Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

i just cant believe that this law only applies to women. how about philandering husbands? arent there any law for this? and does one need to catch them in a sexual act for the case to prosper? what if you have evidences like email, SMS, that proves existence of an affair?

its frustrating. i wont wonder anymore kung bakit minsan, some people resort to violent tactics just to teach these kind of people a lesson. :angry:

My paneros are absolutely right!

Under the law, concubinage is committed in three ways, one is maintaining a mistress in the household dwelling, another is having sexual intercourse with a woman not his wife under scandalous circumstances and lastly, living with another woman in any other place as husband and wife.

Email, SMS and the like can be admitted as evidence in line with the ECommerce Act. But these alone can not convict the husband. These may only prove the existence of an affair but not the crime. You must establish that any of the three modes of committing concubinage was consummated.

The law as compared to that of adultery is not unfair as what my paneros had explained. The husband cannot bring a stranger into the marriage whereas the wife can possibly do so.

Sir Lakay210,

"Meron naman. Kasi ang profession namin walang pinipili, mayaman man o mahirap. Pwede naman mag agree on a contingent basis wag lang yung attorney ang mag papaluwal sa mga gastusin sa court or any quasi-judicial entity kasi bawal yun. May ethical consideration dun kasi. Tawag namin champertous contract."

Kasama ba kayo sa tumatanggap ng ganitong arrangement?

Meron naman. Kasi ang profession namin walang pinipili, mayaman man o mahirap. Pwede naman mag agree on a contingent basis wag lang yung attorney ang mag papaluwal sa mga gastusin sa court or any quasi-judicial entity kasi bawal yun. May ethical consideration dun kasi. Tawag namin champertous contract.

Anong klaseng kaso ba yan? Nasa fiscal pa ba yan?

Champerty is an agreement between an attorney and his client that the former would sue and pay for the cost's of the client's suit in exchange for a portion of the damages awarded.

Companyero Lakay210 is correct to point out that a contingency arrangement is okay, as long as normal expenses are still shouldered by the client, because ethically, the lawyer may even be accused of ambulance chasing, or barratry if he shoulders everything. Although the rule against champerty has been relaxed, ethical standards must be considered.

Panero, I submit that the sine die adjournment of the Congress does not ipso facto make the joint committee canvassing inexistent. The Committee is the representative of the Congress in the canvassing of the votes. The Constitution provides that Congress shall promulgate its rules for the canvassing of certificates. Hence, the creation of the Committee acting as the canvasser for the President and Vice President is Constitutional and has its own personality separate and distinct from that of the Congress, its breath coming from the authority of the fundamental law.

No less than the Constitution (also) provides that the term of the President shall begin at noon on the thirtieth day of June next following the day of the election and shall end at noon on the same date six years thereafter . Hence, the canvassing is mandatory and should be given liberal interpretation when it comes to the power of the Congress thru the joint Committee to canvass the votes notwithstanding the former's adjournment.

The move of the opposition to question the authority of the Committee is a last ditch effort to delay the canvassing. If it is true that the present administration cheated in the election, then they should not derail the proceedings inorder for them to question any anomalous COCs before the Committee. The delaying tactics

can not help in their quest for the truth ( if this is really their objective).

Panero, our charter has loopholes. Kaya subject to judicial scrutiny palagi. Dapat sa mga ganitong situation, the Constitution should map out the details. Pero ang problema baka mas makapal pa sa Bible ang kalabasan. So, we as members of this noble profession should be vigilant. We must safeguard our freedom, our democracy, our rights, and our profession. JUSTICE for all! :cool:

HEAR HEAR!!! I agree 100%..

Sir Lakay210,

"Meron naman. Kasi ang profession namin walang pinipili, mayaman man o mahirap. Pwede naman mag agree on a contingent basis wag lang yung attorney ang mag papaluwal sa mga gastusin sa court or any quasi-judicial entity kasi bawal yun. May ethical consideration dun kasi. Tawag namin champertous contract."

Kasama ba kayo sa tumatanggap ng ganitong arrangement?

