Laptop/Notebook Owners

Apple Powerbook G4 in Leopard already and iBook G3 in Tiger (satisfied with it, but i'm using the PB more as my iBook seems near retirement : the famous logic board problem of iBooks).

Also using Dell D610 Latitude notebook for work.

Just sold my Neo-Q note running on Linux last week...eyeing an Asus Eee PC ultraportable notebook this X-mas!

Ah but I don't care for those things anymore. I now use a ruggedized laptop from Augmentix. Originally shipped with Vista but I threw that away and installed a hacked version of Mac OS Leopard. Works like a dream. I even got the wifi, and other accessories to work.

Yea thats the way you have to go these days if your rough on your laptop. On the other hand accidents happen and have a durable laptop would be a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Dell Inspiron 1200

WIN XP HOME,SP2

CEL M 360 (1.40GHZ)

40GB,UATA,HDD

760 mb ddr sodim

24X CD-RW/DVD COMBO DRIVE

been using for the past 2 years no problems, upgrading now with

Dell Vostro 1400

Vista Ultimate

Core 2 Duo T5270

2GB,DDR2,667MHZ

128MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400

120G HARD DRIVE, 5400RPM

8X DVD+/-RW DL

DELL WRLS 1390

355 BLUETOOTH WRLESS

i have two (2) ...

my normal company ...

ibm thinkpad r50e ... pentium m 1.5ghz ... 512mb ... 40gb hdd... cdrw/dvd ... dual boot winxp/ubuntu 7.10 linux ...

for home use only ... :D

acer 5583 ... core 2 duo 1.66ghz ... 1gb ... 120gb hdd ...dvdrw ... dual boot winxp/fedora 8 linux ...

somehow, i feel safe having linux always as my 2nd o/s ... hehehe ... :D

i have a Acer Extensa 5210 with 15.4" widescreen display, Intel Celeron M 520 1.6GHz Processor, 80GB Hard Drive, 512MB Memory with genuine Windows Vista Home Basic. Got it last two months ago medyo dyahe sa windows vista may mga drivers softwares na hindi basta basta gumagana kahit papaano pwede ng pagtayagaan latest e

i have a Acer Extensa 5210 with 15.4" widescreen display, Intel Celeron M 520 1.6GHz Processor, 80GB Hard Drive, 512MB Memory with genuine Windows Vista Home Basic. Got it last two months ago medyo dyahe sa windows vista may mga drivers softwares na hindi basta basta gumagana kahit papaano pwede ng pagtayagaan latest e

i would recommend upgrading ur ram to 1 gig para if u install other programs di bumababa performance

Bro let me know if ma-downgrade mo sa xp ang laptop mo ha, we have the same notebook. Or if mag add ka ng RAm eh paki sabihan din ako,gusto malaman magkano ang damages eh. TIA. San ka pala abroad?

Bro let me know if ma-downgrade mo sa xp ang laptop mo ha, we have the same notebook. Or if mag add ka ng RAm eh paki sabihan din ako,gusto malaman magkano ang damages eh. TIA. San ka pala abroad?

^_^ tignan ko pa pre dito ako sa qatar(DOHA) dito ko iniscore itong laptop dito malabo mukhang walang nag upupgrade puro desktop services lang nakikita ko dito malaman pa kung meron dyan sa pinas pag uwi ko pa. Anyway kung may makuha akong info about the matter dont worry ill help you out tutal parehas tayo ng laptop ill pm you ok.

^_^ tignan ko pa pre dito ako sa qatar(DOHA) dito ko iniscore itong laptop dito malabo mukhang walang nag upupgrade puro desktop services lang nakikita ko dito malaman pa kung meron dyan sa pinas pag uwi ko pa. Anyway kung may makuha akong info about the matter dont worry ill help you out tutal parehas tayo ng laptop ill pm you ok.

ah ok, Doha ka pala, ako Ras Laffan pre, dyan ko din sa Doha na-score yung laptop ko, cge pre wait ako info ha, malayo kasi ako dyan sa Doha eh, hehehe. Thanks....

Im currently using my Dell Inspiron 700m Laptop

Ive upgraded the memory from 512 to 2GB RAM

It is a Centrino and runs on 1.8GHz

I love it since it is small 12'1" and is very light. Great for my thesis

I'm satisfied with it.... for now hehehe

thats good 2 hear from a dell user

Anyone here using the new ASUS EEEPC?

Its about 18k locally with 4G SSD storage with 512Meg memory... 7Inch Screen + WIFI + Webcam

LINUX + OPEN OFFICE + Other Apps LOADED...

weighs in at .92kgs or about 2 pounds...

ASUS EEE PC

Yeah i bought mine for 18K added 2K to make the memory to 1GB. Its really great and handy to work with though am kinda havin some issues installing some applications i need for my work. Its using a xandro distro and am tempted to install ubuntu to it... then get perhaps an external HD or a higher sd card... the largest out in the market so far is 8 gb.

batt last for 3 hours running on wifi already haven't tested it on minimal conditions...

i have an hp compaq that operates with xp. and so far im satisfied with it. but,

mid this year i got an hp vista tx1000, it looks nice but it sucks...

i brought it twice already in hp service center because i cannot use it in my globe visibility internet connection, "incompatible with vista". and the 2nd time was its drivers are having some problems. bec of some application i run that again is not compatible with vista. some people told me that vista is really not that good and its just hype. im planning to get a macbook this jan. but a friend told me that i can just replace my tx 1000, os with an apple leopard. is it possible? will the finger security still work?

ah ok, Doha ka pala, ako Ras Laffan pre, dyan ko din sa Doha na-score yung laptop ko, cge pre wait ako info ha, malayo kasi ako dyan sa Doha eh, hehehe. Thanks....

bros,

medyo mahirap talaga magpatakbo ng vista sa 512mb n memory...

i am now using an acer aspire notebook with an amd turion64 processor (also bought @ carrefour, doha)...

the original memory was 512mb and the unit was running on vista basic and the performance that time sucks...

i was considering the options of downgrading to xp but the problem is the availability of the compatible drivers...

i decided to upgrade the memory => i added a 1gb kingston memory (also boought in doha); so my unit is now running with a 1.5gb memory...

i think the performance of my notebook now is comparable to that running with centrino duo processorc + 1gb memory...

hope this helps...

Anyone here using the new ASUS EEEPC?

Its about 18k locally with 4G SSD storage with 512Meg memory... 7Inch Screen + WIFI + Webcam

LINUX + OPEN OFFICE + Other Apps LOADED...

weighs in at .92kgs or about 2 pounds...

ASUS EEE PC

eto nga yung sinasabi ko ,ideal ba siya kung pang-internet at typing lang . pwede ba siyang kabitan ng external hard drive (kasi 2-4 gigs lang yung built-in)?

Edited by deathsaurer