What's So Special About Starbucks?

Starbucks is the McDonald's of coffee. Nothing special, in fact, you can get better at the same or lower prices elsewhere. BUT - with Starbucks/McDonald's, you always know what you're going to get when you order your favorite drink. It's always the same - looks the same, tastes the same, smells the same.

There (Manila) more than here (Silicon Valley), it could be also the place to see and be seen. Here, I think it's more convenience and ubiquity that drives their popularity.

Me, I like my local neighborhood coffeehouse - better coffee at lower prices and a place "where everybody knows your name".

i have been a coffee drinker since i was a wee toddler :P tried every coffee joint that has good coffee, in and around manila and i can safely say that i like starbucks the most. why? well, they have the best cold coffee drinks around ( mocha frap- love ko 'to :heart: ) and you can't beat the view of the cute chicks that just hang out there :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

the coffee itself doesnt have the aroma. figaro and mister donut has more fragrant and tasty coffee. with regards to being IN, the place is quite cozy but being overcrowded is definitely not for coffee lovers. i'd rather go there on afternoons of weekdays or holidays and just read a book and sip on some tea or coffee. starbucks is all about SIGNATURE coffee. if people treat it as a place to be seen, once the novelty dies away (and it will some time with the rapid expansion), the crowds will also dwindle.

nothing... it sucks! and i think people who hang out at starbucks or the likes... also suck! mwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Hahaha!

Dehin ka naman galit niyan? :D

Akp personally, for cold blends I prefer Mocha Blends.

For hot blends, I still prefer the traditional Chinese Tea served sa Chinese Restos. :)

Hehehe....

nothing... it sucks! and i think people who hang out at starbucks or the likes... also suck! mwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Aminin na natin.

May pagka-escapist ang pinoy e. Talaga namang ang dahilan kaya tinatangkilik ang Starbucks kasi ang feeling ng tao, sosyal siya.

Kasehodang masa lang ang customer at barya lang ang nasa bulsa, pupunta yan sa Starbucks para kahit saglit, feeling mayaman yan.

Nakakatuwa nga minsan yung mga bata pang yuppies na tumatambay dun na Ingles ng Ingles (kahit mali-mali), na para bang ipingangalandakan sa mga dumadaan na "sosi" ako. Sarap lunurin sa kape.

May kumalat nga na e-mail dati tungkol sa Pinoy at ang "coffee phenomena" na sumisikat ngayon. Sayang wala na sa hard disk ko e.

Ako, inaamin ko, tambay ako sa mga ganitong lugar. May konti naman kasi akong pera so gumagastos ako ng isandaan mahigit para sa kape naman na libre sa amin (sagot ng nanay ko, Nescafe 3-in-1). Lalu na kung nasa labas ako at naghahanap ng matatambayan (gaya ngayon, nasa Cebu).

'Alang kasama, andaming oras, walang pupuntahan - gimme a Starbucks everytime.

Ang diperensiya naman kasi, dun makakaupo ka na tahimik, may hawak na pocketbook at nagyoyosi while watching the beautiful girls walk by. Ang binebenta kasi nila e yung bang parang "relax, sit, drink a cup of coffee." Tsaka sila lang ang mga establishments na pwede mong tambayan na di ka minamadali para umalis. Nasa sa iyo na lang yun kung makapal ang mukha mo at di ka man lang bumili ng pinakamurang kape nila.

Magagawa mo ba yun sa ibang kainan? Magkape ka sa McDo tapos mayamaya lang mahihiya ka dahil andaming naghahanap ng mauupuan, ansasama pang tumingin.

So okey, mahilig ako sa kape at tumtambay ako sa mga ganoong lugar. E ano ngayon, pera ko naman yon a. At huhusgahan mo ko dahil tumatambay ako dun at bumibili ng mamahaling kape?

Hiningan ba kita ng pambili? Inabala ko ba ang oras mo dun habang nagkakape ako?

A**hole...

Pero, sa totoo lang, mas masarap sa kin yung kapeng barako na may gatas ng kalabaw. Tapos nakasalampak ang pwet ko sa ilalim ng puno at nakatingin sa bukirin ng lolo ko, sa ilalim ng nagtatakipsilim na langit.

Beats a Starbucks, their ridiculuously priced coffee, and all those beautiful girls passing by..

Whats so special about starbucks? im wondering why starbucks is a huge succes here in the philippines inspite of our economic crisis people are still speding hundred box just to get a sip of a special coffee..

tell me MTC members what's so special about starbucks?

It is the hot chicks I tell you. The hot chicks. Who gives a fart about the over priced coffee, DD serves even better coffee at a quarter of the cost. It is the hot chicks. :lol:

What's so special about starbucks?- hmmm..... That's the place where I work on my paperworks! honestly m a starbucks baby.... Just can't live a day without goin to that place... Fraps and decaf are great! the donuts and croissants are yummy, the salad are healthy and before I forget the steamed milk is awesome try to put vanilla syrup n it, tastes like heaven.....