Dog Lovers Thread

mr_7thsign

american bulldog for me, great pet/guard dog characterized with TRUE GRIT, TRUE DEVOTION, TRUE LOVE to their masters

tinataholan mama ko pag umaambang papaluin ako hehe

minsang biniru naman ng papa ko ang pamangkin kong 5yrs old, nainis pinagpappalo ng pamangkin ko ang papa ko, nakita ng ambull ko, dinungol ang pamangkin ko para tumigil sa pagpalo sa papa ko

love my dogs

• 3 weeks later...

Bro- I plan on taking german sheperds soon- any suggestion what line ang maganda? Ano downside sa grooming, high maintenance ba ito? TIA!

a friend of mine.. breed GSD's base here in tagaytay... Mostly German imports... pups were bred from his own kennel...

regarding maintenance...di naman sila ganon ka demanding almost same lang din sa rotts... mas mabusisi pa rott since ears nila r more prone sa infections and mites.

trick here is give them the best dog food u can... and by best it doesn't necessary mean expensive...and lots of exercise. my friends' place is so huge. he can afford to have his pups and dogs at large, mga 3-4 basketball courts at modest yung free range nya for his dogs ... ;)

a friend of mine.. breed GSD's base here in tagaytay... Mostly German imports... pups were bred from his own kennel...

regarding maintenance...di naman sila ganon ka demanding almost same lang din sa rotts... mas mabusisi pa rott since ears nila r more prone sa infections and mites.

trick here is give them the best dog food u can... and by best it doesn't necessary mean expensive...and lots of exercise. my friends' place is so huge. he can afford to have his pups and dogs at large, mga 3-4 basketball courts at modest yung free range nya for his dogs ... ;)

Thanks Bro- your friend's GS sure are pampered...laki ng playground nila.hehe :) I know that german imports means expensive lines..hehe .. I saw one from stonehedge who are selling pups at really high prices-- I am sure that those pups would grow really nice as well. I use vitality DF for my dogs. and yes Rotts needs regular cleaning sa ear.. much more yung mga sharpeis..hehe..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do you guys consider beagles as pets?

A number grading system woukd really help..

Noise (rate 1-100 -- 100 being non stop barking)

Energy level ( 100 being a whirlwind of mischief)

Attention span ( 100 as not being able to focus on one thing for more than 5 seconds)

Obedience (100 being ''srew you human, ur not the boss of me!'')

Mga sir, tanong lang po.....

Ano magandang dog na alagaan sa 2 selection na ito:

Chow-chow or Siberian Husky?

they both shed a lot... and needs extra effort for their coats... Though i find husky more adaptable sa tropical climate natin....

having thick coats. they r bred for the cold climates, thus high risk for sila sa heat stroke. chows being short snouted _ (read more on Brachycephalic dogs)is more prone....

i also find the huskies to have the lesser doggy scent compared to other breeds almost near like sa Bichon Frise.

Chows tend to be snobbish in general. :)

over all.. am a husky fan... had bred and showed chows before but kept the sibes.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/brun0_magtangol/DSC_0020.jpg

btw my Sibe gave birth yesterday to 6 healthy pups...

Edited by brun0magtangol

Attention span ( 100 as not being able to focus on one thing for more than 5 seconds)

I hear beagles have a very high energy level...needs lots of exercise.

• 4 weeks later...

Which dog po ba ang laid back ung tipong nkaupo lang plg. Im considering english bulldog. Any other options? Too expensive kxe

any of the toy breeds except those coming from the terrier family.

Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso are good examples of laid back dogs.

Bulldogs are NOT laid back. they require lots of exercise to drain their energy.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/rosewillow/IMG_3315.jpg

nice dog!

By the way, I am taking care of a shih tzu and soon to have my very own aspin/askal pup; who will serve as the companion of the shih tzu.

Edited by b_9904
  • 2 weeks later...

any of the toy breeds except those coming from the terrier family.

Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso are good examples of laid back dogs.

Bulldogs are NOT laid back. they require lots of exercise to drain their energy.

nice dog!

By the way, I am taking care of a shih tzu and soon to have my very own aspin/askal pup; who will serve as the companion of the shih tzu.

Thank you and good luck.

Up to this moment we're still looking for a companion of our crossbreed dog (shih tzu -pug).

• 4 weeks later...

Noise -- it really depends on the dog personality, meron kasi howler merong hindi

Enegy -- madaming madami :)

Attention Span -- its like most of the dogs..

Obedience -- as early as 2 months you should let the dog know that your the Alpha dog

they both shed a lot... and needs extra effort for their coats... Though i find husky more adaptable sa tropical climate natin....

having thick coats. they r bred for the cold climates, thus high risk for sila sa heat stroke. chows being short snouted _ (read more on Brachycephalic dogs)is more prone....

i also find the huskies to have the lesser doggy scent compared to other breeds almost near like sa Bichon Frise.

Chows tend to be snobbish in general. :)

over all.. am a husky fan... had bred and showed chows before but kept the sibes.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/brun0_magtangol/DSC_0020.jpg

btw my Sibe gave birth yesterday to 6 healthy pups...

pre magkano ngayon ang siberian husky na may papel?

Isang tip from my experience: To increase dogs appetite let them stay inside your house and play with you..

mas masaya yung dog, active, mabait kung kasama nya owner nya lagi kesa naka kulong.

yep, hindi pa yan kakapitan agad ng fleas and tick, paiba iba sila ng location, malilito mga blood suckers :lol: ganyan yung daschund namin na sinanay nakakawala, they roam in and out of the house freely, kaya yari ang daga sa loob and other crawling insects sa labas such as stray cats, spider, cockroach, cricket,etc. and they are extremely sociable.