Laptop/Notebook Owners

Guest airmax

nabili ng ermats ko sa us celeron na toshiba. sayang sana nabili nya ung centrino. mga pare ko saan mo lang ba magagamit ung celeron kung basic internet ok na ito di ba. but if youre playing games such as command and conquer ok rin ba ito?

i bought this laptop during the BPI madness held in glorietta last September. Asianic had a stall and they were selling Dell laptops for 47k. hanep sa deal. i didn't have a bpi credit card but they are willing to seel the laptop for 12 months zero interests. did i even say na naka centrino dual core ang laptop ang small dell laptop na ito

Guest airmax
i bought this laptop during the BPI madness held in glorietta last September. Asianic had a stall and they were selling Dell laptops for 47k. hanep sa deal. i didn't have a bpi credit card but they are willing to seel the laptop for 12 months zero interests. did i even say na naka centrino dual core ang laptop ang small dell laptop na ito

naka bargain ka

nabili ng ermats ko sa us celeron na toshiba. sayang sana nabili nya ung centrino. mga pare ko saan mo lang ba magagamit ung celeron kung basic internet ok na ito di ba. but if youre playing games such as command and conquer ok rin ba ito?

pre, if you're playing games , it's the video card plus the processor ang main requirements. kahit na Pentium Centrino 2ghz pero less than 512mb video card, hindi ata maganda . so i wont recommend that you play games on that hardware.

I've heard a lot of negative feedback on DELL computers and laptops , madali daw masira. They've shifted to HP-Compaq. I hope it's not true for your case.

Guest airmax
pre, if you're playing games , it's the video card plus the processor ang main requirements. kahit na Pentium Centrino 2ghz pero less than 512mb video card, hindi ata maganda . so i wont recommend that you play games on that hardware.

ok lang command and conquer generals lang naman agn gusto kong laruin.

Sobra mag-init pa rin ba yan? Yung macbook sa office ng hubby ko inaangat nga nila kasi ang bilis mag-init..

May I also add something...

I guess this not only holds true with the Mac but also with the other brands as well. Apple just released Revision B for the MacBooks. This should fix not only the random shutdown problem but also the thermal problem issues as well. The MacBooks do get hot after running for a couple of hours, but so is the performance. Spec for spec and pound for pound, this laptop's one of the best buys in the market. You can buy a similar spec'd model from another brand, hurt your wallet to the tune of P89,000 or up and chances are, all you got is a basic laptop that lacks all the bells and whistles. No bluetooth, no DVD SuperDrive, no Wi-Fi, etc with possible exception to the recent releases by HP (take the DV1000 series for example).

Laptops, due to the nature of their compact design and weight restrictions don't have powerful fans and they have a less-efficient heatsinks compared to a desktop. The laptop's purpose is primarily for mobility - you can do work anywhere, anytime but with a tradeoff. At the expense of performance. With the Mac, you can have the best of both worlds and this once comes from someone who's been a Windows PC user for the past 12 years. Once you switch to a Mac, you'll probably never look back.

Peace!

May I also add something...

I guess this not only holds true with the Mac but also with the other brands as well. Apple just released Revision B for the MacBooks. This should fix not only the random shutdown problem but also the thermal problem issues as well. The MacBooks do get hot after running for a couple of hours, but so is the performance. Spec for spec and pound for pound, this laptop's one of the best buys in the market. You can buy a similar spec'd model from another brand, hurt your wallet to the tune of P89,000 or up and chances are, all you got is a basic laptop that lacks all the bells and whistles. No bluetooth, no DVD SuperDrive, no Wi-Fi, etc with possible exception to the recent releases by HP (take the DV1000 series for example).

Laptops, due to the nature of their compact design and weight restrictions don't have powerful fans and they have a less-efficient heatsinks compared to a desktop. The laptop's purpose is primarily for mobility - you can do work anywhere, anytime but with a tradeoff. At the expense of performance. With the Mac, you can have the best of both worlds and this once comes from someone who's been a Windows PC user for the past 12 years. Once you switch to a Mac, you'll probably never look back.

Peace!

Yung mga ganung problema siguro ang reason why my hubby ruled out the first revision ng mga macbook (which was quite cheaper compared to the T42p na binili nya) ... nakakapagtaka lang kasi other laptops of the same specs di naman ganun mag-init most probably kasi 1st-generation intel laptops ng apple... they always have that problem sa first gen products nila sabi nya.

Yung mga ganung problema siguro ang reason why my hubby ruled out the first revision ng mga macbook (which was quite cheaper compared to the T42p na binili nya) ... nakakapagtaka lang kasi other laptops of the same specs di naman ganun mag-init most probably kasi 1st-generation intel laptops ng apple... they always have that problem sa first gen products nila sabi nya.

