Laptop/Notebook Owners

Thug... I do have a desk top pc at home.. but I can't let go of my laptop due to mobility reason (as mentioned by L3v3l).. Laptop has certain advantages for people like me.

Anyway, someone mentioned that HDD & RAM is upgradeable.. As I mentioned, this is my 4th laptop and was wondering if really can 'coz I'm having a hard time looking for upgrade parts..

Anyway for those who can help.. my current laptop is HP

ok ba ung mga viper at ecs brand na notebooks?

actually viper is just a name given by Villman computer shop to their generic laptops..

you can actually buy generic laptops by bulk in china and just give it your own brand..

there are numerous generic laptops around..

ECS is a leading desktop motherboard maker, although not sure if they also do the motherboard of their laptops.. it could also be the same generic laptop and was rebranded to carry the brandname of ECS..

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

There is a Compaq Presario model V3019 with a Radeon 6150 Graphics card that I am also looking at. It is one of my other serious considerations.

The info you just gave me may tip the scales a bit, unless there is also an Acer service center in Manila.

the most popular, most common branded laptops in Philippines is HP and/or Compaq.. with availability of authorized service centers..

followed closely by Dell then Acer

acer is also popular but i dont have that much info about acer authorized repair shops..

if coming over to philippines, you are better off buying HP or Compaq laptops..

I have a Dell D610. I've been using it for almost a year now and so far, so good. The only drawback is the flimsy monitor hinge construction. After about six months, there's a noticeable "play" or movement in the hinge. I didn't experience this when I was still using IBM. Other than that, the D610 is just about as good as it gets as a travel laptop.

I agree with you Guys,

I have Dell D600 - gamit ko sa office.

So far, yung service Ok naman.

may local support kasi ang Dell sa pinas.

:mtc:

san ba dito sa metro manila ang authorized dell service center?

lahat naman ng laptop gawa either taiwan or china yan.. and yung support nyan gawang atin hehehe.. nasa ortigas, makati, libis etc.. tawag ka 1-900 akala mo papunta sa US pero dito rin bagsak nun..

Thug... I do have a desk top pc at home.. but I can't let go of my laptop due to mobility reason (as mentioned by L3v3l).. Laptop has certain advantages for people like me.

Anyway, someone mentioned that HDD & RAM is upgradeable.. As I mentioned, this is my 4th laptop and was wondering if really can 'coz I'm having a hard time looking for upgrade parts..

HP is easier to upgrade... the hd and memory are not pr0prietary

Got a DL70 generic laptop from villman. one of their Viper brands without the viper logo.

1.7ghz Centrino, 915 chipset, 128mb Radeon X600, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD, DVD R/RW burner, wifi b/g, tv tuner and 15.4 lcd.

I wasn't too worried about reliability or build quality since the taiwanese manufacturer is also an OEM for other branded names. Its better than toshibas with shoddier build quality. Works fine after a year of punishment as a desktop replacement (sometimes working for days). It's on the heavy side and generates a lot of heat after a while. Wish the battery lasted longer though but its a power hog so what can you expect. Also wish it had bluetooth....

I'm looking for a cooling solution. Are thouse cooling pads with fans any good? There are things to raise the back end of the laptop off the desk to improve circulation but I still more cooling power. Any ideas pls. ?

Thanks!!

HDD and RAM are upgradable in all laptops. you just have to make sure you get the right type.. EIDE or SATA for your HDD; DDR or DDR2 for your RAM.

i recently got an asus a3fc

1.66ghz, core duo processer

15" xga screen

512 mb ram (upgradeable)

60g hdd (upgradeable, but which i don't really need cuz i have a 120g

2.5 hdd in an enclosure...)

dvd-rw (dvd-ram)

4-in-1 card reader

2 YEAR INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY

for me, the warranty was the deciding factor. i own an old ibm celeron and everything started going downhill 1 week after the 1-year warranty. the shop i bought it from said i could bring it to them or to the asus shp itself anytime in the next 2 years (both shops are practically across each other in hte same mall).

so far, the a3fc has been very zippy. i can multi-task such as running 2 videos (from my external hdd) and surfing the net at the same time. it only seems to need all the laptop's resources when its burning a dvd. :D

battery is excellent. the shop where i bought it said it is guaranteed to give me 3.5 to 4 hrs. which it does.

lastly, it was on 0% interest for 12 mos. which was just what i needed because i didn't want to put that much cash out. i even got it even cheaper after convincing the shop personnel to knock off the price of the bundled printer which i idon't really need.

excellent laptop! highly recommended.

Guest -=xerxes=-

just purchased an acer travelmate3252wxmi

Product Details

Model TM3252WXMi

Specifications

Processor Intel Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology

Processor Type Core Duo T2300E(1.66Ghz, 2MB, 667FSB)

Chipset Intel® 945GM ExpressChipset

Memory 512MB DDR2

Display Screen 14.1" WXGA TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution

Video Type Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Video Memory 224 MB Shared Memory

Hard Disk 60 GB IDE HDD

Optical Drive Built-in DVD Super Multi Double Layer Drive

Weight 2.35 kg

Dimension 334 (W) x 243 (D) x 28/35 (H) mm

Operating System Windows XP Home Operating System

Network Interface Built in 56K Modem, Built in 10/100 Mbps LAN

Wireless LAN Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG ( 802.11a/b/g)

Card Reader Built in 5 in 1 Card Reader

Bluetooth Built-In Bluetooth

Battery Type 6 Cell Battery, 44.4W Li-ion battery pack

Battery Life 3.0 hour Battery Life

[img=

http://www.acer.com.ph/pics/products/main_3252.gif][/img]

ok naman so far

super swabe in switching from one wi-fi hotspot to another in my workplace :cool:

Edited by -=xerxes=-

I use 2 laptops.

1) IBM R52 Centrino 1.7 Ghz

Windows XP Pro SP2 Dual Boot with Slackware Linux 10.2

768 MB DDR2 Memory

80 GB Internal HDD

40 GB External HDD

DVD RW SATA Internal

802.11G WiFi

Built-in Biometrics Fingerprint Scanner

Dual TouchPad or Trackpad

2 x USB 2.0