Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Tanong abt printers:

Ano mas matipid na printer base dun sa comsume ng ink?

Sa mga may net cafe dyan....ano ba yung printer na gamit nyo?

inkjet or laser?

If you're printing in color, I would recommend using a printer that uses individual tanks for each (cyan, magenta, yellow). It is cheaper to replace the inks. This type of printer has a higher up-front cost but has a lower operating cost over the projected lifetime of the printer.

For example, one printer brand's cheapest printer only costs P 2,500 but each replacement cartridge costs almost P 1,000. Purchasing a complete set of one color and one black cartridge is almost equivalent to buying a new printer (P 2,200). If you factor in the depreciated cost of the printer at the point in time when you will be buying the replacement cartridges, they would be more expensive than the current printer's value. IMHO, you would probably be better off buying a new one.

commercial tayo muna....

on another matter: have you heard that the proposal to remove value added tax on legal services (ergo good for us lawyers) has been approved by the legislative bicam. committee already...

actually the lawyer legislators quietly slipped in the VAT exemption (as it had been removed last year) alongside that of our noble doctors..

buti na lang madaming abugadong mambabatas...he he

commercial tayo muna....

on another matter: have you heard that the proposal to remove value added tax on legal services (ergo good for us lawyers) has been approved by the legislative bicam. committee already...

actually the lawyer legislators quietly slipped in the VAT exemption (as it had been removed last year) alongside that of our noble doctors..

Lion:

paki post mo nga yung details....HB No. and if possible san ma do down load ang text ng bill...

Butsoy

commercial tayo muna....

Lion:

paki post mo nga yung details....HB No. and if possible san ma do down load ang text ng bill...

Butsoy

Gud Afternoon pañeros. This is my first post so consider this as my Entry of Appearance. Kudos to all who started and maintain this forum.

Tutal u r answering queries from the uninitiated baka naman pwedeng i-entertain na rin ang fellow member of the bar. Here goes:

1. Saan ba ang pinakamura na MCLE seminar na d naman kalayuan sa residence ko sa QC and how much. 18 units pa lang ang nakuha ko (i think) during the last IBP national convention. (Wud any of u by any chance know the name of the speaker for environmental laws. He is that Cebu-based lawyer who i feel was the best speaker on that event).

2. Is it true that the U.S. embassy accredits notaries public? I was previously told by a former partner that a document notarized by a non-accredited notary public will not be duly recognized by the U.S. embassy.

3. Napasyal na ba kayo sa MTC Malabon? Cute yung PAO lawyer na detailed dun ah. Meron ba senyong nakakakilala sa kanya. Dalaga ba yun?

4. and, Last, but definitely not the least (this query may appear misplaced, but hey, this is a legal thread, and the question does not involve anything illegal :lol: ) tip lang. may alam ba kayong BAR (no pun intended) of course dapat may GRO, na may afternoon delight. Umiiwas kasi akong gumimik ng gabi dahil inaabot tuloy ako ng madaling araw, tapos pag uwi di pa ako makatulog agad kasi I have to satisfactorily answer the cross examination.

Yun lang po muna. naway masagot nyo sa madaling panahon ang aking katanungan.

Permission to leave, your Honor.

tanong ko lang po kasi lagi nagrerestart pc ko..xp pro gamit kong os..amd xp 2000 tpos redfox mothrboard,128 mb ram,as laging ganon.wat will i do?

mejo vague yung desc mo abt restart.

some more info:

1. is ur system working ok before?

2. what changes u made prior to restart problem? (new software, new hardware)

3. any application you opened that triggers the restart?

:)

Panyerong Jimmy:

1. Saan ba ang pinakamura na MCLE seminar na d naman kalayuan sa residence ko sa QC and how much. 18 units pa lang ang nakuha ko (i think) during the last IBP national convention. (Wud any of u by any chance know the name of the speaker for environmental laws. He is that Cebu-based lawyer who i feel was the best speaker on that event).

Wala ng mura ngayon panyero... hehehehe wag kang mag tipd... Sa UP may on gpoing MCLE punta ka

2. Is it true that the U.S. embassy accredits notaries public? I was previously told by a former partner that a document notarized by a non-accredited notary public will not be duly recognized by the U.S. embassy.

Maari...they are governed by their own law on notary public... you can inquire from them

3. Napasyal na ba kayo sa MTC Malabon? Cute yung PAO lawyer na detailed dun ah. Meron ba senyong nakakakilala sa kanya. Dalaga ba yun?

Pagalitan ka ni City Prosecutor Jorge Catalan... kaya lubayan mo sya... hahahahaha

4. and, Last, but definitely not the least (this query may appear misplaced, but hey, this is a legal thread, and the question does not involve anything illegal ) tip lang. may alam ba kayong BAR (no pun intended) of course dapat may GRO, na may afternoon delight. Umiiwas kasi akong gumimik ng gabi dahil inaabot tuloy ako ng madaling araw, tapos pag uwi di pa ako makatulog agad kasi I have to satisfactorily answer the cross examination.

you will never be a good lawyer if you cannot survive the cross-examination of your wife... dapat magaling ka dyan..

As to the environmental lawyer... He is Tony Oposa... kasama ko sya sa Environment at sya ang Chairperson ngayon ng National Environmental Action Team ng IBP... nag trabaho din ako dati sa law office nya.

Butsoy

tanong ko lang po kasi lagi nagrerestart pc ko..xp pro gamit kong os..amd xp 2000 tpos redfox mothrboard,128 mb ram,as laging ganon.wat will i do?

dark angel you might already be hit by a worm or something, do you usually log on to the internet using ur pc? try to patch ur OS, look for microsoft's update site or type in wormblaster and do a search for a patch or update of your antivirus program. frequent restarting of windows xp is a symptom of the wormblaster, what say you jupiter/matsutsu?

based from experience, medio problematic talaga ang Redfox. we jokingly call it deadfox coz it normally dies. I suggest, you sell it before it dies in your hands and lose your precious investment.

anyway, the software level first:

1. see if there's a worm or virus. NAV2003/4 or AVG is currently the best that i had used against this.

2. To save ur time, back up your data and remount your partition. Install XP Pro once again.

3. In case ur using a not so legit copy of xp, see if it's well cracked. coz if its not, its most likely to do that.

4. check about software incompatibilities.

now, the hardware level:

1. check your DRAM physically for busted or burnt components, next, the mobo, the vidcard.

2. check your jumper connections.

3. see if there's a foreign object lightly shorting the circuitry.

4. check ur PSU.

If u find it complicated, save ur self some time, click my nick and get my cellphone number from my profile and call me. Ill fix it for you. Provided u are within MM, all that u have to do is cook spaghetti for me.

;)

based from experience, medio problematic talaga ang Redfox. we jokingly call it deadfox coz it normally dies. I suggest, you sell it before it dies in your hands and lose your precious investment.

anyway, the software level first:

1. see if there's a worm or virus. NAV2003/4 or AVG is currently the best that i had used against this.

2. To save ur time, back up your data and remount your partition. Install XP Pro once again.

3. In case ur using a not so legit copy of xp, see if it's well cracked. coz if its not, its most likely to do that.

4. check about software incompatibilities.

now, the hardware level:

1. check your DRAM physically for busted or burnt components, next, the mobo, the vidcard.

2. check your jumper connections.

3. see if there's a foreign object lightly shorting the circuitry.

4. check ur PSU.

If u find it complicated, save ur self some time, click my nick and get my cellphone number from my profile and call me. Ill fix it for you. Provided u are within MM, all that u have to do is cook spaghetti for me.

;)

vicaneer, you may be correct about the worm blaster! coz when i first set up my pc with just pc-cillin as anti virus protection, i got it like three times before switching to mcafee...

same symptoms as described! it'll give out this warning for a fault and shutdown. even if you tried, it will still shut down, until you do a repartition of the hardrive erases everything! including the worm, and do a re install of all your os and softwares, which really is time consuming, plus re download all hotfixes and upgrades...hayyyy :(

now i repartitioned my drive, my upgrade installers, downloads, are in drive d, while all os programs on c...plus the latest mcafee dat files auto downloaded thru the net.

sori dark angel ha! better cook spaghetti for jupiter and have you pc fixed!

i can do it too, but for a yellow cab new york's finest pizza... :lol: :D :P

:mtc:

post-20-1068897973.gif

Maaring bad copy ang nakuha mong installer ng xp. Most likely reason is there might be hardware incompatibilities.

Try mo reformat disk mo and reinstall one by one yung driveres and software mo and then restart everytime you finish installing your drivers and software. Kung anong huling na install mo na nag cause ng problem maaaring yun ang casue ng frequent auto restaring ng pc mo.

QUESTION TO LAWYERS: Normally, how long does a marriage annulment case last starting from the time it was filed? Thanks for the answer in advance

pareng hitman,

the resolution of marriage annulment/nullity cases can be affected by many factors - number of cases that the court is handling, efficiency of the presiding judge and counsel, response time of the office of the solicitor general, etc.

here in cebu, a rough figure would be within 6 mos to 1 year.

hope that helps a bit.

chunky

since divorce is not legal here...u can either have the marriage declared null and void or you can ask for legal separation.

legal separation is merely seperation from bed and board.

the most common ground for annulment is Article 36 of Family COde or psychological incapacity...

hmmmm mejo limot ko na family code ko eh...pro i'll brush up tpos i'll inform u ok? :cool:

may binili akong CD dito.

kakaiba....parang lumang plaka.

all are in black pati yung likod ng CD.

benq and philips sells a similar type pero yung likod ay indi black.

mejo mahirap lagyan ng label sa harap kasi may mga rings.

here is the pix.

mejo may kamahalan compare sa ordinary cd.

may ganito na ba sa pinas?

post-20-1069048609.jpg

here is the pix.

meron black parehong side. pero d pa ko nakakakita ng me rings na parang plaka.

pareng hitman,

the resolution of marriage annulment/nullity cases can be affected by many factors - number of cases that the court is handling, efficiency of the presiding judge and counsel, response time of the office of the solicitor general, etc.

here in cebu, a rough figure would be within 6 mos to 1 year.

hope that helps a bit.

chunky

Chunky: Thanks a lot for the info!

vicaneer- if your in the makati area, sa makati square they have this "graphics designer volume 1" disc @ 150p.

it got acdsee, adobe photoshop 7, macromedia freehand 10, corel draw 10, macromedia dreamweaver mx 6, macromedia flash mx, macromedia flash player, adobe pagemill 3, Adobe photo deluxe 4, quark xpress5, kpt effects 7

and the good news is it got the magic numbers you want, all of it!

matsutsu- they have the same disc here dude! available at cdr-king for 11p! mahirap nga lagyan ng labels yan...

i saw the casio cd label maker- the one that prints on the cd itself! somewhere in park square...

post-20-1069076945.gif

here is the pix.

Ngayon lang ako nakakita nito ha.

Ok yung design ng cd. I think that kind is rare here.