Laptop/Notebook Owners

I've been a laptop lover eversince i can remember... never really cared about MACs... I'm just an XP/Vista/Windows-7 lover!!! I use a Toshiba U400 series, 13in screen laptop in the office, where I convert it into a desktop PC with a 24in LCD and wireless keyboard and mouse using a mini docking station. At home, I use an HP-Pavilion DV-6000 series laptop with a 2.0GHz Core2Duo processor and updated 4GB RAM, and i have a 1-TB external HDD where i store all my MP3 collection, videos, DivX movies collection and of course, all my pictures since childhood. When I travel, I only bring my Toshiba NB-200 netbook - IT'S THE BEST NETBOOK!!! The 6-cell battery can last up to 9 hours of continuous heavy usage!!!! Ohhh... and my old dekstop PC with windows XP???? I simply connected it to my large LCD TV. It's on 24/7 and i use it to watch my DivX collection and listen to my MP3s and it is also connected to my surround sound system. Life is Good!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
My friend lent her Dell Latitude pentium 4 laptop because she just acquired a Compaq Presario. My problem is when it is on AC Power LCD display is dim. However, if I pulled off AC and it runs on battery, the display brightens. Anybody can help? PLEASE. She told me it is not like that previously before somebody borrowed it for one week and upon return, it became just. I already fidgeted with different settings on power management and so forth . . . TIA

Most laptops come with software which allows for different power settings if running off AC or battery power. It sounds like the laptop is set to max brightness when on the battery, and on dim settings when on AC - which is weird, because the opposite would make more sense as to maximize battery life.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an HP Mini 2140. Word of advice, get a Macbook instead. This laptop of mine got phased out in three months. I'm going to install Hackintosh on it after the warranty is over. Would have appreciated this more if it can run the Dreamcast emulator smoothly, but it doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...

my present laptop debuted last year May and till now no major hassle of any kind have I experienced with it considering n nka "ON" cia palagi (24/7) because of my BOT :rolleyes: Maximized nga ang gamit ko d2 (movie, games, chat, surf, design, etc) pro in good shape & condition p rin. Iba tlga pag mga made in Germany :thumbsupsmiley:

BTW, my unit is this

Fujitsu Siemens

AMILO Xi 2428

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz T7250

2GB RAM

250GB HD

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS (256MB Dedicated VC)

15.3" tru-brite screen

Multimedia remote controlled

astig n specs p to last year. ciempre ngyon mas matataas n ang specs n lumalabas s market. Pero proud p rin ako s unit ko, matibay :) :cool:

Just bought last Sunday, Nov 29..

Acer Aspire One N280 (RED)

Processor 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270

Memory 1GB DDR2 RAM 533 MHz

Hard drive 210GB, 5,400rpm

Chipset Mobile Intel 945GM Express

Graphics Intel GMA 950 (integrated)

OS Windows XP Home SP3

Dimensions (WD) 258.5 x 184mm

Height 25.4mm

Screen size (diagonal) 10.1 inches

System weight (Weight with AC adapter) 1.1kg (1.4kg)

sana lang di madaling masira ang hinge at matagal magkadeadpixel.

I have now an old and bulky P4 Centrino HP Compaq nx6110. just maximizing the investment i put in this machine since i bought it in 1995. Now, I'm planning to purchase either DELL or Toshiba.

a Pentium 4 computer in 1995?

as far as I remember, the top of line processor back then was a DX4 100, 1995 was the pre pentium era

• 4 weeks later...
Just a thought...

buy a computer/laptop because you need it not just because you want it...because you may want the specs now but after a few months you will see a better one (there will always be a bigger fish) and thinking why did i rush in this if i really don't need it.

This is a good point ..

Para inde OT

We have a MSI S420 before, then we upgraded to an ACER ASPIRE 5536

AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core Processor QL-65

4GB MEmory

320GB HD

so far so good , yung msi namin almost 3 years din walang masyadong issue mejo nabagalan na kami kaya nag upgrade na kami