Laptop/Notebook Owners

just bought a Gateway Laptop two weeks ago when i was in the states. Got it for 600 USD. Intel Dual Core, 1.2 GB RAM, DVD-Writer, very nice wide and clear monitor, WLAN, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Graphics, 4-1 Media Reader, 120 GB DASD.

my only rant.... the Windows Home Vista Basic is really too slow. I would want to revert this back to XP Pro, but i am worried about the device drivers. Siguro pag na desperado na ako, tsaka ko na sya downgrade.

Can someone give feedbacks on the ff?

Which is better and why etc etc. Thanks!

Blue Argon C-M626

P24,800

Intel Celeron M 430 1.7Ghz Processor

14.1" XGA Display

512 MB DDR2 SODIMM Memory

60GB Mobile hard Disk Drive

56K Integrated Modem

10/100/100 LAN Intel Pro Wireless 2200 bg

DVD-RW Dual Optical Drive

6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

3 in 1 Card Reader

2 Built In Stereo Speakers

Microsoft Windows XP Home

P29,800

ECSW341UI

ECS Core Duo T2250 1.73 Ghz Processor

IATI RC415M Chipset

14" Wide XGA TFT Glare

60 GB PATA Hard Disk Drive

56k V 92 Modem

10/100 LAN + 802.11 bg on board

DVD-RW Dual Optical Drive

2 Built In Stereo Speakers

1x Express Card Slot,VGA Port

P27,800

HP Compaq Presario 2573

Intel Celeron M 520 1.73 Ghz Processor

Intel 940 GML

15.4" WXGA Brightview

80 Gb SATA Hard Disk Drive

10/100 LAN + 802.11 bg on board

WLAN On Board

Combo CD Writer/DVD Player Optical Drive

3 USB 2.0 RJ-11 RJ-45 HEadphone Out Mic In

S Video Out Kensington Lock Slot

Integrated Altec Lansing Speakers

Sensiy ana baguhan ako d2.

Does it mean ba pag less dan 2Ghz ung Processor ng laptop eh mabagal na?

Nasanay kasi ako pag Desktop mga 3Ghz Speed eh.

Ayun, wala pa akong nakikitang laptop na lagpas 2Ghz Processor.

Anyways sulit ba ung mga Built your own laptop sa Gilmore? Baka kasi ung parts na gagamitin nila dun is not bnew.

And, whats the bets low end budget laptop? Pang Downoad,surf,chat, at occasional video editing.

Ok naman ang celeron/centrino?

Eto ok ba to?

Priced at 29k

HP Compaq nx9040 Dothan Notebook:

Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology

Intel® Pentium® M processor 725

Processor Speed 1.6GHz

2Mb L2 cache

Intel® 855GM, 400MHz FSB

512Mb DDR SDRAM, Upgradeable to 2048Mb Max.(1024Mb SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2)

40Gb 4200rpm

24X DVD/CD-RW Combo

Floppy Disk Drive 1.44Mb FDD

15in. XGA display w/ 1024x768 res.

Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 w/ up to 64Mb of shared system memory

Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11b/g

Integrated 10/100Mbps NIC

Modem High Speed 56Kb Modem

Card Slots Two Type I/II PC Card Slots

Ports: VGA, RJ-11, RJ-45

IEEE 1394

USB 2.0(two), serial, parallel (on select models)

infrared, s-video

external micrphone

headphone/line out

dc power

Dimension 4.19(h) x 27.23(w) x 32.75(d)cm.

Weight 2.86kgs.

Battery 6-cell Lithium-ION Battery

hindi ok to para sakin... if u will buy a laptop today... you better go to a core duo or turion and must at least have 1gbRAM.. most of the applications now a days require this as recommended... for windows dont go to the minimum.. the performance sucks..

Hey guys

Ung mga laptop niyo ba may dead/stuck pixels?

If ever pano niyo inayso or pinapalitan niyo ba?

cant be fixed you need to replace it... kung under warranty punta ksa pinagbilan mo para mapalitan... and para mapalitan sya may minimum # ng dead pixel kung isa lng... no chance na mapalita... :D

available na ba dito yang asus eeepc?

got my own asus eeepc. sa GHertz, Rob place ko nabili last sunday, Nov 18.

still using its linux OS (but i'm still looking for a user-friendly way to make an XP bootable SD card (current methods are too technical for me :) )

good thing with linux is that i don't have to worry about viruses and malware

Yay! Amazon just delivered. I wanted a laptop more rugged than my Macbook Pro for really tossing around on out of town trips and since I have been able to install the new Leopard OS in my dad's C2D desktop from Virra mall, I thought that even if Apple did not make a ruggedized computer, several companies do and what's to stop me putting OS X on one of those? So, I got a more heavy duty version of Dell's ATG630 semi-rugged laptop:

