Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

:mtc:  :mtc:

thanks. i plan to buy lcd so that i can sell it. recover the cost only of lcd para di sayang. will scrounge the greenhills area first.

recommend any laptop? budget around 50k pero this one should last me about 3 years.

I have an ASUS Degatto 1500, I've had it for 7 months, I'm using it as my server in my computer shop, first to be opened and last to be closed, average use per day is 15 hours! Take note, it has crashed on me a few times, probably less than 5 times.

It runs on XP pro, by the way.

I recommend it, but only to those who do not need a very protable laptop. The Degatto is around 1.5 inches thick and quite heavy.

ayus yun ah.....laptop as server.

:lol:

the cause of death of a patient rushed to a hospital was stabbed and gunshot wounds. but, the relatives of the patient did not want to have the body autopsied. thus, the hospital required the relatives to sign a document stating that they refused to have it autopsied. would the relatives be able to file a case against the hospital for not insisting an autopsy operation on the body? if yes, would the hospital be liable?

thanks so much!

re: the davide impeachment

the ration de etre on the word "initiated" raised by justice maambong in his disourse on the interpretation is indeed very enlightening. the framers of the constitution are in the best position to say what the pivotal verb really means under our fundamental law.

what however bothers me more than the procedural issue is the question of sufficiency in substance. what transpired merely was the existence of alleged complaint by 'disguntled' court employees on the use of the JDF, a resolution to refer the matter to the House Justice Committee, the letters requiring the SC, CA justices and personnel to furnish the committee of all financial documents (from receipts to disbursement vauchers) relating to the JDF and put them under oath, then a letter from Davide to De Venecia stating that the constitutuional body exclusively tasked under the Constitution to audit the Supreme Court on all its expenses (including the JDF) is the COA and therefore the Committee's inquiry on the JDF runs afoul with the constitutional guarantee of 'Separation of Powers', then finally, the 87 or so NPC and LAKAS signatures impeaching the Chief Justice.

in fine, with the denial of their letters requiring the production under oath of the desired financhial documents, the pro-impeachment congressmen, still do not have a firm hold of sufficient evidence pointing to the misuse of the JDF. have they conducted a full-blown inquiry on the COA regarding its audit report on the JDF use? fuentabella et al still have to come up with concrete evidence to substiate their affirmative allegations of misuse in order to support a prima facie case against the Chief Justice to warrant an impeachment trial.

it is my humble contention that these congressmen were just too pissed off by Davide's refusal to surrender the High Court's dignity to the whipping power of the purse wielded by congress and now attempted to be excercised by just 87 or so self-rightous congressmen. why don't they lead by example by placing under oath a report of all receipts and disubursement vouchers of all the pork barrel they enjoy annually?

now, these pro-impeachment congressmen want to place the Chief Justice on trial for the latter to prove his negative assertion and thereby clear his name.

i just somehow feel something is wrong with this idea....

:mtc: :mtc:

any you guys know where bambros the asus place is? people tell me they open 1 in megamall. any1 confirm?

bro, i haven't seen a stall of Banbros yet. Distributor kasi sila, if they would have a stall to sell their items, that would be directly disrespectful to their dealer's view point.

btw, i sell laptops naman, i might be able to help you get rid of your laptop.

just send me the brand and model of your laptop and ill try to search a similar LCD from my peers.

good luck. =)

the cause of death of a patient rushed to a hospital was stabbed and gunshot wounds. but, the relatives of the patient did not want to have the body autopsied. thus, the hospital required the relatives to sign a document stating that they refused to have it autopsied. would the relatives be able to file a case against the hospital for not insisting an autopsy operation on the body? if yes, would the hospital be liable?

thanks so much!

KAPATID NA MYSHKIN, 'yung pag-conduct ng AUTOPSY, kapag hindi by natural means ang cause ng pagkamatay, as in this particular case, hindi discretionary on the part of the hospital. DUTY 'yan ng hospital to conduct.

Pero tell me, if I understand your facts correctly, are the relatives who insisted not to have an autopsy are the same ones who are now seeking to hold the HOSPITAL LIABLE for not insisting upon the AUTOPSY? Kung ganun, hindi yata sila ang proper party kasi they are the very reason why the HOSPITAL failed to conduct the autopsy in the first place. Generally, it is not fair for those who have caused a wrong to benefit from that wrong. The law shall not come to their aid. Maybe, we need more facts as to the gravity or severity of the influence, force or intimidation that the relatives exerted upon the hospital before we can make a more accurate assessment on the degree of diligence that it exercised, and ulitmately, to determine the liability of the concerned officials or of the medical institution, as a whole.

