Laptop/Notebook Owners

@oedipi

try a lenovo

back to topic.

msi wind.

no dvd drive. , 2gb ram, good internal video card, intel atom. 10". for about 12k. not bad

plan to get a better netbook if i have money soon.

so far browsing and low end games lang pwede. but good price.

Thanks for the suggestion but I find the Lenovo's to be too expensive for my budget. The S10 is within budget but has only a 10" screen. I have already previously hackintoshed my Wind U100 but found the iPhone simulator in Xcode gets truncated. I wasn't able to change the resolution and even if I was able to resolve that, I found the 10" screen too small. I was looking at the Indigo RS130 (P17K). Unfortunately it has been discontinued.

Still, thanks again.

dell minis

dell inspiron and vostro

using iatkos s3 on my vostro

The Dell Minis are only 9" and 10". I find the screens too small.

Dell has a Vostro that has a 13" model but the base model comes with a Celeron By the time you upgrade, it gets to be about $500 plus - more than what I am willing to spend.

At any rate, which vostro do you have? Are you running 10.6?

Thanks so much for the info. Appreciate it.

b_9904:

1. ASUS, Lenovo, HP for the 12"

2. lenovo X 2xx series

3. x100 series

----------------------

batteries:

wag niyo na lang paka ingatan ang batteries ng laptop. Kahit anong ingat, masisira rin yan. use it when you have to use it, power plug it if you have to. either way, ma exhaust lahat and masisira rin. I have a 3yr old Macbook pro. naka 3x battery replacement nako. I don't feel bad about it, coz i'm using it the way i want it, and so it makes me happy and productive. the more na mag concern kayo sa LCD, battery, motherboards, mababawasan ang fun or kung work man, mababawasan ang productivity.

maraming salamat sir!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an Acer Aspire 4745G which i bought a few months ago.

Core i3-370M (2.4 Ghz), 500 GB HHD, Mobility Radeon 5650 1GB (can switch to using the built-in intel HD GPU for lower power consumption on-the-fly), 14" LED LCD, 4GB DDR3 (upgraded, since it only came with 2GB).

Pretty satisfied with it, i can play StarCraft 2 on medium settings and Halo 2 on high settings. Using intel's HD GPU idle temp is around 32-34 C; using the Radeon 5650 GPU it jumps 8-10 degrees on idle. It can get pretty warm when playing demanding games (temperature spikes at 71-77 C) so i suggest using this laptop in a well ventilated room and with a laptop cooling pad when gaming.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.everymac.com/images/other_images/macbook-pro-15-2009.jpg

well i can say i switched because of the following:

• insant on
  • LED back-lit screen
  • runs on Intel i5
  • dual graphics processors
  • boot camp (if i want Window$)
  • Unibody design
  • lastly, almost virus-free

..i'm happy with it..

Edited by i-rivere
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i back read 3 pages back, and i found one who has an interest in Sony VAIO.

im planning to buy a Sony VAIO with enough savings. any setbacks on this unit?

i have an existing Dell Mini. and its just what i need.

Have a Sony Vaio Y series 12 inch screen. Best netbook i've had. Have used several MSI and Asus in the past years but the Vaio is by far the best. Pro- reasonably priced, solid keyboard, 12" screen, fast. Con- power switch is in a weird position but eventually you get the hang of it

Can anyone recommend a Windows-based tablet? Something not so heavy and convenient to carry around in a bag, can do your basic Office applications, can be hooked up to a projector for presentations? I'm quite happy with my 2 year old asus eee 1005 netbook and I'm wondering if there's a tablet that's lighter and more convenient to carry around.