Laptop/Notebook Owners

• 2 weeks later...

asus x51 - luma na pero talagang ang tibay ng charger... 2-3years ko ginawang pangdownload sa torrent 24/7 naka power on, napapatay lang pag gagamitin ko sa office which is madalang may desktop pc naman don or pagnagkaroon ng brownout ng matagal... until now buhay na buhay pa yung batt. nga lang bumigay...

acer ferrari one maganda sa una after 7mos may glitch lacd tapos nawala.. and suddenly after 1yr and a week tukuyan nasira half lcd... lapse na raw warranty s@%t acer for that.... am never gonna buy another acer product.... i'll stick with toshiba... sattelite a200 hanggang ngayon ayos pa rin..... acer shitty...

Can anyone recommend a Windows-based tablet? Something not so heavy and convenient to carry around in a bag, can do your basic Office applications, can be hooked up to a projector for presentations? I'm quite happy with my 2 year old asus eee 1005 netbook and I'm wondering if there's a tablet that's lighter and more convenient to carry around.

try REDFOX WIZPAD, there are 3 models, the top one's got 3G

any non-mac notebooks you can recommend for photo editing? am in the market for a 15inch, i5 processor, 4gb ram rig. thanks!

photoediting with a laptop/notebook? aside from not seeing the right colors, it will give you a headache squinting to see/check the details. unless you'll only edit simple pictures/graphics for web use

i'm using a 15" toshiba with an i5 and 4gig ram, but when photoediting or drawing i connect it to a 22" Samsung Syncmaster lcd monitor

Edited by remoteworld

photoediting with a laptop/notebook? aside from not seeing the right colors, it will give you a headache squinting to see/check the details. unless you'll only edit simple pictures/graphics for web use

i'm using a 15" toshiba with an i5 and 4gig ram, but when photoediting or drawing i connect it to a 22" Samsung Syncmaster lcd monitor

thanks for the inputs sir! well, i do calibrate my monitor religiously in order to get the colors right. you're right about the monitor size though, zooming to full screen doesn't provide enough real estate for tedious photo retouching (unless i move between 100% and full screen modes). i guess, i'll pick up the new monitor option first.

btw, my current notebook is also a toshiba (dual core, 1.5gb ram).

cheers!

IBM user , for systems development, currently using IBM T43

Any other IBM user here? i'm still using my 5-yr IBM T43 and still a workhorse! , but i'm now planning on replacing it in the near future, any recommendations? I'm eyeing on the T400 series, but would want your honest opinion as well,

thanks!

Hello mga Sir! Quick query lang just want your opinion:

A small laptop(portable for travelling with/without Dvd-rom) or IPAD 2?

i'm thinking kasi pag laptop (I prefer Microsoft OS) MS Office ako, and

familiar na ko kc eversince PC user na ako.

-OR-

IPAD 2? I'm thinking of availing this on HSBC. Does it work like a celphone too?

as in pwedeng lagyan ng SIM card and I can make calls and texts?

thank you very much! :-)

msi u123 - small but terrible. 10' monitor 9hours batter eh. liit monitor. pero buhay at malakas pa. msi u160 - new N450 msi. ayos rin. parang mid nila at win7 nung nilabas but i prefer winxp and linux dual boot. 10' rin. msi u210 - a taste of amd based atom like. 9cels 4 hours. hmmm, yun lang. pero it's 12 inch monitor mura naman kasi to eh :)

• 2 weeks later...

^my aspire came with AMD & HDMI port for a minimal price of P11.8thou

installed LINUX OS & VLC, im enjoying watching movie with it connected in a 32" LCD TV via HDMI

specs say it has 1MB of memory but LINUX says otherwise only 720MB

have 2 sound card (HDMI & the regular one) never succeeded in configuring the mic tho making skype experience on hold

foto editing thru GIMP is fast, just dont load too many fotos

reading PDF docs is not a problem

viewing fotos is not a problem either with gwenview (display shutter count when the foto was taken)

livestreaming is great with crystal clear webcam

bluetooth works seamlessly with my celfon

3G ready, looking for internal 3G modem

multitasking is generally moderate (foto viewer, foto editor, vlc, pdf reader, firefox, skype)