Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

ei guys, athlon or pentium? was gonna go for pentiumIV na 3 gig up with hyperthreading, plano ko sana padal from states pero practical ba? lalo na with warranty and stuff :(

go ask the distributor of intel procs here if they will give you a warranty even though you bought it outside of pinas.since you have the moolah go P4 with HT,yan ang model ng pentium n hdi n mtalo ng Athlon XP 'Barton'.

ei guys, athlon or pentium? was gonna go for pentiumIV na 3 gig up with hyperthreading, plano ko sana padal from states pero practical ba? lalo na with warranty and stuff :(

Being a thinking person, do not spend so much on something that is already outdated. Since it seems, u have the money to spend, go 64-Bit. Specifically, AMD Athlon 64FX or Opteron if you would. These are the most advanced processor for the mass market at this time. Do NOT go for P4 Emergency Edition(ooops! Extreme(??) pala hehehe) , its a waste of time.

AMD's 64-Bit Hybrid processors can process 32-Bit and 64-Bit instructions on a single environment. Intel's cant. Ergo, waste of money, investment, software development etc.

which means, you can run Doom3 on a Windows XP 64-Bit edition. (or Linux 64-Bit ed for that matter).

isn't that cool???

now, to speed it up, buy 2 Gigs of ram (1Gb x 2)

ATI Radeon 9800XT 256Mb

U320 146GB SCSI x 2 (with U320 SCSI controller of course)

ASUS E616 ATA100 DVD-ROM (or RW)

the Fastest Processor available

Thermaltake Xaser III (cool casing)

Alienware are better but their casing are quite hard to acquire since you need to buy the whole system.

www.Alienware.com

This will be the talk of the town on ANY LAN Party.

im sure. ;)

as for warranty, you can always ship it back there.

ATTENTION:

Guys i have already found the problem why my Internet Explorer isn't working!

There is a Trojan Virus name Trojan.Narat also known as Adware.Mpgcom. I Recently ran a full system scan on my computer using Norton Internet Security Pro with the latest virus definitions but i DID NOT find anything. I also tried the AVG anti-virus (also with the latest virus definitions) that one of the members suggested in here but it turns out to be Negative too.

Here is what i have done to resolve this problem. I first turn of system restore then i shut down my system and restart the pc thru Safe Mode/VGA Mode then i perform a system diagnostic to see what are the current applications and tasks that are running. i checked almost each and every task which are currently running but most of them are normal and belongs to the windows os and other software applications i've installed in my PC.

Then suddenly i noticed that there is an executable program named MSNARRATOR.EXE hidden on the backround which simultaneously started with the application IEXPLORE.exe (Internet Explorer).

I double checked all other programs which might triggered this .exe file but i didn't find the source so i suspected that this is a foriegn file which doesn't belong to my system.

I quickly "end process" and quarantined the said file using the quarantine feature of my Norton Internet Security and i submited the file to Symantec's Security Response Group for checking.

After a day of waiting i got a response from them confirming that the file i sent them is a CONFIRMED Trojan Virus. That same day they sent me a Removal Tool for the said virus and i succesfully removed the virus. also that day, they released a security updates dated 01/03/2004 for Norton Anti-Virus for the newly discovered trojan.

Symantec Security Response Group informed me that i might AUTOMATICALLY (without my knowledge) downloaded that Virus when i visited a "Certain" website and triggered it when i launched my Internet Explorer that caused my I.E to fail.

This is a WARNING to all of you that there is a NEW trojan in the wild that can cause your Interner Explorer to fail just what happened to mine.

Please SCAN your PC with the LATEST Virus Definitions and use a Firewall.

This is NOT a joke i am serious . You can read my earlier post asking for help on this thread to see the full story on what happened to my Internet Explorer. Im just giving you all a warning before it might happen to you!

AS I HAVE MENTIONED A WHILE AGO THE VIRUS DEFINITIONS HAS JUST BEEN CREATED LAST JANUARY 3 2004 BY SYMANTEC AFTER I SUBMITTED THE QUARANTINED FILE ON MY PC WHICH I SUSPECTED TO BE A VIRUS WHICH TURNS OUT TO BE POSITIVE. AND THIS NEW TROJAN HAS NOT BEEN DETECTED BY AVG ANTI-VIRUS.

PLEASE TAKE NECCESARY PRECAUTIONS!

I am currently coordinating with Symantec to backtrace the sites i have visited the night of 31th of december to get the source of the newly detected virus.

The Threat Level of this has been raised to Category 1 and fully changes its status from ADWARE to TROJAN VIRUS.

For more information about this please visit: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...are.mpgcom.html

Thank You!

-Ray

post-20-1073162889.gif

thanks for the info cyberray, I think you didn't turn on the

"use heuristics" setting of AVG. its off by default when u install the program.

saang sites ka ba kase nagpupupunta pre? hehehe.

