went there last week

i find it more convenient if you went there using the airline packages, almost all the airlines have them.

that way someone will fetch you when you land, take you to your hotel, then take you to the airport when you leave.

caticlan airport is closed to big planes, so you have to bear with a two hour bus trip and a ferry ride to boracay island.

oh, be prepared to take your shoes off and get wet when your boat comes to pick you up.

nice places to stay in front of the beach are Boracay Mandarin, Boracay Regency, La Carmela, and the Redsomething hotel hehe

all are in station 2. i like station 2 the best because it's near d 'mall and d'talipapa.

Edited by hitomi

^i'm thinking of availing airline package as well. from which airline did you avail the package? how much does it cost you? i've only checked cebu pacific and their package is around 10k+ as the cheapest. that's quite expensive for me, hehe :D i'm planning to travel in bora by january. kalibo flight is not a problem since i would also like to witness the ati-atihan by that time.

^i'm thinking of availing airline package as well. from which airline did you avail the package? how much does it cost you? i've only checked cebu pacific and their package is around 10k+ as the cheapest. that's quite expensive for me, hehe :D i'm planning to travel in bora by january. kalibo flight is not a problem since i would also like to witness the ati-atihan by that time.

we got the PAL package, something around 10k each i think.

the nicest thing about PAL is there are less people, even in the plane. they don't fill it up to capacity.

there are travel agencies that offer packages as low as 7k, it's in the cheaper hotels though

but i think where you stay won't matter so much 'coz you'll be out most of the time. :)

we're planning to stay here on chinese new year next Feb. sadly, our budget reached sky high too. but i think it will be worth it. we're booked at BBC for 5 days and we reserved tix on cebu pac. sadly (again) PAL has cheaper rates on the day we're booked but on selected time only.

here's a tip for backpackers like me...

always check the site of PAL and CBP day to day to catch up lower rates of their flights. if you wanna go to bora, plan as early as 3 months ahead (booking of flight and resort)(based on my experienced especially on super peak seasons) to catch up cheap room rates for hotels and cheap flight rates for planes.

i'm so excited right now. i wish its feb already.

we got the PAL package, something around 10k each i think.

the nicest thing about PAL is there are less people, even in the plane. they don't fill it up to capacity.

there are travel agencies that offer packages as low as 7k, it's in the cheaper hotels though

but i think where you stay won't matter so much 'coz you'll be out most of the time. :)

where did you stay with the package from PAL? is that from the PALAKBAYAN package? Cebu Pacific's offer is also aroound 10k. i'm just worried about the accommodation. baka sa station 3 yun, ang layo...

where did you stay with the package from PAL? is that from the PALAKBAYAN package? Cebu Pacific's offer is also aroound 10k. i'm just worried about the accommodation. baka sa station 3 yun, ang layo...

station 2 :)

yeah, and keisuke's right. the hotel names are listed with the package

I'm planning to take my family to Boracay for the first time.

I've never been to this place before and a quick search on the net came up with Fridays, Boracay Regency, ShangriLa , Discovery Shores.

Which of these are good places to stay at?

Shangri la is the best resort in boracay but quite expensive but if you can afford it why not!!

Discovery Shores and fridays are expensive too (station 1) but offers the best beachfront.

I have no idea sa boracay Regency, piece of advice, no to patio pacific - magka mantsa lang ng konti yung sheets nila you have to pay for it na.

for accomodations na mejo ok yung price, try white house or sur (station 1) pwede din pearl of the pacific ($90-120) depende sa season..

Shangri la is the best resort in boracay but quite expensive but if you can afford it why not!!

Discovery Shores and fridays are expensive too (station 1) but offers the best beachfront.

I have no idea sa boracay Regency, piece of advice, no to patio pacific - magka mantsa lang ng konti yung sheets nila you have to pay for it na.

for accomodations na mejo ok yung price, try white house or sur (station 1) pwede din pearl of the pacific ($90-120) depende sa season..

After showing photos of the hotels to my family, they now got their hearts set on Fridays because of its "beach look".

However, I'm still waiting for hotel confirmation :)

I'll check out White House and Pearl of the Pacific if I cant get a room at Fridays. Thanks mate, Now I have other hotels to book.

Bro try Discovery Shores..the best beach front...friendly and courteous staff... :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

After showing photos of the hotels to my family, they now got their hearts set on Fridays because of its "beach look".

I'll check out White House and Pearl of the Pacific if I cant get a room at Fridays. Thanks mate, Now I have other hotels to book.

Bro try Discovery Shores..the best beach front...friendly and courteous staff... :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Fridays fully booked.

Thank you for your advice. I'm now placed a reservation request for 4 nights at Discovery Shores.

All hotels in Boracay recommended here seem to be all fully booked. oh well. Boracay must be such a great place...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm planning to take my family to Boracay for the first time.

I've never been to this place before and a quick search on the net came up with Fridays, Boracay Regency, ShangriLa , Discovery Shores.

Which of these are good places to stay at?

Kahit alin sa apat na iyan hindi ka magsisisi.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing much i can say about the bar girls but if you're patient enough. Stay alone in a bar at past midnight, girls just (foreigners mostly) pop out and ask for a drink. Lucky cousin of mine happened to him 2 night in row when we were there. One a Latin American and a Filipina American.