Puerto Galera

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... kita kits!!!!

Sa wakas natiyempuhan ka din namin and it was nice to finally meet you :)

Thanks for the coffee http://www.gimiknatin.com/ano/style_emoticons/default/coffee.gif

if u need assiatance dont hesitate to call me

Sayang nawala ko no mo parang nakita kita sa Casa Manuel nung sabado at kahapon.

Edited by jerzz

i've just come back from an overnight stay at puerto gallera and i'm glad to have finally visited the place.

my story:

it's been a while since i've gone south to batangas, 3 years to be exact, and i am amazed of the changes that have transpired over that period of time. the continued repair of the slex notwithstanding, i was pleasantly surprised with the development of the star highway which, the last time i passed through it, only srviced until lipa city. so imagine my delight when i finally found out that it would take me all the way to my first destination of the day, the batangas city port.

we, meaning my family and i plus extended family members, left q.c. at 5 am and arrived at the aforementioned port 5 mins before 7.

after finding a parking space to leave my vehicle overnight, i dealt with the usual posse of agents bidding for your patronage of their ferry company. purchasing return tickets for the 8 in my entourage, we headed off to the outrigger cum ferry after going through security. i mention this bec. my young bro in law brought along a swiss army knife that was confiscated. upon hearing that there was zero chance that he will be able to retrieve it the following day as we come back, i interceded and had the security guard hand over the knife hand to one of the boat's crew who in turn handed it over to bayaw when the coast was clear (and a 50 given).

the trip to gallera was uneventful as the sea was calm and devoid of big waves. we were in white beach in an hour and 15 mins.

arriving at white beach starving, i sought out bro gyobags' foodtrip hoping to partake breakfast here. but being a sunday morning with all the weekend travellers to gallera still lingering around, getting a table at foodtrip was next to impossible as the line of eager patrons to his establishment was long and unending (siguro ang yaman na ni bro gyobags). so we decided to just order some inihaw at the establishment next door. i must say, the food here wasnt half bad, esp. since we were starving after a the travel we've just been through. nearing the end of the meal, i called the resort i made reservations with and they had their jeep pick us up in 5 mins.

a word about white beach: my initial impression of this place as we first arrived is it is crowded. a number of establishments- shops, resturants and hotels- line up the place side by side with small alleyways crossing in between. also, a lot of people, both local and foreign could be seen hanging around, eating, shopping and frolicking in the beach. i could see why a lot of holiday seekers come here, particularly the young set that would love to see (i saw a few, grrr..) and be seen. but personally it is just too crowded for me.

5 mins later, we arrive in sunset at aninuan resort. i know, that's quite a mouthful. immediate impression: not bad. just as the pics in its website has shown.

sunset at aninuan resort- new building

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-6/1313134/Sunset%20at%20Aninuan%20Resort-%20New%20building.jpg

i booked in this resort on the strength of its reviews in tripadvisor. second, the pictures of the place in its website were enticing. and third, the cost of their family room that houses a max of 4 adults (in 2 double beds) is reasonable if not cheap.

without going through the usual check-in procedure, we were led to our rooms. and i find out why the price of their family rooms were reasonable- they are housed in an older building of the resort. older bldg means older room. old design, old fixtures. but i didn't complain bec. honestly, i wasn't let down having no expectations to begin with. on the up, the room was clean, had towels and toiletries, had a heater in the shower, had cable tv, and best of all, had a mini safe, the first i've chanced upon in the limited no. of resorts i've visisted in our islands. besides, my kids and i were too excited to jump in the beach to worry about how the room looks like. so jump in we did.

the beach in front of the resort has beige sand interspersed with rocks here and there. the water is clean, aqua, and very inviting. and at high tide, it was a good 4-5 meters before it became deep- enough space for i and the kids to swim around. my only complaint was the resort built an elevated frontage for themselves that ate a good portion of the sand; so much so that in high tide, the waters reach the edge of the stone enforded frontage. while this may be good for the resort's patrons, i think this is bad in general.

