N F L - National Football League

.. its the "any given sunday" adage... like last years Giants .. they got hot at the right time, actually both teams (Eagles and Cards) got hot at the right time

what gets me .. still is that non call on kevin curtis .. if they give that call to fitz earlier .. kevin curtis shouldve gotten that call too .. officiating was bad on both sides of the ball .. even that kickoff that went out was a blown call... those 4 zebras should never be allowed to call a playoff game...

• 2 weeks later...

my superbowl pick...

Arizona Cardinals - prolly the most offensive team since the greatest show on turf .. LFitz is a beast and even if he gets shut down Boldin and Breaston are also 1000 yard recievers.. and Edge seems to have found new legs, good coaching (wisenhunt was the Pitt offensive coordinator when they won a couple of years back).. if the D shows up like they did the last 3 games.. this will be a very dangerous team.

Pittsburgh Steelers - the new version of the Steel Curtain ... Woodley, Harrison, Polamalu and Clark should all be playing in the pro bowl.. if this team gets the pass rush right .. the Arizona Offense will sputter... the coaching staff is pretty much the same when they won it all .. well for the D side mostly.. but still Tomlin is a wild card .. will he choke or will he shine?

i still think Big Ben is not that good a qb .. he is getting by with that monster running game and a shutdown D.

with that being said .. im picking the Cards over the Steelers ... the way the O line has been protecting Kurt ... hes getting his passes off very nicely.. they can shutdown Fitz (which i doubt) but the other two are also money.. and the only way i see the Cardinals O getting shut down is if they put an extra DB on the field .. if that happens Edge, Hightower and Arrington.. will run like the bulls that they are

Edited by denimhead