Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Guest oliverjohnholmes2

banned:

it really depends if merong cause for liability....

cyberlaw is still very much up in the air so to speak...although there are some US cases on the matter...di pa rin alam kung applicable here...

remember the ilove you virus creator...they hadproblems prosecuting him because of the absence of criminal law directly on the matter...malicious mischief lang ang naikaso nila...

i hope this helps...

oliverjohnholmes

thanks chunky for the important info.

my relatives are very much interested in the sale of rights and they want me to investigate if this association is for real. i have check their association in SEC and yes they are registered.

now, i want to verify the legality of their "title" on the land they are selling. is it the NHA? or Bureau of Land?

another thing is they have a receipt can i verify their tin number in BIR?

thanks!!!

Fallen:

It is very seldom (or I havent encountered any) that an association acquires title to a track of land they have occupied as squatters or forced settlers. Normally squatters asssociation are formed for the sole purpose of defying efforts at implementing forced eviction even with court orders.. they rest the burdeden of their housing needs in the lap of the government..

land rights, if not yet awarded to the actual occupiers of a squatted area are very dangerous... if you have money buy properties which have clean titles.. always.. always be wary of those who sell rights for normally.. they are bogus and are interested only in get-rich-quick schemes.. The City urban and housing developemtn office, the NHA are proper agencies who handle squatters problems and legitimacy of squatters housing organizations...

sayang pera mo

Butsoy

to the honorable lawyers of MTC Law Office:

i need someone who can execute a letter asking for child support. i believe that this isnt just about writing the letter per se, but pursuing action as well when the addressee does not acknowledge the request. but i also believe that such action entails a lot of funds, and unfortunately, that is one thing i have dont much of.

your replies will be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Ladydredd:

I need facts.. facts.. and nothing but facts.....libre demand letters dito sa MTC Law Firm... courtesy of our de campana lawyers.... hehehehehe (Hirap kampanilla... maliit lang tunog...)

Butsoy

hello to all...

i've recently registered a channel in dalnet for real-time live discussions for mtc members... bizman, by the way, has already been informed about this...

i want to know if there's anybody here who has had hands-on experience in managing a channel... if so, pls PM me for details and if you are interested to take part in this project... thanks!! :)

btw, what scripts are good for channel management???

hello to all...

i've recently registered a channel in dalnet for real-time live discussions for mtc members... bizman, by the way, has already been informed about this...

i want to know if there's anybody here who has had hands-on experience in managing a channel... if so, pls PM me for details and if you are interested to take part in this project... thanks!! :)

btw, what scripts are good for channel management???

wow ok yan ah.

pero sa dalnet? ang higpit ng dalnet when connecting to their servers.

ano yung channel name? never been an admin in irc btw.

Guest oliverjohnholmes2

my relatives are very much interested in the sale of rights and they want me to investigate if this association is for real. i have check their association in SEC and yes they are registered.

now, i want to verify the legality of their "title" on the land they are selling. is it the NHA? or Bureau of Land?

thanks!!!

Fallen:

It is very seldom (or I havent encountered any) that an association acquires title to a track of land they have occupied as squatters or forced settlers. Normally squatters asssociation are formed for the sole purpose of defying efforts at implementing forced eviction even with court orders.. they rest the burdeden of their housing needs in the lap of the government..

land rights, if not yet awarded to the actual occupiers of a squatted area are very dangerous... if you have money buy properties which have clean titles.. always.. always be wary of those who sell rights for normally.. they are bogus and are interested only in get-rich-quick schemes.. The City urban and housing developemtn office, the NHA are proper agencies who handle squatters problems and legitimacy of squatters housing organizations...

sayang pera mo

Butsoy

fallen:

seconding Busoy's able discourse, it would probably serve best to determine the validity of the association's supposed ownership...

SEC registration is for the purpose of creating legal personality. Thus, any group of individuals can form a body politic and register themselves to become an artificial entity with legal rights and personality. What is important to determine if the acts of the corporation is within the allowable acts of the legal entity created by examining their articles of incorporation...

there are squatter's groups that have been formed to acquire the lands where their houses are currently situated. They most often than not base their claim on possession and further their claim on acquisitive prescription. This means since they physically possess the land for a number of years, they claim that their physical occupancy has borne fruit a right of ownership over the said property.

Unfortunately, our system in the Philippines is not based on possession, which only creates a presumptive right. The true basis of ownership is the Torrens titling system. This is based on the regalian doctrine that all lands are owned by the State, and ownership is vested upon the individuals so named in a title issued by the state. Thus, it is not physical possession which governs, but the documentary evidence which would be proffered. That is why it is called a Transfer Certificate of Title, and its effect is that only one legal entity can own the land. When the property is transferred by sale or operation of law, then the old title is cancelled and a new one issued to the new owner, serving notice to all as to the true owner of the land.Only duly authorized government entities can issue this document in rem.

The rights, as i glean from your query, are issued by these associations. These are private documents which supposedly affect the ownership, or if not use of the land in question. Documents such as these can only affect these public documents when the same is duly recognized by the state and must stand on the basis of a right. If these associations can issue you at least a photocopy of the TCT of the land with thir rights duly annotated at the back of the original, then they may have rights to sell. But this must first be verified in the Register of Deeds where the property is located, or better yet at the Land Registration Authority to see if the document is real...But if they insist on merely the signing of a private document, even if later on notarized, it will not affect the title which the rights are supposedly affected because tof the absence of recognition by the issuing authorities. if they have a lawful judgement in favor if the property was litigated, then they have a right...sometimes, they even use the statement that the DENR would grant the lands to them, or the some government official has promised to them, but these are mere salestalk and cannot form basis for a right...just a word of caution, in the absence of any title clearly stating their rights issued by the government authority with jurisdiction over the property, then these individuals are selling you just a piece of paper...

just my two cents worth...i hope it helps...

oliverjohnholmes

Edited by Macy
wow ok yan ah.

pero sa dalnet? ang higpit ng dalnet when connecting to their servers.

ano yung channel name? never been an admin in irc btw.

matsutsu, check out my signature... :)

it's manila2nyt. pero wla pang tao dun eh, so kung gusto nyong mag-live discussion with fellow mtc members, invited kayo dun... :)

spread the word please... :)

Panyero's:

Sino available sa Friday Dec. 19 5:oopm for a christmas get together? and law partner's toast.... kita kita tayo sa Starbucks Podium (or any suggested place) lahat ng tumutulong sa MTC Legal Aid ay partner...

pass the info....

Butsoy

will certainly try to be there, especially since i'm new here, pañero.

QUOTE (fallen_angel_M @ Dec 15 2003, 09:02 PM)

thanks!!!

Fallen:

sayang pera mo

Butsoy

fallen:

seconding Busoy's able discourse, it would probably serve best to determine the validity of the association's supposed ownership...

SEC registration is for the purpose of creating legal personality. Thus, any group of individuals can form a body politic and register themselves to become an artificial entity with legal rights and personality. What is important to determine if the acts of the corporation is within the allowable acts of the legal entity created by examining their articles of incorporation...

there are squatter's groups that have been formed to acquire the lands where their houses are currently situated. They most often than not base their claim on possession and further their claim on acquisitive prescription. This means since they physically possess the land for a number of years, they claim that their physical occupancy has borne fruit a right of ownership over the said property.

Unfortunately, our system in the Philippines is not based on possession, which only creates a presumptive right. The true basis of ownership is the Torrens titling system. This is based on the regalian doctrine that all lands are owned by the State, and ownership is vested upon the individuals so named in a title issued by the state. Thus, it is not physical possession which governs, but the documentary evidence which would be proffered. That is why it is called a Transfer Certificate of Title, and its effect is that only one legal entity can own the land. When the property is transferred by sale or operation of law, then the old title is cancelled and a new one issued to the new owner, serving notice to all as to the true owner of the land.Only duly authorized government entities can issue this document in rem.

The rights, as i glean from your query, are issued by these associations. These are private documents which supposedly affect the ownership, or if not use of the land in question. Documents such as these can only affect these public documents when the same is duly recognized by the state and must stand on the basis of a right. If these associations can issue you at least a photocopy of the TCT of the land with thir rights duly annotated at the back of the original, then they may have rights to sell. But this must first be verified in the Register of Deeds where the property is located, or better yet at the Land Registration Authority to see if the document is real...But if they insist on merely the signing of a private document, even if later on notarized, it will not affect the title which the rights are supposedly affected because tof the absence of recognition by the issuing authorities. if they have a lawful judgement in favor if the property was litigated, then they have a right...sometimes, they even use the statement that the DENR would grant the lands to them, or the some government official has promised to them, but these are mere salestalk and cannot form basis for a right...just a word of caution, in the absence of any title clearly stating their rights issued by the government authority with jurisdiction over the property, then these individuals are selling you just a piece of paper...

just my two cents worth...i hope it helps...

oliverjohnholmes

just to supplement...another way to validate their supposed "rights" is if they had been religiously paying the "amilyar" or real property tax due on the lots that they are selling.

you may likewise validate/check this with the City/ Municipality Assessor's Office

Panyero's:

Sino available sa Friday Dec. 19 5:oopm for a christmas get together? and law partner's toast.... kita kita tayo sa Starbucks Podium (or any suggested place) lahat ng tumutulong sa MTC Legal Aid ay partner...

pass the info....