Yes, Ma'am... You're correct in your observation. Me, I've long wanted to get the MacBook but after reading all those threads in the Mac forums about random shutdowns and thermal issues, I've decided to play the waiting game till Apple's got this thing fixed. We're talking about an expensive piece of equipment here. It should function flawlessly provided the user did his part. Let's see... they say Revision B is now on its way.

Yes, Ma'am... You're correct in your observation. Me, I've long wanted to get the MacBook but after reading all those threads in the Mac forums about random shutdowns and thermal issues, I've decided to play the waiting game till Apple's got this thing fixed. We're talking about an expensive piece of equipment here. It should function flawlessly provided the user did his part. Let's see... they say Revision B is now on its way.

I agree :) Sana nga maaddress nila yung mga issues na yun... aesthetically the macbook is quite pretty na e (with the hardware and software combination nya).

I'm a proud owner of a centrino Blue guru =D

system model 259IA1 here are some of the specs

Intel Pentium M 1.80Ghz

1GB RAM

80GB HDD

CD/DVD Combo Drive

intel 2200 wifi card

15.4in. Wide XGA LCD display (1280x800)

ATI Mobility™ RADEON® 9700 with 256Mb VRAM

4-in-1 card reader (MMC/ SD/ MS/ MS Pro)

3 USB 2.0 ports, Firewire, TV-out, Mic-in

PCMCIA Type II card slot, VGA port

56Kb modem V.92 and 10/100MBps LAN

6-cell lithium-ion battery (2.5 hours)

Dimensions (WxDxH): 358 x 275 x 33.1mm.

Weight: 3kgs. (thin and light weight design)

Instant ON Software, Security lock device

Built-in TV tuner with remote

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

My laptop got stolen yesterday and i was hoping if anyone here could help me find where stolen laptops usually end up. I really need the files in there, all my back-up files are also in my laptop bag. I'm desperate, my research data, my patient files and a lot of personal stuff were in there. It's a gray xitrix laptop, i'm sure not much of it is around and it already has cracks on it, so if anyone happens to see it around, It would really be appreciated.

Fujitsu brands are known for durability and stability...I have a Fujitsu Notebook with Pentium MX processor, nasira lang yung pinaka hinge niya dahil lumutong na yung plastic and a little carelesness hehe. Pero still running siya nagssurf pa nga ako e hehe although mabagal...^_^

Anyway, I got this laptop for installment.Ewanko ko lang kung maafford ko pa yung next 11 months hehe...Here's the pic of the model (hindi yan yung akin talaga kinuha ko lang sa Image Results ng Yahoo :P )

ASUS Lamborghini Black Edition

http://www.laptoplog.com/imagenes/asus_l.jpg

My laptop got stolen yesterday and i was hoping if anyone here could help me find where stolen laptops usually end up. I really need the files in there, all my back-up files are also in my laptop bag. I'm desperate, my research data, my patient files and a lot of personal stuff were in there. It's a gray xitrix laptop, i'm sure not much of it is around and it already has cracks on it, so if anyone happens to see it around, It would really be appreciated.

How'd it get stolen if I may ask, if you got pics.. that would help... minsan they just end up in buyandsell papers...

i plan to buy a laptop pero pagka umalis ako for the us next year. dual core na lang ang bibilihin ko ung. gamit kong celeron sa bahay ok naman sya unless games ang gagamitin ko e hindi sya maganda

Unless you're using a Mac, tracing your laptop would be like asking for the stars. With Macs, you could readily trace the unit's history thru its serial number. You'll know who bought it, when was it built, etc. In case it's stolen, simply report it and mercy on the soul of that thief who attempts to bring it to an Apple shop for repairs, mods, etc. He just signed his own death sentence.

my first laptop was a dell latitude c640... lasted for about two years before dying a few months ago. quite a very durable laptop, although i hated the keyboard flexing with a passion (as i really use the keyboard heavily being a software engineer/programmer/network admin/manager).

i now own an ibm thinkpad t42p for two months now - loving every minute of it! even if it's as exciting as a brick on my table, it's nearly an indestructible business mobile machine that does the job well. and the keyboard doesn't flex! and there's no abomination called the windows keys which give me a hard time from reaching alt-tab :-)

maybe if i'd get a new laptop for personal use- it would either be an apple macbook (macbook pro is a bit too big for me), or a sony vaio (minus the exploding batteries). but my business machine would still be a thinkpad T series :D