Ingat tayong lahat sa viruses. I think a CIH variant is on its way. CIH trojans can render your HDD, motherboard, DVD/CD rom useless by flashing it's firmware with an erroneous flash file.

machine language I think ang language nito that's Im starting to study machine language kase sobrang interesting.

thanks for the info cyberray, I think you didn't turn on the

"use heuristics" setting of AVG. its off by default when u install the program.

saang sites ka ba kase nagpupupunta pre? hehehe.

Ingat tayong lahat sa viruses. I think a CIH variant is on its way. CIH trojans can render your HDD, motherboard, DVD/CD rom useless by flashing it's firmware with an erroneous flash file.

machine language I think ang language nito that's Im starting to study machine language kase sobrang interesting.

I did bro i have turn on the "use heuristics" the time i use the AVG to full system scan my PC. Same with my Norton Internet Security. The "BloodHound Heuristics" is set at the highest level that time. Both turned out to be negative. . .

Here are the list of some of the sites i'd visited and has been submited to Symantec.

www.yahoo.com

www.speedguide.net

www.cnn.com

www.pogo.com

www.pldtdsl.com

www.ajokeaday.com

www.manilatonight.com

www.addictmobile.com

www.free-computer-wallpapers.com

www.grisoft.com

www.pldtplay.com

www.xuno.com

Those are some of the sites that i have visited. Any one of them "may" be the source of the Trojan.

Until further and official notice from Symantec Please take neccesary precautions and use an Anti-Virus and Firewall prior to visiting one of those sites.

You may get your FREE Sygate Personal Firewall 5.5 if you still don't have one HERE

But if you don't even have an Anti-Virus Nor Firewall installed on your PC. I Fully recommend that you (Microsoft Windows Users) download and install this ALL-In-One EZ Armor Internet Security Suite (Anti-Virus + Firewall) Very similar to my Norton Internet Security Suite HERE

Thanks!

:mtc:

pahabol po, pa comment naman if this will be a good/compatible or possible PC set-up:

MoBo: Asus A7V8X-X or Asus A7V8X-MX

Processor : AMD Athlon XP2000 +

VidCard : SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9200SE ATLANTIS 128MB DDR TV-OUT 8X

Memory : Apacer 256MB PC333 DDR

SndCard : CREATIVE VIBRA 128 4CH

Fan : THERMALTAKE VOLCANO 7+ W/ SENSOR

thank guys for all the help.. galing talaga ng MTC!

pahabol po, pa comment naman if this will be a good/compatible or possible PC set-up:

get the Asus A7V8X KT400/agp-8x/s/l/u2 (has usb)

Saphire ATI Radeon 9200 Atlantis 128mb (se are clocked slower)

while your other choices are good... spring for some nice round ide cables and twist your powerlines for a clean look. dont forget the lighted exhaust fans for the case... :lol: :D :P (only green or blue!)

Paano malalaman kung factory locked ang multiplier?

..tagal ko ring di nakapagbasa dito ah...

the sure way to find right now is to check for the CPU tag ids...

all athlons after the week 39 '03 released are factory locked. even if you have a mobo that unlocks the multiplier settings, it won't work.

kaya sa mga balak dyan ng level 2-3 na overclocking, isep-isep muna....

to make a faster setup, try this:

ECS N2U400-A (much faster than Kt400. Dual channel memory and uses the best Athlon chipset available today, nVIDIA nFORCE2) only 3K i think.

change the memory to:

128MB x 2 or 256 x 2 DDR333. Winbond BH-6 is the best for this. even beats the DDR400 on overclocking capabilities.

dont get an "SE" card. But if u plan to upgrade soon, that will do for now.

Don't get the creative soundcard anymore. the onboard sound of nvidia is good enough.

the only soundcard worth the penny is the Audigy2 or Audigy2 ZS Platinum.

get another Thermaltake, Volcano7 is way too noisy, believe me, i sold mine.

or you can get the good one right now which is the Coolermaster Aero7+

guys sang PC shop ba maganda bumili ng PC parts? yung maaasahan mo kung magkaproblema man yung PC or yung parts na binili mo? (e.g. warranty, return/exchange policies and the like). I heard kasi na some shops in gilmore e nangloloko ng clients nila, specifically Dreamchum, Joshtech, PC Madness. totoo kaya yun? advise naman dyan from MTC computer experts, salamat po uli!

guys sang PC shop ba maganda bumili ng PC parts? yung maaasahan mo kung magkaproblema man yung PC or yung parts na binili mo? (e.g. warranty, return/exchange policies and the like). I heard kasi na some shops in gilmore e nangloloko ng clients nila, specifically Dreamchum, Joshtech, PC Madness. totoo kaya yun? advise naman dyan from MTC computer experts, salamat po uli!

pc express!

had no problem with them...