Sayang naman kung madumi na sa bora. Last time I was there was in 2006 pa. Okay pa naman that time. Dun ko narealize na ang liit lang talaga ng mundo kasi may mga nakasalubong ako na nag-hi sa kin. Since I didn't recognized them, they introduced themselves na ka-gym ko daw sila. Grabe di ba? Eh hindi ko naman sila kilala. Hahaha!

Agree with Bricks, kung station 2 at gusto mo value for money, go with La Carmela. Pero kung cheaper pa gusto mo, madami sa bandang station 3 na mga mukhang apartment type. Malapit na yun sa market. Maliit lang naman dun.. kaya mo lakarin from station 3 to station 1. Pero kung tamad ka, pwede ka rin naman mag-tricycle.

Sayang naman kung madumi na sa bora. Last time I was there was in 2006 pa. Okay pa naman that time. Dun ko narealize na ang liit lang talaga ng mundo kasi may mga nakasalubong ako na nag-hi sa kin. Since I didn't recognized them, they introduced themselves na ka-gym ko daw sila. Grabe di ba? Eh hindi ko naman sila kilala. Hahaha!

Agree with Bricks, kung station 2 at gusto mo value for money, go with La Carmela. Pero kung cheaper pa gusto mo, madami sa bandang station 3 na mga mukhang apartment type. Malapit na yun sa market. Maliit lang naman dun.. kaya mo lakarin from station 3 to station 1. Pero kung tamad ka, pwede ka rin naman mag-tricycle.

Kapag tamad ka, wag ka na pumunta 😂😂😂

Kapag December malinis sa bora..been there 2years ago. Baka this coming December punta ulit ako. Tara na 😄

Best time to go is October to Feb, walang moss/lumot. Best time for me is around the New Year. I've celebrated a few New Year's here and madaming putukan. Hahahha.

Pag Pinas summer puro locals and for some reason mas madumi ang beach (trying to be politically correct here), and thus madaming moss dahil they eat up and survive on human waste.

• 2 months later...

We just went there December 13. We were struck by Typhoon Urduja and got stranded for 3 more days, Good thing we were still able to enjoy our vacation by doing other activities even though it was a hassle.

Thanks to AirBNB, we were able to relocate to a much cheaper place but a great venue in station 1. We can still stay on the same hotel but it is not wise to stay longer due to budgeting so we had to relocate. Being stranded in an island far away from the City, All in all it was a diff kind of experience but we still enjoyed it.

Was fortunate enough to have gone to Boracay in 1994. That time, the attraction was the place itself. Clean, expansive beaches, clean and clear water, peaceful provincial living. Stayed in one of those beachfront huts set in a grove of trees. Very rustic, very peaceful. The amount of people was sparse enough that you can have a whole block of beach all to yourself and sunbathe naked if you wanted to...and quite a number of foreigners did. The party scene was there but not so...wild. Spent the next few years wishing to get back and spent a few more years saving up to actually get back...which I was eventually able to do. So I went back and I was...uh...taken aback. The...perspective...changed a lot. Oh the beach was there, provided that your definition of beach is generally where the sea met the sand. The water was still clear, so much so you could see the occasional half buried bag of junk food and other commercial flotsam underneath the water. But the party scene...wow! It was as if it got boosted by steroids! In non-stop doses! 3 days and 2 nights of pure hedonism. But as they say, what happens in bora stays in bora. Nowadays, if I get asked if it's worth the trip, I usually ask what their priority is. If it's the nature scene, I'd say there are other, better places to go. But if it's for the party scene, then yes, Bora is the place to be.

• 4 weeks later...

resort owners knowingly violated the law and exposed tourists and guests to harmful bacteria in the water...they have to be closed until they comply to safety and environmental laws

i always go to BORA but now i may look for other places in the Phils. that is more safe and healthy

• Like (+1) 1