Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Hi :)

I got a question to ask about Republic Act No. 9225 or the Dual Citizenship Law which takes effect tomorrow.

Can anyone provide any helpful information about it? I read the Act itself but not I couldn't find any Implementing Rules and Regulations.

I'd like to know if there is a "catch" to this. Like if someone avails of this dual citizenship, would he/she be liable to pay dual taxes too?

Thanks for any help. I would really appreciate it.

Dark angel, can you please e-mail me the law itself or PM me the full text of the law. I need it for my file. Thanks.

good morning to the lawyers of the house!

this question popped out sa "legalize divorce" thread. but actually, the question was about annulment here it goes:

in annulment, the idea is "there was no marriage" in the first place. am i right? if there was no marriage, does this mean that their kids (if ever they had during their "marriage") are illegitimate?

hope you guys can help.

thanks in advance! ;)

you have to distinguish pare

merong void marriage and voidable marriage.

void-inexistent ang marriage from time of performance

voidable-valid ang marriage until annulled by competent court

void-children are illegitimate subject to xceptions (legitimate ang children under art 36 of family code -void marriage because of psychological incapacity/legitimate din under Art 53-second marriage of a widow or widower who has not delivered to his or her children by his or her fisrt marriage the legitime of said children)

voidable-children are legitimate if conceived before decree of annulment.

Roubaix, Bunjee, kayo muna taong bahay sa law office natin ha. Busy kasi ako sa work and its BAR MONTH. Dami activities every Sunday.

Regards sa inyo....

Yes, BOSSING CYBER P! Private BUNJEE reporting for duty, SIR! ;)

MS. DARKANGEL, you are most welcome.

PARENG TOTOY BOLA, tama ka. As a Filipino Citizen, you are liable to pay INCOME TAX from all sources, whether from within the Philippines and from without. Kaya nga we qualified 'yung issue na yun sa question ni MS. DARKANGEL. Halimbawa, 'yung Filipino Citizen ka at may properties ka sa US and you earn rent income. As a good Filipino, you should pay INCOME TAX on your rent income dito sa Pilipinas. Pero sa US, you may also be liable for REAL PROPERTY TAXES. This is not double taxation kasi: FIRST, magkaiba 'yung taxing authority (PHIL at US); SECOND, iba 'yung nature (INCOME, based on AMOUNT versus REAL PROPERTY, based on ASSESSED VALUE and/or USE ); THIRD, iba 'yung PURPOSE (INCOME TAX, you get taxed for earning, as opposed to REAL PROPERTY TAX, you get taxed by just owning the property). PARENG TOTOYBOLA, pasensya na, alam ko, medyo mas napagulo ko yata ang paliwanang pero kaya nga mababa ang grade ko dyan sa tax na 'yan eh... :D

QUOTE (Pot @ Sep 18 2003, 01:06 PM)

Ei guys... I'm an average computer user... what can u recommend for a good video card for a budget of 3-4k?

for that money, I think Geforce FX5200 - 64MB, is the best choice for your budget, dont buy the Geforce 4 MX440..

pot, i suggest you go to www.tomshardware.com and view articles there about their video card reviews. dami kang matututunan dun. tapos find out the prices na lang sa mga computer hardware shops dito sa pinas like pccorner, pcx etc.

as for extreme's advice, yup, the 5200 is affordable at that price but not recommendable. kung yun lang naman ang bibilhin mo, magtipid ka pa ng konti tapos bili ka ng 5600. you'll just be wasting your money sa 5200.

btw, if you're planning to heed extreme's advice and buy a 5200 or my advice about buying a 5600 (some people might also suggest the new radeons), be sure to have a mobo (motherboard) with at least AGP4x slot, otherwise baka di gumana yung video card.

yun lang po. B)

QUOTE (Pot @ Sep 18 2003, 01:06 PM)

Ei guys... I'm an average computer user... what can u recommend for a good video card for a budget of 3-4k? 

for that money, I think Geforce FX5200 - 64MB, is the best choice for your budget, dont buy the Geforce 4 MX440..

pot, i suggest you go to www.tomshardware.com and view articles there about their video card reviews. dami kang matututunan dun. tapos find out the prices na lang sa mga computer hardware shops dito sa pinas like pccorner, pcx etc.

