Any Metalheads Here In Mtc?

Immortal666

hindi ninyo alam ang tunay na metal. mga bulok kasi kayo. mabuhay ang tunay na pinoy metal! mabuhay ang wolfgang!

THe truth Hurts pare pero ganun talaga.. Sad But TRue,,kahit kanino mo tanungin ,, sa mga panahon nung mid 90's ..

WOLFGANG aY HARD ROCK lang... d cla uubra sa mga TUNAY AT TOTOONG METAL nung panahon na yun.. D ka pa cguro aware sa LOCAL METAL scene nung era na yun...Sa mga kasabayan ng WOLFGANG nun ay panis na panis si BASTI, kahit nga KAMIKAZE eh mas mabigat pa cla sa WG nung kapanahunan nila eh.. ewan ko lang baket nag-evolve ang KAMIKAZEE sa bolok nilang tugtugin ngayon..

examples: SKY CHURCH, RUMBLE BELLY, DAHONG PALAY, BACKDRAFT, .. - ETO ANG MGA TUNAY NA METAL !! AT saka ang babaw lang ng LYRICS ng WOLFGANG>. ISANg album lang medyo nagustuhan ko sa kanila. yung meron kantang ARISE.. pero yung mga sumunod SABLAY NA lahat!!! BWEHH!! BWEHH!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: BWAHAHAHAHH

Sa present scene.. eto ang mga okay- VALLEY OF CHROME, SIN, .. nakalimutan ko na names nung ibang mga okay,

TRUE FANS OF THE LOCAL METAL SCENE KNOWS WOLFGANG'S ONLY A HARD ROCK BAND.. TRYING 2 BE METAL. :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: . BUT THEY CANNOT BE,, :sleepysmiley03:

I'm a Wolfgang fan and I'll be the first to admit na hindi metal ang music nila. Maski tanungin mo pa siguro yung mga members ng Wolfgang, di nila sasabihin na metal ang tugutgan nila. Although na-influence sila ng Sabbath, Maiden and Metallica, yung output naman nila ay hard rock lang. Hindi naman porke metal-influenced na ang isang banda ay metal na agad sila.

But let's not degenerate this thread into a Wolfgang-bashing thread. Metal or not, Wolfgang made great music and for me that's the important thing. Hindi naman porke hindi sila metal ay hindi na sila dapat pakinggan.

Teka, anong metal bands na ba ang narinig niyo? Baka naman hanggang Metallica at Pantera lang kayo. Mas marami pang metal bands na dapat ninyong pakinggan. You just need to do some research. Back reading on this thread will help too.

I'm a Wolfgang fan and I'll be the first to admit na hindi metal ang music nila. Maski tanungin mo pa siguro yung mga members ng Wolfgang, di nila sasabihin na metal ang tugutgan nila. Although na-influence sila ng Sabbath, Maiden and Metallica, yung output naman nila ay hard rock lang. Hindi naman porke metal-influenced na ang isang banda ay metal na agad sila.

But let's not degenerate this thread into a Wolfgang-bashing thread. Metal or not, Wolfgang made great music and for me that's the important thing. Hindi naman porke hindi sila metal ay hindi na sila dapat pakinggan.

Teka, anong metal bands na ba ang narinig niyo? Baka naman hanggang Metallica at Pantera lang kayo. Mas marami pang metal bands na dapat ninyong pakinggan. You just need to do some research. Back reading on this thread will help too.

tama ka dyan bossing! magaling ang wolfgang pero di sila metal! baka di pa nila naririnig yung kabaong ni kamatayan, death after birth, rumble belly etc kaya akala nila metal na ang wolfgang!

anyways eto ang balita sa mga idolo kong slayer!!

Slayer Win First Grammy For "Eyes Of The Insane"

Slayer have been awarded their first-ever Grammy Award. The track, "Eyes of the Insane," from the band's most recent album, "Christ Illusion," took the Grammy in the category of Best Metal Performance. Fellow category nominees included Lamb of God, Mastodon, Ministry and Stone Sour.

This was Slayer's second Grammy nomination, the first being in 2002 for the track "Disciple" (from "God Hates Us All"), also in the Best Metal Performance category.

Slayer, currently headlining a North American tour, did not attend the Grammy's presentation, but vocalist/bassist Tom Araya had this to say about the win from his hotel room in Columbus, OH: " Jeff [Hanneman] and I put a lot into 'Eyes of the Insane' so we're thrilled that the Grammy voters took the time to listen to it, and then vote for it. We're out here on the road and we're all really, really happy."

Edited by kuya willie

Bloodshedd another local metal pride headbangers (woooooooooo! *ala-Ric Flair), maiba ako ngayong major label na ang may hawak sa Shadows Fall lalabas kaya dito sa pinas yung album nila (sana naman parang yung WAR WITHIN) & nabasa ko din na bati na ang Cavalera brothers does this mean na magkakareunion ang Sepultura o silang mag-utol lang (Max & Igor)

:cool:

Mga parekoy na mahihilig sa DOOM/GOTHIC metal .. may bagong album na ang TYPE O NEGATIVE!

=DEAD AGAIN=

Narinig ko na ang ibang tracks-- LINTIK!!! SOBRANG PANALO!!! IPAGHALO MO YUNG BLOODY KISSES, OCTOBER RUST , AND A little bit of WORLD COMING DOWN>>

SUS GRABEE!! SOBRA!! :cool: :cool:

TYPE O NEGATIVE - DEAD AGAIN:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6282/0130tonae7.jpg

PART 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/14104553/Type_...over_.part1.rar

PART 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/14105610/Type_...over_.part2.rar

I'm still a big Metallica fan since their Master Of Puppets era, eversince a 10 year old kid. Knew there was something about them that is timeless still. Cant wait to hear the new album in late 2007.

I have grown to such trends, kung paramihan ng alam ng metal bands patindihan etc etc.. its all a matter of perception. I miss those days where the fanzines and magazines proliferate giving an in depth stories about metal bands. Simply Anti -MTV.

you really research more about the artist you dig.

So far, many extreme metal technical players abound. But influence and their style permeats through the ages.

I would count Mercyful Fate - the original line up of King Diamond(two vocals -falsetto/guttural), Hank Shermann(guitars), Michael Denner(guitars), Timi Hansen (bass) and drummer Kim Ruzz. They are way ahead of their time and the real RIFF masters. I have listened to tons of metal bands over the years, but the "Blackness" of Metal started from Venom, magnified by Quorthon and even Celtic Frost.

But I dig the guitar virtuoso of MF Shermann and Denner, they came from a neo-classical jazz standpoint and created the mostamazing riffs ever. So amazing that they left of to another riff structure it would piss you off because they dont repeat the same riff patterns. Its like a song within a song narrative structure.

Satanic lyrics maybe cool at the same time silly, but the attitude of the music then was so aggressive and tight. You cant hear anything unlike them from bands today. They may have transmogrified into different forms and with repeated growls. But come to listen to their songs on tape... in your bedroom. you could clearly distinguish the tenacity of guitar riffs and it supported the song's visual imagery.

Mercyful Fate's Satan's Fall, up to this day and age, can still wipe off all the ridiculous sounding pseudo metal kids out there.

Evil's amazing riffs still rocks me more than any other.

Ihsahn and Samoth of Emperor were two peeps bred in classical music, develop their brand of symphonic metal, now called Black Metal and spurred numerous imitations, but the darkness, tightness and extremity of the songs ranked them as the most revered in the black metal circle.

Ihsahn ventured into his solo projects on the relm of extreme music, while Samoth, along with the ultra-fast-enduring drummer Trym, formed into Zyklon.

Their classic album Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk was a testament of that, a lot of majestic sounding black metal songs.

Many people dissed Metallica for their musical decisions. Its always been that way since 1984, so what's new. I have never seen a band to elicit massive highly polarized opinions on every bands album. The bashers and the true metallibangers.

Like Ulrich has said a number of times, "its all about the music."

Grammy winning producer Rick Rubin will produce the new Metallica album and the band will start recording this March and target day of release is late 2007.

Edited by gianwinters
I'm still a big Metallica fan since their Master Of Puppets era, eversince a 10 year old kid. Knew there was something about them that is timeless still. Cant wait to hear the new album in late 2007.

I have grown to such trends, kung paramihan ng alam ng metal bands patindihan etc etc.. its all a matter of perception. I miss those days where the fanzines and magazines proliferate giving an in depth stories about metal bands. Simply Anti -MTV.

Many people dissed Metallica for their musical decisions. Its always been that way since 1984, so what's new. I have never seen a band to elicit massive highly polarized opinions on every bands album. The bashers and the true metallibangers.

Like Ulrich has said a number of times, "its all about the music."

Grammy winning producer Rick Rubin will produce the new Metallica album and the band will start recording this March and target day of release is late 2007.

Elow, gianwinters, Welcome to MTC..

I think you are not just a Metallica fan.. You are a die-hard fan of Metallica.. :cool:

A very long narrative on Heavy Metal music you wrote there.. And I definitely agree on your POVs, especially "dun sa paramihan ng alam na banda, patindihan.."

Mercyful Fate (the first line-up) when I first heard them from made my hair rise because of the superb riffs that I have never ever heard before.. It was like when I first heard the old Black Sabbath..

Just like you, I love Mercyful Fate..

But this is not the sole reason why I quoted you on this one.. Its because (given you handle and your love for Metallica), I think I know you quite well.. Right? Check my handle, pare.. I think you know me quite well too.. :cool: Thanks for sharing me some of your CDs before.. Got surprised to see you here.. Enjoy the threads, pare.. Again, welcome!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

metalhead newbie here! kaso, i'm into old school thrash/death era. Tipong Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Sepultura, Kreator, Xentrix, Defiance, Solstice, Death, Malevolent Creation, Pestilence, Cancer, Cadaver, Disharmonic Orchestra etc etc etc. Ang dami!

Just started old school death/thrash CD collection this month. So far, I ensnared around 20 pa lang. WheW! Long way to go!

Mercyful Fate? They're good. galing ni King Diamond!

Anybody ito swedish death metal? Entombed, Dismember, at the Gates?

Guys, if you're selling some cds from your collection, timbrehan nyo naman ako.

Salamat!