Yes pare ko, wag lang champertous contract as explained by cruiser. Dapat ang magbayad pa rin ng mga gastos sa court ay yung client. Pero attorney's fees pwedeng d muna.

Yes pare ko, wag lang champertous contract as explained by cruiser. Dapat ang magbayad pa rin ng mga gastos sa court ay yung client. Pero attorney's fees pwedeng d muna.

apperance din po kasi nung atty minsan malaki din po minsan di ba? like nasa 2k po ba per appearnce? o depende po sa atty.? thanks po

apperance din po kasi nung atty minsan malaki din po minsan di ba? like nasa 2k po ba per appearnce? o depende po sa atty.? thanks po

depende kasi sa nature ng case at depende rin sa abogado. anong case ba yan? PM me the details and well see and talk about it.

Hello VG... The appearance fee of a lawyer depends largely on your arrangement with him. In some areas where the lawyers are very active with the local IBP chapter, standard fee's are recommended for practitioners, although thats all it is, a recommendation. The fee's, including the appearance fee's, are still negotiable.

cheers!

Depende din po yan sa layo ng lugar...kung sa province, mas malaki yong appearance fee... pero depende talaga yan sa agreement nyo sa lawyer mo...

Sirs,

Any advise kasi yung friend ko isasalang na sa witness stand, cya po ang complainant estafa case po, para maganda preparation at presentation.

Dagdag lang...

Usually , the lawyer prepares a set of questions and answers to be given to his witness so that the witness will be guided. Then lawyer and the witness will have to practice befoer the hearing using this set of questions and answers.

Also, tell your friend to ask his lawyer the probable questions that the opposing lawyer may ask him during cross-examination so that he will be ready for the cross-examination.

If your friend has no lawyer, he should coordinate with the fiscal days before the hearing so that he would be advised on the fiscal's style of questioning. If possible, he may ask the fiscal the probable questions that he will ask during the hearing. But considering their load of work, the fiscal will usually use the affidavit-complaint as guide for his questions.

Hi,

I kinda need legal advice but have not the resources to pay for one, so I hope you would extend to me the same hospitality you extend to all of the members of MTC who comes here asking for help.

My son is in the Phil right now, and sensing my longing for my son, my bro-in-law-to-be and my sis offered to adopt my son, In order for him to come here at the soonest possible time.

It would take me 3 to 4 years, i guess, to petition my son to come here, whereas they could bring my child here within six months after the adoption. I have researched adoption laws, and it says that they should establish the incapacity of the parent to support the child.

Now my question is, will it be possible for them to adopt and bring my baby here, wouldn't it raise eyebrows in the the Phil Embassy, since I am amply providing my sons needs. And what and how long is the adoption process. What laws do we follow, the law here, or the Phil. adoption law?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I kinda need legal advice but have not the resources to pay for one, so I hope you would extend to me the same hospitality you extend to all of the members of MTC who comes here asking for help.

My son is in the Phil right now, and sensing my longing for my son, my bro-in-law-to-be and my sis offered to adopt my son, In order for him to come here at the soonest possible time.

It would take me 3 to 4 years, i guess, to petition my son to come here, whereas they could bring my child here within six months after the adoption. I have researched adoption laws, and it says that they should establish the incapacity of the parent to support the child.

Now my question is, will it be possible for them to adopt and bring my baby here, wouldn't it raise eyebrows in the the Phil Embassy, since I am amply providing my sons needs. And what and how long is the adoption process. What laws do we follow, the law here, or the Phil. adoption law?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, before i answer your question, can you tell me the ff:

update your video card driver to the latest version... check also the game you're running have any update patch or support you video card.

nagawa ko na po un sir, i even update the bios, cnubukan ko na rin ung 2 etra video card, nag palit na rin ako ng bagong ram kso ganun parin ang sira :(

ano kya sira nun ???

nagawa ko na po un sir, i even update the bios, cnubukan ko na rin ung 2 etra video card, nag palit na rin ako ng bagong ram kso ganun parin ang sira :(

ano kya sira nun ???

ano game ang nilalaro mo at ano ang brand ng video card mo? if direct X 9.0b ang version no problem, pag updated ang driver mo it should work fine