Dreams don't work unless you do.

Good afternoon >:)

The desire of the sluggard puts him to death,

for his hands refuse to work.

Proverbs 21:25 (NASB)

Pray... "Our Father" ...for the Holy Father (Pope John Paul II)

"Hail Mary" and "Glory Be" ...for World Peace & Tranquility!

Thank you for all the blessings you've given me O Lord. Thank you for making us safe always.

Please take good care of my family..give them strength to carry their burdens. Keep them in your care as they struggle to fight for their illnesses. May your grace be with them at this trying moments. As well Lord, help me to overcome my own battle. Amen.

dear bestfriend,

it's been a long time, huh.

you know what, ive got so many things to tell you

and to thank for.

u know what's happening now in my life...

and i want to thank you for giving me those gifts.

those new friends u sent me...?, wow!

they're so nice. thank you

love you always! :)

Restoring life to dry bones

Good News Reflection

Friday of the 20th Week in Ordinary Time

August 20, 2004

Today's Memorial: Saint Bernard

Today's Scriptures:

Ez 37:1-14

Ps 107:(1) 2-9

Matt 22:34-40

Reflection:

Do you have any relationships that once were good but now have dried up? A relationship that has rotted, that has no flesh on it, no life? It's nothing but dry bones? Or a dream that has faded or a ministry that has withered? Today's first reading gives us a very graphic image of God's power to resurrect anything. Nothing is ever hopeless except in hell.

If it's good for us and when the timing is right, God the Father will put flesh back on any bones that he has created: any relationship, any dream, any desire that he himself has given you. But this new "flesh" will not resurrect what has died. Something else is needed: the spirit of life, the Holy Spirit.

As the scripture says, "From the four winds -- from all directions -- come, O Spirit, and breathe into these slain and bring them to life." The Spirit, as the giver of life, puts holiness back into the relationship, into the dream, into the ministry. Without the Holy Spirit, there is no hope, but with the Holy Spirit, there is life and a future.

Holiness is life. Consider how humility, truth, and unconditional love, which are attributes of holiness, give us life. Selfishness, deception, and an unwillingness to be vulnerable infect our relationships, rot away what was good, and leave us with nothing but dry bones. Self-importance, compromises on moral issues, and a distaste for loving servanthood infect our ministries, because they k*ll our relationship with God and we lose his guidance that would have led us to success.

When I was a child, Jesus became my dearest friend, but I knew nothing of the Holy Spirit. As a teenager, I instinctively sought the Spirit's power, but I looked for it in the occult, which diseased my faith. After seven years of this, my friendship with Jesus had dried up into lifeless bones.

Then Jesus brought someone into my life who introduced me to the Holy Spirit. After I gave my heart to this Third Person of the Trinity, the truth about each occult belief became clear to me. Breath by breath, the Spirit of Truth gave me a fuller life in God's kingdom.

It's the Holy Spirit who breathes life into these Daily Reflections to give you what you need when you need it. Ask this wonderful Person to teach you truth, weed out any false beliefs you've got, and empower you to do everything God asks of you. From this prayer will grow new life, and you'll eventually receive the resurrections for which you've been waiting.

Lord, please bless my babies. Keep them safe, happy, and healthy. Help me and my husband that we may bring them up properly, so that they may be better people than we are. Help us that we may do well by them and that we may not let You down. Help us that they may be responsible, God-fearing Christians.

im prayin that

:heart: my friend the tiger aces his bar exams... 4 tough wkends for you friend but im rootin for yah!

:heart: ate continues to recover and she gets her head on straight

:heart: i continue to be firm in my resolve to.. well you know what that is all bout father God.

:heart: that i complete my program, go back to visit my friends and eventually go home before the real grind starts

thank you father God, thy will be done.

-k

Father,

Allow our government to solve the economic porblem so I may continue to live as I do. 'twould be too much for me to ask for a better life than I have now,so I ask to be able to live this way for longer than what others are predicting. It pains me to see street children, hungry and cold, please allow their families to be capable of taking care of them - They distress me. They serve as a reminder that life is not at all beautiful.

Let me have a heart of stone so that nothing will affect me, if the end is indeed inevitable.

Guest event_horizon

ok.. it has been a while that is for sure. i am not even sure what to call you. i simply can't type/say it probably bcoz i don't even feel worthy of doing this. besides, expressing what i feel here is the last thing that i thought i would do. but i guess it has to start somewhere... and there are a lot of things that is happening in my life that i never thought i would ever do anyway, so what the heck.

i guess i have to start with asking for your help. i feel really guilty for asking coz i know i am not worthy to. those requests i had before where not for me so which is why i went ahead and asked for them anyway. i want your help to bring back my faith in you. i cannot do this alone. i tried many times as you know but everytime i get on the right track, something nasty happens and i get disillusioned all over again. i have to admit, there are times i feel that even trying is a waste of effort and time.

sometimes, i can't help blaming you for the not so nice things that happen. i know it is my fault those happen but i want to blame you for letting those happen. it reached to the point that i don't want to believe you exist.. that there is someone up there.. that religion is not just a propaganda powerful people use..

you know me, i have served you all my college life.. i gave you all my afternoons right after class up until the wee hours of the next morning. i gave up all my weekends to help "fish" for your other children and take care of the less fortunate ones. i will say it did make me feel great...... but at what cost? a family that tried to be together even though you can feel the tension? you know what i am talking about....

i know i can longer change the past.. and even if i am given the chance, i am not sure if i have enough will power to do so. so i guess i will have to deal with it one way or the other.

i know you know that i still find it hard to believe in you.. to trust in you.. but i guess i still have to thank you for still answering prayers.. for helping out those whom i care for. at least that gives me some indication that i am not hopeless. and the fact that i feel guilty approaching you and asking you i guess has to mean something.

but it just hurts so bad that i just want to "run away". you know i have this tendency as i have attempted it 3 times already. what just keeps me from doing it are thoughts of things i want in life that flashes right before it happens. i will try to promise you that i won't do it coz i know it is a stupid thing to do and the gift of life is a lot more precious than what i perceive it to be.

well, this is getting a bit too long and since i really need faith to start it going, that will be the ony thing i ask for now. the rest will follow as other poeple say. i am sorry for doubting you, even up to this very moment. i am sorry for thinking that you are not that good that you would not want me to be yours given the life i am living.. the things i do... the hatred i have inside.

till next...........

Guest kizmet

Dear God,

I Thank You now that You are taking me where I need to go and giving me everything I need to get over the rough spots along the way.. Continue to guide me oh Lord, send me the strength of the Holy Spirit that I may overcome those diffuculties that may cause me to collapse under external pressures.

F

Edited by kizmet