as for extreme's advice, yup, the 5200 is affordable at that price but not recommendable. kung yun lang naman ang bibilhin mo, magtipid ka pa ng konti tapos bili ka ng 5600. you'll just be wasting your money sa 5200.

btw, if you're planning to heed extreme's advice and buy a 5200 or my advice about buying a 5600 (some people might also suggest the new radeons), be sure to have a mobo (motherboard) with at least AGP4x slot, otherwise baka di gumana yung video card.

yun lang po. B)

Tama ka dyan, na yung Geforce FX5600 is more advisable to buy, but if I just base doon sa price range nya, FX5200 lang ang pinakamaganda sa ganung presyo. Pero kung reliability at bilis ang paguusapan GeForce FX5600, FX5800, FX5900 yan ang mga recommendable , sa ATI naman isang lang ang dapat nyon kunin, Radeon 9800 Pro yun lang. ;)

im wondering lang, is the windows xp really slower than win98's?

i got this pc w/ amd 1800+, 30gb hd, 256mb ram all on an ecs k7vmm board yet i find graphics and processing slow, what gives?

not much programs inboard yet, except a typical printshop deluxe and websters dictionary install...

how do i make xp faster? or should i revert to win98's

i got this pc w/ amd 1800+, 30gb hd, 256mb ram all on an ecs k7vmm board yet i find graphics and processing slow, what gives?

not much programs inboard yet, except a typical printshop deluxe and websters dictionary install...

If you use windows 98 on this system for sure its very fast, lightning fast, the only drawback, is win98 is already obsolete, and no more support or future update of drivers.

Based on the configuration you have, I think you need to upgrade your RAM to 512MB, for sure you will see a big difference. Graphic plays an important role also because of the themes winxp displays and the details are graphic intensive, you need a minimum of 64MB card to run fast. ;)

I think he is asking about getting other hotmail accounts....(tama ba?)  :D

before meron ganyang vulnerabilities ang hotmail. I tried one personally. but of course it has been patched already.

Kung may spyware ka puwede :) Tap ka sa Hotmail server at lahat ng key press ng mga tao doon monitor mo :)

The spyware doesn't work now for hotmail has already saw that vulnerability. What you could do is like what yahoo offers is that you e-mail hotmail that you've forgot your password, damn I forgot the e-mail address. It is an automated response system of hotmail connected to it's databse. Just make sure that you know all the details like the answer to the mystery question.

If you use windows 98 on this system for sure its very fast, lightning fast, the only drawback, is win98 is already obsolete, and no more support or future update of drivers.

Based on the configuration you have, I think you need to upgrade your RAM to 512MB, for sure you will see a big difference. Graphic plays an important role also because of the themes winxp displays and the details are graphic intensive, you need a minimum of 64MB card to run fast. ;)

In addition to that, your board is one of the poorest board in town and make sure that when you are using AMD and you want to hit the rock hard with its performance, speed and processing, use DDR RAM not SDRAM, currently I am using AMD ATHLON XP 2600+ with 512 DDR RAM set the clock to PC400 and whoa it is running faster than P4 3 GHZ HT, I benchmarked it because of the product I support here in my company.

im cool with the 512mb.

but the thing is the board got built in vga, to quote:

single cycle 128-bit 3d architecture

128 bit 2d graphic engine

8/16/32mb frame bufferusing system memory

supports agp 4x 266 mhz mode up to 1gb/s bandwidth

supports 250mhz ramdac

2d/3d/ resolutions up to 1920 x 1440

supports agp rev 2.0 spec. compliant

its all nice to read but what does it say? do i still go for that video card? which one, say on long term usage?

helo, mga peps, i need some help, baka may opinion or insight about sa problem ko...

Kse may board ako na ang max nya lang ay ATA66, ngayon sinubukan ko yung ATA100 na HD, gumana naman...

ano kaya ang Pro's and Con's

babagal ba o o normal din ang performance kung ATA 66 ang ikakabit.

Posted By: oClass  - Sep 19 2003.

Ang Cons lang ay di ma uutilize yung ATA-100 ng HDD mo, syempre kung anong maximum supported speed ng motherboard mo (IDE) yun ang susundin ng HDD mo, wala namang issue mangyayari gagana pa rin yon. :)