sunset at aninuan resort beachfront

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-6/1313134/Sunset%20at%20Aninuan%20Resort-%20Beachfront.jpg

compare this to the beachfront of the resort next door- tamaraw beach resort

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-6/1313134/Tamaraw%20Beach%20Resort.jpg

another nice thing about the resort is that you can borrow array of canoes and pedal powered craft for free. and borrow we did. they can arrange other activities for us like parasailing (which i'm sure other resorts could also offer) but we declined their offers.

but the best thing about the resort is their friendly staff. everyone did everything we requested immediately with a smile. i never got the feeling that we were too demanding. it didn't hurt that the ladies' uniform was tropic skimpy. and that most of the ladies themselves were beautiful. just think of those as a bonus. and sorry, i didn't take pictures of them although you can get a picture of what i'm talking about in their website.

now not all about the resort was to rave about. i particularly didn't like the food. aside from it being de rigueur resort expensive, it wasn't that good. for reference, i had a burger and i tried the sinigang my wife ordered for lunch and, humility aside, i could cook both better. but then, you may say that that's my biased opinion.

so on account of this, we had dinner at the neighboring tamaraw beach resort. the food here wasn't any better, but at least, it was cheaper. in comparison, the sinigang at aninuan costs P300 while it costs P175 at tamaraw. we also tried the halo-halo bar at tamaraw earlier for merienda and, while this too, wasn't that good, at just P40, we don't have any right to complain.

the resort at dusk and at night afforded me and my wife the pleasure of doing things we haven't done in a long, long while- to watch the sun set and to stargaze. luckily, it was a clear breezy night and we enjoyed every minute of it.

literally, the sunset at aninuan beach

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-6/1313134/Literal%20Sunset%20at%20Aninuan.jpg

other pics of the resort- frontage

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-6/1313134/Sunset%20at%20Aninuan%20Resort-%20Frontage.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-6/1313134/Sunset%20at%20Aninuan%20Resort-%20Lounge%20chairs.jpg

the next morning, we went swimming once more. and hiking. and canoeing. before long, it was time to check out and transported back to white beach where we had brunch. we were lucky to get tables at foodtrip this time ( a lot of the tourists the day before probably must have left already) and must commend bro gyobags for his restaurant that serves simple comfort food complete with unlimited rice. okay ba gyobags sa plugging. it's just a shame that i didn't meet gyobags as, fearing sounding like a fool, i felt akward asking people if they knew gyobags. he,he. plus, we had to eat fast and finish our food in a jiff as we wanted to catch the 12 nn ferry.

the ride back to batangas port wasn't as smooth as the trip the day before. this time, the sea had swells i'm guessing measuring 4-6 feet. while the roller coaster-like ride was fun to me, it didn't sit well with the women in my group. but all's well that ends well as we reach the batangas port safe and sound.

the commute back to manila was uneventful.

hope you guys don't mind me sharing this long story with you here.

next stop, bohol and jlx's cebu after the holy week.

Edited by kanski
sir gyobags baka may alam ka pwede namen marent n room good for 7-10 persons this holywik sana pa pm nmn ng contact nos. punta kame jan ng tropa e.thanks.

what particular date kayo pupunta? baka dun sa nakuhanan ko pwede pa bro.

though kasi kami april 11 to 12 lang kaya nakakuha kami.

the last time i checked meron pa sa white beach hotel. around 5k nga lang, not unless u want to take your chances andbe there early

pero as per experience, ang hirap pag dating doon, kasi puno na talaga. esp. ngayon long weekend

last year, nag tent na lang kami kasi kundi mahal, wala na talagang makuhanan :)

what particular date kayo pupunta? baka dun sa nakuhanan ko pwede pa bro.

though kasi kami april 11 to 12 lang kaya nakakuha kami.

the last time i checked meron pa sa white beach hotel. around 5k nga lang, not unless u want to take your chances andbe there early

pero as per experience, ang hirap pag dating doon, kasi puno na talaga. esp. ngayon long weekend

last year, nag tent na lang kami kasi kundi mahal, wala na talagang makuhanan :)

Wow! I hope we could meet sikret_prend. Nandun pa ako ng 11 and 12.

