guys is there a cheap hotel/resort to stay in bora? i've been there one and the room that we got is quite expensive

depends on what type of accomodation you expect... :blink:

non-beach front place are usually the cheapest (expecially those located along the main road). Then there are the Nipa Hut types. Station 3 have the most cheapest room accomodation in the island (kasi sobra layo s gimikan).

You give me a specific specs (location, budget, accomodation, type) and I might be able to list a place or two.

:mtc:

question...guys if your on a single room or lets say a double room..you meet a chick on a bar or on the beach ask her to your hotel( ex-red coconut) ask her to sleep with you and she agrees..will the hotel charge you extra for that?????

or your on a triple room, you have some friends who are from bora/kalibo come over( drinking spree/orgy/sleepover/watever) will they charge you extra for this? you your friends sleeping over?

need some sugguestions pares

travelling to bora may 15-20

looking for a place to stay that is very close to nightlife, has aircon, prefer beach front.

anyone have suggestions

also is may 15 a bad week to go?

palces around stn2 is the best place to look for... May 15 isn't that bad.

places to consider na front beach lapit sa gimikan... sobra dami and depends on your budget, try mo mga ito -->boracay peninsula, hotel seraph, regency, tirol-tirol, el centro, nigi-nigi, boracy beach chatel, villa de oro, court yard, Boracay de Paris, ,le solie,mandarin resort, club manila east, mango ray, red coconut, crystal sand, bans, el toro, royal park, dave's place, true home.

but my personal picks... El centro, tirol-tirol, boracay de paris, mango ray, bans resort, royal park.

question...guys if your on a single room or lets say a double room..you meet a chick on a bar or on the beach ask her to your hotel( ex-red coconut) ask her to sleep with you and she agrees..will the hotel charge you extra for that?????

or your on a triple room, you have some friends who are from bora/kalibo come over( drinking spree/orgy/sleepover/watever) will they charge you extra for this? you your friends sleeping over?

standard room occupants is 2 in a room. if your alone in your room tpos nagkaroon ka ng sleep over pwede mo request n libre n iyon as long as you don't ask for extra pillows. Pero kung orgy ang hanap mo may extra charge n iyon. Kya it's sometimes better to stay in a mid-level resort s bora pra you can ask for little favors like these ;)

Some of my friends and I are planning to go to Boracay this May. Being the roadtrip freaks that we are, we of course planned to use the Nautical Highway, utilizing the RoRo system. I have been strongly advised though not to bring our cars all the way to Caticlan but to rather find a safe parking lot in Roxas instead. Since there are only two RoRo trips that ply the Roxas-Caticlan route (and vice-versa) each day, and since each RoRo ship can only hold up to 20-30 cars, some car travellers have experienced getting stuck both in Roxas and in Caticlan before (some as much as 3 days!!!).

I'm just wondering if anybody here knows any safe, well-guarded, public parking lot in Roxas, Mindoro? Money is actually not that big of an object for us, we are willing to pay as much as P400/day if we have to (but of course we prefer paying less) so long as we can be assured that we'll still have our cars upon returning there 5 days later.

Hoping for any positive reply! Thanks! :)

Any other tips and pieces of advice for this trip will also be helpful! :thumbsupsmiley:

Parking your car in Roxas City? That's still too far. Why not park the car at Caticlan instead? I think there are parking areas near the jetty port. Going to Bora via RoRo is one helluva ride. It took us almost 16 hours of sea and land travel. That was the when the first time I went to Bora. We planned on saving money kaya nag RoRo kmi. We nung dumating kmi sa Bora, na realize namin na bad trip na yung pauwi kasi another 16 hrs na naman. Halos isang araw din ang nawala sa vacation namin coz it was spent on the trip. The journey wasnt even worth it coz gabi palagi ang biyahe, kaya walang view.

Parking your car in Roxas City? That's still too far. Why not park the car at Caticlan instead? I think there are parking areas near the jetty port. Going to Bora via RoRo is one helluva ride. It took us almost 16 hours of sea and land travel. That was the when the first time I went to Bora. We planned on saving money kaya nag RoRo kmi. We nung dumating kmi sa Bora, na realize namin na bad trip na yung pauwi kasi another 16 hrs na naman. Halos isang araw din ang nawala sa vacation namin coz it was spent on the trip. The journey wasnt even worth it coz gabi palagi ang biyahe, kaya walang view.

