Laptop/Notebook Owners

I have two notebook.

Well you dont call the other a notebook generally.

I have a SONY VAIO VGN-AR370 a notebook with a blue-eay player. also comes with a TV tuner cable TV input and remote control. it runs on Vista Ultimate and i only use it on my Desk as a Past time if i want to watch What's on the TV.

my other notebook is the VGNTX29 NOW this is the notebook to use! super portable with a generous battery life.

i love this notebook.

Guest Leviticus

hehe.. was supposed to get an Asus A9rp too but kita ko ang Neo empriva 540 SVB.. DDR2 na kasi

kakainis nga lang at naka-preinstall na ang Vista. Oh well...

sanayan na lang..

Guest Leviticus
Was supposed to wait for HPDV6500, pero nangati na kamay ko

got a HPDV2395 na lang

Core2, T7200, 2Ghz 2Gb Ram

Nvidia GeForce Go 7200, 14.1" WXGA

160 Gb <5400rpm>

home vista premium

starosa platform have to wait for now..

sure ako hindi pa aabot ang 1 week maiinis ka rin sa vista. kakabwisit na pre-installed MS vista sa laptop ko. yun tuloy my programs won't work!!! buti na lang hindi ko pa disposed ang desktop ko or else wala akong gagamitin.

pissed me off so much. against talaga ako sa lintik na vista na yan!!!

Mine is FUJITSU FMV-BIBLO

with fingerprint recognition, pre-installed vista home and office 2007

the cons is... Japanese version! heheheh

well sanayan na lang, ang hirap pala kasi ang layo ng layout a xp and may additional menus or commands.

satisfied naman but its 15.4" kaya malaki, but i love the screen! widescreen ito, personal lang unlike nung unbranded laptop ko dati centrino

this one is celerom m

guys, i have a Toshiba Tecra 9100, it is kind of old but still very useful. The fan just got busted and i need addtl RAM. Do you know which is the best place to go here in the metro who might possibly have both? I would be needing it again when classes start this year. No budget to get a new replacement yet. Thanks for the help!

aluminum powerbook g4 1.67 dlsd-hr

couldn't have been happier with it

may soon upgrade to macbookpro

pondering on whether im willing to forego firewire tho

I have a MBP and it has firewire. Firewire 400 and 800 ports. Even the Macbook has Firewire 400. You will not have to forego firewire if you shift to a Macbook or MBP. You will only have to make that sacrifice if you go downmarket to w winblows laptop.

I have a MBP and it has firewire. Firewire 400 and 800 ports. Even the Macbook has Firewire 400. You will not have to forego firewire if you shift to a Macbook or MBP. You will only have to make that sacrifice if you go downmarket to w winblows laptop.

the macbooks were initially launched without the firewire right?

and now they just launched the new mbp's and its getting painful holding on to my precious and pondering on getting an mbp

im sure im getting an mbp in a coupla years, maybe sooner or when my applecare expires

no way im downgrading to windows

na-ah

Nice laptops.

I have a TOSHIBA QOSMIO F30..

Dual Core 2.0Ghz

1GB RAM

100GB HD

256MB Nvidia GeForce Go 7600

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/adiksatoys/DSC00320.jpg

Medyo mabigat nga lang sya (3kg.) :goatee:

Edited by Jakks
the macbooks were initially launched without the firewire right?

and now they just launched the new mbp's and its getting painful holding on to my precious and pondering on getting an mbp

im sure im getting an mbp in a coupla years, maybe sooner or when my applecare expires

no way im downgrading to windows

na-ah

We share the same sentiments about Windows--a great time waster.

Although I am a bit surprised hearing about the first Macbooks not having Firewire. I never really checked out the first iteration of the Macbook although I assumed it had Firewire. Even the legendary Apple quality rans into 'issues' when a new product is launched so I wait about 3 to 4 months before diving in. True enough, there was a battery replacement program on the first issues of the MBs and MBPs. I caught the first stocks of the corrected MBPs and my lithiums seem to be working fine. And my kids really enjoy the MBs.

You mentioned AppleCare. Do you find it worth it? I've never had a Mac go really bad on me yet, I mean not one that required logic board replacement (which is my only real fear). If it was just a hard disk or peripheral, replacement is no issue. I see it as a chance to get nicer stuff.

Guest airmax
dudes...ano brand ng laptop ang mura n sulit p?

Dito sa US ang pinaka murang laptop nasa at least $499 pero celeron m un with 100 gb of hd space windows vista. kung gusto mong mag dual core usually dito ang pinakamura nasa $700 plus usually sony vaio na yon or dell. hindi na ako updated sa prices ng laptop dyan nung nandyan pa ako may nakikita ako sa pc bodega.com celeron nasa P22k ang isa. Well kung habol mo lang naman basic applications, surfing, chatting just go for the less branded name and lesser specs na laptop.

ano bang feedback sa sony vaio yan ang pinagiipunan ko ngayon?

We share the same sentiments about Windows--a great time waster.

Although I am a bit surprised hearing about the first Macbooks not having Firewire. I never really checked out the first iteration of the Macbook although I assumed it had Firewire. Even the legendary Apple quality rans into 'issues' when a new product is launched so I wait about 3 to 4 months before diving in. True enough, there was a battery replacement program on the first issues of the MBs and MBPs. I caught the first stocks of the corrected MBPs and my lithiums seem to be working fine. And my kids really enjoy the MBs.

You mentioned AppleCare. Do you find it worth it? I've never had a Mac go really bad on me yet, I mean not one that required logic board replacement (which is my only real fear). If it was just a hard disk or peripheral, replacement is no issue. I see it as a chance to get nicer stuff.

yes i do, actually. if you come to think of it it just make sense to have something of a fallback with the kind of investment apples are di ba. youll never know. oh and one more thing to consider, your lcd costs as much as the logicboard heheh

i already broke even with applecare. just got my lcd replaced because some brilliant tech person from powermac greenbelt put glue on my screen during some light servicing. ruined my display cleaning it up. normally you would have to haggle to get them to replace it even if it is their fault, they volunteered to replace mine since im still on applecare. not that im not going to get them to replace it if i didnt have applecare

hehe

yes i do, actually. if you come to think of it it just make sense to have something of a fallback with the kind of investment apples are di ba. youll never know. oh and one more thing to consider, your lcd costs as much as the logicboard heheh

i already broke even with applecare. just got my lcd replaced because some brilliant tech person from powermac greenbelt put glue on my screen during some light servicing. ruined my display cleaning it up. normally you would have to haggle to get them to replace it even if it is their fault, they volunteered to replace mine since im still on applecare. not that im not going to get them to replace it if i didnt have applecare

hehe

Ah yes, the retailer stores I stay away from. I go to Ynzal, ran by the guys who used to ran MacSolutions. They are in QC but they mostly supply institutionl users like major corps like Ayala Corp and the big ad agencies and publishing companies. These guys really know what they are doing and they don't insult your intelligence because they are used to clients who also know what they are doing. They also ran a fair trade-in program.

I know I may sound like I'm hard selling them, but I've dropped a bundle on these guys over the years not to mention the recos given to companies owned by friends and they have yet to disappoint.

By the way, PM me if you're interested in discussing software. wink wink