Yun nga lang, hindi pa rin makakaiwas sa liability ang hospital for refusing to do a PUBLIC DUTY that is required by law. Mababawasan lang pero hindi pa rin lusot.

gud day sir............ nagset ba kayo ng civil wedding??? how much will it cost? ung ala seminar na. coz it needed asap...... thanks sir....

PARENG IZZECOH, ang alam ko, walang bayad kapag nagpakasal ka before the Mayor. Pero may processing fee ang Application for a Marriage License. And the price for that varies from one City to the next. BUT if the couple is living together exclusively as husband and wife for the last five years, immediately preceding the wedding ceremony, at walang legal impediment to marry (meaning: hindi sila magkapatid or previously married to other persons) EXEMPT sila sa Marriage License Requirement.

Sorry, hindi ko alam kung saan walang Seminar.

Sir,

Ako po may padating na legal problem about................. it's a little personal e.  If ever how much is your retainer?  Baka pwedeng pro bono? :unsure:

PARENG DAMONZON, in the tradition of the MTC Legal Thread, PRO BONO lahat dito... so feel free to consult anytime. If you are too shy to share your problem, pick your lawyer, and then PM them so that you may be given the proper legal advice in regard to your problem. Reminder lang to please make your inquiry as detailed as possible because the quality of legal response that you will get, will greatly depend on the FACTS that you will supply. You cannot withhold vital information and expect a correct assessment and recommendation. ;)

So PARE, how may we be of help to you? :)

Edited by bunjee
re: the davide impeachment

the ration de etre on the word "initiated" raised by justice maambong in his disourse on the interpretation is indeed very enlightening. the framers of the constitution are in the best position to say what the pivotal verb really means under our fundamental law.

what however bothers me more than the procedural issue is the question of sufficiency in substance. what transpired merely was the existence of alleged complaint by 'disguntled' court employees on the use of the JDF, a resolution to refer the matter to the House Justice Committee, the letters requiring the SC, CA justices and personnel to furnish the committee of all financial documents (from receipts to disbursement vauchers) relating to the JDF and put them under oath, then a letter from Davide to De Venecia stating that the constitutuional body exclusively tasked under the Constitution to audit the Supreme Court on all its expenses (including the JDF) is the COA and therefore the Committee's inquiry on the JDF runs afoul with the constitutional guarantee of 'Separation of Powers', then finally, the 87 or so NPC and LAKAS signatures impeaching the Chief Justice.

in fine, with the denial of their letters requiring the production under oath of the desired financhial documents, the pro-impeachment congressmen, still do not have a firm hold of sufficient evidence pointing to the misuse of the JDF. have they conducted a full-blown inquiry on the COA regarding its audit report on the JDF use? fuentabella et al still have to come up with concrete evidence to substiate their affirmative allegations of misuse in order to support a prima facie case against the Chief Justice to warrant an impeachment trial.

it is my humble contention that these congressmen were just too pissed off by Davide's refusal to surrender the High Court's dignity to the whipping power of the purse wielded by congress and now attempted to be excercised by just 87 or so self-rightous congressmen. why don't they lead by example by placing under oath a report of all receipts and disubursement vouchers of all the pork barrel they enjoy annually?

now, these pro-impeachment congressmen want to place the Chief Justice on trial for the latter to prove his negative assertion and thereby clear his name.

i just somehow feel something is wrong with this idea....

Tama ka, PARENG CHUNKY! Saludo kami sa iyo.

KUDOS sa lahat ng SC Justices for a well-researched and eloquently-written decision that infused a sense of order in the minds of those who wish to subvert the rule of law. B)

guys!

do those download accelarators really work?

do they speed up my internet surfing as well?

i have download accelarator program DAP...

whats your say in this?

I used them before pero I don't see any browsing/download improvement.

If you want to download big files, then use P2P.

They have vast collection of files and it will try to get the same file from diff sources.

May resume fxn para pag na-discon, pwede download ulit kung saan naputol.

Unlike downloading from browser, kapag naputol ulit sa start.

Besides, some web sites won't let u use the download accl.

They will ask u to disable it first.

:mtc:

KUDOS sa lahat ng SC Justices for a well-researched and eloquently-written decision that infused a sense of order in the minds of those who wish to subvert the rule of law. B)

thanks pareng bunjee....

and my praises to the Supreme Court Justices who chose to bite the bullet and decisively took full responsiblity over the Constitutional Impasse ... at least now we know that some people still do their jobs and opting to do em right.

thanks pareng bunjee....

and my praises to the Supreme Court Justices who chose to bite the bullet and decisively took full responsiblity over the Constitutional Impasse ... at least now we know that some people still do their jobs and opting to do em right.