The Augmentix XTG630

• CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo "Santa Rosa" architecture - 2.4GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Smart Cache

• Display: 14.1" Wide-Aspect - WXGA (1280x800) transmissive with outdoor readability (DirectVue™)

• Memory: 4GB DDR2

• Video: Intel GMA Graphics X3100-Vista (Aero Certified)

• HDD: 1.8" rugged, SATA shock-mounted, user-removable HDD Bay - 80GB

• Environmental Characteristics and Testing: Engineered and independently tested to Military Standards (MIL-STD-810F) for operation in extreme, challenging conditions. Level 54 Intrusion Protection (IP54)

MIL-STD 810F means that it must survive being dropped 29 times from a height of 36 inches on to an unyielding surface from every side. I know that keyboard is waterproof. I must check if it is blood proof too hehehe.

Edited by boomouse
Ive used the 3M protector. It acts as a physical protector from damage and keeps peeping toms away from my long flights on planes or trains. :D As for the psp type screen protector they tend to get air bubbles in them if your are not careful.

My experience is that screens rarely get scratched unless you are grossly negligent. You will break the lcd first before you scratch it.

I use a film protector only on the external panels of my macbook pro to protect the aluminum case from scratches. I also use protction film on the trackpad and tracpad button to keep them from getting shiny and looking overused.

My experience is that screens rarely get scratched unless you are grossly negligent. You will break the lcd first before you scratch it.

I use a film protector only on the external panels of my macbook pro to protect the aluminum case from scratches. I also use protction film on the trackpad and tracpad button to keep them from getting shiny and looking overused.

precisley....My first HP laptop had a regular aluminum back that would get scratch like crazy. Finally I got fed up and used double layered vinyl and custom cut around the top and insides. My new laptop the Hypersonic has a titanium back and...well no scratches at all hahahaha

hehehe, got a new thinkpad t60 widescreen from the states..can't believe the big price difference between here and there, more than 100% ang patong dito!...dun with bundled USB TV tuner pa..straight from circuit city!

pays to have a PAL pilot brother, hehehe..basta lusot sa customs hehehe..

You don't need any customs contacts. Computer imports in personal quantities are not taxed. I think the fact that your brother goes in and out of the country frequently is the greater benefit.

Besides, your T60 is a 2006 vintage notebook with the old core duo processor. It has been superceded by the t61 14 inch and t61 15 inch in the market. These are the widescreen models with the core2duo cpu. Later models of the T60 from the T60-1953 came out with a C2D interim to the T61 roll out. If you got one of these later ones, you got a bargain. Otherwise, half the price is par for the course.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have had some experience with Circuit City too and I had a feeling that the only time they heavily discount inventory is when it is about to be returned to the supplier anyway. Lenovo gives massive rebates on old inventory just so that they don't get returned.

Guest Leviticus
hehehe, got a new thinkpad t60 widescreen from the states..can't believe the big price difference between here and there, more than 100% ang patong dito!...dun with bundled USB TV tuner pa..straight from circuit city!

pays to have a PAL pilot brother, hehehe..basta lusot sa customs hehehe..

ayun.. yesterday I was at a computer supply center/shop looking for a 48-port router (imagine that.. nasa probinsya ako and they have this on hand while dyan sa manila you have to pre-order it). anyway, I saw a USB TV tuner on the display case and it got my attention, but I didn't ask the sales clerk about it since nakadouble park ako sa labas ng shop at nagmamadali.

how does that USB TV tuner work? and how much is it? what does it do? para sa mga local TV lang ba yan?

precisley....My first HP laptop had a regular aluminum back that would get scratch like crazy. Finally I got fed up and used double layered vinyl and custom cut around the top and insides. My new laptop the Hypersonic has a titanium back and...well no scratches at all hahahaha

Ah but I don't care for those things anymore. I now use a ruggedized laptop from Augmentix. Originally shipped with Vista but I threw that away and installed a hacked version of Mac OS Leopard. Works like a dream. I even got the wifi, and other accessories to work.

Currently using a Toshiba Satellite X205-S7483 model. Satisfied with the performance as with its power but am disappointed with the weight. I guess I made a wrong decision getting this one as I need to carry it on international business travels. Anyone have suggestions which model I can purchase with the same power and with finger scan protection,preferably light weight? I used to own a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ38GP/c...quite ideal for me kayalang got stolen by akyat-bahay gang when they broke into my house. :cry: