Sana Dalawa Ang Puso Ko!

Actually, much depends on our environment, our society, and yes, even our religion.

Most of us have been raised as Christians. In this religion, only one spouse. Having more than one is immoral.

But there are other religions that allow for polygamous unions. One even grants up to four wives.

In such a case, what then is being unfaithful? Who's right? So, for us, when you have one, then get another, you're unfaithful. But for someone who belongs to another religion, you can have four, and when you get a fifth, you're unfaithful.

Somehow, there's a lot of subjectivity even in somethings that seemingly appears to be absolute.

Ito talaga ang masarap pagusapan eh.

I remember asking my husband "What makes Infidelity wrong?" and he answered me with another question, "Why do you want to make it right?" :lol: :lol:

And I answered him directly "To preserve the value of Women". ;)

But then again, we live in this kind of society. We have to abide the laws and honor Christian values.

I don't remember sharing this.. If I did already (maybe in another thread), sorry if I'm repeating myself..

My take: I feel that having two hearts (in the context of being able to love 2 at the same time) is not the "solution" to what we are after.. Its not about how many hearts we have but rather how "Big" enough heart we have to enable us to give a lot of loving.. Or to love as much as we want.. (within all natural boundaries)

In my case, its really only up to me whether or not I limit myself or allow myself to love less or more.. There are no set formulas, no pre-planned agendas.. It just is..

If it were a matter of matching hearts to loving, then where's the line where I can buy more hearts?.. And do they come cheaper by the dozen?.. :wub: ;) :lol:

I only have one.. I make mine work hard, exercise, multitask, and most of all..

Let it Love as much as it can.. :)

Edited by robsalvador

Ito talaga ang masarap pagusapan eh.

I remember asking my husband "What makes Infidelity wrong?" and he answered me with another question, "Why do you want to make it right?" :lol: :lol:

And I answered him directly "To preserve the value of Women". ;)

But then again, we live in this kind of society. We have to abide the laws and honor Christian values.

I guess you got your answer. There are so-called universal or absolute concepts. There is such a thing as right and wrong. However, much of these are interpreted depending on which society, and which religion, we belong to. And, of course, we cannot also "live by ourselves," meaning, just throw away the norms of society and religion. (Well, the latter may be thrown away especially for those who profess not belonging to any. But, definitely, the former... hmmm... it's kinda hard because wherever we go to, there are always social norms and precepts.)

So, absolute norms have their own definition and parameters depending on where you are, and which group of society or religion you belong to. Heck, even such a thing as "value of women" will depend on what part of the globe you are living in. If you are Japanese, then, you definitely will still be a "second-class citizen" whereby you have a very low glass ceiling in the office, will stand up every tea/coffee break to prepare the beverage for your male counterparts, will always be standing on the trains and buses because males take the privilege of sitting down, will always stand back when entering the elevator or a room because in Japan it's always "men first," etc...etc... (I'm glad I didn't grow up in Japan. It feels a lot better to live with the "ladies' first" practice.)

Are there absolute notions of "being faithful" and "unfaithful?" Of course. Then, again, the parameters of such will depend on where you are, and which religious group you belong to. Hence, for most of the western Christian world, the usual norm of being faithful is "sticking to one spouse." More than that would be deemed "unfaithful." And if you belonged to the other group that espouses the teaching of the prophet Mohammad, you could, under certain circumstances, have even up to 4 wives.

Now, I'm not an authority on the four-wives concept so I can't really say what is "faithful" and "unfaithful" as far as the Quran teaches. Hehehe... pardon my ignorance. However, I can make a conjecture that, well, if you have four wives, then, you just have to stick it out with them, and not have "a fifth." :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a tough question without having more information.