Thanks for the coffee http://www.gimiknatin.com/ano/style_emoticons/default/coffee.gif

No problem! balik ulit kayo!!!

And to all the MTC MASTERS that ate breakfast at foodtrip last sunday (march 29, 2009)...

SALAMAT!!!

It was nice meeting all of you!!! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

SEE YOU AGAIN THIS SUMMER!!!!!

Sayang nawala ko no mo parang nakita kita sa Casa Manuel nung sabado at kahapon.

kainis ka jerzzz!! nauna ka na....hmpp!! <_< <_< <_<

sige ganyanan na..

paano na ang sinumpaan natin

:boo:

sa GNI! :P

hoy, sumama ka ulit sa 11 and 12, jen is hoping you'd join us!

Sino punta nitong weekend na 'to (April 5)?

I wanna go pero low on cash and my troop's not going. Waah! I just wanna be on the beach!

sis.. wanna join us on April 11 to 12 instead? :) we already have a room . mostly girls naman kami :)

Wow! I hope we could meet sikret_prend. Nandun pa ako ng 11 and 12.

bro... sige hanapin mo na lang akong lumulutang sa dagat :boo:

pag dating ko din ill be reporting to sir gyobags... hehehe, dun na tayo magkita ng dinner sa foodtrip para rice all you can (pa nga ba?! :D)

we will be staying just beside lenly's :)

sis.. wanna join us on April 11 to 12 instead? :) we already have a room . mostly girls naman kami :)

bro... sige hanapin mo na lang akong lumulutang sa dagat :boo:

pag dating ko din ill be reporting to sir gyobags... hehehe, dun na tayo magkita ng dinner sa foodtrip para rice all you can (pa nga ba?! :D)

we will be staying just beside lenly's :)

waaaahhh... baka iba makita kong lumulutang. mahirap manghula dun.

napakaraming tao kapag holy week... mahirap pumunta kapag wala ka pang reservations...

last time muntik na naming patusin ung mga bahay very far from the beach...bahay talaga as in tinitirhan ng pamilya. Makikidwell kayo mismo sa mga naninirahan dun. Ganun kadami nung pumunta kami

Buti nakakuha din kami sa isang resort pero quite a walk na din before you reach the beach... so kung lasing ka na pabalik baka maligaw ka na hehehe. buti nlng me nakapagdala samin ng credit card

kainis ka jerzzz!! nauna ka na....hmpp!! <_< <_< <_<

sige ganyanan na..

paano na ang sinumpaan natin

sa GNI! :P

hoy, sumama ka ulit sa 11 and 12, jen is hoping you'd join us!

Stag Party eh kaya di ko kayo niyaya. Humingi lang ng favor yung friend.

Sama ako basta sama din kayo sa Bohol.

And to all the MTC MASTERS that ate breakfast at foodtrip last sunday (march 29, 2009)...

SALAMAT!!!

It was nice meeting all of you!!! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Sayang kung nagkita tayo nung saturday na invite ka sana namin duon sa Sat Night Party namin. :evil:

Thanks for not mentioning their names confidential eh :lol:

Edited by jerzz
Stag Party eh kaya di ko kayo niyaya. Humingi lang ng favor yung friend.

Sama ako basta sama din kayo sa Bohol.

Sayang kung nagkita tayo nung saturday na invite ka sana namin duon sa Sat Night Party namin. :evil:

nyehehe! trade trip ba ito?

ill ask jen, if weekdays di ako pwede.. ma mi miss ako ng boss ko e :unsure:

sama na kasi sa galera! hmppp! <_<

see you sa mga pupunta dun ng holyweek... though april 11 to 12 pa kami :)

gyobags - will call you soon, am making arrangements with the care taker :) super thanks talaga :)

Sayang i missed the party... :cry: :evil:

Confidential pala yung gimmick nyo dito... so i'll rephrase my thanks...

sa mga MTC MASTERS na nagpaalam sa kanila na may "team building/conference" ang company nila sa "TAGAYTAY"...

Nice meeting all of you!!!!

Kita kita ulit tayo dito sa next "team building/conference" ninyo sa "Clark" ;) :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: