oh well, i've been here last May 7-10, malumot nga yung beach, especially kapag calm ang water, pero nun nag-umpisang lumakas ang alon the following day, medyo nabawasan sila, or parang nawala nga. anyway, mas nag-enjoy ako mag-swim dun sa other side ng bora (next cove ng crocodile island), mas calm and crystal clear ang water.

d naman siguro sir... back in the early late 80's/early 90's nung hindi pa masyadong commercialized ang boracay, may lumot na din e... i really think it has something to do with the changing of the tides and all...

As I remember it was back in the 90's when they closed the beach because of poor water quality. I thought they required properties to fix the septic problem It depends on the kind of lumot has also invaded Puerto Galera, especially the beached near Sabang-Big Lalaguna. Sad.

I am here in Boracay right now and the lumot has come and gone. This place is the bomb!!! There are a lot of hot girls especially at the "Juice" unfortunately I drank too much Tanduay rum last night. Good thing I'll be here 2 more nights to party with the Aussies.

@señor_bugoy

Maybe my fears were unfounded. Anyway ok lang naman yung lumot kasi usually sa shallow part lang lumulutang. Pagdating sa waist deep water wala na.

@sulatanmoko

A lot of Hotel/Resorts actually offer better packages than if you just pay for the room. The big hotels typically offer "free" breakfast and dinner buffets. Of course nothing is free; the cost of your food will be factored into your bill, but most of the time packages that feature buffet meals are cheaper or priced the same as just getting a room. Other freebies like transfers, welcome drinks and souvenirs are part of some of the packages.

resorts that offer free breakfast / dinner (actually they just include it in their package)

1. boracay regency

2. tides boracay

those are the only two resorts that i know of.

I was just wondering how the weather in Boracay is around late August or early to mid-September? Is it suicide to go there during that time of the year? The only time I really go to Boracay is during the summer months, early February, or around November, but this year, the only time I have free is August-September...

Guest Sniglet

boracay regency has breakfast free but included in their package. most resorts do but rarely include lunch or dinner. boracay regency is my favorite and regular place because it is superb and nicely located. it has just finished its expansion of a garden wing and that makes them to have 3 swim pools!

hi just got back from our trip yesterday. the best pa din ang bora. we got lucky the weather was fantastic. not even a drop of rain. water activities are cheaper this time. ang dami din choices in food. nagkalat ang eat all u can. eat all u can prices range from Php180 to Php950. pag medyo tipid naman kau i recommend eating at Jaspers Tapsi. for nightlife naman ok sa cocomangas, mango ray, Boracay Regency, and sa Juice. if u plan to go to Bora this time of the year. wag na kau mag pa reserve. ang dami vacancy ng mga resorts. i recommend staying at station 2. ung malapit sa D'mall.

share ko na din yung total travel expenses namin.

"Per person"

(Asian Spirit) Plane Ticket: Manila-Caticlan-Manila Php 2,545

Tricycle Caticlan Airport-Caticlan Jetty port Php 40 (Max of 4 Pax)

Boat fee + Environmental fee + Terminal fee to Cagban Jetty port Php20 + Php50 + Php50

Multicab Cagban jetty port to Resort Php250 (Good for 6 to 8 pax)

@ dwyanewade03: bad trip, we got a kalibo flight instead, thinking na makakatipid kami. when we got the tickets, naglabas ng sobrang murang promo na Caticlan flight yung Asian Spirit and Cebupac!

anyway, here are my expenses (not including food, alcohol and pasalubong) for others' reference:

air fare: Manila-Kalibo-Manila P4100

van rental: kalibo-caticlan-Kalibo P400/head (solo namin yung van)

boat: P40 two way

terminal fee: P100 two way

environmental fee: P50

tricycle: P100/trip (4 pax), mahal multicab eh

room: P1,500/night (with ref, cable tv, h/c shower, 1 queen sized bed and 1 single), 10 meters away from the beach walk-way - this is not one of the classy hotels in bora, parang galera type na room lang siya

paraw (sail boat) - P500/paraw (up to 6 pax)

Snorkeling/beach hopping: P500/head, including entrance sa Crystal Cove, and equipment

ATV: P650/head, including entrance sa Mt Luho

for the food, pangit magtipid sa pagkain. set aside 1,500-2.5k for the food, for two nights only. additional if you like

eating sa buffet. but kung kailangan magtipid, there are meals which will cost you less than P100, sa d'market

parasailing is bet 2K-2.5K/head, I tried this last year for 1,200/head lang!

wala masyadong chicks kahapon, puro koreans!! maganda talaga between March-May pumunta, kung sight seeing ang gusto nyo :thumbsupsmiley: umuulan ng chicks pag summer

• 2 weeks later...

at this time of the year. ok sa Station 2. nde ganun kadami ang tourist. if trip mo mag unwind mag relax i suggest to stay in station 1. ang downside lng ng station 1 wala masyado nightlife. sa station 2 madami night spots. recommend ko ung "Juice" very close sya sa Bora Regency. ok din sa summersplace, cocomangas...

if you would like to have a luxurious vacation and time to really relax, i suggest you go for fridays in station 1.

it has lesser tourists. but of course, the rate there is more expensive than those of those hotels in station 2.

if you are a practical person and you would like to have fun at nights, then go to station 2. its where the gimik places are. :thumbsupsmiley:

i've stayed in both station, personally, i like staying in station 1.its more relaxing and besides i can always walk towards station 2 whenever i want to have night outs.

For me, I'll go and stay in Station 1.

Want to bar hop and have your barkada night outs then stroll or take the trike to Station 2.

For swimming mas di rin puno ang beachfront ng Station 1. Then as most say, mas tahimik and relaxing sa Station 1. :thumbsupsmiley:

hmmm... tlagang mahal pag summer eh no???

nung nagpunta ako nung summer (after ng holyweek)

eto gastos ko

airfaremanila-kalibo-manila ---- 3k

room 1.5k per night kasama n dun ung breakfast sarap ng food ok p ung service (parang reyna)

may sariling resto n may 10% discount ksi dun kmi stay

600 per person ung island hopping -- ang saya grabe--- 10 am to almost 5pm-- ksama b yung buffet lunch (ang sasarap ng inihain) :thumbsupsmiley:

un lng.. dun ako nayari sa ginastos ko sa pasalubong... :upside:

ok lng saya saya nmn eh..

next year... palawan--davao-bohol--bora in 2 and a half weeks... kayanin ko kaya un??? :boo:

^same question din @ ccchick

@elesi - thanks. Wil check those resorts.

@ Big Joe - san kayo nag stay?

My trip to bora will on aug 9-11. Sana hindi bumagyo. Until now wala pa rin kaming nahahanap na place to stay..

Try ocean breeze in, i can pm you the details or their email address, station 3 siya though :)

I might be going this 3rd week of september, so yung mga repapips that would like to join us, get away tayo while promo fare pa :)