This is a dilemma that you will have to sort out with lots of thinking. Are you sure this is love? Are you possible not happy with something in your marriage and don't know it? Then you would be looking for outside happyness. If you are completely unhappy in your marriage and want to work it out then do that, if you don't then you do deserve to be happy and should tell your spouse before any feelings come about between you and your new interest. People get married for the wrong reasons sometimes and then realize that it just wasnt what they wanted. Be honest with yourself and other from start to finish and then you would agonize about it later. Be ready though for this to backfire on you too. Do you know if the other person loves you, too. What if you separate or divorce your husband to find out the other person isn't in love with you? Sit down and weigh all the options and do what is best for you with the least amount of hurt to be felt by all. Dont stay in a relationship that you are not happy in, we only live once and you do deserve to be happy.

-- Anonymous

Edited by naughTyMelanie
  • 8 months later...

So, absolute norms have their own definition and parameters depending on where you are, and which group of society or religion you belong to. Heck, even such a thing as "value of women" will depend on what part of the globe you are living in. If you are Japanese, then, you definitely will still be a "second-class citizen" whereby you have a very low glass ceiling in the office, will stand up every tea/coffee break to prepare the beverage for your male counterparts, will always be standing on the trains and buses because males take the privilege of sitting down, will always stand back when entering the elevator or a room because in Japan it's always "men first," etc...etc... (I'm glad I didn't grow up in Japan. It feels a lot better to live with the "ladies' first" practice.)

Yet I heard this anecdote before - "when choosing a wife, choose Japanese" :)

Now, I'm not an authority on the four-wives concept so I can't really say what is "faithful" and "unfaithful" as far as the Quran teaches. Hehehe... pardon my ignorance. However, I can make a conjecture that, well, if you have four wives, then, you just have to stick it out with them, and not have "a fifth." :rolleyes:

You can actually divorce any of the wives and replace if you want a fifth and can't have it.

This is unfair. Aren't we all entitled to have our own harems? :D :lol:

Edited by friendly0603
  • 4 weeks later...

met this girl in tagged. when we met, to my surprise she was far more beautiful from her pictures.

we went out on a date and totally forgot about the time coz i guess we enjoyed each others company.

now im feeling guilty coz i didnt tell her im married and she was totally honest about herself being

a single mom and all. haay sana dalawa ang puso ko...

• 11 months later...

i'm in the same mess. I just broke up with my gf here in the Philippines (gf #1) because I have another gf in Qatar (gf #2). when I told her the news she was very devastated to say the least, kahit ako nasaktan sa ginawa ko. now that I'm going back to Qatar, I'm asking myself if I made a big mistake, because gf#1 never demanded anything from me and we'd still have a good time. she let me be who I want to be. however #2 became my gf because of the loneliness abroad, but she's more demanding and even asked me to choose. the compelling factor in this case is that gf#1 is most likely past child-bearing age, but I always get the feeling that I love her more than #2.

hirap talaga.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How i wish i can make my own destiny..

they said i'm the one who's responsible in my own life..

thats true but there's a time that you cannot control anything and in the end your gonna let it happen whether you like it or not..

​i have a lot of experiences about this topic,. i cant decide because i dont want to hurt anyone of them.. BF#1 lives at the place that not so far but its almost 64.18 km away, and we do love each other,. BF#2 lives near me but if your gonna ask me if i love him, my answer is i dont know, hes kind and sweet i can say that i really like him but i dont know if its going to be love..im so confused.. :( i dont want to hurt them,i know this is not right but how can you say its wrong if the feeling seems so right.. you can call me anything you want like bitch,wore,,flip,etc... im just a woman,im not perfect, but atleast im real...

i just want to express this here like im just writing on a Diary..

i need answers..i need signs..

Edited by Ivory.Hatsuka
  • Like (+1) 1

thats true but there's a time that you cannot control anything and in the end your gonna let it happen whether you like it or not..

​i have a lot of experiences about this topic,. i cant decide because i dont want to hurt anyone of them.. BF#1 lives at the place that not so far but its almost 64.18 km away, and we do love each other,. BF#2 lives near me but if your gonna ask me if i love him, my answer is i dont know, hes kind and sweet i can say that i really like him but i dont know if its going to be love..im so confused.. :( i dont want to hurt them,i know this is not right but how can you say its wrong if the feeling seems so right.. you can call me anything you want like bitch,wore,,flip,etc... im just a woman,im not perfect, but atleast im real...