Butsoy

chief butsoy,

i'm afraid me xmas party din po ang office namin on that sked..anyway i wish to extend to alll cumpañeros a very happy christmas and may we all have a prosperous 2004 year ahead of us !!! :santa: :santa: :santa:

mga legal guys!!,

musta sa lahat!! in behalf of my officemates, i would like to ask if we have a case against our company if they will conduct some layoffs. there are rumors spreading around of the supposed layoffs to be done next year. but these are not just rumors, someone got the info from one of the higher officers.

to give you a background of our company, we are engaged in telecommunications services and is a subsidiary of the giant telecomm company in our country. but we do not share the same benefits enjoyed by our mother company. Our company is not losing and is neither gaining. and their solution........get rid of some personnel!!! :grr: :grr: :grr:

There would be an offer to the unfortunate ones but the money is not enough even to start a small business. for some of us that have been in the company for about 3 years eh less than 100thousand lang makukuha. ano yun?

Can DOLE help us? we still don't know who will be laid off but the numbers are known.

by the way, we don't have a union..... :( :( :(

can somebody help my friend....

she has signed a contract with an travel and promotions agency for which she is due to go to japan, unfortunately she became pregnant and was not able to leave on her scheduled departure, now she is being ask to pay the full amount of all the processing and documentations (including Airfare). Is there any possiblity that she will not pay the full amount or just pay in terms.

Thank You

can somebody help my friend....

she has signed a contract with an travel and promotions agency for which she is due to go to japan, unfortunately she became pregnant and was not able to leave on her scheduled departure, now she is being ask to pay the full amount of all the processing and documentations (including Airfare). Is there any possiblity that she will not pay the full amount or just pay in terms.

Thank You

it would really depend on the terms and conditions of the contract she signed,, so we can see the obligations of each party. is it possible forr us to have a copy of the contract, or at least the basic conditions?

Good afternoon lawyers..... in behalf of the 36 and up Age Group.... we would like to invite you to have lunch with us in Megamall on Dec. 19th... venue will be posted soon.... I heard that you will hold your Christmas get together on the same day.... maybe we can converge our EBs???? ;)

Edited by Macy
Good afternoon lawyers..... in behalf of the 36 and up Age Group.... we would like to invite you to have lunch with us in Megamall on Dec. 19th... venue will be posted soon.... I heard that you will hold your Christmas get together on the same day.... maybe we can converge our EBs???? ;)

WOULD LOVE TO JOIN U!!!!!!!!!!!! PLS ADVICE SOONEST!

Edited by Macy
Guest oliverjohnholmes2

poor tao:

all that can be done is wait and see...the plan of action would base mainly on how your company conducts the rumored layoffs, and the reasons for it....

what needs be done is that as soon as your company implements the rumours, document each and every act undertaken on each person affected...there would be strength in numbers...

what kind of subsidiary? is it wholly owned corp by the mother company? is it a joint venture or a partnership with another company? do try to obtain articles of incorporation of your company...for your lawyer's purposes if and when push comes to shove....

i hope this helps...

hi guys info naman about the place wer i can buy cheap pc...

how much the cost for desktop pc?

Maganda rin ba ang Athlon XP compared to P4?

Hope to hear you guys...thanks :mtc: :rolleyes:

pc express is the place to go dude!

settle for an athlon xp! with the extra money saved instead of buying a p4, you could get a faster cpu, a big harddrive, a better vdo card(radeon), a cdr, a printer, a nice monitor(samsung), or additional ram...

20k would be quite satisfactory! 17k and youll be surfing in no time...

:mtc:

post-20-1071732542.gif

thanks for the invitation ms. macy...where in megamall exactly?

poor tao:

all that can be done is wait and see...the plan of action would base mainly on how your company conducts the rumored layoffs, and the reasons for it....

what needs be done is that as soon as your company implements the rumours, document each and every act undertaken on each person affected...there would be strength in numbers...

what kind of subsidiary? is it wholly owned corp by the mother company? is it a joint venture or a partnership with another company? do try to obtain articles of incorporation of your company...for your lawyer's purposes if and when push comes to shove....

i hope this helps...

thanks for your reply.

our company is about 90% owned by the mother company. but we still maintain a separate identity as the mother company.

the mother company has a big and powerful union force. we are looking at the posibility of being adopted into that force. can a small number of rank-and-file employees form a union? the supposed layoffs is scheduled by the first quarter next year. we are really in need of protection from the unjust practices of our company. we don't know who are the ones who would be laid off.

we had a meeting with our immediate superior this afternoon, and he admitted that there is really a proposed lay offs next year. we asked why, he did not gave a definite answer. though he admitted that the company is not losing money. in fact, it is gaining. then why? he said it is the decision of the mother company.