit of loss but I would need the following details:

1) Your Full name and address

2) What Items were lost (specifically) that you want to include in the affidavit (like credit cards, etc.)

3) Which Padi's point branch and when was it lost

4) If you have a cedula, then it's number, when it was issued and where

With the above information, I would be able to wing the rest of the affidavit. Just PM me the details.

Mga lawyers, help naman po.

I'm poor and penniless as of the moment. Could anyone of you make me an affidavit of loss? My bag got stolen last night. In it was my wallet (with id's, your calling cards, and all the money that I have left) and my cellphone.

Your help will surely be appreciated.

Thank you.

O nagawa na ba Affidavit mo? kung hindi pa padalhan ka lang namin ng pro-forma affidavit...basta yung kiss ko wag mong kalimutan...

Butsoy

Guest templar
I still need the affidavit because the text that we received was a hoax.  I just got back from Padi's and ny bag wasn't there.

Hehehe......pero....if you give me a freeaffidavit, I would still kiss all the lawyers.  :*

Oooops, sorry to hear that .... :(

....i presume you've called the credit card company and the bank (if you have an ATM card in the bag) and told them to decline all transactions on the cards....if not, you better tell them so even before you get the affidavit from freelicker or butsoy...

...hope everything turns out well... :unsure:

as for the kiss...well, finally the lawyers get to earn their professional fees.... in kind .... :P

do i hear a motion for a second lawyers' EB ? :evil:

I still need the affidavit because the text that we received was a hoax.  I just got back from Padi's and ny bag wasn't there.

Hehehe......pero....if you give me a freeaffidavit, I would still kiss all the lawyers.   :*

Oooops, sorry to hear that .... :(

....i presume you've called the credit card company and the bank (if you have an ATM card in the bag) and told them to decline all transactions on the cards....if not, you better tell them so even before you get the affidavit from freelicker or butsoy...

...hope everything turns out well... :unsure:

as for the kiss...well, finally the lawyers get to earn their professional fees.... in kind .... :P

do i hear a motion for a second lawyers' EB ? :evil:

Actually am mulling the idea.. kaya lang sasabihin nyo naman na hanggang organize lang ako at di naman ako sumisipot....hehehehe... pero ngayon promise na talaga sisiput na po... dami lang talaga trabaho... kakalunod na. so kelan kaya magandang time?.. pwede kaya sama muna tayo sa Videoke EB ni Leslie sa Sangkalan? sa March 12 na yun...

Butsoy