Ok sige, totohanan lang tayo. I am not gonna call you names or anything like that. Maybe you are not such an evil person, you just don't make good decisions. But definitely you are being irresponsible and you lack the proper emotional maturity to handle a relationship.

Tingin ko, 3 ang taong niloloko mo dito. si BF1 si BF2 at higit sa lahat ay ang sarili mo. Niloloko mo ang sarili mo na makakalusot ka habang panahon, at higit sa lahat na wala kang control sa sitwasyon mo. Yun naman ang kalokohan. Kasi hindi ka naman ipe=pursue ng lalake kung hindi mo naman sya wine-welcome. Ikaw na rin me sabi, di ka pala siguradong mahal mo yung pangalwa eh bakit mo winewelcome? Bakit kayo me relasyon? Dahil sa malayo si BF1? isa pa din yan na maling dahilan. Kung di mo pala kaya makipaglong distance relationship (Actually di naman nga long yung distance) eh bat mo sinagot?

So you see? All this is about is the choices that YOU have made! Accept some responsibility naman and dont throw a convenient excuse like, "Oh its not my fault, I had no control". Alam mo iha, 2 bagay kelangan mo matutunan.

1. We always have a choice and we have to accept responsibility for them. Even when a gun is being pressed against your head, you are still being offered a choice. Do what the man says, or risk getting shot. What I am trying to make you understand is that LIFE WILL NOT ALWAYS OFFER YOU THE OPTIONS YOU WANT. But you will always have options and you gotta be responsible for the consequences. You are not a product of your situation, this situation is a product of you. And until you accept this as a responsibility, eh walang mangyayari sayo. Talagang kulong ka sa sitwasyon na ito.

2. Feelings are not enough for you to pursue something. Kelangan gamitan din yan ng konting pagiisip. Kaya nga mas nakakataas ang utak di ba? Kung puro ka emosyon lagi, eh talaga ngang hindi mo na titignan ang tama at mali. kahit mali, pinipilit mong ituwid gamit ang mga baluktot na pangangatwiran tulad nito. OO hindi nga natin nako-control nararamdaman natin lagi. PERO YUNG ACTIONS NATIN eh completely nakadepende satin. Conscious decision yan lagi.

At the end of the day, life does not excuse you from your failed decisions no matter how valid they may seem to be. Alam mo, kung ako sana sayo, eh hiwalayan mo muna pareho. Kasi kawawa naman sila. Lalo kung sincere naman sila. Saying ayaw mo sila masaktan is not an excuse. Hindi habang panahon pwede mo itago yan. At masasaktan at masasaktan mo din sila eventually. Alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit sa pride ng lalake yang ginagawa mo? Hindi ka pa ready para maghandle ng isang mature na relationship base sa nabasa ko dito.

Ako idealistic ako masyado. Gusto ko talaga ng isa lang

Pag sa favorite restaurant ko, gusto ko same waiter lagi ang ang magsisilbi sakin, kasi alam na alam nya mga paborito ko

Pag magpapagupit, dun ako lagi sa parehong barbero, kahit me mas murang gupit, eh mahirap na kasi hindi naman nya kilala talaga ayus ng buhok ko.

Pag sa training naman, gusto ko yung parehong instructor/coach/dietician lang, kasi mas alam nya resistensya at lakas ko, tsaka mas alam nya kung papano ako ichallenge

Sa mga trivial na bagay na ito, possible naman makuntento sa isa. Bakit hindi sa isang tao na pabibigyan mo ng puso mo

Ok sige, totohanan lang tayo. I am not gonna call you names or anything like that. Maybe you are not such an evil person, you just don't make good decisions. But definitely you are being irresponsible and you lack the proper emotional maturity to handle a relationship.