Thanks for the reply Flip. Once we dock ba sa Caticlan malayo pa to the Jetty Port that will take us to Boracay? Hindi ba walking or tricycle-ride distance na lang? Again, I've heard of a lot of stories of people getting stuck in both Roxas and Caticlan ports just because they can't fit their cars anymore. I'm sure if walang car na dala easier na sumakay to any ship going to Caticlan from Roxas and going back to Roxas from Caticlan. Of course, yung caveat that Roxas has a safe, well-guarded (can't emphasis this more) parking lot.

Sorry ha, first timers here. We've always used the Asian Spirit way kasi everytime we go to Boracay before so newbie talaga ako dito ngayon.

Thanks for the reply Flip. Once we dock ba sa Caticlan malayo pa to the Jetty Port that will take us to Boracay? Hindi ba walking or tricycle-ride distance na lang? Again, I've heard of a lot of stories of people getting stuck in both Roxas and Caticlan ports just because they can't fit their cars anymore. I'm sure if walang car na dala easier na sumakay to any ship going to Caticlan from Roxas and going back to Roxas from Caticlan. Of course, yung caveat that Roxas has a safe, well-guarded (can't emphasis this more) parking lot.

Sorry ha, first timers here. We've always used the Asian Spirit way kasi everytime we go to Boracay before so newbie talaga ako dito ngayon.

From Caticlan to the jetty is about some 50-60 steps lang. Well if its not safe in Roxas and in Caticlan then where else? If you say that its safe in Roxas, then kayo bahala. If its my case, I'd rather park the car in Batangas instaed. There, I know that my car is really safe.

we were there for three days...march 27-29...first timers din...

with my family syempre...super sarap nga sa bora...we stayed at ESCONDIDO sa station 1...nde sya beach front pero sulit din dahil very friendly mga tao dun lalo na owner, si GREG. super sarap pa ng BORACAY CRABHOUSE nila...grabe. nde nyo dapat kalimutan punta sa kanila para crabhouse nila...sulit...sabi nga nila...makakalimutan mo name mo...hehehe.

2-3 minutes walk lang naman papunta sa beach so ok din. then punta din kami sa d'mall, d'market at d'talipapa...

para sa mga souvenir items...at kung san mura ang mga fud...ok naman pamasahe sa tricycle...7 pesos lang each...nagkalat ang mga naglalagay ng henna, perma tattoo, at mga batang nagbe braid ng buhok(200 pesos and singil nila).

then sa mga gustong mag island hopping 1,800 per six person. bitin nga lang ang three days...gusto pa humirit nina esmi ng one day...kaso mo ubos na budget...hehehe

need some sugguestions pares

travelling to bora may 15-20

looking for a place to stay that is very close to nightlife, has aircon, prefer beach front.

anyone have suggestions

also is may 15 a bad week to go?

ok...just came from bora last week....we stayed at shenna's resort..they have Php1800 for non beach front....and Php2500 for beach front....eh medyo kakilala namin yung nag refer so Php2000 na lang yung room....

of course high peak season rates lang toh.....so the room is in station 2, beach front with ref, aircon, cable, near d' mall....malapit sa mga gimikan.....

ok...just came from bora last week....we stayed at shenna's resort..they have Php1800 for non beach front....and Php2500 for beach front....eh medyo kakilala namin yung nag refer so Php2000 na lang yung room....

of course high peak season rates lang toh.....so the room is in station 2, beach front with ref, aircon, cable, near d' mall....malapit sa mga gimikan.....

Ilan kayo sa room sa 2thou?

well this summer there would be a new hotel that will open at BORA and its name is TWO SEASONS HOTEL located near the party places in BORA :cool: its sure worth a try....the features of the hotel was really well planned and well thought of i dont really know about the price but hey! why think of the prices when you can have a more relaxing stay at a new hotel that aims to give 5 star treatment to its guest... :cool:

Parking your car in Roxas City? That's still too far.

I don't think you're reading the first poster's point correctly. He means Roxas, Oriental Mindoro not Roxas City, Capiz. Roxas, Oriental Mindoro is jump-off point of the RORO service to Caticlan. It is about 1.5-2 hours drive south from Calapan depending on your speed vis-a-vis road conditions. Smaller cars will have to slow down over rough portions of the highway while SUVs and pick-ups can easily breeze through.

If Boracay is your final stop, there's no point in bringing your car all the way to Caticlan. You should only bring your car if you intend to drive further from Caticlan ... to Kalibo, Roxas City or Iloilo or even cross over to Negros.

Try calling the Philippine Ports Authority (Port Area, Manila) and inquire if you can park your car at the port in Roxas under their care. We have an MTC member who knows people there .... try sending a PM to delisyus and see if she can help you.

HAPPY MOTORING! :)