Jupiter, thanks ha...

by the way, nabasa mo ba yung posting ko dito about my problem installing XP on my desktop?

you're welcome bro.

yes, I did. I answered it diba? Try to see kung may physical damage and PC mo. internally. sa akin kase before ganon ang prob. may sunog na surface mount capacitor sa Mem stick. Samsung lang kase yun eh.

pero nung pinalitan ko ng Kingmax ok na. Pangit lang sa kingmax hindi overclockable.

Panyeros:

I like all your comments on the Davide Impeachment issue.... It’s a nice thing that you are fully aware of the great test to our country's democratic institutions... my concerns though are:

1. At the back of the curtain of that fantastic super road-show presentation, Davide will certainly be indebted to those politicians who sided with him and helped him nip that impeachment brouhaha. What will happen to cases of national importance pending before the Supreme Court and those about to come? Can we still expect an impartial Supreme Court, a blindfolded lady justice?

2. Without delving into the substance of the impeachable offenses of Erap and Davide, the impeachment process was applied diversely for Erap and for Davide... while Erap’s impeachment was railroaded by the Congressmen who preferred to ride on the unpopularity of Erap by way of media hype, Davide’s impeachment was “off-roaded” by the Congressmen and politicians who want to ride on the popularity of the issue again by way of media hype. It portrays and highlighted the immaturity of our political system where politics of personalty and patronage still prevail than politics of issues and national interest.

3. The Filipino poor, the “masa” who doesnt understand what form of legalesse the political leaders applied and used on the Erap and Davide impeachment issues, will only wonder with greater apathy thinking that this government is not for them but for the rich, the famous and the few (the 100 families 97% of them are Spanish Mestizo’s, American’s, Chinese, Hindu’s and other foreign sounding surnames) who control the wealth of the nation.

4. The resolution of the justiciability of the issues on impeachment proceedings in favor of Chief Justice Davide displays likewise the kind of judicial arrogance of the justices (which was concurred in by the political leaders in the guise of avoiding a constitutional crisis)

How can the justices vote against their own chief justice? Were it possible for them to adopt a hands-off policy and yield to the Impeachment Court (The Senate irregardless of whether there are nincompoops in the pack) to decide on the issues? In common street jargon "Lutong makaw na yan"

The core issue of the impeachment is not on whether the 86 or so Congressmen committed grave mistake (or abuse of discretion) in passing the impeachment complaint, nor does it rest on whether “filing” and “initiating” are one and the same or a different kind of insect. The very important issue which was sideswept in this impeachment brouhaha is "Who should have decided those issues raised, considering that impeachment is a political issue? Was the Supreme Court credible in deciding it considering that the one in the hot seat is their Supremo, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court? Could the Supreme Court have decided consistently if the one in the hotseat was any other impeachable constitutional officers of the country? or should those issues have been left to the sapient decision of the Impeachment Court?

It is of no moment if the decision on the fate of an illustrious legal luminary and considered as one of the pillars and best mind in the judiciary today, will be placed in the hands of the likes of Jaworski, Revilla, Oreta, de Castro etc...(after all the Filipino people voted for them for a fee of Php500.00 per vote more or less)The greater issue is which institution should have decided on those issues facing the impeachment proceedings... Is it the Supreme Court or the Impeachment Court. Fellow apostles of the law, read the strings of local and US jurisprudence on this matter.

We can only mature as a nation if we learn to act not for the good of the few, the rich and the famous, but, if , as a Filipino nation, we will learn to apply the even hand of the law and strike the sword of the blindfolded lady justice to whoever and wherever it should rightfully and justiciably fall hard, all in the interest of the Filipino nation---Country first before self.

As lawyers we should not act like leaves of a tree which go wherever the strong wind sweep them to be, we should remember that as disciples of law, we are expected to have gained an independent and probing mind enough, if not overflowing, to decipher or to determine what is moral, just, lawful and right.

In my own personal two cents opinion, the justices of Supreme Court should have swallowed the bitter pill of hands-off policy, and should have allowed the course of impeachment proceedings run its natural procedural flow and conceded to the Impeachment Court the power to decide on those issues raised including the flaws committed by the initiators and instigators, prior to the formal impeachment trial of the almighty Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Can we kindly look back and forward, and see if we’re heading for the dogs? Why is it that our current situation has already driven the likes of Panfilo Villaruel to pick-up the unsharpened saber of Don Quixote and storm the Quixotic NAIA Airport Tower?

Delicadeza like common sense is not so common now a days... no wonder!

Isn’t it wise for the Chief Justice to resign now?

What ever it is...and lawyers as we are... we should always be prepared to agree to disagree.

But mind you guys... I admire Davide as a scholar of law.

Butsoy