Tingin ko, 3 ang taong niloloko mo dito. si BF1 si BF2 at higit sa lahat ay ang sarili mo. Niloloko mo ang sarili mo na makakalusot ka habang panahon, at higit sa lahat na wala kang control sa sitwasyon mo. Yun naman ang kalokohan. Kasi hindi ka naman ipe=pursue ng lalake kung hindi mo naman sya wine-welcome. Ikaw na rin me sabi, di ka pala siguradong mahal mo yung pangalwa eh bakit mo winewelcome? Bakit kayo me relasyon? Dahil sa malayo si BF1? isa pa din yan na maling dahilan. Kung di mo pala kaya makipaglong distance relationship (Actually di naman nga long yung distance) eh bat mo sinagot?

So you see? All this is about is the choices that YOU have made! Accept some responsibility naman and dont throw a convenient excuse like, "Oh its not my fault, I had no control". Alam mo iha, 2 bagay kelangan mo matutunan.

1. We always have a choice and we have to accept responsibility for them. Even when a gun is being pressed against your head, you are still being offered a choice. Do what the man says, or risk getting shot. What I am trying to make you understand is that LIFE WILL NOT ALWAYS OFFER YOU THE OPTIONS YOU WANT. But you will always have options and you gotta be responsible for the consequences. You are not a product of your situation, this situation is a product of you. And until you accept this as a responsibility, eh walang mangyayari sayo. Talagang kulong ka sa sitwasyon na ito.

2. Feelings are not enough for you to pursue something. Kelangan gamitan din yan ng konting pagiisip. Kaya nga mas nakakataas ang utak di ba? Kung puro ka emosyon lagi, eh talaga ngang hindi mo na titignan ang tama at mali. kahit mali, pinipilit mong ituwid gamit ang mga baluktot na pangangatwiran tulad nito. OO hindi nga natin nako-control nararamdaman natin lagi. PERO YUNG ACTIONS NATIN eh completely nakadepende satin. Conscious decision yan lagi.

At the end of the day, life does not excuse you from your failed decisions no matter how valid they may seem to be. Alam mo, kung ako sana sayo, eh hiwalayan mo muna pareho. Kasi kawawa naman sila. Lalo kung sincere naman sila. Saying ayaw mo sila masaktan is not an excuse. Hindi habang panahon pwede mo itago yan. At masasaktan at masasaktan mo din sila eventually. Alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit sa pride ng lalake yang ginagawa mo? Hindi ka pa ready para maghandle ng isang mature na relationship base sa nabasa ko dito.

I agree completely with you @Edmund Dantes. In the end, we all CAN MAKE choices. And we should. Likewise, we have to stand by our choices, and not allow ourselves to be carried away by our feelings, and make excuses and justifications. It's so lame to do so.

Don't make life complicated Miss @Ivory.Hatsuka. Put yourself in the shoes of your fellow females: how you females detest men who have several GFs or wives. Most of you ladies cannot understand why men are machos because they can have several SOs, or GFs, or can be married and have a querida. If such a phenomenon is disgusting, make sure you're not in the same rut. You DON'T NEED answers, nor do you require any sign. You just need to make up your mind, chose, and decide. That's all.

This issue is very personal for me, and frankly, I hate it. I had been involved with someone like you. She had two of us. I knew it early, but I allowed her to continue pretending I didn't know anything. And she continued also thinking I didn't know. How brazen of her!

Edited by jgc813

You definitely are not alone. It may feel right as of the moment but to continue on this path leads to more misery and a very painful heart ache. It is tough but the really right way is for you to choose.

And if you must choose between the 2, then don't go with the one you know you can live comfortably with but choose the one you absolutely can not live without.

It'll hurt like crazy at first but believe me, you and everyone involved will be grateful and happier in the long run and it would allow you to really focus on making your relationship a lasting one.

I wish you happiness and all the love you so much deserve. :)

Cheers!